•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs. Williamsburg Class 1A State Championsip
This same Mayfield beat 5A Graves County 21-0 ON THE ROAD. The same Graves County team that is playing in the 5A title game. Anyone who says Mayfield couldnt have won titles in 3 or 4 of the 6 classes in this alignment, is blind.
No 64, I'm not kidding. You said the same thing last year. You just don't get it. We had plays last year we had worked on all year for the state championship that we never used because it was a blowout. We called the dogs off after the first quarter. It was not because the burg made some great adjustments. It was because we didn't want to run it up. This year the jv is not far behind the varsity. They will come in and add the last 2 scores on the burg. I'm telling you it is going to be a repeat.
We will settle for 1a title this year.
killbilly usmc Wrote:64 do you happen to remember the t shirt bet we have. Can someone please remind him, I bet 55 remembers. Don't change your account, and hide now that you know may field is your opponent. You are going to look real good with a may field 2014 state champions shirt.

I want a Mayfield shirt:biggrin:
64SUR Wrote:Warm weather will help Williamsburg. :poker face:

will it?
mysonis55 Wrote:Ok, this game should finally make people on here understand just how the strength of schedule makes a difference. I have some stats for you so there cannot be any doubt after the game you can look back at what I've said all year.

I rate the schedules in many different ways. One of which is what I call a plus system. The more higher classification teams you play the higher your rating. It's simple math. If you are 1a and you play a 6a team that gives you a plus 5. If you are 1a and play a 2a its a plus 1. Using this method Mayfield played a plus 20 and the burg a plus 13.

Next is teams you have played with a lit rating of 90 or better. Mayfield has played 7 teams with a 90 or better. They played one of those teams twice. Mayfield also played 4 teams with a rating of 100 or better. Williamsburg has played 1 team with a rating of 90 or better and none with a rating of 100.

Mayfield's combined opponents record is 85-73
Williamsburg's combined opponents record is 69-90

During these schedules Williamsburg has averaged a 6 point better scoring margin per game than Mayfield. They also have 1 less loss than Mayfield.

So, I would say Mayfield's schedule has been light years ahead of the burg's. So, if the burg can win, they can say the strength of schedule is a myth. However if they lose again after the second year of playing a much weaker schedule and this time running the table, then you have to agree that I was correct.

deja moo
mysonis55 Wrote:No 64, I'm not kidding. You said the same thing last year. You just don't get it. We had plays last year we had worked on all year for the state championship that we never used because it was a blowout. We called the dogs off after the first quarter. It was not because the burg made some great adjustments. It was because we didn't want to run it up. This year the jv is not far behind the varsity. They will come in and add the last 2 scores on the burg. I'm telling you it is going to be a repeat.

But, but, we're 14-0. We put 12 running clocks on the Sisters of the poor. H*ll is coming to Bowling Green, I tell you.
pjdoug Wrote:I want a Mayfield shirt:biggrin:

I can send you one. Would you like a 3-Peat shirt?
mayfield_9 Wrote:I can send you one. Would you like a 3-Peat shirt?

Yes:biggrin:
You just want to wear it around when they are giving you crap about Whitley.
Running clock.

Emergency room afternoon.
mysonis55 Wrote:No 64, I'm not kidding. You said the same thing last year. You just don't get it. We had plays last year we had worked on all year for the state championship that we never used because it was a blowout. We called the dogs off after the first quarter. It was not because the burg made some great adjustments. It was because we didn't want to run it up. This year the jv is not far behind the varsity. They will come in and add the last 2 scores on the burg. I'm telling you it is going to be a repeat.

Now calling this game a upset. Williamsburg wins :Cheerlead
^You called me out 64....this one will come back to haunt you. Burg isn't very good and isn't in the same league as Mayfield...and I don't like Mayfield...
jetpilot Wrote:^You called me out 64....this one will come back to haunt you. Burg isn't very good and isn't in the same league as Mayfield...and I don't like Mayfield...

You don't like Williamsburg either... You bash the burg more than Mayfield. Who is in the same league as Mayfield??? The posts above state they could win in multiple classes. Saying a team isn't good at thins point is absurd, Pikeville was good and they lost in the second round by 30. We may lose, but we're the best the east has to offer in 1A. Regardless what the majority of posters think we could give Mayfield a game, win or lose I'm proud to be a Jacket.
64, I posted it on the wrong thread but if you look at the thread on the score of the jackets vs Rams, you will find it. I have watched film. I have broken it down. Mayfield is faster and better in every category O Line, D Line, QB, RB, WR, CB, Safeties, Kicker, coaching and all. The Mayfield jv is better in most places on their jv. Now you wanted this rematch, it's a coming.
I don't think the burg is as good this year as last.
When the burg o line stands up to play patty cake this week on each play, our d line will be on top of whatever QB is in at the time.
mysonis55 Wrote:You just want to wear it around when they are giving you crap about Whitley.

I'm a Whitley County fan win or lose til the day I die :truestory:
I'd like to see an upset but going with Mayfield 31-14
mysonis55 Wrote:64, I posted it on the wrong thread but if you look at the thread on the score of the jackets vs Rams, you will find it. I have watched film. I have broken it down. Mayfield is faster and better in every category O Line, D Line, QB, RB, WR, CB, Safeties, Kicker, coaching and all. The Mayfield jv is better in most places on their jv. Now you wanted this rematch, it's a coming.

I guess we shouldn't even play then... If 55 almighty says it, it's gospel.
Old_Jacket Wrote:I guess we shouldn't even play then... If 55 almighty says it, it's gospel.

maybe the arrogant guru can teach you how to play football Confusednicker:
Williamsburg 24
Mayfield 21
Congrats to the Cardinals and the Jackets for making it to the championship game. I hope it is a clean played game with no injuries. I will be there watching my son play. He is # 69. Keep an eye out for him 64.

If anyone wants to meet up at the game let me know.

Mayfieldsportsfan
Greg
I guarantee the Cardinal players and coaches will take the Jackets seriously & prepare accordingly. If they didn't learn a lesson from 2011, shame on them. The fans may get a little overzealous, but, hopefully, they won't pass that on to there kids who'll be the ones out on the field having to get it done.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Running clock.

Emergency room afternoon.

Gut is picking the Burg. I don't think Mayfield has put a running clock on anyone this year. Add a poll to this thread Gut.
Well said sportsfan! Were excited to be there ! Lets have a good safe game.
Wrong. Running clock games
Fort Campbell
Marshall Co
Fulton
Fulton Co
Caverna
Bethlehem

Close against
PT
Russellville
No, don't phone it in. We want you to show up and play. Heck, I need another video to watch repeatedly throughout the years. As a matter of fact that's a good idea. I think I may watch 2002 state championship tonight. Watch 2010 on Monday. Watch 2012 on Tuesday. Watch 2013 on Wednesday. Watch this years Beechwood game Thursday. Watch Graves on Friday. Then cap it off with the big one Saturday. That is a great week.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wrong. Running clock games
Fort Campbell
Marshall Co
Fulton
Fulton Co
Caverna
Bethlehem

Close against
PT
Russellville

Sarcasm, 55.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wrong. Running clock games