Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Jv Team in 15th?
Eagle Eye Wrote:I believe if you follow the JC program that JK did not PITCH any varsity action all year. He also PITCHED JV against other opponents such as Belfry and Sheldon Clark. Taylor only started a few games at DH which is not catcher in varsity action. Jeremy started in the outfield and played SS and PITCHED in JV and MIDDLE SCHOOL. I believe if I am not mistaken these kids future is not in the outfield and not at DH! JK played almost every JV game and Taylor and Jeremy played almost every JV and MIDDLE school game. So get your facts straight before you start something you know nothing about!!:thumpsup:
I didn't say that JK pitched in any varsity games....Did I say Taylor caught at varsity, No....Are you trying to say that Jeremy was only used in MS and JV, cause that's what your post says??? LOL...Jeremy will be JC's stud by his Soph year, but he is really very good no matter where you put him, but outfield is his best pos. as of right now. So tell me just where my facts are wrong. I know as much about the players in all of Johnson County in the age groups of 8th thru juniors as any! PM some names and I send you their strengths and weaknesses!! I have seen the majority of these kids play in hundreds of games since their days in Tee ball!
The Guru Wrote:I didn't say that JK pitched in any varsity games....Did I say Taylor caught at varsity, No....Are you trying to say that Jeremy was only used in MS and JV, cause that's what your post says??? LOL...Jeremy will be JC's stud by his Soph year, but he is really very good no matter where you put him, but outfield is his best pos. as of right now. So tell me just where my facts are wrong. I know as much about the players in all of Johnson County in the age groups of 8th thru juniors as any! PM some names and I send you their strengths and weaknesses!! I have seen the majority of these kids play in hundreds of games since their days in Tee ball!

You said that they only played because it was against Paintsville which was absolutely false. That is where you were wrong. Eagle Eye did not say that Jeremy was used in JV and middle school. He said he also played them as well and pitched and played ss which he did not get to do at the varsity level.LOL Jeremy is already one of JC's studs and he probably was their best hitter last year. You said that JK and Taylor started varsity and then got to play JV just against Paintsville. That was totally false!LOL! Isn't that what JV is for? To let younger guys improve at something that is going to help the varsity team later on? If Taylor didn't catch then when was he going to see any time catching with Sturgill in front of him. Dillon Baldwin also played JV! But I guess it was wrong to let him get some chances to swing the stick which he didn't get to do in varsity.
I don't care what school you go to. IF you are a Varsity starter or a kid that gets more than your fair share of Varsity time. You don't need to be on JV. JV IMO is for the development of younger kids and for the Varsity players who don't see the field. Also if you start Varsity and play Varsity there is absolutely no reason for you to be playing in any Middle School games.
OffTheHook Wrote:I don't care what school you go to. IF you are a Varsity starter or a kid that gets more than your fair share of Varsity time. You don't need to be on JV. JV IMO is for the development of younger kids and for the Varsity players who don't see the field. Also if you start Varsity and play Varsity there is absolutely no reason for you to be playing in any Middle School games.

What if you do not have enough kids on the jv level? Jc only had 10-12 players all year on the jv. That is what happens when you only have 2 seniors and 3 juniors. You have to know the situation before you judge something. You are right the JV is for development of younger kids and that is exactly what was done. If those kids did not play then there would be no JV. :thumpsup:
Referee Wrote:You said that they only played because it was against Paintsville which was absolutely false. That is where you were wrong. Eagle Eye did not say that Jeremy was used in JV and middle school. He said he also played them as well and pitched and played ss which he did not get to do at the varsity level.LOL Jeremy is already one of JC's studs and he probably was their best hitter last year. You said that JK and Taylor started varsity and then got to play JV just against Paintsville. That was totally false!LOL! Isn't that what JV is for? To let younger guys improve at something that is going to help the varsity team later on? If Taylor didn't catch then when was he going to see any time catching with Sturgill in front of him. Dillon Baldwin also played JV! But I guess it was wrong to let him get some chances to swing the stick which he didn't get to do in varsity.

That is what I was talking about. Guru if you son saw some limited varsity action would it be fair to not let him play jv or just because he played some varsity then he shouldn't be allowed to play jv. What if he was a pitcher? And as a freshman he didn't get to pitch varsity. Would you want him to try and develop some or just give up pitching until he is a junior or senior. Just wanting to see what you would think is fair or not.
Eagle Eye Wrote:What if you do not have enough kids on the jv level? Jc only had 10-12 players all year on the jv. That is what happens when you only have 2 seniors and 3 juniors. You have to know the situation before you judge something. You are right the JV is for development of younger kids and that is exactly what was done. If those kids did not play then there would be no JV. :thumpsup:

I am NOT just poking at JC. But, I noticed that they had a pretty good sized Middle School team this year. Why not bring a few more of those kids up and give them alittle more experience and increase the numbers? I do agree with your point about developing the arms for the future. I just can't see using the ones like Stacy and Smith at the Middle School level, when they are getting the time they are at the Varsity and JV levels. Why not use those two slots to develope a couple of other youngsters during the Middle School games? Just a thought.
Ashland's JV team is pretty good!
Referee Wrote:You said that they only played because it was against Paintsville which was absolutely false. That is where you were wrong. Eagle Eye did not say that Jeremy was used in JV and middle school. He said he also played them as well and pitched and played ss which he did not get to do at the varsity level.LOL Jeremy is already one of JC's studs and he probably was their best hitter last year. You said that JK and Taylor started varsity and then got to play JV just against Paintsville. That was totally false!LOL! Isn't that what JV is for? To let younger guys improve at something that is going to help the varsity team later on? If Taylor didn't catch then when was he going to see any time catching with Sturgill in front of him. Dillon Baldwin also played JV! But I guess it was wrong to let him get some chances to swing the stick which he didn't get to do in varsity.

Show me where I said they only played because it was Paintsville. I said when they played Paintsville. The part I was trying to get across was, why play a major varsity contributer in a jv game and risk injury.

Actually, EE never mentioned that Jeremy even played in a varsity game at all...reread his post. His quote..." Jeremy started in the outfield and played SS and PITCHED in JV and MIDDLE SCHOOL. " he did not mention that he played varsity at all!

Again... where did I say that Taylor and JK only played jv against Paintsville?

Dillon Baldwin....thank you....I knew I had left another varsity starter out of my list!!! JMO, but Dillon swings the bat just as well as anyone they DHed for him last year.

You are evidently misreading my written word. If we were talking in person, you would understand that I have not tried to put anyone down, just that I think it is risky and....well.....stupid to risk your imediate future on jv play.
Eagle Eye Wrote:That is what I was talking about. Guru if you son saw some limited varsity action would it be fair to not let him play jv or just because he played some varsity then he shouldn't be allowed to play jv. What if he was a pitcher? And as a freshman he didn't get to pitch varsity. Would you want him to try and develop some or just give up pitching until he is a junior or senior. Just wanting to see what you would think is fair or not.

I guess I am completely wrong about the JCHS jv program....I just thought that JK, Taylor , Jeremy....and of course Dillon were more than just limited varsity players, that's all.
Actually...my son did exactly what you are talking about. He played a few innings in about 8 varsity games with the exception of starting and playing the whole game against LCC when we had 4 starters not play because they went to Johnson Central's Prom. He played pretty good in jv and improved greatly over the year. He pitched in 2 jv games, both against Boyd county. The first time, he was brought in with us down a run and pitched the last 2 innings holding BC scoreless and giving up no hits and 1 walk with 2 K's. We came back in our last at bat and got the W! Then about a month later, He was the starter for the first game of 2 game 5 innings each double header. He pitched 5 innings, gave up 2 infield hits, walked 1 had 9 K's and gave up 1 unearned run...We lost that game 1-0 and BC only had 1 ball get out of the infield on him! Actually... Davey Trimble..(BC's JV Coach) pointed out to me that in the first 3 innings, the farthest they hit the ball off him was a pop foul that was caught by the catcher, 2 feet behind home plate!!LOL
I see your points in just wanting to get these guys more action...I just think it is risky.
Playing time is the only way these kids are going to get better. Without JV and middle school games, Taylor (8th) would have had 0 innings behind the plate and is expected to be the starter on the varsity this year, JK (10th) would have got 0 innings on the mound (6ft 4in hard throwing right hander),Stacey (8th) would have got 0 innings at SS and on the mound where he will be needed at JC, and Dillon (9th) would have got limited at bats if any at all if not for JV games.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:Playing time is the only way these kids are going to get better. Without JV and middle school games, Taylor (8th) would have had 0 innings behind the plate and is expected to be the starter on the varsity this year, JK (10th) would have got 0 innings on the mound (6ft 4in hard throwing right hander),Stacey (8th) would have got 0 innings at SS and on the mound where he will be needed at JC, and Dillon (9th) would have got limited at bats if any at all if not for JV games.
I can see and understand the logic. Just feel that JV, should be for kids to develope. IMO, if you are already starting or at least getting significant PT at Varsity, then playing JV, isn't really helping you as much as you helping JV.
In other words.....as the saying goes.....you are only as good as the level you play at. So if you are already at Varsity level, then JV is a step backwards.JMO.
Shelby Valley should have a good JV
most players were 8th graders
Allen Central should be decent this season
prestonsburg never played ac or bl last year in jv but they played maggofin and sf twice and morgan and they beat all of them and like that one guy said most of their players wouldnt allowed to play cauz they played varsity im on the team nad ihad to sit 3 innings cauz in pinched hit sum games
I think paintsville will be pretty good
Marlboro Man69 Wrote:prestonsburg never played ac or bl last year in jv but they played maggofin and sf twice and morgan and they beat all of them and like that one guy said most of their players wouldnt allowed to play cauz they played varsity im on the team nad ihad to sit 3 innings cauz in pinched hit sum games
Prestonburg JV dint beat magoffins JV team and they only played them once