•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2015
I also love the fact that South Laurel IS NO LONGER ON THE SCHEDULE!
It is really surprising that North and South can't compete with Corbin.. They should be playing!!
Neither will Schedule Corbin in any level!
On Offense, I look for Brock to be big (the only one close to replacing Coppock) and possibly play a little defense. I think a few seniors will rise up on the O line, like Eaton and Moore did this year. I do believe the QB job is Sizemore's to lose (he could play a lot of places: FB, LB TE, DE or G). On Defense, I'd like to see Cima, Lambert and Evans get a shot at LB (Anderson and Powers will be hard to replace). It's time for Josh Hampton to play like a MAN. I also think the secondary will be very good. I look for the Redhounds to began a run of Region Championships this year and start knocking on that State Championship door.
Go Redhounds!!!!!
Old Redhound Wrote:On Offense, I look for Brock to be big (the only one close to replacing Coppock) and possibly play a little defense. I think a few seniors will rise up on the O line, like Eaton and Moore did this year. I do believe the QB job is Sizemore's to lose (he could play a lot of places: FB, LB TE, DE or G). On Defense, I'd like to see Cima, Lambert and Evans get a shot at LB (Anderson and Powers will be hard to replace). It's time for Josh Hampton to play like a MAN. I also think the secondary will be very good. I look for the Redhounds to began a run of Region Championships this year and start knocking on that State Championship door.
Go Redhounds!!!!!

I think the best coaches understands a players strengths and weaknesses and put his players in the best position to be successful. With that said I think lambert and Evans strengths are on the d-line. Cima could play one of the LB, but he needs to get quicker for this to be the case. I look for Brock to play one of the LB spots or maybe even Andrew Reedy or a freshman. I would like to see cima play more on the O-line, even though he would probably rather stay on defense.
I also wonder what the Sevier kid would look like on defense. He's an excellent tight end but he is also a big body who can run. He certainly looks like he could step in at DE and fill a spot if one of the d-lineman moved to linebacker. Either way I agree with old redhound. The hounds are back in the hunt for a region championship.
Corbin has a bunch of kids that can play on both sides of the ball, and kids can change physically from year to year.
I agree corbin does have a lot of kids who could play on both sides of the ball but I think coach Haddix is on the right track by only playing guys one way. Playing one way frees kids up to really give it their all. Both physically and mentally, it cuts what they have to learn each week in half, plus they are able to rest for half of the game. When a team has 80 plus kids the drop in talent is more than covered by the ability to play all out for four quarters when platooning I'm my opinion.
Redhounds will be solid next year...great tradition, winning attitude, and great coaching!
Was told that Corbin is playing Lloyd Memorial this season.
I saw a posting of Corbin schedule and Lylod Memorial wasn't on the schedule. Mayfield was listed and that tells me Corbin will be pretty good
Good looking schedule
Corbin will be Very Good again next season. If the have a QB better than Sizemore I'd be real surprised. Don't think that is true, feel he will start at QB. I think they will be class of their Dist. and make a run at a Regional and maybe State Championship.
Middle school QB was a really good athlete.,
Weight room numbers I hear are REALLY good!
Middle school qb may get the job. Especially if they go to RPO
It may be posted on another thread and I've not read it, but is Boyle Co and Lex Catholic both dropping to 3A? If true then the road to the title will become even tougher. I still think Corbin will be able to compete with them for the title in 2016.
Leonards_loser Wrote:It may be posted on another thread and I've not read it, but is Boyle Co and Lex Catholic both dropping to 3A? If true then the road to the title will become even tougher. I still think Corbin will be able to compete with them for the title in 2016.

They are both now in 3A but in the west.
Corbin is in the east.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They are both now in 3A but in the west.
Corbin is in the east.

Thanks :Thumbs: So the east will be Corbin, Bell Co, and Belfry as the powerhouses. The West, Lex. Catholic, Boyle Co and Lou Central. 3A football has took a huge step up with the addition of those two teams.
I think Corbin will make a Big Splash in the East, and The Red Hound Nation will be so Happy seeing this happen. Haddix will have our Kids ready and lots are lifting weights and getting unreal # is what I am hearing from those who know. Be glad too see them in spring ball and summer 7 on 7 if possible. Good Luck Red Hounds and Red Hound Nation.
Leonards_loser Wrote:Thanks :Thumbs: So the east will be Corbin, Bell Co, and Belfry as the powerhouses. The West, Lex. Catholic, Boyle Co and Lou Central. 3A football has took a huge step up with the addition of those two teams.

BY FAR the most interesting class now. It is stacked.
Saw a few of the kids out, they are still talking football with big expectations. I believe it will be another fun year.
Wow, look at the east! Bell, Belfry, Corbin. That's exciting for sure. 3a is a beast for sure.
HighViz Wrote:Wow, look at the east! Bell, Belfry, Corbin. That's exciting for sure. 3a is a beast for sure.

I think 3A is by far the weakest class. Only Corbin Bell Belfry in east and Basically Le Cath Boyle in west. So 5ish teams maybe 6 out of 40 thay have a chance to win title.
Central is West also and return almost everyone!
So you are saying 6A is weak also because only Trinity, St X, and Male have a chance to Win the title?
footballfever Wrote:I think 3A is by far the weakest class. Only Corbin Bell Belfry in east and Basically Le Cath Boyle in west. So 5ish teams maybe 6 out of 40 thay have a chance to win title.

You failed to mention Louisville Central, Paducah Tilghman, E'town, and Russell all of which have good programs each year and can compete at a championship level. Teams such as Bourbon County, Mason County, Wayne County, Lawrence County, Henry County, Pike Central, Estill, and Larue are usually very productive 2nd tier teams. 3A has more parity at the top than almost every other class with 5A being the only class that could be considered to have the same. 6A definitely has the premiere teams at the top with Trinity, St.X, and Male and some quality 2nd tier teams due to the size of the schools, but the bottom of 6A has trouble competing just like the other classes. If I were ranking the strength of the Classes it would be as follows:

1-) 5A
2-) 6A
3-) 3A
4-) 2A
5-) 1A
6-) 4A

I would give 5A the edge due to more quality teams at the top and the ability to still compete with the top of 6A.
HADDIXHOUNDS Wrote:Central is West also and return almost everyone!
So you are saying 6A is weak also because only Trinity, St X, and Male have a chance to Win the title?

I didnt see Central but I think top to bottom if you can pick 4-6 teams out and say 1 of them will win state next 4 years it makes it a fairly weak class. Bell will be solid next year but the 3 years after that Corbin should have no problem getting to semi's. If they do then things have taken a turn for the worse.
footballfever Wrote:I didnt see Central but I think top to bottom if you can pick 4-6 teams out and say 1 of them will win state next 4 years it makes it a fairly weak class. Bell will be solid next year but the 3 years after that Corbin should have no problem getting to semi's. If they do then things have taken a turn for the worse.

This can be done with every class.
footballfever Wrote:I didnt see Central but I think top to bottom if you can pick 4-6 teams out and say 1 of them will win state next 4 years it makes it a fairly weak class. Bell will be solid next year but the 3 years after that Corbin should have no problem getting to semi's. If they do then things have taken a turn for the worse.

To put your statement in perspective I will post the number of teams to win state in each class over the past 6 years and 8 years (6 class system has been in effect 8 seasons).

Past 6 Seasons

6A- 3 Teams
5A- 3 Teams
4A- 3 Teams
3A- 3 Teams
2A- 4 Teams
1A- 3 Teams

Past 8 Seasons

6A- 3 Teams
5A- 3 Teams
4A- 5 Teams (Due to Highlands not being in 4A first 2 seasons)
3A- 3 Teams
2A- 4 Teams
1A- 4 Teams

Your reasoning can be applied to all classes.

If you look at the championships by the teams in each class right now for the past 10 seasons you will see that your statement is not only not thought out, but just absurd. Below is a list of how many teams have won a championship over the last 10 seasons and how many championships are accounted for by the members of that class.

1A- 2 teams accounting for 3 Championships
2A- 5 teams accounting for 12 Championships
3A- 8 teams accounting for 17 Championships
4A- 2 teams accounting for 2 Championships
5A- 4 teams accounting for 12 Championships
6A- 3 teams accounting for 10 Championships

If you are going to try and troll at least come up with something that has some validity.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next