Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 15th Region Predictions
Bob Seger Wrote:Just kills you that I was right doesn't it?....Looks like you'll do and say anything to twist it around, and try to save face.:Clap:...I also know who was at the games, who was interested, and all that stuff probably waaaay waaaay more than what you do.Confusedhh:

There is no comparison in the caliber of anyone else in this region and the PBurg short stop as far as a position player. It's not even close or debatable!!!....You probably cant comprehend that he is working just as hard as anybody in the off season as well.....And I can tell you for sure there are kids at JC that are too...You seem to have a mind block that just because someone at Lawrence does that they are the only ones that do...

So Cantrell is going to be the everyday behind the plate and pitch in the #1 slot...Confusednicker: You're a real treasure alum....lol

good insults. here i thought you were a 50 something dad, but i must have been wrong.

cantrell could be the #1, yes. he WILL be the starting catcher which will be 90% of the time or more. if he isn't the #1, then he will catch 99% of the time. is that hard for you to wrap your little brain around?

bailey could be the #1. wallen could be the #1. salyers could be the #1. wow. that's a lot of #1's. so why does it matter? Confusednicker:

the anderson kid is really good. where did i say he wasn't? all i'm saying is that you have ZERO respect for lawrence county and their players. all you have respect for is your team and anyone other than lawrence. it must burn you alive that since lawrence came to the region johnson central has only been to the state tournament once. yeah, i guess i can see why you are so gung-ho on wanting lawrence back in the 16th. which i might add IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Confusednicker: trust me.
lchsalumnus Wrote:good insults. here i thought you were a 50 something dad, but i must have been wrong.

cantrell could be the #1, yes. he WILL be the starting catcher which will be 90% of the time or more. if he isn't the #1, then he will catch 99% of the time. is that hard for you to wrap your little brain around?

bailey could be the #1. wallen could be the #1. salyers could be the #1. wow. that's a lot of #1's. so why does it matter? Confusednicker:

the anderson kid is really good. where did i say he wasn't? all i'm saying is that you have ZERO respect for lawrence county and their players. all you have respect for is your team and anyone other than lawrence. it must burn you alive that since lawrence came to the region johnson central has only been to the state tournament once. yeah, i guess i can see why you are so gung-ho on wanting lawrence back in the 16th. which i might add IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Confusednicker: trust me.

Ah , there aint no insults of any sort...Just playin around.... You young'uns need to learn to discriminate the difference, and know when you are getting your chains yanked..:biggrin:

And actually, I'm a guy, that a lot of guys in a lot of places call to ask questions and opinions on a lot of things. Probably breaks you're little heart to hear that.Confusedhh:

And for what it's worth full time catching and full time pitching usually doesn't work out real well for a kids arm...go figure on that one......Confusednicker:

Listen junior, I have known the Lawrence staff since before you were probably ever even brought into this world, both past and present..We are all very good friends....Some may even be kinfolk.....lol....if you only knew sonny....lol

Have all the respect on the world for the Lawrence program and staff, just like to have fun with a bunch of you that drink the radio active water over there...You're such easy targets...

Me wanting LC to be in the 16th?...Naw, where'd you come up with that? Not a chance on that sonny....whose cages would we have to rattle if you all left????? Most of the other fan bases in this region have sense enough to get in out of the rain...It sure would be boring if that's all we had left!!!:Clap:
Would have to agree lc looks to have the best short stop 2nd base combo in the region. Last year as a freshman the ss made some plays and throws that no one else in the region can make. He also made made some silly errors on routine plays but was really solid from the magoffin game on. They hit him in the lead off spot this summer and he was really crushing the ball. He has got bigger stronger and faster over the summer if he stays healthy thur football and does not get injured he should be something special the next 3 years.
lchsalumnus Wrote:good insults. here i thought you were a 50 something dad, but i must have been wrong.

Darn right he is!!
dawg fan Wrote:Would have to agree lc looks to have the best short stop 2nd base combo in the region. Last year as a freshman the ss made some plays and throws that no one else in the region can make. He also made made some silly errors on routine plays but was really solid from the magoffin game on. They hit him in the lead off spot this summer and he was really crushing the ball. He has got bigger stronger and faster over the summer if he stays healthy thur football and does not get injured he should be something special the next 3 years.

Then how come the dismal showing in the summer tournament against 7th and 8th graders?:popcorn:
I know many of those 7th and 8th graders are older than some sophomores. I don't think that comparison works...
Bob Seger Wrote:Then how come the dismal showing in the summer tournament against 7th and 8th graders?:popcorn:

it happens. i'd rather lose in the summer than in the district tournament to a team with only a handful of wins while your pitchers walk 12 or 13 batters in May....:lmao:

you can say you are friends with the coaching staff. that's easy. i'm friends with Prince Harry. see. easy to do. i'm sure if they knew how you blast lawrence on here they wouldn't want to speak with you.

people ask my opinion as well. you aren't the only guru in the 15th region buddy. that must hurt your feelings, too. Confusednicker:
lchsalumnus Wrote:it happens. i'd rather lose in the summer than in the district tournament to a team with only a handful of wins while your pitchers walk 12 or 13 batters in May....:lmao:

you can say you are friends with the coaching staff. that's easy. i'm friends with Prince Harry. see. easy to do. i'm sure if they knew how you blast lawrence on here they wouldn't want to speak with you.

people ask my opinion as well. you aren't the only guru in the 15th region buddy. that must hurt your feelings, too. Confusednicker:

See, it works every time, even when I reveal the intentions. You just cant resist and control yourselves....It absolutely never fails to get a rise out of every single one of you guys, every single time.....:lmao:

Oh and BTW, and FWIW, your staff just shakes their heads and laughs when the subject of their nutty fan base comes up. It's come up several times over the years in general conversation, and always gets a good laugh from all...........just thought you might be interested in that....:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:See, it works every time, even when I reveal the intentions. You just cant resist and control yourselves....It absolutely never fails to get a rise out of every single one of you guys, every single time.....:lmao:

Oh and BTW, and FWIW, your staff just shakes their heads and laughs when the subject of their nutty fan base comes up. It's come up several times over the years in general conversation, and always gets a good laugh from all...........just thought you might be interested in that....:biggrin:

again, lies. lies. lies. i know the coaching staff better than you. you like to stir things up. they love their fans. they hate message board people like you, and probably me. that's a fact. now i have to go talk to my good buddy urban meyer, then having lunch with michael jordan. pretty busy schedule. let me know how your meetings go with the lc coaching staff. Confusednicker: since you are so close "buds".
And yet here he comes back for even more.......:Clap:

Hey junior, it's like I said .. If you only knew!!!...But It'll get another laugh at the next family reunion. So thanks, and keep em comin.....:biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:And yet here he comes back for even more.......:Clap:

Hey junior, it's like I said .. If you only knew!!!...But It'll get another laugh at the next family reunion. So thanks, and keep em comin.....:biggrin:

haha. i bet you couldn't name more than 1 coach other than coach feltner that's on the staff this year.
I happened to be around that direction at a summer tournament at Boyd County and was not impressed by anyone from Lawrence County. That was the most average looking bunch of players in the whole tournament. Lawrence should be tickled to death they're not in the 16th region anymore because they would be middle of the pack at best.
WideRight05 Wrote:I happened to be around that direction at a summer tournament at Boyd County and was not impressed by anyone from Lawrence County. That was the most average looking bunch of players in the whole tournament. Lawrence should be tickled to death they're not in the 16th region anymore because they would be middle of the pack at best.

you mean the tournament just after the dead period where players didn't play or practice for 2 weeks? yeah, they sure should have looked great after a two-week vacation period. they still beat boyd county the first game, didn't they? Confusednicker:
lchsalumnus Wrote:you mean the tournament just after the dead period where players didn't play or practice for 2 weeks? yeah, they sure should have looked great after a two-week vacation period. they still beat boyd county the first game, didn't they? Confusednicker:

Lawrence was the only school on dead period? That's the same baseball tournament where every other team came off the dead period as well. I don't read this forum hardly, but I notice that is typical of you and your Lawrence County group, excuse making when you get whipped around by a bunch of middle school boys.

I'm not from Boyd, but since you wanted to bring it up, Greenup County laid the wood to your hind end too didn't they? I don't know why you all at Lawrence County feel so high and mighty, because from a glance of your records in previous years, you certainly couldn't compete in the 16th region back in the day. Boyd and Ashland consistently wore you out.
WideRight05 Wrote:Lawrence was the only school on dead period? That's the same baseball tournament where every other team came off the dead period as well. I don't read this forum hardly, but I notice that is typical of you and your Lawrence County group, excuse making when you get whipped around by a bunch of middle school boys.

I'm not from Boyd, but since you wanted to bring it up, Greenup County laid the wood to your hind end too didn't they? I don't know why you all at Lawrence County feel so high and mighty, because from a glance of your records in previous years, you certainly couldn't compete in the 16th region back in the day. Boyd and Ashland consistently wore you out.

in the summer tourney greenup beat lawrence by 1 run. lawrence had tying run on in last inning. lawrence also beat them last year in the regular season. did lose to boyd and ashland though, but if their lefty stud was in the zone and it was a 2-0 game. not like they waxed lawrence.

it is nice of you to bring up the past. a lot of traditional "powers" in the 15th loved it when lawrence was in the 16th because they continued to dominate. since joining, not quite been that way has it. i'm not saying lawrence has always won it, but looking at the scoreboard here is what i found out:

2006: sheldon clark
2007: jc (beat lawrence in finals)
2008: lawrence
2009: lawrence
2010: pikeville (beat lawrence in semi-finals)
2011: lawrence
2012: pikeville
2013: prestonsburg (beat lawrence in semi-finals)

let's see that is 8 years. lawrence has won it 3 times. pikeville twice. the rest only once. other than 2006, lawrence 1st year, each winner beat lawrence either in semis or finals. but go ahead and keep the focus on summer ball losses and the 16th region. haha.
lchsalumnus Wrote:in the summer tourney greenup beat lawrence by 1 run. lawrence had tying run on in last inning. lawrence also beat them last year in the regular season. did lose to boyd and ashland though, but if their lefty stud was in the zone and it was a 2-0 game. not like they waxed lawrence.

it is nice of you to bring up the past. a lot of traditional "powers" in the 15th loved it when lawrence was in the 16th because they continued to dominate. since joining, not quite been that way has it. i'm not saying lawrence has always won it, but looking at the scoreboard here is what i found out:

2006: sheldon clark
2007: jc (beat lawrence in finals)
2008: lawrence
2009: lawrence
2010: pikeville (beat lawrence in semi-finals)
2011: lawrence
2012: pikeville
2013: prestonsburg (beat lawrence in semi-finals)

let's see that is 8 years. lawrence has won it 3 times. pikeville twice. the rest only once. other than 2006, lawrence 1st year, each winner beat lawrence either in semis or finals. but go ahead and keep the focus on summer ball losses and the 16th region. haha.

:hilarious: First off, why are you bringing up all this 15th region crap? Who cares what you did down there? That's a pansy region to begin with. We are talking about how you could never compete in the 16th region, and you're bragging about how good you are in the 15th?

Let's back some of that big talk up with how you've never really been worth a crap without Chandler Shepherd to begin with. Slightly below average at best, even by the dinky 15th region standards. You're running that big mouth about regional titles, and according to the facts, you could never win them in the 16th. I noticed that one year Shepherd was hurt, you never went anywhere that year either.

So now that we have settled the fact that you can't compete in the 16th region, let's get back to this summer thing. First off who cares if Greenup beat you by one run or by 50, what's the difference, they still beat you. I notice that when you fail to bring up Ashland beating you 2-0 in the regular, you fail to mention that their pitcher threw a no-hitter against you. How come you didn't tell that part?

