Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 15th Region Predictions
OffTheHook Wrote:You can mark Miller from Paintsville off the list for this season. Torn ACL during football. Also Kash Daniel broke his leg in football this season. Not quite 100%.

That's a tough loss for Paintsville! That makes the 15th region even more unpredictable. Is Daniel expected to be able to play this season? I wish both a speedy and full recovery.
^He says he should be back. That is as long as things continue to go as they are. Thing is we also return Rice and Phelps, who were out for the season last year. Lane Daniels should be 100% this season also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:You can mark Miller from Paintsville off the list for this season. Torn ACL during football. Also Kash Daniel broke his leg in football this season. Not quite 100%.

This really hurts. I would like to see this Paintsville team actually get to play with a full healthy roster. Seem to get hit with the injuries hard the last couple years
Phelps could make some noise in the region this year. They have an amazing lineup with great, young talent.
LC has several baseball players that could play for any team in the 15/16 regions that do not play because they are not perceived to be good enough to play for Lawrence. AJ Cyrus is an example. Very solid player and very fast but not good enough. Plus it is extremely expensive to play at LC, a little over a thousand dollars a year parents have to put up. This eliminates most of LC students. Football is free.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:LC has several baseball players that could play for any team in the 15/16 regions that do not play because they are not perceived to be good enough to play for Lawrence. AJ Cyrus is an example. Very solid player and very fast but not good enough. Plus it is extremely expensive to play at LC, a little over a thousand dollars a year parents have to put up. This eliminates most of LC students. Football is free.

$1000? Do they do any fundraising? My parents never paid a dime in the early 90s when I played high school baseball! We had everything we needed and then some. We raised money. Is this common place at most 15th region schools? Looking forward to some feedback on this!
dawgbyte02 Wrote:LC has several baseball players that could play for any team in the 15/16 regions that do not play because they are not perceived to be good enough to play for Lawrence. AJ Cyrus is an example. Very solid player and very fast but not good enough. Plus it is extremely expensive to play at LC, a little over a thousand dollars a year parents have to put up. This eliminates most of LC students. Football is free.

lies. lies. and more lies. being that i've went through this program recently, it didn't cost me much. unless you are counting cleats and a glove. football is free because they provide you with most of everything you need because they rake in the money and deserve to spend it on their own self. however baseball does not rake it in anywhere. the LC program does raise money through t-shirt sales among other things. if they didn't then the spring break trip would cost the $1000 that you claim. instead it only costs the players around $300.

it is obvious who you are. and you need to get over it. you know what i'm talking about. you constantly bash this program because you voluntarily left it. nobody is/was to blame. just let it go and move on. nobody is denied the right to play. if he wanted to play this year, he would be allowed. it is open. the only requirement is to work as hard as you can and sacrifice selfishness for the team. if you can do that, and are good enough, you'll play. that's the way it's been here for a long time.

plus you are leaving out a widely known fact. not many of the LC players came from families who had a lot of money. easier way of putting it. many of the player come from low to almost no income levels. so, if it truly costed your $1000, how do you explain that? again, i was there. i seen it myself. i know what goes on. you are going off of your own negative emotions about your situation. let it go.
The kids buy their own cleats, the trip this year to south Carolina cost $400.00 last year was $300.00 I think summer ball was $75.00 so you are looking at $500 to $700 a year not bad for 30 some games. Now football they did not have to pay for anything that I know of.
dawg fan Wrote:The kids buy their own cleats, the trip this year to south Carolina cost $400.00 last year was $300.00 I think summer ball was $75.00 so you are looking at $500 to $700 a year not bad for 30 some games. Now football they did not have to pay for anything that I know of.

not just 30 games. they play 36 regular season games, with some rainouts but post season could be 1-8 games. then the summer they play another 30 games. baseball is not a revenue sport. football is. that is why they can afford to pay for everything.

people around here would just love to see the baseball team stay here for the spring break instead of going south. they would love to see the baseball team only play 30 games in the spring and none in the summers or falls. that's just not how big time programs do it. i'm not saying lawrence is a big time program. but they wouldn't be where they are the past 10 years if they had not done the things they are doing. i always thought successful programs would be accepted in lawrence county. i guess that is only if it is football or basketball.
You got it wrong I said that's not bad for 30 some games and they don't play no where near 30 games in summerball and we love the spring trip most of the parents schedule their vacations around the trip. I was just letting you how much it cost. And as far as I know no kid has been told they could not make the spring trip because they didn't have the money.
dawg fan Wrote:You got it wrong I said that's not bad for 30 some games and they don't play no where near 30 games in summerball and we love the spring trip most of the parents schedule their vacations around the trip. I was just letting you how much it cost. And as far as I know no kid has been told they could not make the spring trip because they didn't have the money.

i know for a fact they play DH's every summer date, and they play between 12-15 different dates plus any tournament they get in. so they do play more than 30 games in the summer too. i also know some kids couldn't afford the trip and the coaches, parents, boosters helped them out with the trip.
I don't have Dog in this fight. LC is doing nothing different than any other program does that expects to compete for a regional title. They are successful because of this. The LC program actually wins because of all the negatives some say about it. I am more familiar with the 16th and 11th region. Boyd County and Greenup County do the exact same things Lawrence County does and you see the results. When they have down years it is not as down as the other programs in the school on down years.When have you seen a LC baseball team win zero games? The 11th region is a little different from the Mountain regions because it has better coaching in the lower levels and more opportunities for kids to get coached up at a younger age. The mountain areas just don't have great lower level opportunities for kids. I know some exceptions occur but that is a fact. If you are a high school coach in the 13th,14th,15th or 16th you better offer opportunities for kids to play year round if you want to compete. Unfortunately the cost does fall on the family. Boyd County,Greenup County, East Carter has poor kids as well. They all play the same amount as Lawrence County. I have never heard of a kid not playing because they were turned away due to money. We have great people in the mountain regions who always make sure kids get an opportunity regardless of financial ability.
I will get my copy of the summerball schedule from last summer I beleave they played 17 games but I will check for sure they play most dates as dh but not all. and they play a jv 5 innings and varsity game. Not everybody that corrects you facts is bashing lc. My son plays for lc so I know how much I spend for baseball and how much I spend on football. And I am not complaining about it I would pay twice as much just to keep him occupied I feel the more sports he does the less time he has to get into trouble.
1. Lawrence - They have the deepest staff which will keep them in more games and they will find a way to win on offense.
2. Johnson Central - Offense should be ok and pitching will be good but not great.
3. Paintsville - Miiler may be out but with return of Phelps and Rice very solid young group with good baseball IQ.
4. Belfry - I have not seen this team but have heard good things.
5. Pikeville - Best Pitcher in region but the rest of the team is young and unproven at High School level.
6. Prestonsburg - Lost a lot last year but Anderson and Hall will keep them competitive and has best coach in region.
7. Allen Central
8. Pike Central
9. Sheldon Clark
10. Magoffin County
11. East Ridge
12. Betsy Layne
13. Phelps
14. South Floyd

Yes, unfortunately Matt is a scratch for this year, and furthermore I personally have not seen 10 better players than GBurchell in the 15th. I loathe and detest these lists, but...just sayin' ya' know.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Yes, unfortunately Matt is a scratch for this year, and furthermore I personally have not seen 10 better players than GBurchell in the 15th. I loathe and detest these lists, but...just sayin' ya' know.

miller is perhaps the best player in the 15th region. i know hamilton from pikeville gets a lot of talk, but miller is definitely the best hitter. i got a chance to see the lefty from pike central pitch against lawrence last year in the 1st round of the region and thought he was as good as hamilton.

the 15th has some really good talent. the SS from P-burg is really good. also their CF is good. of course you have hamilton from pikeville and the lefty from pike central. jc has the blanton kid who is a good pitcher and a few other players (can't remember their names....2B and 3B). lawrence has a few that will surprise i believe. look for big years out of cavins and turner. and don't sleep on cantrell either. a few other names will pop out this year that people have never heard.
Belfry should be good
We just need this horribe weather to go.Its time to get back on the diamond and play.Nothing like being on the ballfields.
57th District reigns supreme. The winner will more than likely come from there. Can't wait to watch some of those games!
I would put Paintsville in the 3 Spot.....to move up as the Season Progresses.....and put the Blackcats in 4th. Don't think Allen Central will be in the top 5
Yes, the Blackcats lost a lot of their top players......but!!!!! They always come back strong!
Wouldn't sleep on Pikeville they will be in the running
Gator95 Wrote:Wouldn't sleep on Pikeville they will be in the running

By Pikeville standards, their season last year was subpar. I know that Hamilton, the UK signee, will be a senior but am unsure of what else they have in the tank. I saw a few Pikeville games and he was hit around pretty good. I was more impressed with him as a sophomore than his junior season. Either way, I look for him to have a great year. A tremendous talent and great kid.

