Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 8 Tates Creek 4
KHSAA Blue Wrote:I'm still around....BTW. do you have any salt for this bird that I'm getting ready to eat?? :igiveup: Congratulations to JC's baseball team, coaches, and administration....winning a game like this couldn't happen to a better bunch of guys... And, if you've seen the movie RED2, you'll recognize the following quote, "No, I didn't see that one coming". :biggrin: You may not believe this but FWIW, I'm very glad that I was so wrong. Mountain teams showed up better than I expected The 13th and 14th region won their first round games also and only Boyd Co. got buzzsawed. If JC does not win state, I hope one of them does.

BTW, I hate to say this after the slice of humble pie you just offered up,............ But, "I TOLD YOU SO"...Thanks for the opportunity to add just one more example to the list of stories I told you about the other day!!!
I think it's time for the mountain teams to gain some respect from the rest of the state. Being from the 15th, I know we don't get any respect but the majority of the teams representing this region the last 5-7 years have came back home with a win under their belt at the state tourney.
Heck of a game by Johnson Central tonight. The bats were alive and pitching and defense was tremendous. We took advantage of all Tates Creeks mishaps tonight whether it be defensive miscues or their base running mistakes. Chaynse's DP ball was huge in this game. I believe it took out all of their late momentum and Zac Slone came up big gunning the kid out at third base in the last inning. A lot of young guys stepped up for this team tonight as well as Tate Meade threw great in middle relief and Austin Davis had a big 2 run double in the 5th inning. Blanton, Meade, and Ward all threw the ball great. Hit their spots and did well at keeping their composure . Each one also lit up the radar tonight as they all hit 84-85 and Ward topped out at 87.
Best of luck Thursday night boys! Y'all beat #1, now its time to take down #2
Why couldn't we have this kind of year in athletics when I was in school......

I'm probably more excited now than what I would be if I was in school.... The players on the team now, I've seen all of them grow up season by season. My man Blake Gamble behind the plate and Juwan Mays at third base, Geordon Blanton at Short Stop and one of the best ever JC athletes in history at center field, Jordan Ray Young. For the 8th grader, Tate Meade to come in and pitch like he did is incredible. Other teams had better be glad baseball is not a sport where it involves impact every play. With the 3 All-State wrestlers and one of the hardest hitters on the football field in JC's history, Quade Ward on the mound... it would be a massacre!

The Blanton Brothers (Adam, Justin and Seth) from JC all have played in JC's three state baseball tournament appearances. Their dad played on the 1975 15th regional championship team. So I'm sure there's no smack talking at Thanksgiving, lol.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Big congrats to JC. Way to represent the 15th boys. Good luck the rest of the way.
Skimps Wrote:I think it's time for the mountain teams to gain some respect from the rest of the state. Being from the 15th, I know we don't get any respect but the majority of the teams representing this region the last 5-7 years have came back home with a win under their belt at the state tourney.
Heck of a game by Johnson Central tonight. The bats were alive and pitching and defense was tremendous. We took advantage of all Tates Creeks mishaps tonight whether it be defensive miscues or their base running mistakes. Chaynse's DP ball was huge in this game. I believe it took out all of their late momentum and Zac Slone came up big gunning the kid out at third base in the last inning. A lot of young guys stepped up for this team tonight as well as Tate Meade threw great in middle relief and Austin Davis had a big 2 run double in the 5th inning. Blanton, Meade, and Ward all threw the ball great. Hit their spots and did well at keeping their composure . Each one also lit up the radar tonight as they all hit 84-85 and Ward topped out at 87.
Best of luck Thursday night boys! Y'all beat #1, now its time to take down #2

This is the second straight game were Zac has gunned a runner down in crucial points in the game...
Great game...didn't see it but did listen. The toughest game to win is usually the first. It takes some time to get your feet under you, get the nerves settled and get relaxed. Take them one game at a time and if you get to the final four then its any ones tournament to win, but most of all enjoy the moment.

Remember is always takes a little luck to win these things and I've always said when playing for a State Championship, I'd rather be lucky than good. I got to see that first hand several years ago and as the years pass it becomes more true. One more thing, you make your own luck by being at the right spot at the right time.
Skimps Wrote:I think it's time for the mountain teams to gain some respect from the rest of the state. Being from the 15th, I know we don't get any respect but the majority of the teams representing this region the last 5-7 years have came back home with a win under their belt at the state tourney.
Heck of a game by Johnson Central tonight. The bats were alive and pitching and defense was tremendous. We took advantage of all Tates Creeks mishaps tonight whether it be defensive miscues or their base running mistakes. Chaynse's DP ball was huge in this game. I believe it took out all of their late momentum and Zac Slone came up big gunning the kid out at third base in the last inning. A lot of young guys stepped up for this team tonight as well as Tate Meade threw great in middle relief and Austin Davis had a big 2 run double in the 5th inning. Blanton, Meade, and Ward all threw the ball great. Hit their spots and did well at keeping their composure . Each one also lit up the radar tonight as they all hit 84-85 and Ward topped out at 87.Best of luck Thursday night boys! Y'all beat #1, now its time to take down #2

Well as a fan of the JC program, I have to correct this Blanton and Meade hit 82 or 83 and were consistently 79-81 on the fastball. Both pitched a great game against a great TC offensive team. Ward did hit 85 on one pitch in the 7th with 2 outs but I think he was a little pumped up at the time. He stayed for the one inning in the 82/83 range. He also did a great job.

My point is post such as these are what makes the folks who were there disrespect your post altogether.

Great win for a great program and dont pay alot of attention to state rankings. TC was number 1 about all year and they are a great team, however most of the voters come from Lex/Lou/N KY area and the votes are heavily biased that way as they all vote for one another and probably didnt know the 15th region exists until about 8:30 last night. LOL

Congrats and lets get St. X next. What a bracket however with Lex and both Louiville regions all in the bottom half.
Commanche Wrote:Well as a fan of the JC program, I have to correct this Blanton and Meade hit 82 or 83 and were consistently 79-81 on the fastball. Both pitched a great game against a great TC offensive team. Ward did hit 85 on one pitch in the 7th with 2 outs but I think he was a little pumped up at the time. He stayed for the one inning in the 82/83 range. He also did a great job.

My point is post such as these are what makes the folks who were there disrespect your post altogether.

Great win for a great program and dont pay alot of attention to state rankings. TC was number 1 about all year and they are a great team, however most of the voters come from Lex/Lou/N KY area and the votes are heavily biased that way as they all vote for one another and probably didnt know the 15th region exists until about 8:30 last night. LOL

Congrats and lets get St. X next. What a bracket however with Lex and both Louiville regions all in the bottom half.

I love it!
Johnson Central and St. Xavier have one common opponent this season.

Newport Central Catholic

JC played NCC on 4-11 @ Holy Cross (Covington). NCC won 8-9
St. Xavier played NCC on 3-15 at Home. St. Xavier won 10-0 in 5 innings
Congrats to the Eagles!!!
You don't beat the #1 team in the state by a good margin unless you are legit. Congrats JC!!!
Commanche Wrote:Well as a fan of the JC program, I have to correct this Blanton and Meade hit 82 or 83 and were consistently 79-81 on the fastball. Both pitched a great game against a great TC offensive team. Ward did hit 85 on one pitch in the 7th with 2 outs but I think he was a little pumped up at the time. He stayed for the one inning in the 82/83 range. He also did a great job.

I know what the board said and you are right. But you have to add three mph to every pitch. Something I've always been told.
But my mistake there as well, those were the speeds at which each topped out as, not what was being thrown consistently.
Skimps Wrote:I know what the board said and you are right. But you have to add three mph to every pitch. Something I've always been told.

I thought you could be referring to that however my understanding is that it now reads correctly. They have replaced the radar is what I was told. Last night it actually read correctly with a gun that I saw for several pitches. If you notice it is a different display than it was in the past.

No problem. All three pitched well.
Oh well I hadn't been informed that and I didn't notice that. But regardless, velocity doesn't really matter. It's just something that every pitcher worries about.. haha. As long as your hitting your spots, you can be extremely effective and that is what these boys did last night.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC uses a HUGE top of the 5th inning to get 5 runs across the plate to get the biggest win in the history of JC's baseball program.

This is our 2nd win ever in the state tournament!!!!

like the logo
I am thrilled for Johnson Central!! Congratulations Golden Eagles!!

It's a shame no games are played at Johnson Central! Pulp could've humiliated the entire opposing team's fans with his music!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:I am thrilled for Johnson Central!! Congratulations Golden Eagles!!

It's a shame no games are played at Johnson Central! Pulp could've humiliated the entire opposing team's fans with his music!
Confusednicker:

I'm glad you recognize greatness Granny Bear Big Grin

:Clap: :Thumbs: :thanks:

You can always tell by a teams/fans body language when you've got under their skin with a sound byte/clip.
Or when you can hear people laughing after a clip... they know it was the perfect clip for the situation..... It's all in good fun :headphone
I think JC is slowly coming around to be the dominate force in the 15th Region that I thought they could be in ALL sports.
region Wrote:I think JC is slowly coming around to be the dominate force in the 15th Region that I thought they could be in ALL sports.

Finally! It's a shame it's took us almost 50 years to get our act together.

There is no reason why JC isn't on the top of the 15th region in every sport. JC is a 4A school in a region dominated by 1A and 2A schools.

And I'm not saying that other schools don't have talent or good historic programs. Heck, Paintsville and Shelby Valley have won the Sweet 16 basketball tournament. Belfry and Pikeville both have 3 state football championships. Paintsville has a state baseball championship. And Sheldon Clark has 3 or 4 team state wrestling championships. But JC has never won a team state title in any KHSAA athletic event... well at least not yet we haven't.

But a 4A school, with 6 elementary schools and one of the best middle school feeder programs in the state, JC athletics should have been on this level since the 1970's.
It should be Johns Central, Belfry, and Pike Central battling it out every year.

You guys have quality coaches in your girls/boys basketball, baseball/softball, and football and it seems that you all are letting them coach and run their programs the way they see fit.

you probably have quality coaches in other sports too, I just do not know about them or hear as much.
These classifications for the 15th region are from the 2013-2014 school year.

1A
Allen Central
Pikeville
Paintsville
South Floyd
Phelps
Piarist School

2A
Betsy Layne
Prestonsburg
Shelby Valley

3A