•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield Cardinals 2014
It's my understanding that gchs wants him bad enough that a booster intends to pay for him a place to live. Kinda makes you think. I didn't think you start getting paid to play til the nfl or auburn get you.
He should back up and look how well it worked out for the 2 that transferred last year. They haven't got any rings either. I don't know if they would do it again if given a second chance.
Who would have been the qb if Guhy went down? Who was his back up?
If Guhy went down then I believe Dylan Reed would have been the starter. No way the freshman would have gotten the chance to start a game.
Funny I was around him for the last 2 seasons and I didn't get that from him but who knows what goes on behind the scenes. I hate that he definitely is a skilled kid.
Mayfieldsportsfan Wrote:If Guhy went down then I believe Dylan Reed would have been the starter. No way the freshman would have gotten the chance to start a game.

Who do you think will be the starter reed or arnett
The back up was Arnett. He came in for Jake in the Frankfort game. The next 1 is Kennemore. Reed made the decision that he didn't want to be qb from what I have gathered.
who is the 8th grade rb that is supposed to be as fast as bright and who is the freshman reciever that is supposed to be so fast
The rb is Murrell. Also the son of 1 of Mayfield's all time greats. The rec is Lumpson. He is about the same speed as Bright. He is a very good basketball player which translates well to a rec.
never seen william play but i remember tyreese i assume they r kin as well
I am sure they are as well. I don't know exactly how.
mysonis55 Wrote:I was just wondering what everyone thinks about the Cards next year.

We lose a bunch of seniors this year, including our #1 in all areas qb in Jake Guhy.

We have a lot coming back though.

We will have the best rb in 1a next year in Trajon Bright.
We have Kel Carmen, Cole Kendall and Elijah Brimer back on the line.
We also have 2 real large linemen in the freshman class and a very nasty one in the sophomore class.
We have the following key players back as well
Dylan Reed wr/db
Lane Kennemore wr/safety
Marshall Bacon wr
Tim McCampbell lb/de
Johnny Hernandez lb/fb
Gage Dunn de
Colby Tucker wr/db

We also have a really loaded freshman class, this class could give us depth at receiver (including 1 burner or a wr), linebackers, linemen and a possibility at qb. We have an incoming class in the 8th grade that offers up a possible qb, a burner at rb, a great lineman or 2 and another very good linebacker. I think if it pans out the way I am thinking, we may have more depth next year than we did this year.

Mayfield is still the odds on favorite until they are beaten by a 1A team.. But I will disagree with the RB Bright being the best running back in 1A because Brandon Jones and the two kids from Frankfort could have something to say about that.. There are others as well who could be around the state but these 3 are the only ones that come to my mind... Raceland, Williamsburg, and Fairview and Rusellville and Beechwood could have some good backs next season..
sounds like we are loaded at the rb wr and db spots now my worries are the de spots qb and the whole ol besides carmen i really aint sure on the lb position and if we lost anyone i know hernandez and mccambel are back
Lb will be a strong spot, trust me. We are going to be deep there. De will be fine. If me mccampbell stays he is one the Dunn kid will probably be the other.
Bac come watch Bright and then make your decision. Or ask Wburg about him. Or ask Caldwell about him.
so who will make up the o line and which kid is the lo kid i never figured that out
I think our linebacker play next season will be very good. Nick Workman will be a player who you will hear a lot about in the next few years. He has all the tools to make a great linebacker. Most important is that he, like most of the freshman class this year is very smart. He doesn't have a off button either. Wide open every play and he doesn't let his emotions get the best of him. He reminds me of Brent Simpkins who was the all time leading tackler until JJ broke the record last year.
killbilly usmc Wrote:so who will make up the o line and which kid is the lo kid i never figured that out

Carmen will anchor the line and I think Cole Kendall will be one of the guards. He played the position last year when we had some injuries and none of the upper classmen stepped up. He had never played the position before. He had always been fullback and linebacker. I think he did better this year not having to play both ways. Caleb Adams might get some playing time if he gets aggresive and hits the weights more than he has been.
Every 2 to 3 years we have this problem kids graduate. We will be fine as a team and the coaches will put the best kids in the right spots.
3 years ago we had this same conversation about Jake Guhy playing QB. We also had the Hughes kid that year move in and everyone had Jake crossed out and the hughes was going to be awesome. We see what happened.
We have several kids back that should only get better with experience. We have several underclassmen that should get some looks. #7 Tim McCampbell is not a returning starter and was overhyped all year. Size does not make you a good football player. Heart determination and instincts will get you further on friday nights than just looking big. You have to show up and play every friday night.
Potential rotaters and starters next year could be if they put in what it takes.
#22 Bright rb-db freshman right now
# 3 Arnett qb freshman ( can play qb,wr,or db )
# 80 Lumpson wr freshman
#79 Nall ol freshman
#55 Brown ol freshman
#44 Arnett lb freshman
#51 Workman lb-ol freshman
#32 Wimberly lb-rb sophomore
#15 Mills de- sophomore
#14 Tucker wr-db sophomore ( started 4 or 5 games this year due to injury )
# 43 Dunn de junior ( played in several games )
im sure i missed a few kids that i will post later. These are some of the kids with potential upside for next year.
Don't forget Elijah Brimer and either the lo kid or X. I also forgot about Brintley Adams on the line. He can be a BEAST if he doesn't take plays off. He has to be the physically strongest kid I ever coached. He has a mean streak which can be useful on the gridiron.
E. Brimer will be a great asset on both sides of the ball. High motor and great kid. Little brother will soon fill in for Elijah. Almost exact same player.
The two Brimers are fiercly competitive with 1 another.
mysonis55 Wrote:The two Brimers are fiercly competitive with 1 another.

You have no idea. I'm a referee more than a Dad.:biglmao:

The first couple of practices this summer Micah told me that he got by Elijah on a play. I learned never to ask how practice went while we are in the truck. :dontthink:devilflam
MC, whatever you have posted there, I cannot get to pull up.
I have 2 boys that are 12 years apart and they still argue over who is the better at everything they do. I told the youngest to let the oldest win at getting injured in the military. I don't ever want to go through that again.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next