Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Basketball Teams
rallo316 Wrote:inez is pretty good big and physical.

They lost to p-ville at p-ville by 10 more or less i dont remember.
whitesburg and letcher is 2 of the most talented teams Ive ever seen
I believe Hazard beat Whitesburg in a tournament at the Knott Co Sportsplex. But, Whitesburg did look like a good team.
Hazard is a very talented team when they're full strength but right now they have one player out with a broken ankle.
Paintsville is very strong this year. 34 daniels is a huge kid with alot of talent and potential, jarell is a good ball handler and shooter. They are also strong on the wings with sublett and hunter. I believe they're 5-0
Johnson Central- Betsy Lane and Paintsville
Mullins is looking good.......
The coach and kids are starting to believe in what he is teaching them.
`Feds creek vikings are best in county
they could probaly even outplay the east kentucky miners

GO MEADOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-41- Wrote:Paintsville is very strong this year. 34 daniels is a huge kid with alot of talent and potential, jarell is a good ball handler and shooter. They are also strong on the wings with sublett and hunter. I believe they're 5-0

They have lost two games and one againist Pikeville at Paintsville but i dont know the other loss but they are a very talented team. Paintsville couldnt do much because of the pressure and many defenses against Pikeville
Pikeville Johnson Central and Hazard
Buckhorn, Sebastian, Hazard, and Whitesburg are 4 great teams i've seen play this year.
B-E-L-I-E-V-E Wrote:They have lost two games and one againist Pikeville at Paintsville but i dont know the other loss but they are a very talented team. Paintsville couldnt do much because of the pressure and many defenses against Pikeville

They are 7-1 if you don't count the games in the Dorton Pre Season Tourney. A couple of the boys only had around a weeks practice due to football. They are starting to look a lot better though. From what I have seen saw far. Pikeville, JC and Paintsville are three of the top teams in the area so far. With each being able to beat the other on any given night. All three have bright futures in highschool. Keep working hard boys.
I think Martin co. cardinals are doing reall well this year!
come on they have
Eddie Ferrell wich is a GREAT defensive player and makes every layup he shoots and most outside shots too..
Bryan"Bubby"McCoy another great defesive player and a very impressive shooter!
Derek Mollette a very good shooter an offensive player{even after breaking his hand} he is great hadleing the ball!!!.
Dave Slone GREAT shooter offensive and deffensive player
Bj Jarrell terrific ball player any way it goes!..great deffensive player!
I don't think Belfry will get to the County Chip this year.

Coach Davis will work the wildcats and sweep them off their feet to take on Pikeville.

Should be a great game if my predictions are right
i think paintsville is doin really good. theyre 6-1 and theyve beat belfry, virgie, LMS, morgan county and phelps. that only lose was a close one to pikeville that went down to the wire.
Because I would put 2 teams in my area up against any in the state! Lincoln County (Stanford) Middle School Eagles dominate every team they play (beat Lex Cath twice by a bunch) and have only lost to (but also beat) Meece Middle School from Somerset, who also dominate! I believe the players from Meece won the 6th grade state tourney last year, which Lincoln didn't play in.

Lincoln has what I would call "twin towers" and an awesome guard. Luke Hill (Center) is a true 7th grader who is 6'1" and around 175. This kid has moves that 7th graders just don't have. I believe he has double-doubled in every game he has played this year except for the Meece game, where they shut him down. He is definitely one to watch, and they also have Chris Luster, another big man with great hands. Their guard is Carl Lewis Cummins, an excellent ball handler, who is quicker than anyone I have seen. These are all true 7th graders and it looks as though Lincoln basketball has an extremely bright future.

Meece Middle School is also an excellent team. They have a very small guard (Gover) who can shoot the lights out. He rarely misses and can carry the team himself. I believe he is supposed to be an 8th grader though. They have a few bigger boys who play well inside, and a good coach. I watched them in the King Middle School Holiday Tourney and they do have weaknesses, but if their shooting is hot they can't be beat. Lincoln beat them by 5 in the first game, but they played again in the championship and dominated, beating Lincoln by more than 20.

I guess we will see come state tourney time!
bigtimeukfan................Isnt South Laurel from over in your area? Has Lincoln Co. played them this year? I just saw them against Sebastian when we went down there and played them. I thought their 7th grade was as good as any 7th grade team I have seen. Their 8th grade is not as good though.
mountain_music Wrote:bigtimeukfan................Isnt South Laurel from over in your area? Has Lincoln Co. played them this year? I just saw them against Sebastian when we went down there and played them. I thought their 7th grade was as good as any 7th grade team I have seen. Their 8th grade is not as good though.
South Laurel is in our area, but not in our conference, so I guess that is why we don't play them. However, I'm pretty sure we played the same kids (as an AAU team) last year and beat them in some AAU tourney. They were good as 6th graders, although some of them looked like 8th graders, so I'm sure they are good again. I hope we can maybe play them in the state tourney!
EKYSPORTS Wrote:Jc--paintsville--pikeville

Paintsville could beat JC:ChairHit: