Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region 2015
Lc will be better this year than last we only lost two players last year and we get cantrll back after he mist all of last year with tommy john surgery. We have cantrell, bailey, salyers, bowens, barger, coverdale for pitching I think you will also see keesee, and turner throw some innings this year. The core of their offense were all sophomores last year turner hit 431, l beleave keesee hit 411 and lead the team walks, stolen bases from the leadoff spot, coverdale hit the ball well towards the last half of thr season. Lambert is solid, they really don't have any weakness right now. They should have a easier road to the regionals moving out of the 57 district. Jc lost a lot of players last year I think it will be hard for them to repeat.
dawg fan Wrote:Lc will be better this year than last we only lost two players last year and we get cantrll back after he mist all of last year with tommy john surgery. We have cantrell, bailey, salyers, bowens, barger, coverdale for pitching I think you will also see keesee, and turner throw some innings this year. The core of their offense were all sophomores last year turner hit 431, l beleave keesee hit 411 and lead the team walks, stolen bases from the leadoff spot, coverdale hit the ball well towards the last half of thr season. Lambert is solid, they really don't have any weakness right now. They should have a easier road to the regionals moving out of the 57 district. Jc lost a lot of players last year I think it will be hard for them to repeat.

I would agree with you that LC is going to put a very good team on the field day in and day out. They may very well win the 15th Region. I only see 2 major weaknesses and I am not sure they can be corrected. First, is to play good day in day out consistence defense. (This includes C throwing out runners) Last year at times LC did not field the ball well. You will have many of the same fielders in the same position. But they will be a year older. Second, who do you have to replace the # 2 pitcher in the 15th region? When I look at your pitching “cantrell, bailey, salyers, bowens, barger, coverdale” the most skilled on of the list I would think is Bailey. Not sure he is ready to take on the # 1 & 2 forms JC and Paintsville. In addition, several teams will have good # 1 starter in the Region (Belfry, PCC, Prestonsburg & SC.) Pikeville and Allen Central will ben dangerous. So If I am correct you will have Paintsville, JC, LC, Belfry, PCC, SC, Pburg, Pikeville, and I about forgot East Ridge who will be contending for a regional title. This should be a good year in the 15th.
Eagle84 Wrote:I would agree with you that LC is going to put a very good team on the field day in and day out. They may very well win the 15th Region. I only see 2 major weaknesses and I am not sure they can be corrected. First, is to play good day in day out consistence defense. (This includes C throwing out runners) Last year at times LC did not field the ball well. You will have many of the same fielders in the same position. But they will be a year older. Second, who do you have to replace the # 2 pitcher in the 15th region? When I look at your pitching “cantrell, bailey, salyers, bowens, barger, coverdale” the most skilled on of the list I would think is Bailey. Not sure he is ready to take on the # 1 & 2 forms JC and Paintsville. In addition, several teams will have good # 1 starter in the Region (Belfry, PCC, Prestonsburg & SC.) Pikeville and Allen Central will ben dangerous. So If I am correct you will have Paintsville, JC, LC, Belfry, PCC, SC, Pburg, Pikeville, and I about forgot East Ridge who will be contending for a regional title. This should be a good year in the 15th.

I know I'm an Allen Central alum but AC returns the bulk of their team and bulk of their pitching and I think that puts them right there fighting for one of those spots in the top 4 of the region. I would expect them to be better than PCC, SC, Pikeville and Prestonsburg. At least on paper anyway. Guess we will see when the season starts. Good discussion, keep it going!
Joneslab Wrote:I know I'm an Allen Central alum but AC returns the bulk of their team and bulk of their pitching and I think that puts them right there fighting for one of those spots in the top 4 of the region. I would expect them to be better than PCC, SC, Pikeville and Prestonsburg. At least on paper anyway. Guess we will see when the season starts. Good discussion, keep it going!

You are correct I forgot AC they will be in the mix. I just saying several teams as one very good starter back. AC will have a solid team from top to bottom.
It seems LC has a pattern with Tommy John Surgery? Is that just coincidence?

As for the region, it doesn't seem like anyone in the region is going to have the staff that the Johnson County teams will have top to bottom? They may have one that can match up on a given day, but when you take three games to win a region, it is usually the team that has those back end pitchers the others don't have? You may have a pitcher that can get you an opening round win, but then what? You have to play another winner in the next round, and with as even as most of the teams are, pitching will win it this year. LC had a good shut down pitcher last year, but now they have no one to step in that role consistently. I think Johnson County will end up playing each other in the finals and whomever gets a couple runs across will take it.
I don't think both johnson co teams will be there one will most likly magoffin co and I think sheldon clark will beat the other. Just don't know which one.
dawg fan Wrote:I don't think both johnson co teams will be there one will most likly magoffin co and I think sheldon clark will beat the other. Just don't know which one.

Unless an act from God happens, I don't see anyone other than Paintsville and JC coming out of the 57th? Whoever can improve the most offensively will most likely win it? Their pitching is just too good for Magoffin or Sheldon Clark to contend with.
I was under the impression that johnson central was a senior heavy team last year something like 6 or 7 starting and about 9 or 10 on the team. If so that is a lot to loose.
dawg fan Wrote:I was under the impression that johnson central was a senior heavy team last year something like 6 or 7 starting and about 9 or 10 on the team. If so that is a lot to loose.

I agree but if you have players to replace them with, it really doesn't matter. Pitching has always dominated that region, and if those two teams' pitching staffs live up to potential it should be them both representing the district in region?
I just thought if they had better players on the bench than the seniors that were playing they would have been on the field. In most cases when a team graduates a large group of seniors that are starters there is a drop off for a year or so just because the lack of experience. And I don't care who you are you can't when if you can't score runs. This was the problem with pikeville last when hamilton was on the mound, great pitcher no run support. I think lc has 3 pitchers that can pitch with anyone in the region. And a couple more that can give you 4 or 5 good innings. Bowens a lefty beat hazard at hazard last year in his 1st start as a freshman. Wallen was a dominate pitcher and lc road him but he was near all they had. Lc just had some injuries at the pitching spot. With out paintsville and lc return the most talent in the region.
dawg fan Wrote:I just thought if they had better players on the bench than the seniors that were playing they would have been on the field. In most cases when a team graduates a large group of seniors that are starters there is a drop off for a year or so just because the lack of experience. And I don't care who you are you can't when if you can't score runs. This was the problem with pikeville last when hamilton was on the mound, great pitcher no run support. I think lc has 3 pitchers that can pitch with anyone in the region. And a couple more that can give you 4 or 5 good innings. Bowens a lefty beat hazard at hazard last year in his 1st start as a freshman. Wallen was a dominate pitcher and lc road him but he was near all they had. Lc just had some injuries at the pitching spot. With out paintsville and lc return the most talent in the region.

So you think LC has a better pitching staff than JC?
Top 3 just as good but lc can put more talented players on the field and so can paintsville than jc can. Lc was very young last year, coverdal 1st base, turner 2nd base, keesee ss, bailey lf, miller c, berry rf, all sophamores last year, lambert in center jr. They get cantrell back that is a very good line-up. They took that line up to pikeville over the summer and it was 22 to 3 after 5 innings lc. Turner is most likely the best hitter in the reigion and kash daniels is probably the most dangerous. The only position jc might have an advantage at is catcher I really like the young kid jc has behind the plate. You can have all the pitching in the world if you can't scores you can't when. When you get to the regionals there are not many teams that can't hit a 85 mile per hour fastball. Its those 75 mph breaking pitches the have trouble with.
:yawn:
dawg fan Wrote:Top 3 just as good but lc can put more talented players on the field and so can paintsville than jc can. Lc was very young last year, coverdal 1st base, turner 2nd base, keesee ss, bailey lf, miller c, berry rf, all sophamores last year, lambert in center jr. They get cantrell back that is a very good line-up. They took that line up to pikeville over the summer and it was 22 to 3 after 5 innings lc. Turner is most likely the best hitter in the reigion and kash daniels is probably the most dangerous. The only position jc might have an advantage at is catcher I really like the young kid jc has behind the plate. You can have all the pitching in the world if you can't scores you can't when. When you get to the regionals there are not many teams that can't hit a 85 mile per hour fastball. Its those 75 mph breaking pitches the have trouble with.

There may be two or three teams that can compete offensively with 85, but the majority of the 15th region won't touch it.

I'm really having a hard time understanding which top 3 from LC that you think is as good as JC's staff? Unless something has drastically changed, LC barely has anyone that can touch 80 mph consistently? I hope they do because I'd love to see it really competitive this year?

Also, Turner being the "best hitter" in the region is a huge exaggerated statement. I'm not even so sure he's in the top 5?

Like I said I'd love it for all of that to be the case because there's a chance now with the way the districts are that the best teams will all be in the region tournament. How many years was it where the three best teams were in the 57th and only two went to the region?

I'm not that familiar with the LC bunch. I know a few of the better players and have seen them, but as far as the pitching staff goes, I'm having a hard time with that being realistic?

Not to change the subject, but how many players has LC had that have ended up missing a lot of the year because of injury over the past 5 or 6 years? I know of three, but I didn't know if there were more that I wasn't aware of?
Not many chandler missed pitching but he still played, obrian was out due acl durning football, cantrell missed last year with tommy john.
I think you are confusing pitching with throwing. I don't think you have to throw 85 mph in high school to be effective wallen only threw high 70 to low 80 but had great control. Hamilton was throwing low 90 to high 80 but lc still beat them in the regionals. I watched one of jc pitchers last summer in the sophamore showcase in Lexington he pitched a couple of innings and never did hit 80 on the scouts radar gun. I always here about all these pitchers throwing 85 but you never see it during the season.
In high school walkes and errors will win and lose you more games than a 85 mph pitcher. And if you can name 5 better hitters than turner I would love to hear it.
dawg fan Wrote:Not many chandler missed pitching but he still played, obrian was out due acl durning football, cantrell missed last year with tommy john.
I think you are confusing pitching with throwing. I don't think you have to throw 85 mph in high school to be effective wallen only threw high 70 to low 80 but had great control. Hamilton was throwing low 90 to high 80 but lc still beat them in the regionals. I watched one of jc pitchers last summer in the sophamore showcase in Lexington he pitched a couple of innings and never did hit 80 on the scouts radar gun. I always here about all these pitchers throwing 85 but you never see it during the season.

DO WHAT????

Lets try this:
Michaels
Chandler Shepherd
Cody Moore
Sam Burton
Cantrell

You might have beat Hamilton, but you sure as heck couldn't hit him..He gave up what 2 hits? What you got, he gave up with walks.

If 85 is so easy to hit, how come LC couldn't hit 81-83 in the regional finals. Or during the whole regular season for that matter.
dawg fan Wrote:Not many chandler missed pitching but he still played, obrian was out due acl durning football, cantrell missed last year with tommy john.

Other than Hamilton you might have had someone else hit it once or twice the whole season last year in the 15th. It will be different this season...There will be at least 7 just on JC and Paintsville alone that will hit it..Mark that one down.
I thought they've had quite a few injuries? The Shepherd kid didn't have a chance to get through high school without Tommy John. Once you start throwing a kid in 7th grade that hasn't fully developed physically and is still growing, and he is throwing 100 or more pitches a week off the mound from March until late fall, he's going to have problems. There needs to be a better system to protect these kids from things of that nature.