Face it dude, Lawrence County can't hit a beach ball off a tee, and here you are shooting your mouth off about how good you are. It's still hilarious that Johnson Central was able to beat your mighty studs with a bunch of kids that looked like they just got done playing little league all stars. You guys are just living in your own little world down there, and it's no wonder that Lawrence County fans are considered the laughing stock of BGR.
WideRight05 Wrote::hilarious: First off, why are you bringing up all this 15th region crap? Who cares what you did down there? That's a pansy region to begin with. We are talking about how you could never compete in the 16th region, and you're bragging about how good you are in the 15th?

Let's back some of that big talk up with how you've never really been worth a crap without Chandler Shepherd to begin with. Slightly below average at best, even by the dinky 15th region standards. You're running that big mouth about regional titles, and according to the facts, you could never win them in the 16th. I noticed that one year Shepherd was hurt, you never went anywhere that year either.

So now that we have settled the fact that you can't compete in the 16th region, let's get back to this summer thing. First off who cares if Greenup beat you by one run or by 50, what's the difference, they still beat you. I notice that when you fail to bring up Ashland beating you 2-0 in the regular, you fail to mention that their pitcher threw a no-hitter against you. How come you didn't tell that part?

Face it dude, Lawrence County can't hit a beach ball off a tee, and here you are shooting your mouth off about how good you are. It's still hilarious that Johnson Central was able to beat your mighty studs with a bunch of kids that looked like they just got done playing little league all stars. You guys are just living in your own little world down there, and it's no wonder that Lawrence County fans are considered the laughing stock of BGR.

lawrence has won the 16th region before. i don't have time to do the research, but pretty sure they won it in 2004, and who knows before that. I don't have the time, but I'm sure it won't matter because you will only talk about how "we couldn't compete".

Ashland did no-hit/perfect game lawrence. the left (think his name is salow) was dominate that day. but ashland only had a few hits and 2 runs, but yeah we didn't compete. :eyeroll:

i also forgot that the rules on here were "if you are from lawrence don't brag about your team or try to pump them up in any way". i see other team's fans do it all the time, but i guess we aren't allowed to be a little arrogant/cocky/confident.

you bring up that lawrence couldn't win anything without chandler shepherd. well, couldn't you make the argument about Boyd county in the 16th? how long has it been since they had a true "stud"? and how long has it been since they have won the 16th? central beat us in the tournament, but we ALSO BEAT THEM this summer. i guess people don't want to say anything about that. oh, but it was against "7th and 8th graders"....so if we win, it doesn't count....if we lose, we are an embarrassment....:insane:

lawrence cannot control what region they are in. dog the 15th all you want. fact is that lawrence players and coaches work very hard no matter if it would be in the 15th or 16th regions. the constant bashing of lawrence is getting old and you all can blame it on me, other lawrence fans, whatever. facts are that when we attempt to brag on our team or make our predictions, you all come back with personal attacks. that's the FACT. now, please move on and don't concern yourself with lawrence county athletics.
dawg fan Wrote:Would have to agree lc looks to have the best short stop 2nd base combo in the region. Last year as a freshman the ss made some plays and throws that no one else in the region can make. He also made made some silly errors on routine plays but was really solid from the magoffin game on. They hit him in the lead off spot this summer and he was really crushing the ball. He has got bigger stronger and faster over the summer if he stays healthy thur football and does not get injured he should be something special the next 3 years.

They will not be the best in the district let alone the Region.
Nice to see the 57th fans show up and start the nerd fight! Where are the Pikeville fans? Hope we can keep the thread going. Already looking forward to catching some games around the mountains next year.
Looks like my thread has died again! Anyone have any updates on their teams? Now that football is over for most do preseason workouts begin in earnest? Any injuries? Any transfers? Anymore thoughts on the season! Are schedules completed? ETC
The 57th will be filled with competition again
Preseason top 5 is:
JC
LC
Paintsville
Prestonsburg
Allen Central/Pikeville
also can't sleep on Sheldon Clark
Skimps Wrote:The 57th will be filled with competition again
Preseason top 5 is:
JC
LC
Paintsville
Prestonsburg
Allen Central/Pikeville
also can't sleep on Sheldon Clark

I think Belfry will be solid this year. IMO they have to be a top 3 or 4 team coming into the season. I don't think they lost much at all from a really good team last year. Maybe someone closer to the Belfry program can give some insight! As always just the opinion of an outsider looking in.
Joneslab Wrote:I think Belfry will be solid this year. IMO they have to be a top 3 or 4 team coming into the season. I don't think they lost much at all from a really good team last year. Maybe someone closer to the Belfry program can give some insight! As always just the opinion of an outsider looking in.

Only got to see Belfry once last year at region. I didn't really know what they lost or had returning. They are usually solid thought
Joneslab Wrote:Looks like my thread has died again! Anyone have any updates on their teams? Now that football is over for most do preseason workouts begin in earnest? Any injuries? Any transfers? Anymore thoughts on the season! Are schedules completed? ETC

lawrence now has all varsity players in workouts now that football is over. they appear to be impressive. if they have any offense at all, they'll be very good. they will have solid pitching and defense. hopefully the bats wake up. some solid pitchers in the 15th if i recall from last year.
I see these types of posts/questions on a regular basis in the HS basketball forum so I thought I would see if anybody would take a stab at naming a preseason player top 10 for the 15th region. Maybe people close to each district could name their district top 5 if nothing else! Thought this might be worth a try and fun!
Joneslab Wrote:I see these types of posts/questions on a regular basis in the HS basketball forum so I thought I would see if anybody would take a stab at naming a preseason player top 10 for the 15th region. Maybe people close to each district could name their district top 5 if nothing else! Thought this might be worth a try and fun!

Top 10 Players:
1) Grant Anderson-Pburg
2) Jake Hamilton-Pikeville
3) Juwan Mayes-JC
4) Matt Miller- Paintsville
5) Joe Wallen- LC
6) Noah Lambert- LC
7) Lane Daniels- Paintsville
8) Kash Daniel- Paintsville
9) Jaren Lovely- Magoffin
10a) Jarin Hall- Pburg
10b) Ethan Osborne- SC
10c) Mac Justice- Pike Central

Not really familiar with the Pike county teams
WideRight05 Wrote::hilarious: First off, why are you bringing up all this 15th region crap? Who cares what you did down there? That's a pansy region to begin with. We are talking about how you could never compete in the 16th region, and you're bragging about how good you are in the 15th?

Are you seriously kidding, what has the mighty 16th done in the state tournament since Jody Hamilton left? The 15th has a final four appearance(by Pikeville) and a state runner up(Lawrence County). BTW Pikeville eighth grader Jake Hamilton( who by the way is the best player in the 15th) shutout mighty 16th power Greenup 10-0 in 2010 at the State Tournament.

You drink as much of the water as the Lawrence County fans on this site. Guys never doubt Seger.
Skimps Wrote:Top 10 Players:
1) Grant Anderson-Pburg
3) Juwan Mayes-JC
5) Joe Wallen- LC
6) Noah Lambert- LC
10a) Jarin Hall- Pburg
10b) Ethan Osborne- SC

the two LC players you put are good, but i don't believe they are the best ones on the team. i think some people will see that Cavins, Cantrell, and Turner will be among the best in the region. along with the two you mentioned and the Bailey kid on the mound was awesome as a freshman last year (came in to slam the door against P-burg twice last year).
lchsalumnus Wrote:the two LC players you put are good, but i don't believe they are the best ones on the team. i think some people will see that Cavins, Cantrell, and Turner will be among the best in the region. along with the two you mentioned and the Bailey kid on the mound was awesome as a freshman last year (came in to slam the door against P-burg twice last year).

Honestly thought Cavins had graduated. Wasn't really around to be able to watch much of the region last year. Turner is also a very good player. It was honestly hard to make a top 10, lots of talent
Skimps Wrote:Top 10 Players:
1) Grant Anderson-Pburg
3) Juwan Mayes-JC
5) Joe Wallen- LC
6) Noah Lambert- LC
10a) Jarin Hall- Pburg
10b) Ethan Osborne- SC

You can mark Miller from Paintsville off the list for this season. Torn ACL during football. Also Kash Daniel broke his leg in football this season. Not quite 100%.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis