Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outraged
Granny Bear Wrote:I resent that statement. You've no idea what my "only response" is/was/could be.
That statement is ignorant and arrogant Wildcatk23.

Why is it you somehow attack me when I agree with you?

I was saying that's the response their
going to give you. Pull off the blind fold. Believe me. I agree 100% that woman are overlooked for equal jobs.
TheRealVille Wrote:My wife is a supervisor, with more time, and experience, and get's paid 4k less a year than a male with the same position with the state, in the same job and building. They claim it is because of the time that he hired in, which was after my wife. The state has standardized pay for the same positions, supposedly, btw.

Wildcatk23 Wrote:Why is it you somehow attack me when I agree with you?

I was saying that's the response their
going to give you. Pull off the blind fold. Believe me. I agree 100% that woman are overlooked for equal jobs.

And how do you define "equal jobs", Wildcatk23? The government term "equal" is the red herring.

On the other hand, the mayor of my city is a female. She has far more experience than does Obama and certainly does a better job. I would agree that she should make more than Obama. So, I guess that, in some cases, your argument has merit.
I posted (and erased) a couple paragraphs yesterday detailing a personal experience in which I trained a guy, and he ended up being on salary and earning much more than I did at the time. This was after 4 years of him being on the job. At the time, I had 10 years experience on him and far more educated. It occurred to me that anybody could post any story, and I didn't want to have to defend that issue as it's a little sensitive to me.

So, Harry Rex, it appears as if we will agree to disagree.

I will also offer Wildcat23k an apology. I apparently misinterpreted his post.
Thank you for the PM Wildcat!
Recent issue. A friend was in a car wreck and needed to have some x rays done. As the lady was taking x rays of his lower area she was frustratingly venting about how the girls have to do xrays on the male area but the men are exempt from doing any xrays in the same manner on female. Is this right?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Recent issue. A friend was in a car wreck and needed to have some x rays done. As the lady was taking x rays of his lower area she was frustratingly venting about how the girls have to do xrays on the male area but the men are exempt from doing any xrays in the same manner on female. Is this right?

What does she want to do, split the medical profession off into a female half and a male half?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:What does she want to do, split the medical profession off into a female half and a male half?

No. She made it clear that if she should have to do male privates. Then the males should have to do the female privates. Do u not agree with that?
I know they don't do that in the military. If a female nurse or doc has to have anything to do with our package, they always bring a male doctor or nurse in.

Don't have women do it if men can't. Problem solved.
What I agree with her on is that if a women has to do the males. Then the male should have to do the females. That's just one example.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:No. She made it clear that if she should have to do male privates. Then the males should have to do the female privates. Do u not agree with that?

Well, I'm just not seeing much likelihood that male medical personel have an issue with doing female privates. Matter of fact, I could see them running over each other to get the job done, LOL.

On a more serious note, I believe that general policy was put in place many years ago prior to the feminist movement. The idea was to protect or otherwise spare female patients the embarassment of revealing situations with men. For instance, even today many women prefer to see a female gynecologist. At any rate, sounds like an administration issue rather than an industry isssue. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This saves there ass more or less.
In a world where anybody will claim anything, you simply cannot have just any male checking out a females privates and vise versa. It completely knocks out any chance of a lawsuit because of it.
I know. Just giving u guys an example of where it still exist.