•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central coaching search
The_Rock Wrote:Simple solution.
Give the old football field to the Soccer team. It has lights, bleachers, concession stand, and restrooms. Let them use the fieldhouse down there as their clubhouse.

Give the new football field to the football team.

No need to share when each team can have their own HQ. Eliminates all the controversy. The new football field is not big enough for soccer any way. Plus, wouldnt a track been nice up there for the track team?

Nah. They did it right by not putting a track around the football field. They take away SOOOOO much from the atmosphere of the ballgames.

Now, not saying the track team doesn't deserve a first class, rubberized track..but you find another piece of 1-2 acre land to put that on. Bleachers to hold a few hundred people (more than adequate) and rock on.

See Boyle County, Belfry, the new McCracken County HS, and countless others.

Some of the best programs in the state don't have track's around their fields. The above, and also schools like Mayfield, Highlands, Breathitt County, Lexington Catholic, John Hardin, Owensboro...those are just a few that come to my mind.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Please tell me that middle school soccer isn't during the fall? Telling ya...it will have an effect on football in these county's like no other.

Most middle schools have there own league. Most of the play on JV or freshman but don't dress for varsity. No one hardly plays club ball which is why we are down. That is why it is so hard for soccer and football coaches to get alone. I would think ours does.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Isn't this thread about a coaching search?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Most middle schools have there own league. Most of the play on JV or freshman but don't dress for varsity. No one hardly plays club ball which is why we are down. That is why it is so hard for soccer and football coaches to get alone. I would think ours does.

So the Letcher County Youth Football League is down due to numbers?

Soccer would benefit everybody if they played it in the spring like they do everywhere else south of us, and I think even up North...Indiana or Ohio one plays it in the spring.

You don't see many Soccer/Baseball kids...but, I think you would get a lot of soccer kids out to play football and vice versa.

Think about how great those two sports would help compliment each other...constant footwork and conditioning.
Fly Like a Duck,
Got to disagree with you on the atmosphere thing. I love Clay County's, Johnson Centrals, Hazards, and many other fields with tracks. I dont like the fans being around the field anyway. Causes to many problems most of the time. Land isnt abundant here in Perry County and we have to make the most out of what we have. A track would of been great up at the new football field. Also, the girls softball teams needs to have them a little clubhouse built on to the back of their dugout. That would keep them out of the football fieldhouse.
^^^If those places keep fans off the track altogether, I agree.

That's why I've always been a fan of the one sided stadiums like Highlands, Clay Co, etc...home team goes to the side with no bleachers/fans and the away with the crowd.
What if the soccer team takes the old field back, and gives the new one the football team.
When will pcc hire a coach????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jeff Norman maybe headed to Corbin with Coach Haddix
Rumor around Hazard is that Mike Whitaker is making a return to the mountains of Eastern Kentucky... Just heard it through the grapevine. Not sure how much water it holds.
So, is this job wide open?
Guys, this is Perry County Central High School the soccer program has always been better than the football program.
Give the soccer team the new field and the football team the old field.
or learn to work together. Other schools have the same program with their fields, get over it. Sounds like the football coaches and fans at Perry are babies.
Yea. I think the volleyball team ought to get the basketball gym too... Pcc needs to sign a contract with hazard to play at memorial... Or go play outside at the park on full court... As for Norman goin to Corbin, will NOT happen..
Socrates Wrote:Rumor around Hazard is that Mike Whitaker is making a return to the mountains of Eastern Kentucky... Just heard it through the grapevine. Not sure how much water it holds.

I will check in on this. :Cheerlead
Socrates Wrote:Rumor around Hazard is that Mike Whitaker is making a return to the mountains of Eastern Kentucky... Just heard it through the grapevine. Not sure how much water it holds.

Not good for Perry. :lmao:
UK#24 Wrote:Guys, this is Perry County Central High School the soccer program has always been better than the football program.
or learn to work together. Other schools have the same program with their fields, get over it. Sounds like the football coaches and fans at Perry are babies.

No disrespect by this, but literally and figuratively, "Who cares?"

Who in Perry Central outside the 100 people at max that come to their games really care? A lot of guys sitting around the coffee shops on Tuesday morning talking about that heated soccer battle later that night vs. Jackson City, huh? A big rallying cry for the county.

I know schools where the Speech team has more success than any of the sports teams (which says something about the Speech team, bc the athetic program is pretty dang strong across the board), and those few who it means something to make it out to be more than what it is...and, get upset that it's not in the eyes of many..

I agree they should find a way to share, but I've never been one who has shyed away from stating who the alpha dogs were in the eyes of the community, and those other extracurriculars that are great in their own right...but, lets just be honest with ourselves in terms of those that give a flip and those that do.
bcpc Wrote:Yea. I think the volleyball team ought to get the basketball gym too... Pcc needs to sign a contract with hazard to play at memorial... Or go play outside at the park on full court... As for Norman goin to Corbin, will NOT happen..

Coach Haddix sent out an email through the listerv this morning saying that Corbin was looking for coaches, that he wasn't for sure about teaching positions and to email him.

Jeff Norman wrote back saying he'd love to come to Corbin if Coach Haddix could work it out.

If you need me too I can screenshot or copy and paste everything.
UK#24 Wrote:Guys, this is Perry County Central High School the soccer program has always been better than the football program.

What program would that be? As Ron White would say "you can't fix stupid".
Strikeout King Wrote:Coach Haddix sent out an email through the listerv this morning saying that Corbin was looking for coaches, that he wasn't for sure about teaching positions and to email him.

Jeff Norman wrote back saying he'd love to come to Corbin if Coach Haddix could work it out.

Does that make the Perry Co school mad or glad knowing he wants to leave,says alot to the kids too.
former Wrote:Does that make the Perry Co school mad or glad knowing he wants to leave,says alot to the kids too.
Rumor has it, he was not going to be hired back, so I would say he was only looking for a job. Can't blame him for looking!
Strikeout King Wrote:Coach Haddix sent out an email through the listerv this morning saying that Corbin was looking for coaches, that he wasn't for sure about teaching positions and to email him.

I would recommend that we leave people's emails off of here lol
Well let's see, how many coaches can turn down the PCC job before they find the right fit? I believe Coach Dixon, Halcomb, Chapman, Beader, Chapel, and now Moore have all regretfully turned down the Commodores. Looks like they are going to have to hire someone from within.
zaga_fan Wrote:I would recommend that we leave people's emails off of here lol

Oh I'm going too, I was just gonna get everything else and leave those off.
It wasnt a private email was it, I think it was a email on a forum so its fair game I would think. If you dont want it known then dont put it out there for all to see.
former Wrote:It wasnt a private email was it, I think it was a email on a forum so its fair game I would think. If you dont want it known then dont put it out there for all to see.

It was sent out on the listserv for all Kentucky High School coaches at least two weeks ago, and thenNorman responded to the message so it could be seen by everyone on the listserv. He did this on accident, well, I am assuming he did it on accident. Maybe disgruntled and wanting to let everyone know about it....
People who are subscribed to the listerv are the only ones that can see things that's sent out by coaches through the listerv.
zaga_fan Wrote:I would recommend that we leave people's emails off of here lol

RunItUpTheGut could edited it. He's good at that kind of stuff. :truestory:
I will clear this up right now. I did respond to Coach Haddix's email about coaching. Hes a great coach and I along with the rest of the county have to work. Everyone at Perry knows that!! If I can stay here. I want to. If not, I'm not going to go on welfare and draw a check! I will work somewhere!
Does that mean Perry Cent is looking for all new coaches or keeping what they got?
Don't think Norman was the only one that was told he wasn't being hired back? So looks like they are going for a whole new staff.
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next