As for who I think will win the region, I believe that this may be the year for Johnson Central. However, can they get over the hump? I believe they have had the best team in the region, as a whole, for the past two seasons. Just can't put one together when it counts. Also, Lawrence may be youthful, the Dawgs could win it. I don't know how the injured Tigers will be this coming season, but if they get healthy, I could see them win it.
Elliot Stabler Wrote:By Pikeville standards, their season last year was subpar. I know that Hamilton, the UK signee, will be a senior but am unsure of what else they have in the tank. I saw a few Pikeville games and he was hit around pretty good. I was more impressed with him as a sophomore than his junior season. Either way, I look for him to have a great year. A tremendous talent and great kid.

As for who I think will win the region, I believe that this may be the year for Johnson Central. However, can they get over the hump? I believe they have had the best team in the region, as a whole, for the past two seasons. Just can't put one together when it counts. Also, Lawrence may be youthful, the Dawgs could win it. I don't know how the injured Tigers will be this coming season, but if they get healthy, I could see them win it.

Johnson Central would be the favorite in my opinion also, I was just saying that Pikeville is always pretty good. But im not so sure if they'll even with their district this year with Shelby Valley looking like they are. That team is loaded up with young talent. They don't have a senior on their roster this year and only 2 juniors that really help. They almost beat Pikeville last year in district play in extras but ended up losing 8-7. Shelby Valley is good and will surprise a lot of people this year and probably win their district next year and be top 3 in the region. Lawrence is also good, Prestonsburg is another team that's always good. Could be a toss up this year.
Johnson Central is loaded with upper classmen this season. These boys have been working extremely hard in the offseason as well. Only lost 2 seniors from last years team. They were on a great run at the end of the season last year before a slip up. Definitely my favorite for the 15th.
Johnson cent. Paintsville Lawrence have best lineups top to bottom. I have not seen belfry or s. Valley. However, they alll could easily loose depending on pitching. Pikeville, Pike Central, Sheldon Clark all have pitching that could win any given game. Should be fun year. Can't wait to watch young kids to develop a lot of young talent in 15.
1) Johnson Central
2) Belfry
3)Lawrene Co
Bob Seger Wrote:Just kills you that I was right doesn't it?....Looks like you'll do and say anything to twist it around, and try to save face.:Clap:...I know who was at the games, who was interested, and all that stuff probably waaaay waaaay more than what you do.Confusedhh:

There is no comparison in the caliber of anyone else in this region and the PBurg short stop as far as a position player. It's not even close or debatable!!!....You probably cant comprehend that he is working just as hard as anybody in the off season as well.....And I can tell you for sure there are kids at JC that are too...You seem to have a mind block that just because someone at Lawrence does it that they are the only ones that do........Got news for you, there is a great big world out there besides what exists and goes on in that water contaminated water shed of where the Tug meets the Levisa.Confusednicker:

So Cantrell is going to be the everyday behind the plate and pitch in the #1 slot?...Confusednicker: You're a real treasure alum....lol

What a Idiot Smh!!!!!
1)P-Burg
2)JC
3)LC
4)Paintsville
5)SC
6)Allen Central
7)Pikeville
8)Magoffin
9)Pike Central
10)East Ridge
I give the number one spot to p burg not because i think theyre the best team but theyre reining champs and deserve the 1 spot until knocked off. JC will have the most depth in the region with LC right behind them the 57th looks to be a meat grinder again and seeding for the district tourny will be very important since the five team district no team has come out of the 4-5 game to win the district in any sport. Pikeville will have the best pitcher in the 15th in Hamiltion followed by freshman Ethan Osborne from SC and Jaron Lovely from MC both freshman these guys can beat about anyone in the state also Allen Centrals Hanshoe is another strong pitcher as well as having one of the top young catchers in the region in Wyatt Crisp i believe is his name look for them to be a tough out this year. I think at this point JC/LC are odds on favorites but anyone in the top 5-7 has a legitimate chance to win this region.