I get that the 15th region doesn't have many that throw hard, and all the ones that do happen to be on two teams in the same district. LC doesn't have the pitching staff to be competitive with them. Even if the Cantrall kid does start pitching, it could take him the full season before he's throwing at max velocity again? I hope they were smarter in the rehab with him than they were throwing him? I'd hate to see another Lawrence County kid have his sports career tampered with because his best interest are not being thought of? I would rather give up an extra 10 losses a year if it meant prolonging a kid's career.
In reality, over 40% of kids under the age of 18 that have tommy john surgery are not playing two years after. The kids involved in this study were all kids that had scholarship offers to play somewhere and some draft picks.

In every single case these kids started throwing off mounds for their varsity team while still in middle school, and on every case the doctor issued statements that blamed overuse as the cause. That falls directly on the coaching staff.
Bob Seger Wrote:
DO WHAT????

Lets try this:
Michaels
Chandler Shepherd
Cody Moore
Sam Burton
Cantrell

You might have beat Hamilton, but you sure as heck couldn't hit him..He gave up what 2 hits? What you got, he gave up with walks.

If 85 is so easy to hit, how come LC couldn't hit 81-83 in the regional finals. Or during the whole regular season for that matter.

First off, the 1B for LC had 4 hits against Hamilton by himself. Go look at the books. Three of them were frozen ropes. One was in infield single. Then there were at least 2 other hits that they had.

As for the LC pitching staff, Moore never was mid 80's. Neither was Cantrell. Burton was 82-85 at his best, even though many liked to say he was higher than that. I agree that the LC pitching staff will not be as talented as the JC staff. But, that JC staff has had some major control problems in their past have they not? That has to be a concern for you all. So in a way, the LC pitchers may not throw 80+ but the JC pitchers have the potential of walking themselves in to trouble. My opinion the hitting will determine who wins the region. The LC hitters will be really good. They've all seen 80-85 mph before, several times. And they've hit it. Doesn't mean they'll go 4-4, but don't expect them to sit there in awe of the JC pitchers. They weren't last year. Same as JC wasn't when they faced Shepherd.

Personally I hope that LC, JC, and Paintsville can all make it to the region this year and every year. That will help the number of quality teams every year and make for a great regional tourney.
baseball1974 Wrote:I thought they've had quite a few injuries? The Shepherd kid didn't have a chance to get through high school without Tommy John. Once you start throwing a kid in 7th grade that hasn't fully developed physically and is still growing, and he is throwing 100 or more pitches a week off the mound from March until late fall, he's going to have problems. There needs to be a better system to protect these kids from things of that nature.

I get that the 15th region doesn't have many that throw hard, and all the ones that do happen to be on two teams in the same district. LC doesn't have the pitching staff to be competitive with them. Even if the Cantrall kid does start pitching, it could take him the full season before he's throwing at max velocity again? I hope they were smarter in the rehab with him than they were throwing him? I'd hate to see another Lawrence County kid have his sports career tampered with because his best interest are not being thought of? I would rather give up an extra 10 losses a year if it meant prolonging a kid's career.

You have NO CLUE what you are talking about so please stop. As a 7th and 8th grader, Shepherd did NOT throw 100 pitches each outing. Please stop lying. His injury occurred during the summer while he was pitching for the Midland team out of Ohio. The Cantrell injury had nothing to do with pitch counts either. He had maybe 30 innings of pitching under his belt before the injury. So, how is that "overpitching"? He never threw very hard anyways, maybe mid 70's.
dawgeers Wrote:First off, the 1B for LC had 4 hits against Hamilton by himself. Go look at the books. Three of them were frozen ropes. One was in infield single. Then there were at least 2 other hits that they had.

As for the LC pitching staff, Moore never was mid 80's. Neither was Cantrell. Burton was 82-85 at his best, even though many liked to say he was higher than that. I agree that the LC pitching staff will not be as talented as the JC staff. But, that JC staff has had some major control problems in their past have they not? That has to be a concern for you all. So in a way, the LC pitchers may not throw 80+ but the JC pitchers have the potential of walking themselves in to trouble. My opinion the hitting will determine who wins the region. The LC hitters will be really good. They've all seen 80-85 mph before, several times. And they've hit it. Doesn't mean they'll go 4-4, but don't expect them to sit there in awe of the JC pitchers. They weren't last year. Same as JC wasn't when they faced Shepherd.

Personally I hope that LC, JC, and Paintsville can all make it to the region this year and every year. That will help the number of quality teams every year and make for a great regional tourney.

Moore being mid 80's was never mentione, but he did have Tommy John. Same with Cantrell. Velocity may or may not even be the cause of torn UCL's or Labrums, and Rotator Cuffs. In the case of Shepherd I think it was a combination of overuse, too many curveballs , and not so great mechanics. And yes Burton his one year at Pikeville was mid to upper 80's. He wouldn't be at Walter's State if he hadn't have been.

The only problem I can ever remember as far as walks was the total meltdown in the district against SC...Can you name another incident? I cant. It for sure didn't happen last year.

All I know is after you went through LC's first 3 batters (Kazee, Turner, Coverdale) and Wallen (who at #4 was decent), it dropped off like a cliff. I don't know what happened to Cavins, but he had a horrible season. If you had better hitters than them in the bottom of the lineup, why weren't they playing then? Those are the ones that graduated too, so there is not much there to evaluate to say they have gotten so much better....Miller is the only one that comes to mind that could be an exception.

Didn't say they would be in awe, but for the last 2 seasons they sure didn't have much success, and it's the exact same ones coming back this year again. JC has won what, something like 9 out of the last ten games? Or something like that , again, with these exact same pitchers.
Bob Seger Wrote:Moore being mid 80's was never mentione, but he did have Tommy John. Same with Cantrell. Velocity may or may not even be the cause of torn UCL's or Labrums, and Rotator Cuffs. In the case of Shepherd I think it was a combination of overuse, too many curveballs , and not so great mechanics. And yes Burton his one year at Pikeville was mid to upper 80's. He wouldn't be at Walter's State if he hadn't have been.

The only problem I can ever remember as far as walks was the total meltdown in the district against SC...Can you name another incident? I cant. It for sure didn't happen last year.

All I know is after you went through LC's first 3 batters (Kazee, Turner, Coverdale) and Wallen (who at #4 was decent), it dropped off like a cliff. I don't know what happened to Cavins, but he had a horrible season. If you had better hitters than them in the bottom of the lineup, why weren't they playing then? Those are the ones that graduated too, so there is not much there to evaluate to say they have gotten so much better....Miller is the only one that comes to mind that could be an exception.

Didn't say they would be in awe, but for the last 2 seasons they sure didn't have much success, and it's the exact same ones coming back this year again. JC has won what, something like 9 out of the last ten games? Or something like that , again, with these exact same pitchers.

Cavins and Wallen graduated. Everyone else came back. You'll be surprised at some of the hitters. They developed this summer and fall. And Burton isn't at Walters State. He lasted only one year and never pitched there.

As for Cantrell, the guy was claiming that overpitching was a problem. That kid wasn't even a pitcher until his sophomore year. I bet he didn't have 30 innings that season, too. Tommy John injuries are just gonna happen. Innings and velocity don't matter.

It will be a fun tournament. Who knows who will win it. I'm not saying LC will. But you can't say JC will either. But to make it sound like JC will beat LC just because they have had success the past couple of years is, well, nonsense. Each year is different. Who know who gets injured. Who knows who steps up.
dawgeers Wrote:Cavins and Wallen graduated. Everyone else came back. You'll be surprised at some of the hitters. They developed this summer and fall. And Burton isn't at Walters State. He lasted only one year and never pitched there.

As for Cantrell, the guy was claiming that overpitching was a problem. That kid wasn't even a pitcher until his sophomore year. I bet he didn't have 30 innings that season, too. Tommy John injuries are just gonna happen. Innings and velocity don't matter.

It will be a fun tournament. Who knows who will win it. I'm not saying LC will. But you can't say JC will either. But to make it sound like JC will beat LC just because they have had success the past couple of years is, well, nonsense. Each year is different. Who know who gets injured. Who knows who steps up.
But he did go there, and 82-83 on the gun wont get you invited to go there.

And as for Cantrell, he was the everyday catcher ,and I don't care who tells you what, pitching and catching every day, DONT MIX...That in it's self is over use, IMO. And as far as your bolded statement, that's just pure ignorance. You acted like you had a little sense about you until you made that statement...Why do you think college and pro teams have a shut down period and limited innings for their pitchers when you combine the season with off season summer innings? Why do they have pitch counts? Why does the KHSAA have limits on innings per week and designated days of rest in between appearances if INNINGCS DONT MATTER? I am not believing anybody that professes to know anything about baseball would make such a ridiculous comment like that. For the sake of the LC players, I sure do hope you are not on the staff. If you are, that may speak volumes as to why there have been so many pitching injuries....If you don't believe me, ask one of the all time greats at Lawrence Co., Steve Blevins, about what he thinks about it...For the record, I know exactly what he thinks and KNOWS about it, and I can assure of one thing, it is in direct opposition to what you just said.

I sure didn't say JC would win anything...I have said all along that Paintsville will be a tough out for anyone, and as far as LC with a bat, I guess we will just have to wait and see...Offense has been their biggest downfall for the last 3-4 years. However IMO, it's gonna be JC and Paintsville on the hill this year, but as you said, barring all injuries.
Bob Seger Wrote:But he did go there, and 82-83 on the gun wont get you invited to go there.

And as for Cantrell, he was the everyday catcher ,and I don't care who tells you what, pitching and catching every day, DONT MIX...That in it's self is over use, IMO. And as far as your bolded statement, that's just pure ignorance. You acted like you had a little sense about you until you made that statement...Why do you think college and pro teams have a shut down period and limited innings for their pitchers when you combine the season with off season summer innings? Why do they have pitch counts? Why does the KHSAA have limits on innings per week and designated days of rest in between appearances if INNINGCS DONT MATTER? I am not believing anybody that professes to know anything about baseball would make a ridiculous comment like that. For the sake of the LC players, I sure hope you are not on the staff. If you are, that may speak volumes as to why there have been so many pitching injuries....If you don't believe me, ask one of the all time greats at Lawrence Co., Steve Blevins, about what he thinks about it...For the record, I know exactly what he thinks and KNOWS about it, and I can assure of one thing, it is in direct opposition to what you just said.

I sure didn't say JC would win anything...I have said all along that Paintsville will be a tough out for anyone, and as far as LC with a bat, I guess we will just have to wait and see...Offense has been their biggest downfall for the last 3-4 years. However IMO, it's gonna be JC and Paintsville on the hill this year, but as you said, barring all injuries.

Wow, again another Paintsville person who thinks they know it all about LC. The Cantrell kid was NOT the everyday catcher buddy. The Rice kid was the catcher. Cantrell played 1B, pitched, and DH. So, again, you don't know everything even though you like to say you do. I'm not on the staff. But I am a former player who still knows what's going on. More than you do. If innings mattered so much then how come a guy who had 30 innings had to have tommy john and another guy had 70 innings and didn't? It's a mixture of a lot of things. Strain on the elbow being the #1 problem. What causes the strain? Innings? Velocity? POOR mechanics? Combination? Bad luck?

You have no clue who I am. But I know you. The fact that you are allowed to chirp about how great JC and Paintsville is. Then people from LC can do the same about their program and you go nuts about it to the point where you love poking negatives towards them is beyond me. Just accept the fact that LC can have fans who think their KIDS are just as good as anyone else. But if we bring up the 2011 regional champs, or the ones before that, people are too quick to say "well take away Shepherd/Blevins and then what". Well, that's kind of what you are saying about JC. You are pumping their pitching up, that's sort of what wins things isn't it? Nothing wrong with bragging or pumping up your team on here, but allow others to do so as well. If it is in you to do so.
dawgeers Wrote:Wow, again another Paintsville person who thinks they know it all about LC. The Cantrell kid was NOT the everyday catcher buddy. The Rice kid was the catcher. Cantrell played 1B, pitched, and DH. So, again, you don't know everything even though you like to say you do. I'm not on the staff. But I am a former player who still knows what's going on. More than you do. If innings mattered so much then how come a guy who had 30 innings had to have tommy john and another guy had 70 innings and didn't? It's a mixture of a lot of things. Strain on the elbow being the #1 problem. What causes the strain? Innings? Velocity? POOR mechanics? Combination? Bad luck?

You have no clue who I am. But I know you. The fact that you are allowed to chirp about how great JC and Paintsville is. Then people from LC can do the same about their program and you go nuts about it to the point where you love poking negatives towards them is beyond me. Just accept the fact that LC can have fans who think their KIDS are just as good as anyone else. But if we bring up the 2011 regional champs, or the ones before that, people are too quick to say "well take away Shepherd/Blevins and then what". Well, that's kind of what you are saying about JC. You are pumping their pitching up, that's sort of what wins things isn't it? Nothing wrong with bragging or pumping up your team on here, but allow others to do so as well. If it is in you to do so.

Since you want to bring it up, just how many regional championships has LC won without a Blevins or a Shepherd anyways?????.......hmmmmmm....Probably around zero, huh? That about right?

Was Cantrell a catcher or not? You know as well as I do he was.

Part of the bolded I would say that all are or could be contributing factors, did I not mention some of that earlier? But it's still ridiculous to say that INNINGS DONT MATTER...Explain why so many injuries at LC, then? Just coincidence?

Go ahead and show me one post where I said the first thing negative about an LC pitcher? You wont find it junior, because I never did. So go change into your big boy panties and get over that one. Others may have challenged the thought but I never said one single thing about it. You sure are a sensitive little thing aint you?

As for the other bolded, and it's like I really give a tiddly toot about it either.:eyeroll:
I believe if I am not mistaken cantrell hurt his elbow throwing hay on a trailer durning the summer. He did not go get checked out untill spring practice started and that is when it was determined he would need surgery at some point he decided to do it then so he would still have his senior season. I would agree however that I feel like lc sometime overuse their pitchers. As for jc they have beaten lc pretty regularly over the last few years, but they have had good senior players playing freshman and sophamores for lc. You cannot tell me that you think jc jv team last year, could beat lc varsity or paintsvilles varsity which is what it amounts to this year. Lc and paintsville most everbody back and one or two back for jc. And remember lc should have a much easier path to the region last two years had to go through paintsville in paintsville just to get to the region.
dawg fan Wrote:I believe if I am not mistaken cantrell hurt his elbow throwing hay on a trailer durning the summer. He did not go get checked out untill spring practice started and that is when it was determined he would need surgery at some point he decided to do it then so he would still have his senior season. I would agree however that I feel like lc sometime overuse their pitchers. As for jc they have beaten lc pretty regularly over the last few years, but they have had good senior players playing freshman and sophamores for lc. You cannot tell me that you think jc jv team last year, could beat lc varsity or paintsvilles varsity which is what it amounts to this year. Lc and paintsville most everbody back and one or two back for jc. And remember lc should have a much easier path to the region last two years had to go through paintsville in paintsville just to get to the region.

Do you not realize that JC started 2 8th graders and 2 freshman last year too?...And guess what we will have another freshman, besides Meade that will be topping 80 as well, and a soph , that will be hovering around it as well, and they haven't even been mentioned....How many of the seniors bats did we loose anyways that were major?? Just two, and that was Young and Mays.. That's it..Hill came up big in the post season, but nobody knew where he has been for the last two seasons..Everybody else lost was just part time here and there players.
Seger you act like jc mercy ruled lc or something if I remember that was a 2-1 score. Jc done well last year and represented the 15th well, but that was last year most of jc starters are gone lc and paintsville are almost all returning. Unless jc has gotten a bunch of transfers or does like the football team and schedule only cupcakes it will be an average year for jc.