•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key returning players for your team
Warned you 1974, you will drive yourself crazy!
dawg fan Wrote:You must admit that your first response had nothing to do with the topic. You had made your feelings known about the coaching staff earlier in another thread. Even through you admitted that you have not seen lc play but a couple times in 30 years. But I will give you this it has made me think a little bit and I will be keeping a closer eye my sons use at pitching. And you may want to take some of your advice at some point common sense should take over you needing to be right.

This guy has been doing this most of the football season and and still going strong. It's not just on Lawrence County threads either. He has been ran out of threads from several teams in the last few months. He is the know all end all of everything sports. They guy if you read his posts seams pretty knowledgeable, problem is he just don't quit and he will force it down your throat and repeat stuff over and over and over again if he thinks your not listening. I think it's some kind of complex or something, like maybe no one has listened to the poor guy his whole life or something. :popcorn:
Do-double-gg Wrote:This guy has been doing this most of the football season and and still going strong. It's not just on Lawrence County threads either. He has been ran out of threads from several teams in the last few months. He is the know all end all of everything sports. They guy if you read his posts seams pretty knowledgeable, problem is he just don't quit and he will force it down your throat and repeat stuff over and over and over again if he thinks your not listening. I think it's some kind of complex or something, like maybe no one has listened to the poor guy his whole life or something. :popcorn:

Just go to the football forum and look at the Hazard@Williamsburg threads and Williamsburg@Mayfield threads and there are many more. They guy has a knack for trying to force his superior knowledge on people and pissing a lot of people off in the proccess. I will give him one thing though, he is persistent lol.........even though he is wrong more then he cares to admit! Confusednicker::popcorn:
The only thing I've been wrong about is williamsburg's football team. They were much better than I thought and their schedule didn't matter like I thought it would. I've been pretty "persistent" about owning something if I'm wrong.

In this particular instance, it's not about being right because it's simple science and facts. I repeated it because with some of the replies you all have made about this makes me wonder if you understand what I'm saying. So I simply try another way to explain. I would've loved to have an educated discussion about it, but that doesn't seem to be the motive of the LC faithful. Like I said with my original statement, I really hope they all stay healthy this season.
dawg fan Wrote:You must admit that your first response had nothing to do with the topic. You had made your feelings known about the coaching staff earlier in another thread. Even through you admitted that you have not seen lc play but a couple times in 30 years. But I will give you this it has made me think a little bit and I will be keeping a closer eye my sons use at pitching. And you may want to take some of your advice at some point common sense should take over you needing to be right.

You're right it didn't. You named him and it made me think about it. It never should've turned into what it did.
baseball1974 Wrote:You're right it didn't. You named him and it made me think about it. It never should've turned into what it did.

It wouldn't matter if you were talking about the weather, this flock of looney birds would turn that thread into a poor poor pitiful me, you just hate LC thread.
Do-double-gg Wrote:This guy has been doing this most of the football season and and still going strong. It's not just on Lawrence County threads either. He has been ran out of threads from several teams in the last few months. He is the know all end all of everything sports. They guy if you read his posts seams pretty knowledgeable, problem is he just don't quit and he will force it down your throat and repeat stuff over and over and over again if he thinks your not listening. I think it's some kind of complex or something, like maybe no one has listened to the poor guy his whole life or something. :popcorn:

And you are a baseball expert with first hand knowledge that you could dispute anything he says?
Paintsville gets Matt Miller and Kent Phelps back this season. They should be a better team with those two added to a pretty solid lineup to say the least. Looking forward to baseball season.
ForearmShiver Wrote:Paintsville gets Matt Miller and Kent Phelps back this season. They should be a better team with those two added to a pretty solid lineup to say the least. Looking forward to baseball season.

I agree with you those two are very good are either of them playing basketball this year and do they seem completely recovered from their injuries. I think paintsville has the best lineup top to bottom from one to nine they all are decent hitters.
LawCo131 Wrote:Believe me, you were told wrong. Surgery is always the last option. Dr. Kremchek will not do a ucl surgery without first trying rehab. Kids have got to be honest with coaches and themselves. If something doesn't feel right, STOP. The pressure is there to always perform and no kid wants to sit out, but resting a tired arm for a few days is much better than having to miss a year with surgery.

Cantrell felt some discomfort in his arm did not throw rest of summer. In late fall his are started hurting just throwing long balls that's when they decided on the surgery. He was giving the option of playing but not pitching with the knowledge that it may or may not get worse, but it was not going to get better. So he decided to get it done and be back for his senior season.
No chance that Wheeler is starting catcher. I would doubt that he even gets into a varsity game this year. Also no chance Lambert isn't the starting CF
Looks like lambert is going to left from what the players are telling me, bailey center, Cantrell right, bower 3ird, keesee ss, turner 2nd, coverdale 1st, wheeler catcher, salyers will cover the outfield when one those are pitching and cyrus the infield. That is just what some of the players have told me.
dawg fan Wrote:Looks like lambert is going to left from what the players are telling me, bailey center, Cantrell right, bower 3ird, keesee ss, turner 2nd, coverdale 1st, wheeler catcher, salyers will cover the outfield when one those are pitching and cyrus the infield. That is just what some of the players have told me.

Absolutely NO SHOT that Miller isn't the starting catcher. He started most of all last season. Got the much needed maturity and experience needed to run the show this year. He'll be the catcher.

Lambert won't be going anywhere but CF. Mark it down. He's been there since his freshman year, he won't be moving now.

Turner is your utility INF. He will play 3B as his primary spot, will play SS when Keesee pitches, and will play 2B occasionally.

The young kid, Cyrus (freshman), will be your starting 2B for most of the season. Great glove man.

Boyer (I think you misspelled his name) will be in the hunt to play some 3B when Turner is at SS or 2B. He will also pitch some from what I've been told. He was a backup catcher last year, so for them to move him out from behind the plate tells me that they like what they saw from him pitching JV last year and summer ball.

The OF spots will be Bailey and Cantrell on the corners. Both pitch, which means Salyers will also get a lot of starts.

Also don't forget the DH position. LC had a transfer last year that came in late in the season and absolutely tore the cover off the ball this summer from what some of the parents told me. He was a surprise. And the DH/1B from last year, Price, is also back and had a very productive season last year.

Going from what I have seen the past 2 seasons and what I'm hearing, this team has some great potential. They lost 2 seniors from last year, BUT....they return Cantrell who had an unbelievable sophomore season (was in sophomore showcase) on the mound and at the plate. The Coverdale kid may be the most underrated player in the region. The kid plays hard and smacks the ball, went 4-4 against the lefty from Pikeville last year. Then you mix in Keesee and Turner's offense and defensive prowess....things could be fun in Louisa, KY this spring!

Still have to get over the top. JC has had LC's number since 2011. They've not dominated the scoreboard, but have the W's. Most, or all, games have been close between these two teams.

And finally, LC fans shouldn't be sleeping on the new district. Just look at basketball. Belfry has one dominant pitcher and so does Pike Central. The positive to that is that this same LC team has beaten both of them in the past 2 seasons.

Now, someone tell the weathermen to turn the heaters on and melt this snow so we can play some ball!
I'm telling you now that whoever told you that Wheeler is gonna be the catcher is trying to get a pass from his daddy the next time they are speeding through town or something. There is NO chance he is going to be the VARSITY starting catcher. No disrespect to the kid but he isn't even the 2nd option at catcher. Morgan Miller WILL BE the starting catcher. In any other situation you may see Nick Boyer start a few games there but that's it. I would be super confident in saying that unless it's an absolute blowout that Wheeler won't even play a pitch on the varsity team. No chance he is played in a close crucial game. I will say this, I do think that it is SOMEWHAT possible he could be used as a courtesy runner or pinch runner but that's it. He will get a substantial amount of playing time in the jv games.
Now unless coach Feltner is on some kind of new psychotropic medication that no one knows anything about, I'm also gonna go on record to say that Noah Lambert will play center field. Austin Bailey will play left, and Cantrell/Salyers will share right, depending on pitching. I do not live in LC and like my name suggests I am neutral on these schools. However I know the game and I know a lot of people from these areas. And I know Feltner and his whole coaching staff and unless something dramatic has happened since summer ended, Travis does NOT play players bc of who their parents/family is. He plays to win and plays his best players in the best positions on the field. So if your going to watch a LC game and think your gonna see Andrew geared up behind the plate (other than in between innings as Morgan is putting his equipment back on) then your going to the wrong game my friend. Again Andrew is a good kid and works hard and loves the game as much as any kid on the team but he is as qualified to be the catcher as Miller/Boyer.
Completely Neutral Wrote:I'm telling you now that whoever told you that Wheeler is gonna be the catcher is trying to get a pass from his daddy the next time they are speeding through town or something. There is NO chance he is going to be the VARSITY starting catcher. No disrespect to the kid but he isn't even the 2nd option at catcher. Morgan Miller WILL BE the starting catcher. In any other situation you may see Nick Boyer start a few games there but that's it. I would be super confident in saying that unless it's an absolute blowout that Wheeler won't even play a pitch on the varsity team. No chance he is played in a close crucial game. I will say this, I do think that it is SOMEWHAT possible he could be used as a courtesy runner or pinch runner but that's it. He will get a substantial amount of playing time in the jv games.
Now unless coach Feltner is on some kind of new psychotropic medication that no one knows anything about, I'm also gonna go on record to say that Noah Lambert will play center field. Austin Bailey will play left, and Cantrell/Salyers will share right, depending on pitching. I do not live in LC and like my name suggests I am neutral on these schools. However I know the game and I know a lot of people from these areas. And I know Feltner and his whole coaching staff and unless something dramatic has happened since summer ended, Travis does NOT play players bc of who their parents/family is. He plays to win and plays his best players in the best positions on the field. So if your going to watch a LC game and think your gonna see Andrew geared up behind the plate (other than in between innings as Morgan is putting his equipment back on) then your going to the wrong game my friend. Again Andrew is a good kid and works hard and loves the game as much as any kid on the team but he is as qualified to be the catcher as Miller/Boyer.

Boyer is no longer a catcher. That's a fact that has been told to me by several parents who have watched practices and players. He was moved from behind the plate because he may be utilized as a pitcher and being a pitcher/catcher is not desirable. Wheeler is the backup catcher. He will be fine. He won't have to catch crucial games, that's why you have a #1 catcher in Miller.
If you know feltner you know how important effort is to him, last year miller was not a threat to throw runners out, and at times showed little effort on foul balls, and a lot of bad throws back to the pitcher. Again I am just going by what some of the players have told me on where the boys have been in practice.
I think Feltner will tell you Miller works harder than any kid he's got. He threw out several and several times Keezee wasn't covering or failed to make a effort at tagging. Keezee also made several error throws in key situations everyone knows about.
Don't remember hearing Millers throws cost them any games.
kdrn Wrote:I think Feltner will tell you Miller works harder than any kid he's got. He threw out several and several times Keezee wasn't covering or failed to make a effort at tagging. Keezee also made several error throws in key situations everyone knows about.
Don't remember hearing Millers throws cost them any games.

I agree keesee made some bad throws, but I attended 95 percent of lc games last year and I never once saw lack of effort on keesee's part. The short stop is not always responsible for 2nd the coach makes that call. Don't know if you could say that a bad throw from miller cost them any games but lack of effort was a problem. If you were at the logan game you will understand what I am talking about. Morgan is a good kid but last year teams ran on lc at will, he just didn't have the arm strenght to throw out runners. Lc lost the regional finals as a team, keesee, bailey, both had critical errors, cavins walked several putting runners in scoring position, miller let a couple steal second. Hopefully miller has a good fall and can step up his game this year becousr lc can use that left hand bat and his base running ability.
And the catcher don't always have say on the base runner steals . Wallenberg was only one that held runners on enough to give any catcher a shot
I have a question for dawgfan. In your opinion, if you was the coach do you really believe that Andrew Wheeler has a better arm than Morgan? Because the arm and his "lack of effort seems to be your primary focus here". I have NEVER seen Morgan not give all he has on every play. I will agree he doesn't have the arm strength that a good catcher should have, but neither does Wheeler. Then you have to compare the 2 in other aspects. I'll break them down.
Base running- Miller advantage
Hitting- Miller advantage
Fielding- Miller advantage
Throwing- that's a toss up. No advantage either way
Controlling the infield- Miller advantage
Knowing where to be in each situation- Miller advantage
More of a vocal leader- Miller advantage
I don't see how anyone could justify, even if your right that he had a lack of effort on particular plays or he allowed to many stolen bases, that Wheeler is a better candidate for the position. I'm not saying Miller is a terrific catcher, but of the 2 he is definitely the better choice. Neither of the 2 are even comparable to Gamble from JC, Crisp from AC, Burchell from PHS. Those 3 are the best 3 in the region with Gamble being the best of those 3. Now IMO Josh Cantrell is a great catcher and can hold his own with any of these others I just named.
Completely Neutral Wrote:I have a question for dawgfan. In your opinion, if you was the coach do you really believe that Andrew Wheeler has a better arm than Morgan? Because the arm and his "lack of effort seems to be your primary focus here". I have NEVER seen Morgan not give all he has on every play. I will agree he doesn't have the arm strength that a good catcher should have, but neither does Wheeler. Then you have to compare the 2 in other aspects. I'll break them down.
I don't see how anyone could justify, even if your right that he had a lack of effort on particular plays or he allowed to many stolen bases, that Wheeler is a better candidate for the position. I'm not saying Miller is a terrific catcher, but of the 2 he is definitely the better choice. Neither of the 2 are even comparable to Gamble from JC, Crisp from AC, Burchell from PHS. Those 3 are the best 3 in the region with Gamble being the best of those 3. Now IMO Josh Cantrell is a great catcher and can hold his own with any of these others I just named.

First off, how can you same someone is a "great catcher" when he has logged ZERO or very few innings in varsity action behind the plate? Cantrell caught JV for his 8th and 9th grade seasons. Was the backup catcher and didn't play but a couple of innings behind the plate in mop up time. Not downing the kid, but just pointing out that someone isn't "great" if they haven't played it in varsity yet. Besides, it's a moot point. He is needed on the mound, and won't be catching and that is not an option. Pitching and catching doesn't mix well, especially with someone coming off arm surgery.

I only watched a handful of games last year. But, the ones I did watch, Miller gave pretty good effort. I wouldn't say he gave everything he had. I saw a few plays in which he gave little or no effort. One in particular that I remember was a throw from the OF that was a bit up the line. He didn't even attempt to catch it, instead letting it go to the backstop and 2 runners advanced.

Arm strength? I've seen both Wheeler and Miller throw from a distance (Bulldog lane). It appears to me that Wheeler has a very good arm from behind the plate. However, he's slow getting rid of it. Miller has a good arm as well, but isn't as accurate as Wheeler. But, he is quicker in his release.

Offense? Miller hands down. But if Wheeler does catch, he will not be hitting. He will be DH for in my opinion.

All this is a non-argument. The best player will play. Plain and simple. The coaching staff at LC don't play favorites. They play the best player or the players that give them the best effort, attitude, and performances and gives the TEAM a chance to win every game. No hidden agendas.
Completely Neutral Wrote:I have a question for dawgfan. In your opinion, if you was the coach do you really believe that Andrew Wheeler has a better arm than Morgan? Because the arm and his "lack of effort seems to be your primary focus here". I have NEVER seen Morgan not give all he has on every play. I will agree he doesn't have the arm strength that a good catcher should have, but neither does Wheeler. Then you have to compare the 2 in other aspects. I'll break them down.

First of all let me be clear I am not saying that I think wheeler should be the catcher I am only telling you what the players are telling me. From where they have been practicing at the majority of the time, I could not answer any of your questions because I don't think I have ever saw the wheeler kid catch a game. It is not my opinion that one should start over the other I am just simply relaying the info. as it was told to my several players. That being said if you attended many lc games last year you would know that there were several times that lack of effort was a problem at the catcher position. Walking back to get a passed ball allowing a runner to go from 1st to third, logan foul ball stright back did not even turn around the ball landed 10 feet behind him, sheldon clark game foul ball also landed just out to his left made no attempt at it, now I made be a little spoiled from watching jordon, and clark over the years but there was never a time that effort was ever questioned with those two.
Don't believe you for a minute that kids r telling u anything. Ask them who they want behind the plate since your with them everyday. Put yours behind the plate and checkout his effort for 35 games. You should be rooting for more Miller Time instead of cutting him for 4 plays you don't no what was going on just what you thought you saw from a distance.
kdrn Wrote:Don't believe you for a minute that kids r telling u anything. Ask them who they want behind the plate since your with them everyday. Put yours behind the plate and checkout his effort for 35 games. You should be rooting for more Miller Time instead of cutting him for 4 plays you don't no what was going on just what you thought you saw from a distance.

Lc was very young last year, they are going to make mistake you can count on it. I thought miller had games that he handle things behind the plate like a pro you could not ask for any better. The tournament at greenup comes to mind. I am not saying that lc has anybody better that they could put behind the plate. And one thing you can count on no matter who lc puts behind the plate I will be rooting for him like he was johnny bench. If you will go back to my 1st post on this thread you see I have miller as the catcher I was as shock as anyone when several of the players told me that it looked like wheeler was going to catch.
I swear for the life of me I just can't understand how someone can get on here and say only positive OR at the minimum neutral things about a particular situation at LC and then it is almost immediately turned into crazy argument and debate like you are attacking someone from there. You can look at any or all of my posts and they all are based on my opinions which I always say "IMO" or facts. And even with that I never say anything derogatory about a program as I root for all local teams and I don't have anyone playing on any team or have any kind of allegiance for any team. I just like to watch good baseball games. However if anything is ever said that isn't agreed with about someone or something from LC it's like an all out war. And the crazy thing is they have a good program, a great coach, a tremendous field, and an almost historic program. Yet the parents/fans or whoever these posters are get on here with closed minds and really make you dislike a program because of their attitudes. This message board should be something fun, and enjoyable. We should be able to post and even agree to disagree about particular things bc that's what sports is. That's the thrill of sports, it's always perceived differently by individuals. Yet it seems to me "IMO" the LC faithful take it to a whole new level. You can almost feel the tension and outrage thru the computer just by reading their messages. I just don't get it.
Completely Neutral Wrote:I swear for the life of me I just can't understand how someone can get on here and say only positive OR at the minimum neutral things about a particular situation at LC and then it is almost immediately turned into crazy argument and debate like you are attacking someone from there. You can look at any or all of my posts and they all are based on my opinions which I always say "IMO" or facts. And even with that I never say anything derogatory about a program as I root for all local teams and I don't have anyone playing on any team or have any kind of allegiance for any team. I just like to watch good baseball games. However if anything is ever said that isn't agreed with about someone or something from LC it's like an all out war. And the crazy thing is they have a good program, a great coach, a tremendous field, and an almost historic program[/B]. Yet the parents/fans or whoever these posters are get on here with closed minds and really make you dislike a program because of their attitudes. This message board should be something fun, and enjoyable. We should be able to post and even agree to disagree about particular things bc that's what sports is. That's the thrill of sports, it's always perceived differently by individuals. Yet it seems to me "IMO" the LC faithful take it to a whole new level. You can almost feel the tension and outrage thru the computer just by reading their messages. I just don't get it.

Yep, that's pretty much it in a nut shell. :Thumbs: Never seen a goofier bunch in all my life.....You just wait and see, you've got a big nasty PM coming soon from the leader of the pack telling you he's gonna come whup you for this unwarranted blasphemy....Honest, I've heard tell of it happening before...lol

And you never will get it either. It's gotta be that danged water up there!!!
Bob Seger Wrote:Yep, that's pretty much it in a nut shell. :Thumbs: Never seen a goofier bunch in all my life.....You just wait and see, you've got a big nasty PM coming soon from the leader of the pack telling you he's gonna come whup you for this unwarranted blasphemy....Honest, I've seen it happen before...lol

And you never will get it either. It's gotta be that danged water up there!!!

Want to share all the PM's Bob? What about the one where I said let's just be civil. Or the one where you threatened me with a gun? You conveniently left those out. :welcome:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Want to share all the PM's Bob? What about the one where I said let's just be civil. Or the one where you threatened me with a gun? You conveniently left those out. :welcome:

Who said anything about you?:popcorn:

You're just not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?
Completely Neutral Wrote:I swear for the life of me I just can't understand how someone can get on here and say only positive OR at the minimum neutral things about a particular situation at LC and then it is almost immediately turned into crazy argument and debate like you are attacking someone from there. You can look at any or all of my posts and they all are based on my opinions which I always say "IMO" or facts. And even with that I never say anything derogatory about a program as I root for all local teams and I don't have anyone playing on any team or have any kind of allegiance for any team. I just like to watch good baseball games. However if anything is ever said that isn't agreed with about someone or something from LC it's like an all out war. And the crazy thing is they have a good program, a great coach, a tremendous field, and an almost historic program. Yet the parents/fans or whoever these posters are get on here with closed minds and really make you dislike a program because of their attitudes. This message board should be something fun, and enjoyable. We should be able to post and even agree to disagree about particular things bc that's what sports is. That's the thrill of sports, it's always perceived differently by individuals. Yet it seems to me "IMO" the LC faithful take it to a whole new level. You can almost feel the tension and outrage thru the computer just by reading their messages. I just don't get it.

You can't pay alum any mind. He will attack anybody at any given time. He says himself that he only sees a handful of games a year and hides in the bushes on bulldog lane and watches a few practices, I think he sees more games than he lets on, heck he might be there WATCHING right now! I respect your right to voice your opinion about LC or any other program but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it nor should I attack you for voicing it. There are several good catchers in the 15th this year and the three you bring up are at the top of the list. As far as Josh Cantrell goes on that list, pre injury, thru his sophomore year I agree with you that he could compete with any of them. Big arm behind the plate. He was groomed for 3 years to be the next LC catcher, sitting behind Rice at the varsity level and playing a full JV schedule. Post injury, he hasn't played the catcher spot in 18 months and doubtful you will see him there again. Team needs change and injuries happen. IMO Miller is a more than capable catcher for the Bulldogs.
LawCo131 Wrote:You can't pay alum any mind. He will attack anybody at any given time. He says himself that he only sees a handful of games a year and hides in the bushes on bulldog lane and watches a few practices, I think he sees more games than he lets on, heck he might be there WATCHING right now! I respect your right to voice your opinion about LC or any other program but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it nor should I attack you for voicing it. There are several good catchers in the 15th this year and the three you bring up are at the top of the list. As far as Josh Cantrell goes on that list, pre injury, thru his sophomore year I agree with you that he could compete with any of them. Big arm behind the plate. He was groomed for 3 years to be the next LC catcher, sitting behind Rice at the varsity level and playing a full JV schedule. Post injury, he hasn't played the catcher spot in 18 months and doubtful you will see him there again. Team needs change and injuries happen. IMO Miller is a more than capable catcher for the Bulldogs.
Well now, how 'bout that.

Finally a sensible post.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next