•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Malaysian Flight MH 370
They've basically found the aircraft and what is left of it. Five large pieces of the plane are resting on the Java sea floor with the largest being almost 60ft in length and 11ft wide. The weather is treacherous at this time with 10-15 ft swells and sustained 35 mph winds and even the divers report the visibility is is around 18 inches. The pingers were deployed last night our time in the area of the wreckage with an Indonesian spokesperson saying they should find the black boxes in just a few days which scares me after hearing the same thing before. A body was discovered beached on a remote island which prompted a statement from a search official saying "at this point we suspect any bodies not still strapped to their seat(s) will more than likely wash ashore in parts of the Java Sea islands. I'll post again when I can find more.
I logged on to post that^^^

Smile
The USS Fort Worth has located the tail section of the AirAsia air bus. It was located in 92 ft on the sea floor and mapped by sonar imaging then confirmed at a quick news release by a Indonesian spokesman. Divers were summoned and ready but the sea currents were deemed too swift thus a no dive order was administered. The black boxes are housed in the tail section and every effort will be made to recover them tomorrow weather permitting.

TigerBlues BGR Aviation Correspondent :lame:
Thank you TigerBlues.....and now a word from our sponsors!!

Confusednicker:
The tail of AirAsia was recovered yesterday but it was only the fin, search crews report pings from the black boxes 70 miles south of the fin. The weather and current is absolute havoc for the search teams, Australian recovery ship reported yesterday being slammed by a 40ft wave and carried it almost a half mile off its course. This will be a battle of wills until the monsoon season ends but USA and Indonesian divers are ready if the currents slow and will dive tomorrow in the flagged area of the black box transmission signals.
Divers find one of two black boxes today, it was taken to Jakarta where it will take two weeks to download the data, the cockpit voice recorder is still missing but the diver that found the flight data recorder said he was very fortunate in retrieve it as it was buried under jagged pieces of the wreckage and the current was so strong he was almost lodged loose from his search grid. The search will continue tomorrow which is now we are 12 hours behind their time, also searchers found three more bodies two of which were found still strapped in their seats a husband and wife but their baby was missing as the father had the carrier wrapped in his arms. The diver that retrieved the bodies asked for a couple days off as he was a new father himself, obviously this points to the difficulty that these men and women are going through doing this job.
I cannot imagine what these people must endure when they see things like this. The emotional pain must be terrible!!
The latest hasn't changed much with the exception of the cockpit voice recorder is being analyzed. Also, the dive teams once again tried to reach the main fuselage but again were driven back due to dangerous current conditions. A remote was then sent down and video captured what officials called a ghostly scene of passengers strapped in their seats.
Divers will try again today to reach the wreckage and fit it with inflatable balloons and raise it to the surface, but the Indonesian government is wrestling with how to extricate the bodies still trapped inside. If the divers cannot reach them today they are going to raise the fuselage with the bodies still inside.
I can't imagine what that is going to look like.
It will be a horror story!
Granny Bear Wrote:It will be a horror story!

You are ahead of your time GB ! They tried to raise the fuselage and had it to the top when two balloons popped and down it went. A true horror story as reported from BBC and Reuters. Also a second attempt failed and now they are waiting on more balloons to take down to the site but after the first attemp it was beyond nasty with body parts and belongings floating being scooped up, again I can't imagine doing this job
I can't imagine doing that job or being a family member and hearing/reading that stuff about one of my own!!
Indonesian military announced yesterday they are pulling out of the search and recovery for bodies associated with the AirAsia crash. They acknowledged there are more bodies inside the largest piece of the fuselage but are going to let the dive teams handle this task of passengers still strapped in their seats and some that are floating inside. A third attempt will be made to raise the aircraft when conditions are ideal according to an Indonesian spokesperson citing the failed pervious attempts were done under difficult circumstances.
The preliminary report that is coming out will not contain any data from the flight recorder nor from the cockpit voice recorder.
update
[quote=TigerBlues]TransAsia flight GE 235 crashed shortly after takeoff from Taiwan. There is some incredible dash cam footage of the plane clipping a taxi before crashing into a shallow river. 15 survivors have been pulled out so far in the Capitol city of Taipan, but it looked like it was middle of town almost.
Remarkable footage!! It nearly sliced that cab in half!! I felt so sorry for those kids who were shown in the film in the middle of the water. They were freezing, and their little hands were just trembling.

It looked like that plane just lost all power!! No control and it declined very very quickly.
Well, it's been over a year and finally there may be clue with MH370. Off the coast of Madagascar some 4,000 miles away from the search area a rear flap was discovered. Authorities are currently investigating the piece of aircraft and have determined that it is from a 777 Airliner, the same as flight MH 370.
And if I understand correctly, the Maylasian aircraft is the only 777 model that is missing. There was also part of a suitcase retrieved from that same location, but I've yet to hear anything more about it.

Wonder if there's any accurate way that tides and currents could be traced backward in time?
Granny Bear Wrote:And if I understand correctly, the Maylasian aircraft is the only 777 model that is missing. There was also part of a suitcase retrieved from that same location, but I've yet to hear anything more about it.

Wonder if there's any accurate way that tides and currents could be traced backward in time?

Granny that's a good question but the so called experts have the answer. The South Indian Ocean has a counter clockwise rotation with its currents due to the cold water to the south and the warm tho the north. A design was given by NOAA showing how it works and said this is the staple according to them and also said don't be surprised to see more debris washing ashore.
It's official! Now the real work begins.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33794012
Granny Bear Wrote:It's official! Now the real work begins.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33794012

Finally ! Thanks for posting Granny :Thumbs:
Beat me to it....I knew you two would be on this news like white on rice! :biggrin:

Good news for tidal and current experts of the Indian Ocean...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Well, I'm absolutely no expert on currents and tides! But I was reading about it and how they are trying to reverse engineer the paths of the airplane piece and the luggage. I don't know how they can do it. There are just so many variable factors that could've impacted these pieces. It just looks to me like if the currents and tides were reliable, why hasn't the entire debris field floated up on this island?

But, as I said, I am totally ignorant of this process. Interesting to read though.
New search has begun....imagine that!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Until they find the black boxes, we will never know what happened. It may take 10 years before the black boxes are ever found.
Stardust Wrote:Until they find the black boxes, we will never know what happened. It may take 10 years before the black boxes are ever found.

I'm with you on finding them, but really I think it will be like the Titanic. It will be forever until they recover it in that part of the ocean .
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/15/africa/mh3...index.html

Wonder where this takes the story??
Granny Bear Wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/15/africa/mh3...index.html

Wonder where this takes the story??

Good question Granny , trying to figure out how the response team missed it ? Maybe a shipping container ? Just more mystery I guess !
Updates :please:
The most recent story is that a woman who was bird hunting ran up on a plane that had crashed in the jungle on one of the Philippine islands. She claimed to have actually climbed in the fuselage and saw "many skeletons". The plane reportedly had the Maylasian flag on it. Below is the link.

Don't get too excited yet; it hasn't been confirmed. And I will tell you now there are literally hundreds of reports similar to this one floating around.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...MH370.html
When did they find the plane never knew they found it. :popcorn:
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next