Poll: Who wins the title
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BELFRY
55.74%
Wayne County
44.26%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Pirates Vs Wayne Co. (3A State Championship 12/6/13)
smoke1015 Wrote:Wayne 20 Belfry 8. Wayne is the better team in my opinion. Wayne was a hell of a team last year that had 2 bad games, one against Bell in which they turned it over in the 1st quarter and won the next 3 quarters but couldn't overcome the deficit. Many, many fans seem to forget, Wayne played Central just as well as Belfry did last year, and really Wayne made some mistakes and still only lost by 3. I think Wayne was the 2nd best team in 3A last year.

Exactly how do you get that Wayne is the "Better Team"? You have any numbers or stats to provide?
Also, the second best team in 3A last year was the State Runner-Up...just sayin.. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bowling green better be ready for a packed house. Lol. I know Belfry will bring loads of fans. And it seems like the whole town of Monticello will be going to supports these young men. Going to be a great atmosphere for these young men. I will take Wayne co in this one. 24-7. Wayne's defense is playing at a whole new level and are determined to come out and hit anyone in their path.
smoke1015 Wrote:Wayne 20 Belfry 8. Wayne is the better team in my opinion. Wayne was a hell of a team last year that had 2 bad games, one against Bell in which they turned it over in the 1st quarter and won the next 3 quarters but couldn't overcome the deficit. Many, many fans seem to forget, Wayne played Central just as well as Belfry did last year, and really Wayne made some mistakes and still only lost by 3. I think Wayne was the 2nd best team in 3A last year.

Belfry was the second best last year. I give props to Wayne for beating Central...something Belfry hasn't been able to do...However, getting beat in the second round of the playoffs gives you no reason to think your team was number 2...This year you have an awesome team and so does Belfry...Should be a 4 quarter battle.
Central really struggled offensively at times and they were ripe for the picking when Wayne came to town. Not taking anything away from the Cards, but this was not the same Central team that we have saw in years past.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When you talk 3A football Belfry will always come up in the conversation. I was on the sideline in 1981 when Leslie County beat Belfry in Regional Championship 22-21 (Great Game) I wish both these Teams could win. Wayne County is in our District now. So I'll go with Wayne in a good ball game.
Go ahead and start getting Guffey's ring sized!! Belfry has no chance!! The belfry boys will get embarrassed!! He runs over corners and d-backs like speed bumps!! If the lineman don't hit him high they can forget about it
He's a true mr football candidate!! Nothing against Belfry they have a awesome football program just think Wayne is having on of those once in lifetime seasons. Good luck to both teams!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:Go ahead and start getting Guffey's ring sized!! Belfry has no chance!! The belfry boys will get embarrassed!! He runs over corners and d-backs like speed bumps!! If the lineman don't hit him high they can forget about it
He's a true mr football candidate!! Nothing against Belfry they have a awesome football program just think Wayne is having on of those once in lifetime seasons. Good luck to both teams!!

:dudecomeon:
Go Big Red! Wrote:Go ahead and start getting Guffey's ring sized!! Belfry has no chance!! The belfry boys will get embarrassed!! He runs over corners and d-backs like speed bumps!! If the lineman don't hit him high they can forget about it

One player will not beat Belfry.....I know one can beat Corbin that's been proven twice..:biglmao:.

You know what they say about opinions, but I know who played in the championship game last year losing in OT to Central and it sure as hell wasn't Wayne County.

We'll find out who the best team is on Friday and if it's Wayne I'll gladly admit it, but IMO Wayne has no ground to stand on at all as to who was 2nd best team in 3A last year.
BRING IT. Our boys will not back down and he will be HIT.

Here comes the drama folks...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

But I really hope to call them the 2nd best team in 3A this year.
Don't worry about Go big red...he is just mad because he put his Corbin team upon a pedestal all year just to finish third in their district and Bell was way way down so that tells you how bad Corbin was...I'm sure the basketball threads is were he should be to cheer on his team...This one is for teams still playing football.....
Wayne, unlike Bourbon, has been battle tested some this season when they had to outlast that monstrous Central defense. It showed us that Wayne can play to the end and that they can play a physical game. Wayne ran 77 plays in that game I think, that tells us they can sustain drives and control some clock. All that said it has been noted by Central coaches and fans that this has been Centrals worst offense in ~20 years or more.

Is Guffey as amazing as he's being hyped? Need to see some film on him to see for sure. Even if he is, he will still need help because no 1 player will beat Belfry.

According to Massey Wayne is a 1 TD favorite in this one. We saw where being a 2 TD favorite got Bourbon Co.

Not going to pick a score in this one just yet, but I do agree it appears the Pirates will be in one of the best games in Bowling Green for the 3rd straight year
I totally agree with Wayne winning it all..........In the West Virginia Class A championship!!!! the football Gods are lining it all up.....
1. Belfry Middle plays Wayne in the state championship...and won
Belfry High Plays Wayne in the state championship....and will win
2. Wayne Middle undefeated coming into the championship and went out with a lose
Wayne High undefeated coming into the championship and will go out with a lose
3. Belfry Middle only lost to Johnson Central
Belfry High only lost to Johnson Central
4. 2004 Championship year semi final score 21-13
2013 Championship year semi final score 21-13
the list could go on and on just get the drift its DESTINY folks you cant stop it!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
[quote=COACHITALL]I totally agree with Wayne winning it all..........In the West Virginia Class A championship!!!![/QUOTE]

I'm confused......

:pondering:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He's referencing the Wayne Pioneers who are a class AA powerhouse in WV
IronMan86 Wrote:He's referencing the Wayne Pioneers who are a class AA powerhouse in WV

Oh...I was thrown off by the whole West Virginia thing haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
COACHITALL Wrote:I totally agree with Wayne winning it all..........In the West Virginia Class A championship!!!! the football Gods are lining it all up.....
2. Wayne Middle undefeated coming into the championship and went out with a lose
the list could go on and on just get the drift its DESTINY folks you cant stop it!TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Don't put the cart before the horse Smile ...we all see what the former opponent fans got for proclaiming themselves as the best. Anyone who gets to week 14 deserves to be there. There is 4 quarters left to play. Nothing wrong with supporting your team though! Go Pirates!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Don't put the cart before the horse...we all see what the BOCO fans got for proclaiming themselves as the best. Anyone who gets to week 14 deserves to be there. There is 4 quarters left...

Agree 100%, as Pirate fans we know what over confidence can do....2007 and 2008 ring a bell?

We've played in two amazing games against Central in 2011 and 2012, both of those proving we deserved to be in BG. All I hope for as a fan is that win or lose the 3A title game is a great game and that both teams prove they deserve to be there.
It'll be a great game IMO.

These are definitely the two best teams in 3A this year.

Nothing against Wayne but I was really hoping these boys would get one more shot at Central. Hats off to Wayne Co. though for making it through the western side of the playoffs. It's most definitely a tougher road to hoe than we had. Other than a game Bourbon team we really didn't have any games to prepare us for the type of game we're gonna see this Friday.

I can't wait for Friday.
COACHITALL Wrote:I totally agree with Wayne winning it all..........In the West Virginia Class A championship!!!! the football Gods are lining it all up.....

Wayne can't win the Class "A" Championship, they're "AA", haha.:lame:
But, its highly likely they will....they play a tough Bridgeport team on friday
night, but the Pioneers have dominated everyone, including us.
Sucks for our Class "A" in WV because its highly dominated by
Catholic/Private schools....
Belfry and Wayne may have some new competition after the realignment i'm told that Boyle will more than likely drop to 3A and it's possible that Lex cath and Highlands may drop also.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Belfry and Wayne may have some new competition after the realignment i'm told that Boyle will more than likely drop to 3A and it's possible that Lex cath and Highlands may drop also.

I've heard Wayne will likely move up after consolidating with Monticello

Also if the coal industry continues to struggle in EKY then Belfry could find themselves back in 2A
AtlPirateFan Wrote:I've heard Wayne will likely move up after consolidating with Monticello

Being a Boyle co. fan i know that the # of male students has really dropped for the Rebels since the last realignment and LC and HHS were the bottom two in 4A in the last realignment i don't know about thier numbers but i've been told by people who know that they may drop also.
I look for a great game in 3A GO BELFRY TongueirateSho
This maybe the best game of the finals.
Jack Lambert Wrote:This maybe the best game of the finals.

I think it will too. The rest will suck. They maybe the worst matchups that we have had in a long time.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I think it will too. The rest will suck. They maybe the worst matchups that we have had in a long time.

You boys are over looking the worst match up!! It's right here!! Belfry cannot play with Wayne!! You boys want to talk about the district they came from but they did come from the toughest district in the state!! You can bet your sweet rump on that one!! Bell was way way way down? They took central to the wire that tells me they were not as down as you might think!! You will not answer to Mr Guffey!! You can't stop him he's going to win a state title!! Glad you boys like the bridesmaid dress. If you where on the Central side of the bracket you wouldn't have to worry about it each year!!!!

All BS aside I know for a fact belfry is a stud in 3a but you keep running in to buzz saw!! This Wayne team is special and they have one of the best QB's in the state. He would be my #1!!
Go Big Red! Wrote:You boys are over looking the worst match up!! It's right here!! Belfry cannot play with Wayne!! You boys want to talk about the district they came from but they did come from the toughest district in the state!! You can bet your sweet rump on that one!! Bell was way way way down? They took central to the wire that tells me they were not as down as you might think!! You will not answer to Mr Guffey!! You can't stop him he's going to win a state title!! Glad you boys like the bridesmaid dress. If you where on the Central side of the bracket you wouldn't have to worry about it each year!!!!

All BS aside I know for a fact belfry is a stud in 3a but you keep running in to buzz saw!! This Wayne team is special and they have one of the best QB's in the state. He would be my #1!!

[Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rdAv2t0oJxs/Tq..._meme.jpeg]
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next