Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military ousts Morsy in Egypt coup
TheRealVille Wrote:.

LOL, did you get that one Skinny? Cause it got past me. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, did you get that one Skinny? Cause it got past me. :biggrin:
This was your answer when vector said "we need to stay the hell out of there." Which warranted my response about "live babies growing up to be dead soldiers".

TheRealThing Wrote:It's possible that you could be wrong about that. Has it ever occurred to you that the US was on top of the wave crest until she started shrinking back from her responsibilities? That coupled with all the empty rhetoric from the leader of the free world has truly reduced our national image among the nations from the world's premier super power to the world's premier super crybaby.

So, what would you say to construction of the Keystone Pipeline if using the Suez is no longer an option for the importation of all the foreign oil we buy?
TheRealVille Wrote:This was your answer when vector said "we need to stay the hell out of there." Which warranted my response about "live babies growing up to be dead soldiers".

No kidding? I must admit I never expect your answers to rise much past the level of Pee Wee Herman's "I know you are but what am I" school of advanced debate technique for liberals. But, every once in while you manage to underwhelm me anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, did you get that one Skinny? Cause it got past me. :biggrin:

Yes I got it immediately. I just let out a little "hmmm" and moved on. Confusednicker:
Cairo (CNN) -- Fighting erupted Friday across Egypt between hundreds of supporters of Mohamed Morsy and their opponents, leaving nearly two dozen people dead and hundreds more injured while raising fears of widening violence after the military ousted the country's first democratically elected president.
The violence came as Morsy's supporters held massive protests across the country, calling for his reinstatement, a counter to huge demonstrations among those celebrating his ouster.
At least 22 people were killed Friday and more than 500 were injured in clashes across the country that at times pitted Morsy supporters against his opponents and the military, state-run Egyptian television reported, citing the Ministry of Health.
At least President Obama was meeting with his advisors and didn't go to bed on this one
[Image: http://images.politico.com/global/2013/0...er_328.jpg]
looks like the Secretary of State was busy
State Department admits Kerry was on yacht day of Egypt coup

Posted by
CNN Chief Washington Correspondent Jake Tapper
(CNN) - After the emergence of photographs showing Secretary of State John Kerry on his 76-foot yacht “Isabel” on Nantucket Sound on Thursday, the State Department issued an embarrassing correction Friday morning, back-tracking and acknowledging that the Secretary was in fact on the yacht on Wednesday, the day the Egyptian military staged a coup against democratically-elected Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy.
Originally, State Department officials were quick to deny a Wednesday tweet from CBS News’ Mosheh Oinounou that: “A @CBSThisMorning producer just spotted Secretary of State Kerry on yacht in the Nantucket Boat Basin. No response when she shouted ‘Morsi.’”
nky Wrote:looks like the Secretary of State was busy
State Department admits Kerry was on yacht day of Egypt coup

Posted by
CNN Chief Washington Correspondent Jake Tapper
(CNN) - After the emergence of photographs showing Secretary of State John Kerry on his 76-foot yacht “Isabel” on Nantucket Sound on Thursday, the State Department issued an embarrassing correction Friday morning, back-tracking and acknowledging that the Secretary was in fact on the yacht on Wednesday, the day the Egyptian military staged a coup against democratically-elected Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy.
Originally, State Department officials were quick to deny a Wednesday tweet from CBS News’ Mosheh Oinounou that: “A @CBSThisMorning producer just spotted Secretary of State Kerry on yacht in the Nantucket Boat Basin. No response when she shouted ‘Morsi.’”
Did the Egyptian military call him in Nantucket and tell him what day he should leave his yacht so they could remove the leader of Egypt?
The events in Egypt had been brewing for days. It wasn't a spur of the moment "video inducing" movement
The Egyptian Military gave Morsy's a 48 hour time line to do something. They even gave him an extra 12 hours. So Sec. Kerry could have made it to Washington- even by boat
nky Wrote:The Egyptian Military gave Morsy's a 48 hour time line to do something. They even gave him an extra 12 hours. So Sec. Kerry could have made it to Washington- even by boat
Why should he be in Washington over an Egyptian overthrow? Is Egypt our ally?
yes we've given them over $800 million this year plus tanks and planes
TheRealVille Wrote:Why should he be in Washington over an Egyptian overthrow? Is Egypt our ally?
Good point, RV. I think that our foreign policy would improve if Kerry simply stayed on his yacht. The man is an imbecile.
nky Wrote:yes we've given them over $800 million this year plus tanks and planes
They are not our ally.
^ they are a friend in the region
TheRealVille Wrote:They are not our ally.

Oh, really? You might want to clue the state department in then. :biglmao:

The State Department, cutting through the confusion over President Obama's claim that Egypt is not a U.S. ally, contradicted his characterization Thursday.

For the record, spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said, Egypt is considered a major non-NATO ally.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/...z2YE1ooJD7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:They are not our ally.
They were our ally when Obama took office.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Good point, RV. I think that our foreign policy would improve if Kerry simply stayed on his yacht. The man is an imbecile.

Thought his vessel was listed as a Ketch-up. Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh, really? You might want to clue the state department in then. :biglmao:

The State Department, cutting through the confusion over President Obama's claim that Egypt is not a U.S. ally, contradicted his characterization Thursday.

For the record, spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said, Egypt is considered a major non-NATO ally.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/...z2YE1ooJD7
Maybe Kerry didn't get the memo on his yacht
It looks like the interim civilian leadership is actually doing the right thing for once. Hopefully they follow through...
vundy33 Wrote:It looks like the interim civilian leadership is actually doing the right thing for once. Hopefully they follow through...

I hope they do the right thing too. Don't let anybody blow any smoke up your pants to indicate that Egypt is not vitally important to the US. The sad part about all this is the obvious lack of an effective foreign policy.

During the Arab Spring, the leader of the free world got up on the world stage and declared it was time for Mubarak to go. Thusly turning his back on our long time ally and in so doing, brought instability to the region. I mean, they didn't have the first clue who would fill Mubarak's shoes and they still don't. In days not so long past, we were far more adept at maintaining stability. Of course, in those days we didn't let the whims of only one man win every argument at the federal level either.

Unfortunately hope is about all we have left to cling to these days. Statesmen have gone on and novice social zealots have taken their places. Foreign policy is more a liberal experiment than the tried and true policy Americans took for granted for so long. Benghazi is the quintessential example of inexperience in action. Similarly, if you've ever watched kids playing sand lot baseball, there will always be one of two who dominate rule interpretation. Changing the rules to keep the other team down makes them unbeatable. No matter how heated the argument gets, the rule changers just keep plugging on. Clinton et-al, just changed or dodged the rules, ducked responsibility and the questions about Benghazi, and ignored the criticisms of the right, in the belief that interest will die out sooner or later. I'd bet candidate Clinton isn't the least bit worried it will hurt her at all.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]