Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Pitchers in the 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th,
WideRight05 Wrote:There is definitely something in the water over there. How come all the LC fans struggle to spell?

A little brown on that nose there Widey :biglmao: Just saying Confusednicker:
Not to mention something white in the corner of your mouth Confusednicker:
Hummmmmmm......... Seger, the more I watch and learn, the dumber I get! I guess objectivity don't exist in baseball. I thought I left that stuff at his 12 year old season! Oh well, we shall see!!!!!!!!!! HAHA!
Bob Seger Wrote:Pretty obvious that there is an extreme bias here, stitch....lol..You have a team that finished 3rd in the district standings, and they are claimed to have 5 of the top 7 pitchers in the whole district? Then you have a team who won 30 games, made the elite 8, knocks off the #1 team in the state, forces the #3 team and eventual state champ to have to come from behind to win, has the entire starting rotation back, and they can only place one pitcher on that entire list? Got me scratching my head too....How about another hmmmmm, on that one?

You hit the nail on the head about the extreme bias on here, however, you drove it into your own foot with your extremely detailed depiction of one pitchers career, and I am sure you have watched each and every one of his games. That is fantastic. My "list" is based upon games that I have watched. Granted I am sending out some props to the pitching staff that I follow and root for. I am not going by what I have read, heard, or viewed in a box score. When a pitcher gets the hook early in a game, that is rocked to me. I have seen it happen to some on my "list", but I just so happen to have watched them perform at a very high level as the norm.
lol..............

Ah, Little League will never die...The silly season where you hate your own brother's kid because he beat my kid is just around the corner...You hang in there "coach", it'll be here before you know it.:Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote:lol..............

Ah, Little League will never die...The silly season where you hate your own brother's kid because he beat my kid is just around the corner...You hang in there "coach", it'll be here before you know it.:Clap:

That thin skin just isn't quite enough to cover the chip on your shoulder.
Apologies for mixing metaphors...
Old Ball Coach Wrote:You hit the nail on the head about the extreme bias on here, however, you drove it into your own foot with your extremely detailed depiction of one pitchers career, and I am sure you have watched each and every one of his games. That is fantastic. My "list" is based upon games that I have watched. Granted I am sending out some props to the pitching staff that I follow and root for. I am not going by what I have read, heard, or viewed in a box score. When a pitcher gets the hook early in a game, that is rocked to me. I have seen it happen to some on my "list", but I just so happen to have watched them perform at a very high level as the norm.

BTW,

Outside of the 57th district schedule against who? Phelps? South Floyd? Cordia? That's been pretty much been the bulk of the schedule, right.....lol

I mentioned I am a huge fan of the kids you mentioned, but why demean other kids who have not only beaten those kids, but have beaten them badly and in dominating fashion several times? If one were gloating and "rubbing it in" I could see your mentality, perhaps, but that has been far from the case. I'm just not understanding the childishness of it, I guess.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:That thin skin just isn't quite enough to cover the chip on your shoulder.
Apologies for mixing metaphors...

Chip???? Confusednicker: Say What!!!! I have praised your kids to no end, and I will continue to do so, simply because they are great kids and good players, and credits to their school, community and churches...That's right , I said "churches"...That is the highest honor I can give your kids , coach!!! .

Our kids went to the elite 8, and I do nothing but build your kids up to a lofty level?...I know most of the kids and their parents, and the coaching staff and think very highly of all of them .And I'm the one that's got a "Chip"???..Trying to figure out your rationale there "coach".....Seems like it's the total opposite here, on your part....Perhaps growing up a little bit, is in order of being mentioned here. Ya think?
Bob Seger Wrote:Chip???? Confusednicker: Say What!!!! I have praised your kids to no end, and I will continue to do so, simply because they are great kids and good players, and credits to their school, community and churches...That's right , I said "churches"...That is the highest honor I can give your kids , coach!!! .

Our kids went to the elite 8, and I do nothing but build your kids up to a lofty level?...I know most of the kids and their parents, and the coaching staff and think very highly of all of them .And I'm the one that's got a "Chip"???..Trying to figure out your rationale there "coach".....Seems like it's the total opposite here, on your part....Perhaps growing up a little bit, is in order of being mentioned here. Ya think?

Just observations from a few ball games I have watched...not offering any generalization on any other aspect of life or baseball. I have praised the good performances I have witnessed on the field by any kid on any team. Not once have I stated anything even remotely demeaning about any kid, nor will I ever.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:Just observations from a few ball games I have watched...not offering any generalization on any other aspect of life or baseball. I have praised the good performances I have witnessed on the field by any kid on any team. Not once have I stated anything even remotely demeaning about any kid, nor will I ever.

That apparently is the probably the case here, and the issue at hand. Perhaps seeing a few more of them might enlighten you on several things. Is this your way of admitting that you may not have much first hand knowledge of what you may be talking about?

I will say this, if you go back and read your post history, you see nothing but griping, complaining and trashing anyone and everything about an opponent of Paintsville and even trashing your own schools facilities and the such. I don't recall one positive comment on anything.....period. Are we seeing a pattern here? Check it out "coach", and see if that's not about the way it's been. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt however, you may very well have a second account where you have done as you claim and we just don't realize that it's you.

Have a good day there "coach". I'm done!!
Bob Seger Wrote:That apparently is the probably the case here, and the issue at hand. Perhaps seeing a few more of them might enlighten you on several things. Is this your way of admitting that you may not have much first hand knowledge of what you may be talking about?

I will say this, if you go back and read your post history, you see nothing but griping, complaining and trashing anyone and everything about an opponent of Paintsville and even trashing your own schools facilities and the such. I don't recall one positive comment on anything.....period. Are we seeing a pattern here? Check it out "coach", and see if that's not about the way it's been. I'll give you the benefit of a doubt however, you may very well have a second account where you have done as you claim and we just don't realize that it's you.

Have a good day there "coach". I'm done!!

:Sad04::biglmao::thanks:
Didn't know we were talking about my gripes about other topics, and I have had many. True. Once again, on this particular thread, I am only stating observations about a handful of ball games I have watched in person. No more, no less. No split personality here.
Old Ball Coach Wrote::Sad04::biglmao::thanks:
Didn't know we were talking about my gripes about other topics, and I have had many. True. Once again, on this particular thread, I am only stating observations about a handful of ball games I have watched in person. No more, no less. No split personality here.

What it does do "coach" is pretty much exemplify the location of that proverbial "chip" that you speak of. But hey, a big thanks for the ultimate example of what I was talking about....Handful is pretty much the key word that sums it all up......Much thanks for the confirmation.Confusednicker:

Like I said, LL season is just around the corner, have yourself a blast this spring. It should be a great one....:biggrin:

Once again, have a good'en, and good luck to the boys in blue next year. They are indeed a formidable opponent.
This guy just cannot handle that I will only base any comment on games that I have actually watched, and that I just so happen to have watched one evidently very good young hurler have two bad outings. But, those are the only two outings of his I have witnessed. Never ever made a negative comment about any young man...ever. This guy simply can't stand that for some reason. The name calling, red herrings and accusations are comical. My "handful" of games is only a handful compared on a very large scale of all the games played. I have attended probably 75 games over the course of the past 3 seasons. No chips, split personality, or axes to grind here...just observation. "Roll Me Away" cause I am "Like A Rock." LMBO.
Old Ball Coach Wrote:This guy just cannot handle that I will only base any comment on games that I have actually watched, and that I just so happen to have watched one evidently very good young hurler have two bad outings. But, those are the only two outings of his I have witnessed. Never ever made a negative comment about any young man...ever. This guy simply can't stand that for some reason. The name calling, red herrings and accusations are comical. My "handful" of games is only a handful compared on a very large scale of all the games played. I have attended probably 75 games over the course of the past 3 seasons. No chips, split personality, or axes to grind here...just observation. "Roll Me Away" cause I am "Like A Rock." LMBO.
You are going to drive yourself nuts worrying about this. Get a grip and let it go man.It's no big deal

Lets try this one more time. Try to have yourself a great day "coach". I know I'm going to. Ya see I'm going to Katmandu.TongueirateSho
Old Ball Coach Wrote:This guy just cannot handle that I will only base any comment on games that I have actually watched, and that I just so happen to have watched one evidently very good young hurler have two bad outings. But, those are the only two outings of his I have witnessed. Never ever made a negative comment about any young man...ever. This guy simply can't stand that for some reason. The name calling, red herrings and accusations are comical. My "handful" of games is only a handful compared on a very large scale of all the games played. I have attended probably 75 games over the course of the past 3 seasons. No chips, split personality, or axes to grind here...just observation. "Roll Me Away" cause I am "Like A Rock." LMBO.

You might as well give it up. Nobody is allowed to have an opinion unless Bob approves. That's how it is on here. He can stalk people as much as he wants. He can ridicule people for their opinions. But if the shoe is on the other foot, he gets that poster banished from this site. Remember, he's "unbiased" on his thoughts. That's why he says that LC is the #3 team in the 60th and Belfry is #1, even though LC has lost to them once in 8 years....Confusednicker: Again, "unbiased" opinion.
dawgeers Wrote:You might as well give it up. Nobody is allowed to have an opinion unless Bob approves. That's how it is on here. He can stalk people as much as he wants. He can ridicule people for their opinions. But if the shoe is on the other foot, he gets that poster banished from this site. Remember, he's "unbiased" on his thoughts. That's why he says that LC is the #3 team in the 60th and Belfry is #1, even though LC has lost to them once in 8 years....Confusednicker: Again, "unbiased" opinion.

lol...You tell em LCHSalumnus...:Thumbs:

Confusednicker:
Come on Seger, LCHSalumnus? or Dawgeers? I'm sooooo confused! Oh wait, do I need 5-6 different screen names? Sheeewwww! I will learn, maybe! As the world turns, so do the days of our lives!
108 Stitches Wrote:Come on Seger, LCHSalumnus? or Dawgeers? I'm sooooo confused! Oh wait, do I need 5-6 different screen names? Sheeewwww! I will learn, maybe! As the world turns, so do the days of our lives!

