Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catchers In The 14th
pelfrey was one of the best catchers last year if not the best...the only thing he will need to improve a little on is his arm!! but my prediction is pelfrey will be #1 on everyones list at the end of the year!!!
thepasttime Wrote:ok catchers have to be smart and athletic unless couch is calling the game but top in the region on both sides
1.) baker
2.) hogg
3.) smith
4.) pelfrey
5.) searcy more of a hitting catcher needs work

Can I ask you something. How in the world do you have pelfrey so far down on ur list. There is no way he can be 4th. I;m sure that will change.
pelfrey is young i could see him 3rd i heard smith has gained some weight, but i watched powell play a couple of teams on him and those teams looked like they could run on him easy i know that you dont run on the catch you run on the pitcher but it didnt look like pelfrey was making up anytime
thepasttime Wrote:pelfrey is young i could see him 3rd i heard smith has gained some weight, but i watched powell play a couple of teams on him and those teams looked like they could run on him easy i know that you dont run on the catch you run on the pitcher but it didnt look like pelfrey was making up anytime
Well he might not make up anytime, but there isnt a ball that gets by him in a game. Everything stays in front.
BAKER from LESLIE is #ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smith From KCC is pretty good.
Alright I'll give you all that that those catchers are good it's just bad luck for them that they have a kid named pelfrey in the same region as them. But they are great catchers.
I think we should wait untill the season starts to see these catchers in action. I cant wait it should be fun!!!
baker from leslie
Zach Hurt from Cordia........most of the time he doesnt even bother to throw the ball to first base.....he can run it there and toss the ball to the first baseman before the runner even gets hlaf way to the base...fgast as lightning and in great shape.. ..he works hard.... he also knows when to and when not to throw the ball to try to get a baserunner out from stealing....he does a great job of covering homeplate and backing up the pitcher too...he may not be the #1 catcher but he is definately one of the best ones!!! GO LIONS!!!!!
cardinalsfan07 Wrote:baker from leslie

I think Baker is a good catcher and i cant wait to play against him. It will be fun.:letsparty
90FeetFromHome Wrote:Alright I'll give you all that that those catchers are good it's just bad luck for them that they have a kid named pelfrey in the same region as them. But they are great catchers.

I think the Pelfrey kid is a good player. Just be careful not to hype him too much. It may come back to bite you. Southwood will be the starter.

Zach Hurt isn't that fast. Nice try, though. He's got a good bat.

Mike Hogg is an all around good baseball player. He can hit and he's got a good glove.

Timmy Baker is one of the top catchers in the region. Very good on both siders of the ball.

Searcy from Hazard will be much improved this season.

Smith from KCC is just as good as Baker. Probably, the most underrated catcher in the region.

Brent Hall, JBS, has been a catcher his whole career. From LL to HS. JBS just needs a good coach to be able to bring out some of their talent.

I'll not mention a name, I was at a showcase last year to look at some of the talent, anyway, one 14th region catcher had a pop time of 1.86 at a showcase last year. He brought some "whoa's". Don't ask, because this kid doesn't want anyone to know. I talked to him afterwards and he said that's the best he'd ever gotten the ball out of the glove. We should see more of that this season.
thepasttime Wrote:pelfrey is young i could see him 3rd i heard smith has gained some weight, but i watched powell play a couple of teams on him and those teams looked like they could run on him easy i know that you dont run on the catch you run on the pitcher but it didnt look like pelfrey was making up anytime

You said it your self.It's on the pitcher.I don't know about you, but i would rather have a catcher that threw out 50% of the runners and blocked all but maybe 1 ball a game then a catcher with 70% and let 4 or 5 balls go by.if you hold runners at their base on a wild pitch or one in the dirt, then they wont score.if you miss it runners move up.that is why pelfrey is #1 in the region, cause say they do steal second on him.unless their is a hit, that runner isn't going to 3rd.i would rather have pelfrey back there than any other catcher.
baseball_dad Wrote:I think the Pelfrey kid is a good player. Just be careful not to hype him too much. It may come back to bite you. Southwood will be the starter.

Why d people comment on thing they do not have a clue about? How many game do you think Southwood has started? What position do you think Southwood plays? Do you even know what Southwoods FIRST name is. Southwood will not be catching this year. Pelfrey is an all region catcher as a soph, so why would he not start? Stick to players and teams you know.
JustTrying Wrote:Why d people comment on thing they do not have a clue about? How many game do you think Southwood has started? What position do you think Southwood plays? Do you even know what Southwoods FIRST name is. Southwood will not be catching this year. Pelfrey is an all region catcher as a soph, so why would he not start? Stick to players and teams you know.

I've seen enough baseball from across the state to know.
To know what....that you don't know enough? You did answer any my questions.
Baseball Dad don't know anything.i agree with Just Trying.he won't answer any of the questions.if you know so much baseball dad, then why won't you answer them?Just Trying has a point there.
We all love southwood but Devon Pelfrey is a great catcher probably the greatest ever to walk the earth.
The Earth???Maybe just Powell county, or for right now the 14th.
Bench Warmer Wrote:Baseball Dad don't know anything.i agree with Just Trying.he won't answer any of the questions.if you know so much baseball dad, then why won't you answer them?Just Trying has a point there.

He does have a point. :Thumbs:

BTW, would his name start with a C? No, I'm not real sure of his name. I'm guessing Cody. And, I believe that he is 5' 10"+ 160 lbs. I may be mistaking, but I think he played SS or 2nd. But, don't assume that I don't know anything. I've seen these boys play and MY thoughts are mine alone. I believe Southwood could make a good catcher based on his height and weight. And Pelfry isn't the best on Earth. That would be Johnny Bench.
chase southwood isnt 5'10", he is about 5'7"!!! devon pelfrey is about 6'1" 6'2" about 230+ and was all region as a sophmore...want more could u want?
Chase is his middle name guys. I think that Everything will fall in place at about the end of March.
JustTrying Wrote:Chase is his middle name guys. I think that Everything will fall in place at about the end of March.

:Thumbs: Exactly!
Michael Hogg has a big stick and a good glove! I say he is one of the best in the region!
there is no way ever that chase would start over devon. bryan dean started developing devon as a freshman and he did a pretty good job. he could have started as a freshman if there wouldn't have been some political things going on who knows
Dean didn't develop Devon. Dean,from what i hear, didn't like devon and never work with him.. I hear that devon and his dad did wll the work. Devon is the man.
dean had alot to do with trust me. and he did like devon. the only reason he didn't work with him was because his assistant worked him to death dean's last year and worked out alot of kinks that devon had.
Yea, the great matt rigsby worked with him when he wasn't stealing from them. I think Dean would choose a few players and they would be his babies. They would be the only ones that he would talk or work with....but why don't we let 14th champ answer the question.
i dont know about any of that
all i know is that dean should get some credit for how those players were prepared before the new coach arrived. all im talking about is what happened on the field anything else shouldn't be brought up thats slander.