Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little League State Tournament updates
The bats will be ringing in the 11-12's tonight and IMO should be one of the best games for the tournament. Pitches whould be outstanding but the thunder of the bats could make for an interesting night. Good luck to both St Matthews Am. and Owensboro Southern.
Ridge Runner Wrote:6:00 PM on Both fields! OS and St. Matthews in 11/12s. Should be a Great Game!

That will be an awesome ballgame!! 2 very talented teams :devilflam
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:I was told these people were helping with the ring toss ect between the games...?? i dont know them but they were from Paintsville. Im glad they wern't associated with Little League tho
Nope, she was not involved with the ring toss, or anything at all. She doesn't even have a child in Paintsville Little League. Just another angry spectator. The situation was handled nicely though.
The championships were played this afternoon with the results as:

Owensboro Southern-6
St. Matthews-0

In the 9/10's:
St. Matthews-8
Warren Co. North-6

Congrats to all teams that advanced this far and to all teams that participated in the tournament. Thanks to all of the people that helped make this tournament possible. Best of luck to all teams in the future.
Pupaw Wrote:The championships were played this afternoon with the results as:

Owensboro Southern-6
St. Matthews-0

never a doubt in my mind....GO SOUTHERN :1:
Yeah
Congratualtions to Bob Lyons and everyone else who worked so very hard to make the State Touranment a success. It was very well-planned.

I hope that future State Tournaments are as good as this last one. :Clap:
Anyone know how Owensboro Southern has done in their recent tourney?
PHSCARD Wrote:Anyone know how Owensboro Southern has done in their recent tourney?

The Regionals don't start untill Aug. 4th in Indy. I wish them nothing but Luck though. Bring home another Regional Title boys!:Thumbs:
Ridge Runner Wrote:The Regionals don't start untill Aug. 4th in Indy. I wish them nothing but Luck though. Bring home another Regional Title boys!:Thumbs:

:1: Lets Go Southern
congrats to the kids
Owensboro Southern is 2-0 so far with wins over Ohio 4-2, and Illinois 2-0. They advanced to the final four round where they play Indiana on Wednesday. The championship game will be played on Sunday the 13th at 3:00 and will be televised on ESPN. Good luck!
Pupaw Wrote:Owensboro Southern is 2-0 so far with wins over Ohio 4-2, and Illinois 2-0. They advanced to the final four round where they play Indiana on Wednesday. The championship game will be played on Sunday the 13th at 3:00 and will be televised on ESPN. Good luck!

I read that and came here to post...you beat me to it! GO OS!!:flame:

but i thought i read that OS plays Wisconsin tomorrow and then Indiana on Wednesday. Have I missed something?
so its not over yet
Kentucky beat Illinois yesterday 12-1. Which makes them 3-0 thus far. They are the only undefeated team in the tournament right now. They play Indiana tomorrow. Here's a link to all the scores, box scores and tournament info.
http://www.littleleague.org/series/2006d...tlakes.htm
Any news today. Can't wait for the hype at Willamsport to begin. ESPN, ESPN2 and ABC will be covering 1 additional game this year and all teams will be covered at least once.
Indiana defeated Kentucky 9 to 8. Indiana will now be the 1st place team in one semi-final and Kentucky will be the 2nd place team in the other. The semi-final games take place Friday night with the winners moving on to face each other for a trip to Williamsport.
Owensboro Southern's run was ended today when they lost to Ill. by a score of 8-1! Hate to hear it. But, they had a VERY GOOD team and had a very successful post season. Awsome bunch of kids and great coaches. Congrats on your run boys and you represented KY well!:Thumbs: