Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Happened in the Benghazi Attack?
^Or sold out and blinded by bias.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Quote:Every now and then, something happens at Fox News that shakes up the established narrative. Friday was one of those days.

After weeks of hyperventilating spin-coverage of the tragic events in Libya nearly two months ago, Geraldo Rivera on Friday finally had his fill and lashed out at his coworkers’ “misleading” claims, calling the network’s narrative about the attack “misinformation” designed to support an outright “lie.”

“You are misleading the American people because you want to make a political point,” Rivera told fellow Fox News host Eric Bolling. “We have never in the history of the United States of America mounted a raid on the circumstance described here. We have never done it. The Israelis rescued their people in Tevi — seven days to mount that operation. This was seven hours.”

Detailed new reporting on the attack based on a newly released CIA timeline showed Friday that no order was ever given for support to stand down, and the CIA actually did dispatch a security team to the embassy during the 90-minute assault. However, The Wall Street Journal reported that they were delayed by Libyan officials. ABC News added that the security operatives also came under enemy fire outside the embassy.

Ever since Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney claimed that President Barack Obama’s first reaction was “to sympathize with those who waged the attacks” — a statement made before it was known that a U.S. ambassador and three others had been killed — Republicans on the conservative network have become insistent that Obama or someone in his administration refused to support the embassy while Obama instead went campaigning in Las Vegas.

Bolling was trying to repeat that claim on Friday, but Rivera just wasn’t having it. “When I heard Charles Woods call the president of the United States a murderer and a liar, it broke my heart,” he said, specifically citing a video that aired on “Hannity” several days ago featuring the father of a Navy SEAL who was killed in the attack.

“How many parents of GI’s lost in conflicts that were screwed up have said of the president of the United States that he murdered my child?” Rivera asked. “I love Charles Woods. I kissed him on television. But he is being led down a primrose path by misinformation that is making it look as if the president of the United States went gambling in Las Vegas when he could have been saving our people in Benghazi, and that is a lie!”

For what it’s worth, The Washington Post drew the same conclusions as Rivera after taking a detailed look at Fox News’s coverage of the attack in Benghazi. “[The] mainstream media have largely declined to follow Fox’s reporting, leaving it on something of a limb,” Post media columnist Erik Wemple concluded. “A reckoning is coming.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/02/ge...k.facebook
OMG!!! After all the puffery you display about "links", you post this??!!?? Let me think.....Geraldo Rivera.....oh yeah; that's the dude that had a live camera feed follow him to the sealed vault of Al Capone, I believe that's correct, to find (drum roll please) NOTHING.....

Since you can't find any better sources but this rag, here's some reading material for you.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/...ed-attack/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/...on-during/

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/01/opinion/be...index.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/d...story.html
Granny Bear Wrote:OMG!!! After all the puffery you display about "links", you post this??!!?? Let me think.....Geraldo Rivera.....oh yeah; that's the dude that had a live camera feed follow him to the sealed vault of Al Capone, I believe that's correct, to find (drum roll please) NOTHING.....

Since you can't find any better sources but this rag, here's some reading material for you.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/...ed-attack/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/...on-during/

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/01/opinion/be...index.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/d...story.html
He was disputing his own Fox people.
Anybody punch him in the nose....again??
TheRealVille Wrote:http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/02/ge...k.facebook

FROM YOUR ARTICLE---
"For what it’s worth, The Washington Post drew the same conclusions as Rivera after taking a detailed look at Fox News’s coverage of the attack in Benghazi."

:hilarious: Let me understand your line of rationale. According to you, The Washington Post, (is there a more liberal news paper in the world) is not backing the reporting of FOX News. The, 'In the tank', liberal main stream media, are essentially the ones letting this adminstration run rough shod over the truth at every turn. And you're saying they're going to support FOX, who has called them out for propagating the now famous cover story issued by the Obama team?

Heraldo Rivera has no business even working at FOX if you ask me. He's one of those guys who never speaks a word I can agree with. You might as well have sourced Alan Combs or Bob Beckel. These are the kind of guys that are just fine with cooked unemployment numbers and the government regulated destruction of the American energy industry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) accused the State and Defense Departments of forcing survivors of the Benghazi attack to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) to keep their stories under wraps. The effort to impose silence on the survivors continued until very recently, Wolf alleges, which he says “raises serious concerns” about the Obama administration’s priorities in investigating and resolving the failures that took place before and during the terrorist attack that sacked the diplomatic outpost and killed four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/18/co...greements/

Well, here we are nearly a year later. The only real progress that I've seen reported is that we now have verification of non-disclosure agreements forcibly signed by Benghazi survivors.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Rep. Frank Wolf (R-VA) accused the State and Defense Departments of forcing survivors of the Benghazi attack to sign non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) to keep their stories under wraps. The effort to impose silence on the survivors continued until very recently, Wolf alleges, which he says “raises serious concerns” about the Obama administration’s priorities in investigating and resolving the failures that took place before and during the terrorist attack that sacked the diplomatic outpost and killed four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/07/18/co...greements/

Well, here we are nearly a year later. The only real progress that I've seen reported is that we now have verification of non-disclosure agreements forcibly signed by Benghazi survivors.

just maybe there is nothing there ?
It shouldnt matter. According to the dems, nobody watches fox news anyways.
The media won't cover it and, thus, the majority of our low information citizens will continue to know nothing about it.

The Republicans have dropped the ball and will continue to do so.
vector Wrote:just maybe there is nothing there ?

:hilarious: Well if there was ever a captain of 'nothing there' it would have to be you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appears that "something" is there....it's in the news...FINALLY.
Granny Bear Wrote:Appears that "something" is there....it's in the news...FINALLY.

Isn't it amazing how just a little truth will dispel an ocean of deceit? This is why I have such contempt for the doctored version of events (on all subjects), that is continually emanating from the White House briefing room. The dark cloud of deceit hanging over this land which, has brought shame and reproach on our land has been suffocating. And, FTR, if we know the truth you can bet they know the truth in the Kremlin, the National People's Congress, Parliament (British and Iranian), and Israel's Civil Administration. The US is being laughed to scorn by governing bodies who not so long ago viewed America as the pinnacle of societies. Now, our leaders are trying their darnedest to tuck America in line among the 'global community" of also rans. Instead of leading by example the nations of the world, we cower behind international law and willingly subject ourselves to the whims of the UN.

I've never had any doubt that all the things that have happened during this administration's tenure, have had White House finger prints all over them. Further, out of all of this, there is one canon ball coming Hill's way that she will never be able to duck. When she stood there in that Air Force hangar and received the bodies of Ambassador Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, mention was again made that the video was responsible for the fracas, and the guy who made it would be dealt with.

According to the likes of Juan Williams, Alan Combes, and Leslie Marshall, America has moved on and this is all old news. Duh, like I can't have figured out for myself that was the plan from the outset? Just because they successfully kept the truth from the public doesn't mean it isn't still just as important. If outside forces had not kept on probing and investigating, we'd likely never known the truth, or rather had what we all knew confirmed for us by that email.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
John Boehner is in the process of selecting a committee to review this fiasco, at the request of Frank Wolfe (R-VA). The White House is still denying that they "prepped" Susan Rice even after the email was brought to light.

This just may come back to bite Hillary in the ass come 2016!! It will certainly trump her first grandchild mileage.
Granny Bear Wrote:John Boehner is in the process of selecting a committee to review this fiasco, at the request of Frank Wolfe (R-VA). The White House is still denying that they "prepped" Susan Rice even after the email was brought to light.

This just may come back to bite Hillary in the ass come 2016!! It will certainly trump her first grandchild mileage.

LOL, I really don't understand folks, frequently finding myself questioning how they make life altering decisions without so much as a second thought. Boyfriends and girlfriends after getting hastily married find they hate each other after only a few months, of course there is a child involved in the picture by that point. And on and on it goes.

Where it comes to voting candidates into high office they use even less judgment, if that's even possible. I hear a lot of men saying they'd like to party with Hill and they are therefore ready to make her the leader of the free world. She has shown her remarkable contempt for playing fair in the past but hey, she's a hell raiser and, like a nutria rat cooked in barbecue sauce down in Louisiana, that makes every thing alright. :eyeroll:

BTW, I know they're bobbing and weaving for all they're worth with regard to the validity of the email. I think they've finally met up with a problem of their making they won't be able to spin their way out of. At that point we will see them revert to foaming at the mouth contempt for conservatives and Republicans all. And, that's all they have ever really had, right was never on their side.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/...zi-attack/

This is from fox news; I couldn't find the story on CNN's website.

"The point is we should have tried," Lovell told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, in his opening statement. "As another saying goes -- always move to the sound of the guns."

Lovell also sharply countered claims that the intelligence community and military initially thought this was a protest over an anti-Islam video gone awry. He said U.S. officials knew this was a "hostile action" from the outset, even though they didn't know how long the attack would last.

"This was no demonstration gone terribly awry," Lovell said. "The facts led to the conclusion of a terrorist attack."

This is from Retired Brig. Gen. Robert Lovell

If Obama, Hillary and the rest of the pack have a conscience, I hope they never sleep another second. If they are able to sleep, then it doesn't matter...they're gone anyway.
Granny Bear Wrote:If Obama, Hillary and the rest of the pack have a conscience, I hope they never sleep another second. If they are able to sleep, then it doesn't matter...they're gone anyway.

At first glance the Brigider seems to have laid waste to administration claims in today's testimony. But, don't look for a teary eyed moment of confession from Hill or the Pres. As was the case with charming Billy, we might hear a judge's verdict or a committee finding guilt, but the words will never cross their lips.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It all depends on that famous statement from Slick Willy...."it depends on what the definition of "is" is."

That would be hysterically funny if it wasn't so vile.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/...ng-points/

The quote from the former White House spokesman is the epitome of the Obama administration to me.

"Dude, that was like two years ago"!!

:lmao:
Granny Bear Wrote:It all depends on that famous statement from Slick Willy...."it depends on what the definition of "is" is."

That would be hysterically funny if it wasn't so vile.

I remember all too well the tactics used by the slick one. He never did admit to having done the first thing wrong. That's why these guys are so dangerous, if they want something, the end always justifies the means. And, there are no holds barred either.

But more to the specifics of William Jefferson. He never did admit he lied to a federal judge, even though he was fined and disbarred. The only sitting president to bear the burden of that distinction. And yet, he still walks around with that iconic smirk like a conquering Ceasar or something, even though he was shamed before the entire planet. See, you really can't win an argument with a lawyer. If he is unwilling to concede a point all he has to do is change his tack, file another brief or, as you mentioned, declare with impudence that "It depends what your definition of is, is."

So, they can talk it up all they want to on FOX News, with every expert and authority they can cram into the news loop. Revelations and scandal be durned, nothing will come of it. Same thing with this new group of liberals, lawyers all who, if they commit to playing a game of juris-hide-and-seek till 2016, no amount of evidence or damning emails will ever force an apology or admission from. And, all these Republican haters who continually call them out for being too cowardly to challenge the administration on everything from EPA regs to ObamaCare, need to understand something. And, the best way I can demonstrate the point is by comparing three Presidents, Clinton, George W Bush and Barack Obama.

Clinton got impeached and thumbed his nose at the combined authority of the Federal Government. And as we all saw, he prevailed and managed to stay in office. In my mind, he put himself and his immense ego above the good of the country. To me, it was that impeachment proceeding that taught liberals how far the law could actually be stretched by those willing to see the country diminished in actions meant serve their own selfish interests. At any rate, to listen to media types speak of him today, you'd think Reagan wouldn't make a pimple on his backside. Then we have George W's example. He got himself in a bind and when congressional committees demanded emails and documents, they were forthcoming, (unredacted BTW). And he paid the price as Dems mercilessly assaulted his abilities to govern. Now we move to Obama. Congressional committees have asked time and time again for information and we're back to the Clinton model. :HitWall:

So, what power do we have in the face of such odds? The VOTING BOOTH!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When Boehner chooses the Republicans who will serve on the select committee, he needs to choose the meanest, dirtiest SOBs he can find. He needs to choose seasoned prosecutors with impressive records of getting to the truth and showing no mercy. He doesn't need to choose failures like Issa, Chaffetz, and Cantor. If he does, you can forget it.
Truth Wrote:When Boehner chooses the Republicans who will serve on the select committee, he needs to choose the meanest, dirtiest SOBs he can find. He needs to choose seasoned prosecutors with impressive records of getting to the truth and showing no mercy. He doesn't need to choose failures like Issa, Chaffetz, and Cantor. If he does, you can forget it.

Trey Gowdy should fit the bill nicely. I don't know about you truth but, every time I've ever been around a novice who had been promoted past his skill set, he always wanted to give himself a pass for his own screw-ups. Especially those who have been placed in authority over others. You know, they're just so thrilled to be the boss! That's how I view this administration. No matter how big a mess they make of things, they can very easily forgive their own indiscretions while giving the other fella hell.

And, I've always thought the bus driver analogy of which Mr Obama is so wont to use to describe his administration's time of being in charge of things, actually applies in unadulterated irony. I mean, what adult has not had to fend off assertions from some young-un who, from the back seat, insists he could do just fine if he had a chance to "drive the bus?" I know I'm not about to put my fate in the hands of a 10 year old. Why America chose to do it this time defies logic. At any rate, we are "in the ditch" despite the rosy spin.

I hope Gowdy is as ruthless getting to the truth, as Elijah Cummings has been in blocking access to it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Trey Gowdy is a fine choice. Jim Jordan is another good pick. We'll see about the rest of them.

On another note, I just bought a tee shirt that has a picture of GW Bush, Clemens, Obama, and a beauty queen throwing a baseball. Bush and Clemens look almost identical. Obama and the beauty queen look almost identical. As I have posted before, you can judge a "man" by the way he throws a baseball. That's a fact.
Truth Wrote:Trey Gowdy is a fine choice. Jim Jordan is another good pick. We'll see about the rest of them.

On another note, I just bought a tee shirt that has a picture of GW Bush, Clemens, Obama, and a beauty queen throwing a baseball. Bush and Clemens look almost identical. Obama and the beauty queen look almost identical. As I have posted before, you can judge a "man" by the way he throws a baseball. That's a fact.

Oh, I'm sold on your logic 100%. That to me, is exactly why Putin is going for all he can get while the gettin's good! Seriously, would you back down from a guy who thinks it's cool to sit around in jammies with footies? No, Putin thinks he could ride that stallion right up Obama's back flap. :lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh, I'm sold on your logic 100%. That to me, is exactly why Putin is going for all he can get while the gettin's good! Seriously, would you back down from a guy who thinks it's cool to sit around in jammies with footies? No, Putin thinks he could ride that stallion right up Obama's back flap. :lmao:

Obama is a pansy. As a person, he is a threat to no one- at least not to any men. You can rest assured that he will never, ever throw out a pitch at a baseball game. His feminine delivery is an embarrassment to the whole country. Putin has him where he wants him. As a threat, Chewbacca Obama, Barack's wife, is more imposing.
Truth Wrote:Obama is a pansy. As a person, he is a threat to no one- at least not to any men. You can rest assured that he will never, ever throw out a pitch at a baseball game. His feminine delivery is an embarrassment to the whole country. Putin has him where he wants him. As a threat, Chewbacca Obama, Barack's wife, is more imposing.

LOL, I'll have to say she can look scary when she wants to.

Define absurd-- Democrats refuse to take part of getting to the bottom of a national security scandal in which four fine Americans lost their lives because to hear them tell it, that would besmirch their memory.

Does anybody really buy the ridiculous line of bull coming from Reid, Carney, Pelosi and Becerra? Seriously, they must think they're speaking to mushrooms. :lame:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
mushrooms = liberals
As is the case in all elaborate cover ups, the story is only as strong as the weakest link. Not recognizing their own self destructive zealotry or it's borderline personality implications, liberal ideologues have wrongly assumed their subordinates will remain 100% loyal. Therefore, not being all-in for the liberal cause, too many of these subordinates have shown their reluctance to toe the party line or, fall on the party sword. As I have said, the coalition which comprises the Democrat party is a group of folks with very personal special interests. The bargain or agreement ends largely with the satisfaction of said special interests. The overall grand vision of the liberal is not shared among the individuals of that coalition, and so one after the other, men and women of conviction are coming forward to tell the truth about Benghazi. Now we see that former Clinton aide, Democrat and high ranking State Department Official Ray Maxwell, has had enough of the subterfuge. And FTR, he's anything but a small potato.

EXCERPT---
"Maxwell headed the State Department's Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs at the time and was in charge of collecting emails and documents related to the probe of the attack on the Benghazi diplomatic facility on Sept. 11, 2012.

"I was not invited to that after-hours endeavor, but I heard about it and decided to check it out on a Sunday afternoon," Maxwell told Attkisson.

Once there, he said he saw stacks and boxes of documents. He saw one person who directly worked for him there, though he had not been advised of her extra duties.

"She told me, 'Ray, we are to go through these stacks and pull out anything that might put anybody in the [Near Eastern Affairs] front office or the seventh floor in a bad light,'" Maxwell told Attkisson. "Seventh floor" referred to then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and her advisers.

Maxwell was eventually put on paid leave for a year, though no formal charges were filed. He told Attkisson he and three other State Department employees were scapegoated while higher-ranking officials responsible were not disciplined."
Read http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/Sharyl-...z3Da4Ietki

I believe the Select Committee will get to the truth, and this is just the start.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope you're correct!!

Party pockets run deep; not to mention what has happened in the past to some of the former Clinton friends who have had a change of heart.
Wow! They will get to the bottom of this just like the WMD's! That only cost America 4,500 Americans plus a trillion but hey who's counting anyway!