• 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Malaysian Flight MH 370
Granny Bear Wrote:^
I just saw that!! Smart alec!!
Confusednicker:

The search is on again, this time several hundred miles southwest of the original site. Up to ten experts have agreed on the area, and they are all independent.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/18/world/asia...?hpt=hp_t1

Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I was reminded by this today when remains of some passengers on Flight ML 117 made it back to Malaysia. I've searched from time to time but not any news. Granny Bear you have kept up with it some, any info?
I have. When I saw pictures of the folks there to receive their family's remains, I did another search. There's probably a cover up, but as far as I can tell, no other information has been confirmed. I didn't know until last week that the Chinese had hacked into their information base........curious??
Have they still not found this thing?
Ah..........what thing!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
The big ass plane that disappeared.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The big ass plane that disappeared.

Lost ( pun intended ) a few steps since moving west haven't you.....Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
No, they still consider this flight missing. When returning the remains of the people that were killed when the second plane was shot down over the Ukraine, it sort of "reminded" everyone that the first plane had never been located. And a lot of people are still unaccountable.
Granny Bear Wrote:I have. When I saw pictures of the folks there to receive their family's remains, I did another search. There's probably a cover up, but as far as I can tell, no other information has been confirmed. I didn't know until last week that the Chinese had hacked into their information base........curious??

Very curious Granny Bear, could you provide the info?
This is increasingly troublesome.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ssing.html

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online...7031088274

http://www.inquisitr.com/1425895/malaysi...0-hackers/

Here you go Tiger Blues. Afraid every different news source has their own "interpretation", but you can get the general idea from these three sites.

Gotta love the media!!
Granny Bear Wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ssing.html

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online...7031088274

http://www.inquisitr.com/1425895/malaysi...0-hackers/

Here you go Tiger Blues. Afraid every different news source has their own "interpretation", but you can get the general idea from these three sites.

Gotta love the media!!

Thanks Granny Bear, that was a interesting read :thanks:
Word is either tonight or tomorrow the missing flight will be officially listed as "lost". All search efforts have been exhausted after nine months and the Malaysian govt shutting down the effort to recover the aircraft. Personally I was glued to the TV during it's disappearence thinking since I can lock my doors with my phone but no one can find a aircraft of this size made me nuts. It will be tough on those families until it is found if it ever is.
I would've thought there would be debris discovered by now...even if it was just a little bit!

It only took JFK Jr's crash about 12 hrs to float to Martha's Vinyard.
If anyone is interested, there is a compelling and scientific documentary on the PBS show NOVA called Why Planes Vanish and it is dedicated this lost aircraft. I watched it from a news link but it was taken from YouTube. It provides the reason why they searched the South Indian Ocean, it's pretty fascinating stuff.
Gov't officials now say in a news release the word and statement concerning the ML 370 flight word "loss" was taken out if context and not from an official spokesperson from the airline nor a person with credible information to make the statement that reflected the nation in a manner forthcoming.
Another Malaysian gov't screw up IMO
Still blows my mind that nothing has shown up anywhere!
If anyone has been following the AirAsia crash in Indonesia, a search aircraft spotted smoke coming from a remote island. Also found was an oil slick about 650 miles away and samples were taken to identify if it was from missing aircraft. In case anyone was wondering AirAsia makes it's home base in Malaysia making this the third airbus 320 crash in less than a year. 162 people were on board.
AirAsia flight QZ8501 has been found in the Java Sea near Indonesia as well as over 40 bodies recovered. It appears the aircraft is intact according to investigators resting on the bottom but it is monsoon season and heavy rain is making recovery efforts difficult.
Lightening and down drafts?? Also, I suspect at one time the plane was encased in ice, dramatically increasing its' weight.

I feel horrible for the families involved.....prayers for them!!
Indonesian Gov't announces they have found and pinpointed the location of the AirAsia aircraft. The WSJ has reported the aircraft is upside down 150 ft deep although that report had not been confirmed.
TigerBlues Wrote:AirAsia flight QZ8501 has been found in the Java Sea near Indonesia as well as over 40 bodies recovered. It appears the aircraft is intact according to investigators resting on the bottom but it is monsoon season and heavy rain is making recovery efforts difficult.
I'm wondering where you are getting your reports from, as all major news sources are saying 7 bodies recovered.
TheRealVille Wrote:I'm wondering where you are getting your reports from, as all major news sources are saying 7 bodies recovered.

Overseas news agency's reported over 40 when this first broke. If you look at where the crash site is located then look south and east there are spotty small marsh type small islands, RT news reported fisherman in the area had found as many as 50 more bodies were in and around those uninhabitable areas.
I read a similar article on cnn website. They had estimated the body count at 40.
^Thanks. I haven't been able to find anything. I like keeping up with it, so I might have go deeper.
The dude from CNN that looks like the 2015 version of Magnum PI, Les Abler is back tracking on his info.
^ Granny Bear, Reuters News service in Southeast Asia is the best info I've found so far but the problem is no subtitles. Look for a tropical storm heading north into Vietnam to shift south straight into the search area in a couple days but it should not be that intense by the time it gets there due to a upper level wind shear and break it apart but nonetheless very intense winds and driven rain up to 8 inches making this recovery very difficult at best. Reports now suggest the officials overseeing this operation will turn to nighttime recovery due to better weather in that region at night and more stability for ships and divers doing the work.
The one redeeming quality about this most recent tragedy is that at least these families of the deceased will have closure vs. the prior tragedy which simply vanished.

Very sad situation for asian airlines between two crashes and a plane shot down this year.

SMH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I'm still trying to wrap my head around that fact!

Also, trying to decide whether or not I believe in coincidences.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next