Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 Pitchers in the 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th,
id give it to powel in the 14th do to the amount of young talent they have coming up.
em boys is good, gon do big thing this year! powell county will put up some fights
powell gon do big things this year, em boys is good! lots of young talent amoungs them there youngins!:redboxer:TongueirateSho
Is this real or somebody trying to be funny?
baseball1974 Wrote:Is this real or somebody trying to be funny?

Lawrence Co. fan with a second (or third..:biggrinSmile account, perhaps?:popcorn:
Just glanced back at some of JC's stats from last year. Seems some are so worried that JC graduate so heavily that they will struggle this year. In the pitching department, they lost a combined 6 wins and 6 losses due to graduation. Out of a 31 win season, maybe, just maybe they can work real hard and make up for those six wins and convert a few of the 6 losses into wins! We shall see!!!
JC's 2015 Schedule! Looks to be really competitive schedule for the Eagles!!!!!!!!

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ba15/45639
108 Stitches Wrote:JC's 2015 Schedule! Looks to be really competitive schedule for the Eagles!!!!!!!!

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ba15/45639

Their last six games of the season are butler, Henry Clay, Lexington christian, letcher, Ashland, and Prestonsburg. Not too mention they play a good Bryan station team in the middle of April. He is basically sending a message to his team that he is expecting a deep run in the playoffs with this schedule. I remember Lawrence playing a similar schedule back when they were loaded and it helped them tremendously. That team was not afraid of anybody. Keeton did an excellent job that year with preparing that team and JC is doing the same this year. With so many games that you have to play against weaker competition, this type of schedule is an absolute must if you want to be able to compete in lexington. The difference is in 2008 there were three different teams in the same district that could have went to lexington and competed. So Lawrence got a lot of competition to play against that entire year. There was also still a section then too, so less teams at the big tournament. If JC can make it back, I think this schedule will help them become much more competitive and hopefully make a run.
baseball1974 Wrote:Their last six games of the season are butler, Henry Clay, Lexington christian, letcher, Ashland, and Prestonsburg. Not too mention they play a good Bryan station team in the middle of April. He is basically sending a message to his team that he is expecting a deep run in the playoffs with this schedule. I remember Lawrence playing a similar schedule back when they were loaded and it helped them tremendously. That team was not afraid of anybody. Keeton did an excellent job that year with preparing that team and JC is doing the same this year. With so many games that you have to play against weaker competition, this type of schedule is an absolute must if you want to be able to compete in lexington. The difference is in 2008 there were three different teams in the same district that could have went to lexington and competed. So Lawrence got a lot of competition to play against that entire year. There was also still a section then too, so less teams at the big tournament. If JC can make it back, I think this schedule will help them become much more competitive and hopefully make a run.
And Cabell Midland is usually one of the strongest teams in West Virginia as well.

From what I understand there are also 2 games to be played against Tates Creek as well that are not showing on the KHSAA site right now.We have played strong schedules in the past (the 2005 schedule comes to mind), but I think this one tops them all as far as difficulty. This may be the toughest schedule ever for an eastern Kentucky team.
If you add Tates Creek to that schedule then it will be the toughest anyone has played from 15th for sure, maybe all of eastern ky. Tates Creek lost a few pitchers to graduation, but they'll still be a front runner in the 11th. I don't see anyone beating Madison Central but TC will be in the mix. Madison Central is my pick to win the state title this year so I don't see anyone beating them regardless of where their from.
1.) Ben Jordan - West Carter
2.) Planck - Rowan Co.
3.) Hurley - North Laurel
4.) Mallory - North Laurel
5.) Meade - Johnson Central
6.) Rice - Paintsville
HERE ARE A FEW......

No Particular Order......

1) Seth Blanton-Johnson Central
2) Kameron Conley-Perry Central
3) John Cornelius- Rockcastle County
4) Tristan Downing- Greenup County
5) Zach Hurley-North Laurel
6) Lucas Jones- Rockcastle County
7) Ben Jordan-West Carter
8) Logan Mallory-North Laurel
9) Tate Meade-Johnson Central
10) Dylan Messer- North Laurel
11) Ethan Osborne- Sheldon Clark
12) Cameron Planck- Rowan County
13) Ryan Smith- Hazard
14) Isaac Stephens- Somerset
15) Griffin Wells- Hazard
16) Keeton Taylor- Belfry
17) Daniel Neal- South Laurel
18) Chance Cornett- Knott County Central
19) Kent Phelps- Paintsville
20) Matthew Miller- Paintsville
21) Andrew Rice- Paintsville

22)? Luke Daniels- Paintsville - Not heard a lot about him, but what I did hear was that he has the potential to be effective.
Knox has 2 pitchers I would add to that list. Drew Mills and Seth Hill.
Josh Hitchcock for JC and Kash Danials for Paintsville needs to be on the list for sure. Both of these could be in the top 10 overall.
Pupaw Wrote:Great news for Andrew. The exposure in the off-season will certainly help his recruitment for the next level, and it will give him an idea how he measures up with the other players his age throughout the state. Not to mention on top of a great summer from what I heard playing for Post 76. They have always played top notch competition (I may be slightly biased being an alum from the program).

I think it could be a strong season for Paintsville this year as well as Johnson Central. Pitching and defense are what wins you championships, and both schools sound like they'll have the ingredients for outstanding seasons.

Rice had a good summer, garnering attention from a couple of D1's. I saw him at Morehead beat a really good Lexington club with 5 or 6 next level commits. He maintained his velocity through all 7 innings as verified by the Morehead staff. The were impressed with his stamina. If he continues to condition and work on locating pitches he is a next level arm.
The info I've gotten on the Rice kid tells me he could absolutely be a next-level arm, but id hold off on filling his head with the D1 talk for right now. From what I understand, his fastball topped out at 86 and he was working in the 80-84 range. He threw a change up around 70mph and a breaking ball around 75. I am not sure if the breaking ball was a curveball or a slider, but the differential is a little off from what it should be. The change up is at a good speed considering what his fastball number were. If he plans on throwing a slider then 75 MPH isn't too bad, but if he is going to throw a normal curveball it needs to be at least 10-12 MPH slower than his normal fastball, which should put it around the same speed as his change up. The slider shouldn't be any slower than 7-9 MPH from what your fastball is consistently. His frame is going to allow him to have more of an upside than the normal kid, and the more his mechanics gets worked out and the more he starts to let his bottom-half generate the torque needed, the faster and faster his velocity will be. Even at the NAIA level, there are very few pitchers that throw below 87 MPH. He does have the upside at this point, but until the results start to happen, I wouldn't be giving him ideas of D1 programs. I've seen so many small town kids that were great ball players, and because they were in that small town atmosphere, his expectations got too big too fast. It was impossible for any of them to live up to them. After going through junior and senior years with no D1 offers and ignoring all of the other levels, they were usually forced to take less money at one of those smaller schools. I can tell you from experience that I've had several of those kids. I would set aside scholarship money for them when recruiting them, and I could tell by talking to them and their parents they were expecting a D1 school to offer them. So what happens is, I use the money I set aside for them to find players that I knew would come and after the first couple times, I started to see a pattern. After their senior season was over and still no offers, I would get a call from them wanting to come, but I had already used that money on other players. So they would end up going to a JUCO or becoming a walk-on or I would try to find them money here or there. It's a cautionary tale that happens every year and usually it tends to happen to kids in small towns. It's just not healthy for anyone to throw around D1 like it's something that happens a lot. I think this has to fall on their high school coaches. Most parents will not see a realistic side to the situation. High school coaches should let their players know what level they are and do their do diligence to help them get there. Having a D1 program watch somebody is a lot different from them being recruited by them.
Both Laurel schools have pretty good pitching. North more so than South.
No way Ben Jordan is throwing low 90's .. He's throwing more like low to mid 80's
anotherfootballnut Wrote:No way Ben Jordan is throwing low 90's .. He's throwing more like low to mid 80's

Both the Ohio Valley Showcase as well as the WWBA have him at 90 MPH during their workout. I don't see them having a motive to lie about anything.
I went and watched him pitch against Raceland at central park last year , they hit him hard and often he might've pitched 4 innings at the most and gave up a homer, I watched Raceland play against Lewis co and Sammy holder who threw in the upper 80's they couldn't touch him and you could tell SAMMY through a lot harder than Ben .. Raceland was a average to little above average team last year and there's no way in this world they hit a kid throwing 90 .. That's a joke
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I went and watched him pitch against Raceland at central park last year , they hit him hard and often he might've pitched 4 innings at the most and gave up a homer, I watched Raceland play against Lewis co and Sammy holder who threw in the upper 80's they couldn't touch him and you could tell SAMMY through a lot harder than Ben .. Raceland was a average to little above average team last year and there's no way in this world they hit a kid throwing 90 .. That's a joke

I don't think you can judge a kid by one outing. Nobody knows the situation or any background of that game. The only thing I can comment on is what Perfect Game and some of the other top organizations are reporting on him. I've never seen any of these organizations stretch the truth on numbers for any of the kids at their showcases. Therefore, when they say he hit 90MPH at 3 different showcases, I believe it. He may not have hit that speed on the day you seen him, but he did at the showcases. You don't have to take my word on it, because it is listed online and very easy to find if you would like to look yourself.
14th
1) Chance Cornett (KCC)
2) Griffin Wells (Hazard)
Nope not even close to 90
Ben's a very good pitcher he has great mechanics then add hes 6"9 or 10 how ever tall he is he has a bright future but he DOES NOT throw 90 he very well might be able to in the near future but now no
Guess I have lost out on the "quick, warm winter" Cant believe this weather. We were on the field the first day last season!!!!!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Ben's a very good pitcher he has great mechanics then add hes 6"9 or 10 how ever tall he is he has a bright future but he DOES NOT throw 90 he very well might be able to in the near future but now no

Well, when you have stats and numbers from multiple reputable sources that discredits what you are saying, there is really not much you can use for creditability. I'm not sure what your motive is to try and bring this kid down but he has no doubt hit 90 mph at the showcases he's been to. That is a fact. It's not an opinion that maybe he did, he actually did, at three different showcases. I've seen a lot of big time pitchers have bad games. He could've been sick, on short rest, etc. There is no logical basis for the argument you're trying to make, and I think I'd rather rely on organizations with credibility on accuracy rather than an anonymous jealous poster.
Ok I see you drink the Ben kool aid ,
I ran into a kid who plays at Raceland and his dad last night ,i ask him if he thought Ben threw 90 he's exact words were ,“ great kid , good pitcher no way he throws 90 , if he did I wouldn't be able to hit him , Logan salow from Ashland threw Ariund 90 and I didn't touch the ball ", he said he's batted against him numerous times and played with the same organization out of lexington he does in the summer with travel ball
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I ran into a kid who plays at Raceland and his dad last night ,i ask him if he thought Ben threw 90 he's exact words were ,“ great kid , good pitcher no way he throws 90 , if he did I wouldn't be able to hit him , Logan salow from Ashland threw Ariund 90 and I didn't touch the ball ", he said he's batted against him numerous times and played with the same organization out of lexington he does in the summer with travel ball

There is no kool-aid to be drank when you have exact stats to discredit everything you've said about the kid. The bottom line is that you "think" something about a kid and now you expect it to be true, even though your "thoughts" about that kid have been proven wrong. Just because you say it doesn't make it true, and in this case you are way off base. The Jordan kid is consistently between 87-89 with his fastball and has hit 90 mph multiple times and it has been documented as fact by several different showcases with several different radar guns. I have no ties to this kid and could care less how west carter does in baseball. However, I think this type of talent should be celebrated instead of whatever it is you're trying to do. I'm guessing you are either a player or a very jealous parent, but regardless of who you are you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to bring down a young teenage kid on a message board anonymously, especially when everything you've said has been debunked as fiction.
You have no idea what ur talking about