Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Basketball Teams
Warfields best player is the Moore kid (7th grader) He is a one year hold back.
ab beat warfield too
Belfry beat inez
warfield has a good team. and has beat most the teams u all have talked bout
NEXT Wrote:I was agreeing with you.

Ronnie, WMS coach, is a good guy, and he did it because Inez did it the year before.

Its only gonna get worse though becaue the Inez coach I was told is getting the job when they combine next year and he'd do anything to win.

coach ronnie never got none of his ball players to stay back it was all there decisons to stay back there and there parents
Meade Wrote:Warfields best player is the Moore kid (7th grader) He is a one year hold back.

THE MOORE KID JUST TURNED 13..AND HE DID HOLD HISSELF BACK BUT IT WAS BECAUSE OF HIS MATH GRADE...AND THAT IS WHY MOST OF THE BOYS AT WARFIELD HELD THEM SELF BACK IS 8TH GRADE..IF YOU OR YOUR KIDS CAME TO WARFIELD YOU WOULD HOLD THEM BACK BECAUSE OF IT TOO...WE HAD 6 HOLD BACKS AND IT WAS BECAUSE OF THEIR GRADE THIER PARENTS DECIDED TO HOLD THEM BACK NOT JUST MATH BUT BECAUSE OF READING GRADE TOO..
cocacola1 Wrote:THE MOORE KID JUST TURNED 13..AND HE DID HOLD HISSELF BACK BUT IT WAS BECAUSE OF HIS MATH GRADE...AND THAT IS WHY MOST OF THE BOYS AT WARFIELD HELD THEM SELF BACK IS 8TH GRADE..IF YOU OR YOUR KIDS CAME TO WARFIELD YOU WOULD HOLD THEM BACK BECAUSE OF IT TOO...WE HAD 6 HOLD BACKS AND IT WAS BECAUSE OF THEIR GRADE THIER PARENTS DECIDED TO HOLD THEM BACK NOT JUST MATH BUT BECAUSE OF READING GRADE TOO..

You don't have to justify why these boys held back. No matter the reason, they are held back just the same. It is legal, so you shouldn't have to defend it.

It makes a huge difference in middle school ball, but it is not illegal.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:You don't have to justify why these boys held back. No matter the reason, they are held back just the same. It is legal, so you shouldn't have to defend it.

It makes a huge difference in middle school ball, but it is not illegal.

Exactly
every school has a holdback no one needs to say anything about it.
23mj23 Wrote:every school has a holdback no one needs to say anything about it.

:Thumbs:
well they are saying warfield boys have 16 year olds at the middle school and i am pretty sure they have 14 year olds at the oldest..that i know of!...i am sorry if it upset you that i justified why the boys stayed back but so you know it wasnt because of sports...it was their decision and the parents decision too..
most of warfields hold backs r 13 and sum jus turned 14
I think Betsy Layne is pretty good
I think Betsy Layne Is pretty good
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Do you think Belfry can compete with Pikeville?

Do they have any new boys out who didn't play last year or have the ones they had gotten better. The year between 7th and 8th grade year is always interesting to see how much boys have improved.

I don't really see Belfry being up there with Pikeville, but they might be above the 2nd tier teams such as Millard, Virgie, and Dorton.

no, they cant. Pikevilles team is too big.

and yes i agree with them being with virgie and such
I think Betsy Layne will be pretty decent this year in 08
Panther Thunder Wrote:Ill show u how PIKEVILLE!!! :lmao:

exactly. pikeville murdered belfry last year. away and home by at least 28 points or more. Pikeville will kill county
23mj23 Wrote:every school has a holdback no one needs to say anything about it.

NOT sayin anything about it BUT..... Phelps doesn't have any holdbacks on their team....
Paintsville should be pretty good this year. Got a good bunch returning in Jarrell, Sublett, Daniels, Thompson, Daniels (If he plays), Terry and Tiller. Should be real strong. Look for Moore from Warfield to move on up to JV and possibly to the Varsity at SC. Kid can play.
Anyone know who the new girls coach @ JCMS is? Both 7th and 8th. Thanks!
Pikeville will win another County championship next year Kevin Garris condintions his players enough in practice to go the whole game last year the 7th graders went 21-0 in there County i think they can do it again.
I Think Floyd County will be very competitive this year with the early favorite being Allen Centrla Middle seeing how the won B-team last year and only lost one game. One year can make a big difference in boys of this age so we will just have to wait and see.
I hear all teams have made improvements....... should be a great year in Middle school basketball in Floyd County
all-star Wrote:Inez Middle School..11-2..lost by 1 at JCMS and Adams in a Christmas tourney...The have some pretty dominate players down low and a few good ball handlers out front
inez is pretty good big and physical.
gbfan41649 Wrote:I Think Floyd County will be very competitive this year with the early favorite being Allen Centrla Middle seeing how the won B-team last year and only lost one game. One year can make a big difference in boys of this age so we will just have to wait and see.
I hear all teams have made improvements....... should be a great year in Middle school basketball in Floyd County
Betsy Layne should be right there in the mix of things as well, as they finished second behind AC, and made for a very good, competitive championship game last season in the B-team tournament!!!
pikeville. virgie.
I would put Whitesburg up against anyone! I really believe this! They are huge with boys that can play! Just like football, I would put them to play anyone. 3 starters are 6'2 or taller.
if u ask me whitedburg is 1 of the best teams because last year we had a very good season and beat pikeville and other teams and we only lost 1 starter this year
Johnson Central is always good.
cocacola1 Wrote:THE MOORE KID JUST TURNED 13..AND HE DID HOLD HISSELF BACK BUT IT WAS BECAUSE OF HIS MATH GRADE...AND THAT IS WHY MOST OF THE BOYS AT WARFIELD HELD THEM SELF BACK IS 8TH GRADE..IF YOU OR YOUR KIDS CAME TO WARFIELD YOU WOULD HOLD THEM BACK BECAUSE OF IT TOO...WE HAD 6 HOLD BACKS AND IT WAS BECAUSE OF THEIR GRADE THIER PARENTS DECIDED TO HOLD THEM BACK NOT JUST MATH BUT BECAUSE OF READING GRADE TOO..

yea lol and they all happen to play the same sport and are decent at it, it really don't matter what you say we all no the real reason they got held back :lmao:
eaglepride Wrote:jc beat pikeville in the pikeville college classic

Pikeville didnt play JC in the Pikeville College Tournament they played A.B. Combs