Those multiple accounts are a must. That way it looks like someone is agreeing with you.
108 Stitches Wrote:Come on Seger, LCHSalumnus? or Dawgeers? I'm sooooo confused! Oh wait, do I need 5-6 different screen names? Sheeewwww! I will learn, maybe! As the world turns, so do the days of our lives!

Yeah, you try to say nice things about Lawrence Co. and what do you get? Heartache. That's what you get.

Yep, with Dawgeers , er I mean LCHSalumnus, or whoever else he is this week, it's just like sands through an hourglass.
Bob Seger Wrote:BTW,

Outside of the 57th district schedule against who? Phelps? South Floyd? Cordia? That's been pretty much been the bulk of the schedule, right.....lol

I mentioned I am a huge fan of the kids you mentioned, but why demean other kids who have not only beaten those kids, but have beaten them badly and in dominating fashion several times? If one were gloating and "rubbing it in" I could see your mentality, perhaps, but that has been far from the case. I'm just not understanding the childishness of it, I guess.

OK..Bob...gonna disagree with you on this one.
We played none of those teams last season. We played the Boyds, Pikevilles, St. Marys, Beechwoods...Hazard. Tougher than the year before. But, the year before we were flat loaded with very young first year starters. Which we needed a weeker schedule to give some of those kids confidence. Which it paid off last season.

Yes...we do have Cordial (????) On our schedule this season. Don't ask me why...lol.
I tell ya one game I do miss though. Huntington High. Class Act bunch and very competitive. Wish would get them back on schedule.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It amazes me that those who have played less, and witness less, want to do the most analyzing and jabbering!!!
Update on Andrew Rice from Paintsville.
Took park in EKU Showcase a couple weeks ago. Throwed 1 inning facing 5 batters and striking out 5 batters. Stayed at 84 with his fastball in cold conditions.

Yes it was 5 outs per inning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Update on Andrew Rice from Paintsville.
Took park in EKU Showcase a couple weeks ago. Throwed 1 inning facing 5 batters and striking out 5 batters. Stayed at 84 with his fastball in cold conditions.

Sounds good OTH, how did Miller and Phelps do since they are not in football?
OffTheHook Wrote:Update on Andrew Rice from Paintsville.

Good to here I love it when the small schools take on a beat the big schools, looks like as of now lc is going to open the season with paintsville. Good luck to the tigers, great group of kids up there.
^Paintsville opens up the day prior against pikeville.

TigerBlues Wrote:Sounds good OTH, how did Miller and Phelps do since they are not in football?

I don't think T. Miller went. As far as Phelps goes. He hasn't been released. He has an appointment on Dec. 29th to see if he will be ready for baseball.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Great news for Andrew. The exposure in the off-season will certainly help his recruitment for the next level, and it will give him an idea how he measures up with the other players his age throughout the state. Not to mention on top of a great summer from what I heard playing for Post 76. They have always played top notch competition (I may be slightly biased being an alum from the program).

I think it could be a strong season for Paintsville this year as well as Johnson Central. Pitching and defense are what wins you championships, and both schools sound like they'll have the ingredients for outstanding seasons.
Some of JC's schedule: Tates Creek twice, Lex Tournament: Butler, Henry Clay, LCA, Broughton's Classic is Bryan Station, Somerset, Montgomery Co, and a week in Georgia. Should be great competition heading in to the District. Some of the toughest will be local school as well!!!!!!! Spring can't get here soon enough!!!
108 Stitches Wrote:Some of JC's schedule: Tates Creek twice, Lex Tournament: Butler, Henry Clay, LCA, Broughton's Classic is Bryan Station, Somerset, Montgomery Co, and a week in Georgia. Should be great competition heading in to the District. Some of the toughest will be local school as well!!!!!!! Spring can't get here soon enough!!!

Should give the Golden Eagles a big advantage during the regular season and tournament time with that type of schedule.
108 Stitches Wrote:Some of JC's schedule: Tates Creek twice, Lex Tournament: Butler, Henry Clay, LCA, Broughton's Classic is Bryan Station, Somerset, Montgomery Co, and a week in Georgia. Should be great competition heading in to the District. Some of the toughest will be local school as well!!!!!!! Spring can't get here soon enough!!!

We will probably take some lumps with this lineup, but you have to give Coach Hall props for year in and year out playing the toughest schedule in the mountains..I don't think anyone else's is ever even close , especially when you throw Ashland, Boyd Co., Paintsville, and Lawrence Co. into the mix too. Coach Hall has never feared playing anyone and has never worried about padding his coaching record.....I am glad to see this schedule because this is what makes it fun...Thanks for posting it Stitch.
As the famous Ric Flair says, "To be the man, you got to beat the man." If we only have a .500 record going into Districts with a schedule like this we should be ready to rock and roll! It can only make the kids better to play this kind of schedule what ever the outcomes. Hope its a quick, warm winter!!!!!!!!!!