Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 07
brown14 Wrote:jc has no shot against paintsville. they have one really ood pitcher. and paintsville handled him wih no problem last year. he is a good pitcher but paintsvilel can hit...
I think that Central has about 3 really good pitchers. One was even named the area player of the year.
Paintsville will have a very good team this year and should win region hands down. What do you think their lineup will look like this year? Here is mine

1. Corey Humphrey CF
2. Travis Ison 3B
3. Daniel Pugh SS
4. Shane Grimm P
5. Kyle Sublett 1B
6. Corey Adams C
7. JD Vanhoose 2B
8. ???? whoever can play the LF spot that is a big question
9. Van Ferguson-RF

Has the making of a tough tiger lineup
Looks like a good lineup to me, except I'd switch around Travis and JD by putting Travis at 2nd and JD at 3rd.
Blackcat80 Wrote:Paintsville will have a very good team this year and should win region hands down. What do you think their lineup will look like this year? Here is mine

1. Corey Humphrey CF
2. Travis Ison 3B
3. Daniel Pugh SS
4. Shane Grimm P
5. Kyle Sublett 1B
6. Corey Adams C
7. JD Vanhoose 2B
8. ???? whoever can play the LF spot that is a big question
9. Van Ferguson-RF

Has the making of a tough tiger lineup
The line up looks good to me the way you said Pupaw.
I hope Travis has practiced takin ground balls in the offseason.
Redneck Wrote:I hope Travis has practiced takin ground balls in the offseason.

OUCH!! That's below the belt my friend. They are just kids, and all players make errors. Hell even the Major Leaguers have errors, that costs ball games. First of all, I'd like to ask is Ferguson an outfielder?? Is that what he played in Florida? I know that's what he use to play in Little League but does anyone know his post-puberty baseball status?? I agree with the statement above about switching Ison and JD from second and third. This scenerio also allows Ison to move to LF, where he has played sparingly but more experience than most on the team. He'd only play left, when Grimm is pitching. This allows Jonathan Miller to crack the lineup at second. I've also heard that Jared Keaton and Kevin Osborne may play for the Tigers.
Travis Ison is one of the most versatile athletes in the 15th Region period!!! Look for Travis to have a BIG SEASON as Paintsville rolls thru the 15th.
Gator Wrote:Travis Ison is one of the most versatile athletes in the 15th Region period!!! Look for Travis to have a BIG SEASON as Paintsville rolls thru the 15th.
Travis is a great kid and loves the game. I hope he has a great season.
Ison is a good kid. He has opted to play ONLY baseball and has been working very hard to improve his game. I, too, hope he has a great season!

(one quick inquiry... why does the part where our names are listed have "girls" watermarked into its background?)
I am sorry redneck that we all cant be as good as you at taking groundballs. Nobody is perfect and I dont know that you had to go and say that about a kid who loves the game of baseball. He has worked his butt off to be the best he can be.:flame:
Yeah lay off Ison he is working hard and will suprise many this year.

I think Paintsville has a few young kids that will also help this year. Some had varsity time last year like Tyler Lemaster-P, Jake Cyrus-OF, Dillon Brown-C, and Austin Lyons should pitch some this year.
The Blue Blur Wrote:OUCH!! That's below the belt my friend. They are just kids, and all players make errors. Hell even the Major Leaguers have errors, that costs ball games.

Jager Wrote:I am sorry redneck that we all cant be as good as you at taking groundballs. Nobody is perfect and I dont know that you had to go and say that about a kid who loves the game of baseball. He has worked his butt off to be the best he can be.:flame:

Blackcat80 Wrote:Yeah lay off Ison he is working hard and will suprise many this year.

I wasn't trying to put Ison down, he is a good player and has alot of potential. I was just makin an observation of what I seen last year. I never implied that he cost Paintsville any games cause of his errors Blue Blur so IDK where you get off sayin that. What in the world are you talkin about Jager????
Redneck Wrote:I wasn't trying to put Ison down, he is a good player and has alot of potential. I was just makin an observation of what I seen last year. I never implied that he cost Paintsville any games cause of his errors Blue Blur so IDK where you get off sayin that. What in the world are you talkin about Jager????

You can play dumb and plead the fifth. But, I've observed you're post and you're a very knowledgable Eastern KY sports fan. The whole entire SC-Paintsville regional final game is a touchy subject for the Tiger fans. There are many miscues that led to the Tigers defeat. If I'm not mistaken a missed groundball by Ison was one of them, that's why I said it's a low blow.
The Blue Blur Wrote:You can play dumb and plead the fifth. But, I've observed you're post and you're a very knowledgable Eastern KY sports fan. The whole entire SC-Paintsville regional final game is a touchy subject for the Tiger fans. There are many miscues that led to the Tigers defeat. If I'm not mistaken a missed groundball by Ison was one of them, that's why I said it's a low blow.

I forgot all about the groundball in the region finals to be honest. I don't blame Trav or Daniel Pugh for Paintsville losin the finals. I'm sure you watched more games then I did, but every game I attended Ison had multiple errors. All I was sayin was he needed to work on it. Never said anything about his arm or his bat. He has the arm to play 3rd base and his bat is alright, but playin the "hot corner" you have to be able to field the ball. Like you said, there were many miscues that led to Paintsville gettin beat, but I would never blame one person.
I dont know what game you came and watched. Ison only had 11 errors all season and probly 7 of them was just bad throws. Pugh had alot more errors than Ison did on ground balls last year.
I must have only showed up at the only games he had errors in then.

I'm still wonderin what in the world you are talkin about when you said "I am sorry redneck that we all cant be as good as you at taking groundballs."
Jager Wrote:I dont know what game you came and watched. Ison only had 11 errors all season and probly 7 of them was just bad throws. Pugh had alot more errors than Ison did on ground balls last year.

Because he started everyday and every game.
The Blue Blur Wrote:You can play dumb and plead the fifth. But, I've observed you're post and you're a very knowledgable Eastern KY sports fan. The whole entire SC-Paintsville regional final game is a touchy subject for the Tiger fans. There are many miscues that led to the Tigers defeat. If I'm not mistaken a missed groundball by Ison was one of them, that's why I said it's a low blow.

I don't know if we watched the same game, but the downfall began with the pitching switch. BUT, no one needs to blame the athletes for anything. They do the best they can at all times. ALSO, before anyone gets troubled, the coaches make the best call they can at the time. It's easy to be a great coach in the stands.
#1TigerFan Wrote:I don't know if we watched the same game, but the downfall began with the pitching switch. BUT, no one needs to blame the athletes for anything. They do the best they can at all times. ALSO, before anyone gets troubled, the coaches make the best call they can at the time. It's easy to be a great coach in the stands.

Like I said there were many costly misques, I just thought Redneck was trying to take a personal stab. There's no one person that deserves the blame for that loss, including the coaches.
Well folks.... this doesn't have one single thing to do with PAINTSVILLE '07. I'd rather learn from the misques of the past and let it go. It's over & done... time to move onward and upward! If you wanna begin a thread to re-hash things that can't be changed, go right on, but it's a waste of time and truly isn't necessary.

I'd much rather discuss things about the upcoming season and how we, as fans and supporters can help our team to be the best!
The Blue Blur Wrote:Like I said there were many costly misques, I just thought Redneck was trying to take a personal stab. There's no one person that deserves the blame for that loss, including the coaches.

Good post Blur! Hopefully we can quit fighting and get down to actual talk about this years team.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Like I said there were many costly misques, I just thought Redneck was trying to take a personal stab. There's no one person that deserves the blame for that loss, including the coaches.

I wasn't blaming anyone Blue Blur. If you know me at all then you know that I wouldn't do that. Can't blame Pugh, can't blame Ison, CAN blame the Tigers bats for not showing up and teeing off on an inexperienced freshman pitcher that Paintsville should have scored 15-20 runs on. No one person is to blame for the loss and I wouldn't dare blame one person.
Redneck Wrote:I wasn't blaming anyone Blue Blur. If you know me at all then you know that I wouldn't do that. Can't blame Pugh, can't blame Ison, CAN blame the Tigers bats for not showing up and teeing off on an inexperienced freshman pitcher that Paintsville should have scored 15-20 runs on. No one person is to blame for the loss and I wouldn't dare blame one person.

True we shouldn't blame anyone. Yes the Tigers should've won easy.
They Have Got Alot Of Young Pitchers Coming Back Like The Lyons Kid He Is A Hard Worker And The Grimm Kid Is Really Good Look For Them To Go A Long Ways Next Year
JOHNBOY1956 Wrote:They Have Got Alot Of Young Pitchers Coming Back Like The Lyons Kid He Is A Hard Worker And The Grimm Kid Is Really Good Look For Them To Go A Long Ways Next Year

They got Austin Lyons (young but will be good), Shane Grimm, J.D. VanHoose, Daniel Pugh, Shawn Selvage, Jonathan Miller. They have a nice pitchin corp returnin from last year. Look for Seth Alex Rice to pitch a lil bit here and there and doesn't Tavis Ison pitch.
Does anyone have a schedule?
Redneck Wrote:They got Austin Lyons (young but will be good), Shane Grimm, J.D. VanHoose, Daniel Pugh, Shawn Selvage, Jonathan Miller. They have a nice pitchin corp returnin from last year. Look for Seth Alex Rice to pitch a lil bit here and there and doesn't Tavis Ison pitch.
I was told today that Shawn transferred to Johnson Central.
Pupaw Wrote:I was told today that Shawn transferred to Johnson Central.

WHY?
Blackcat80 Wrote:WHY?

They(his family) Have come up with several reasons, but IMO...none were very good.
JMO, but when you blow off practices to go fishing or just don't want to practice, then gripe about PT you shouldn't think that coaches are not giving you PT because of favoritism towards other players. You should look at yourself first.
The Guru Wrote:They(his family) Have come up with several reasons, but IMO...none were very good.
JMO, but when you blow off practices to go fishing or just don't want to practice, then gripe about PT you shouldn't think that coaches are not giving you PT because of favoritism towards other players. You should look at yourself first.

Well that's a shame and I hate to talk about a player like that. But PT is earned, not given. IMHO, he got more PT on the mound last year than he deserved, so he can take that to the creek bank with him. I wish him the best of luck at Johnson Central, if he plays.