Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Weather
They don't salt my road, so its horrible. The highways are fine, but my road is solid ice.

One more day of this mess, and I think weve seen the last of the bitter cold. Im predicting 60s and 70s for late February.
We got as low as -7 in NKY without the windchill. The cold and wind together were too much for my old home. A second story water feed, to a toilet near an exterior wall, said uncle and froze.

Thankfully my family and I and can use another bathroom to meet our needs until repaired and I was able to isolate the water to the bathroom with a shutoff. Going to be fun diagnosing where the break is once the pipe thaws ; ). I needed some fine tuning on my plumbing and dry wall skills anyway. I am thankful I caught the pipe before it burst and caused a major flood situation while we are away. So at least I got that going for me…LOL

Something else I learned -7 will do is cause full pop cans to explode in your car. Thankfully it happened in the passenger side floorboard.

So barring any further frozen pipes, we did alright. Once I expose the pipe break ( from behind the wall ), yes I will be wrapping the pipe and insulating the heck out of the area. So long run I'll save $$$ on energy.

Glass is always half full!

Hope all of you faired better and were able to carry on. Stay warm and looking forward to mid 40s by the weekend. We're up to a heatwave 8 degrees at 3pm. Take care and God bless!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
^
If it weren't for my fireplace, we would have froze last night.

The Central heat and air unit froze up.
Be safe and stay warm…-6 at 8a in NKY after 4-6" of snow yesterday!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Temperatures in the 20's, 3 snow flakes on the ground and they cancel school in the county I work in. Most of the area schools are on a 2hr. delay because of cold temps. (20's with wind chills in the teens). People here in Eastern North Carolina are wigging out today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It was 7 when I came to work this morning. Back roads are solid ice covered with packed snow. Main roads are ok.
Im sick of this cold crap.

Only six weeks until time goes back spring starts springing!
The deepest snow fall in my memory happened the first week of April!

Wink
Enjoyed -9 windchills this afternoon ridge running in NKY! It was 6 vs -7 the day before.....wooooooo-whoooooooooooo!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Hope you got all your pipes wrapped this time around gut!!
Gotta love this weather it's a wonderful 4 degrees this morning at 5:50 am. Reminds me of the days I lived in Wisconsin. Only thing we need now is about 12-16 inches of snow on the ground. Then it would be just a wonderful winter playground!!!
We had no temp this morning on my way in to work. Car said a flat "0".

It'll drop another couple of degrees before it turns around and heads up. Snow tomorrow.
Calling for 2-4" in NKY between midnight and 9a. The upside will be a balmy mid-20s for the high temps tomorrow. So we got that going for us….

Keep the heating blanket out for next week M, T, & W when we dip back into the single digits again.

I gotta run and hurry off to work to enjoy -4 this morning!!! Stay safe and let these conditions really sink in. It's going to make spring and summer feel spectacular!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Never got of the 20's today in North Carolina. The normal high this time of the year is in the mid 50's. Rumor has it, that we may be getting up to 9 inches of snow this week. I hope not, the area shut down this week when 3 snowflakes hit the ground.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They are calling for southern Kentucky to get from 2-4 of snow this weekend.
I love the winter, but I'm sick of this!

We need to get used to it though, we're likely to have another round of these super-low temps coming up before we warm up.
At a balmy 29 degrees and am literally stripping after shoveling out. Ended up with 3-4" in NKY, however, the wind has produced some nice drifts.

Calling for another 1-2" tomorrow but rising temps to the mid 30s before the bottom falls out again on Monday into Tuesday!

Punxsutawney Phil better have some good news this month otherwise I may have to cross paths with a new crock pot recipe Confusednicker: !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I think one more round of arctic air this week and its done.
Calling for a low of -15 on Tuesday without the windchill in NKY. I think I might just turn my water off so pipes don't break…..LOL!

Calling for another nuisance snow of 1-2" tomorrow. It's 37 right now. I might have to grab the Coppertone!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Felt like summer today.
Mass panic has taken over Eastern North Carolina. They are forecasting 4-12 inches of snow. Schools have been closed for today, businesses are closed, even Camp Lejuene (Marine base here) is closed. All this and it has not even started snowing yet.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Freezing rain has begun.
My wife heard at work today that the county we live in does not have any snow plows. The county that I live in is about the same size as Pike Co. our population is just under 200,000 people. Could be a fun couple of days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^
Sounds like it's going to be a real adventure for you the next few days.. Stay safe and watch out for those people who have no clue on how to drive in the snow!!
We ended up with about 1/8 of ice, 2 inches of sleet, not sure how much snow on top of that, probably about 1-2 inches. We are in a state of emergency, untreated roads covered with snow and ice and temperatures below freezing until Friday. Looks like a fun week.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It was -6 on may way in to work this morning. I drove 45 miles in a blizzard last night just to find out when I got there, that the basketball game had been cancelled.

We just gave up!! Went to Cracker Barrel!!!

:Thumbs:
Work already called off for tomorrow (Thursday). I am so ready to get back to work. I have about 6 meetings I need to make up that I missed due to this weather. I have so much extra work because of the weather.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Winter Storm Warning in effect for a large portion of the bluegrass this evening thru tomorrow am.

Travel safe and use good judgement!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
The think about Kentucky is were covered for any and all.
While the South struggles with a butt crack of snow, were use to seeing horrible winters. While the North has heat stroke after heat stroke when really hot summers happen, were use to it.
While people struggle with flooding in the west, were use to seeing our creeks and rivers hit the top and then some.
And last but not least, when we had our earthquake last year, I was in the bed taking a nap and it didn't even wake me up.
I just look at as " it is what it is!!!" Nothing more or less.. Just deal with is my moto on weather in Kentucky.
How much snow, ice, rain did you get in your neck of the woods?

Within about a 50 mile North-South swath you could have gotten a half inch to 6" in NKY. Be safe out there and give yourselves more time to get to your destination this morning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi