Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top teams in NKY
Conner is falling apart. Travis will be back soon. But Mason needs to get his shot back. I believe spencer needs to be benched a game, I've seen his play has gotten so much worse since last year, I attended the Ockerman game and CONNERS starters should be. Mason, the louden kid, Alec, Travis and maybe the Other kinda big guy named Timmy or something. That team has solid players, but them and grey are the only teams I think that can beat ockerman
Anyone know if spencer has stepped up scoring for conner?
I see Conner rebounding Nicely from a tough couple of weeks. Lost a key player, needs a player to step up and fill the void. I believe they are 9-3. The ockerman game was fun to watch. Will be an interesting second have, and tournament.
SummitView is 24-2 and are getting better each practice but Grey is best team in nky right now. Regional tourney should be interested.
Ockerman's 8th grade team is still unbeaten. However one of the best players in Shaun Mckneil is currently in a walking boot. Not sure if he is lost for the season or not. I think they are 15-0 and looked real good agaist Holmes the other night with out him. Grey and Summit View are both extreamly big and very athletic, they will both be hard to beat come tourny time.
Turkeyfoot improves to 11-5 beating Summit View 28-20 this evening...congrats to the Indians!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Maggie10 Wrote:Ockerman's 8th grade team is still unbeaten. However one of the best players in Shaun Mckneil is currently in a walking boot. Not sure if he is lost for the season or not. I think they are 15-0 and looked real good agaist Holmes the other night with out him. Grey and Summit View are both extreamly big and very athletic, they will both be hard to beat come tourny time.

Well for the third year in a row looks like Gray MS is without Angel. 9 technicals in MS career and countless others in AAU. Will he ever learn?
Maggie10 Wrote:Ockerman's 8th grade team is still unbeaten. However one of the best players in Shaun Mckneil is currently in a walking boot. Not sure if he is lost for the season or not. I think they are 15-0 and looked real good agaist Holmes the other night with out him. Grey and Summit View are both extreamly big and very athletic, they will both be hard to beat come tourny time.

Looks like for the third consecutive year Gray will be without their center. The kid has gotten dismissed from the team three years in a row for technical. Has 9 in his MS career and countless others in AAU???????
Ockerman's 7th grade looks like the team to beat. Beat Camp Ernst and Gray on back to back nights.
I watched 7th grade Woodland last week and was very impressed with their guards. No idea of their record but they looked damn good to me.
Gray 8th Grade Boys Beat St Agnes, Ockerman, and Connor all this Week. From what I have seen this year all 3 are in the top 5 or 6 Teams in NKY
SVMS Wrote:Grey lost to Tichnor last week by two.

Grant County beat tichnor under the solid play from Zach Tuggle!
Gray beat Grant Conunty by 34
Gray lost to Scott Co over the weekend. Looked like they were down a couple of players. Can anyone confirm?
sorry, Gray's loss to Scott Co. was with the 8th grade group.
Does anyone know how Beechwood's 6th grade (boys) team looks?
I think Beechwood sixth grade boys have the top seed in their district going into the tournament next week so they must be pretty good.
Turkeyfooth 8th improves to 16-5 with a second victory over Summit View with Cottrell back in the lineup for the Eagles.

This was senior night for Summit View. Both 1st and 2nd teams saw a lot of playing time and matched up very well. Lot of turnovers by both squads in a sloppy game. Game went to OT and was completed by second stringers and others. Hats off to both head coaches allowing additional time for all bench players.

This was a non-district game. Summit View should be the first seed when district tourney play begins and Turkeyfoot either a 2nd or 3rd....good luck to both squads. There's a good chance these two will face one another again for the district championship.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Sorry Jaguar fans..it the Summit View Jaguars, not Eagles!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Gray beat Turkeyfoot by 24 they finished the season 18-1
^Gray put on a clinic against Turkeyfoot ( shot atleast 70% from the floor )and Tfoots HC put on a clinic as to what not to do running predictable half court sets when their strength is scoring points in transition and off the press.

Congrats to Gray...the best team imho in NKY unless Ockerman is peaking. I'd venture to predict Gray is the odds on favorite to win the region championship unless they come out laying eggs against a solid opponent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
At the 8th grade level, anyone know which schools will be competing at the state tournament at KBA?
Gray will be
ky15 Wrote:Gray will be

None from Kenton County, they are not allowed.
From the text and emails I have received there was some great games last night in the 8th grade district tournaments. Grey loss on a last second shot to Ockerman, Conner loss to Tichenor on a last second shot as well. Summit View defeated Turkeyfoot by 15 plus and Campbell County beat Holmes. Sets up the following next week: Conner vs Ockerman, Grey vs Tichnor, winner play each other. SV play Holmes and TF play CC, winners play each other.
So once again they have the bracket wrong. District foes should.be on different sides not playing in the second round. So just like last year the top two teams have to play each other in round tw, while summit view will cruise into the finals.without a good game.
brackets still have to be modified it will be changed to teams in same district will not be able to play each other untill the regional championship.
should be changed. But to late for this year.
I stand corrected, its was not to late.
Gray beat Tichenor, avenging a mid season loss, and Turkeyfoot beat Campbell County to advance in the tourney. They'll play Thursday evening.

Any word on the other side of the bracket with Holmes vs. Summit View and Ockerman vs. Conner? Thanks in advance...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi