•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key returning players for your team
Thank you LawCo131. I know I used to see Cantrell as a catcher in jv and from what I seen he was pretty good. I understand that Feltner won't use him as catcher anymore and that's reasonable. All I was saying if the wanted to play the position he would be at the top of my list in the region and all that's based upon what I seen a couple years ago. Plainly put the kid is a player! I'm not sure who's who behind all the screen names although I have an idea. What happened to LCgrad2002? Is that the new alum? If so I know exactly who, or should I say "what" I'm dealing with, haha.
Some people haha!
Well Bob you were exactly right. I got a PM from LcAlum just like you said I would. I'm debating on posting the PM so I can show and prove my point about how some of the LC people, at least the few I come across on here conduct themselves. So while I'm debating on that I will at least address some of the PM from you "alum" publicly.
1st: After reading your PM I've come to realize your intellegience level is less than I had originally thought. You can say I "called" you out if u want but however I did not. If you read my post I simply asked a question and then said "IF". So don't go making assumptions.
2nd: I can tell you I have personally seen Cantrell catch many games, although not on the varsity level, and I am able to at least make my own assumption and opinion on me "believing" that he would be a top notch catcher.
Now I'll say this. As of now I'll not share your PM but let me tell you if you have something to say to me address it publicly. I have not said anything derogatory about anyone or even a program. I have simply stated my beliefs and my opinions in a well mannered way. If your unable to read my posts without getting your panties in a ruffle and sending me PM's I would suggest you not read them at all. That's the problem with you guys is your not able to accept positive criticism. I don't know if it's bc of all the snow days and LC isn't able to give the best education and therefore the days they were supposed to teach about it's okay for everybody to have their own opinion, got put aside so they could teach something else or what the problem is but trust me, as of now this is still AMERICA and everyone is entitled to voice their beliefs. Also one other mistake you made by sending me the private PM is now I know with 100% certainty who you are. If you was as smart as you thought you was u should've left me wondering and I might have still thought you was who you said wasn't.
Completely Neutral Wrote:Well Bob you were exactly right. I got a PM from LcAlum just like you said I would. I'm debating on posting the PM so I can show and prove my point about how some of the LC people, at least the few I come across on here conduct themselves. So while I'm debating on that I will at least address some of the PM from you "alum" publicly.
1st: After reading your PM I've come to realize your intellegience level is less than I had originally thought. You can say I "called" you out if u want but however I did not. If you read my post I simply asked a question and then said "IF". So don't go making assumptions.
2nd: I can tell you I have personally seen Cantrell catch many games, although not on the varsity level, and I am able to at least make my own assumption and opinion on me "believing" that he would be a top notch catcher.
Now I'll say this. As of now I'll not share your PM but let me tell you if you have something to say to me address it publicly. I have not said anything derogatory about anyone or even a program. I have simply stated my beliefs and my opinions in a well mannered way. If your unable to read my posts without getting your panties in a ruffle and sending me PM's I would suggest you not read them at all. That's the problem with you guys is your not able to accept positive criticism. I don't know if it's bc of all the snow days and LC isn't able to give the best education and therefore the days they were supposed to teach about it's okay for everybody to have their own opinion, got put aside so they could teach something else or what the problem is but trust me, as of now this is still AMERICA and everyone is entitled to voice their beliefs. Also one other mistake you made by sending me the private PM is now I know with 100% certainty who you are. If you was as smart as you thought you was u should've left me wondering and I might have still thought you was who you said wasn't.

Oh, I knew you would.....lol

I'm a big fan of the old Andy Griffith Show and I am constantly reminded of the Ernest T. Bass episodes whenever the subject of LCHSalumnus comes up. Without a doubt, Barney's description of Ernest T. Bass fits LCHSalumnus perfectly.

He's a nut!!!
Completely Neutral Wrote:Well Bob you were exactly right. I got a PM from LcAlum just like you said I would. I'm debating on posting the PM so I can show and prove my point about how some of the LC people, at least the few I come across on here conduct themselves. So while I'm debating on that I will at least address some of the PM from you "alum" publicly.

Some things don't need to be on a public board. That's why PM's are there. For example, me and a SCHS fan was able to hash out things and come to a peaceful conclusion to our argument. How about that? Wow.

I said nothing negative to you in the PM. I'm not sure why you would treat that PM as a big deal. It wasn't.

Third, you go after my intelligence level and then try to make yourself look like a "great guy". :Shaking: I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to get information and share information. Some are here to troll and bash LC. Some are here to bash coaches because they think they could do better. Some are on here to give information. I get along with the last group the best. :Thumbs:

I have no problems with you. But, again, EVERYONE "hides" behind their screen name here. Singling me out.....:Shaking:
I didn't single u out in any way what so ever. If you look back I made a question to dawgfan and u made it your business to jump in on something that wasn't addressed to you. Then you had to try to use your beliefs and try to twist them into facts to try to make me look bad and make yourself look better. Then when I made another statement you decided to PM me, just like "Bob" said you would. I could care less about what you hashed out with anyone from SC. Like I said I'm entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. However I'm not gonna allow our differences in opinion result in you sending me PMs that I could care less to read. This is a public forum to discuss sports and topics, and not to have to worry about someone that doesn't agree with me sending me messages in which I don't want. So make your case public when it comes to me or font make it.
Furthermore I forgot to address. You can say whatever you want to about hiding behind screen names if you want but you know who I am and I definitely do you. So next time I see you at a LC game I'll come and say hello to you in person and let you know who completely neutral is. At that time your gonna be shocked. Btw we go way back. Wink wink.
Completely Neutral Wrote:Furthermore I forgot to address. You can say whatever you want to about hiding behind screen names if you want but you know who I am and I definitely do you. So next time I see you at a LC game I'll come and say hello to you in person and let you know who completely neutral is. At that time your gonna be shocked. Btw we go way back. Wink wink.

I'm not Donnie. Seriously. But, go ahead, you two may just have a great conversation. While that is going on, I'll be there watching a game and enjoying myself. TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
I know your not Donnie. Geez. Do u think I'm that stupid. I know exactly who you are.
This is the last message I'm gonna have about this non-sense. Just to let you know that I know your not Donnie, I'll tell you this. I have had a conversation with one of your rivals in the last little bit, and assured them of who you are. I also told them a lot of detailed things about you, that I know to prove who you are. And trust me when I tell you this. I really do know who you are.
Completely Neutral Wrote:I know your not Donnie. Geez. Do u think I'm that stupid. I know exactly who you are.

Got to give you credit. You are smarter than I thought. Confusednicker: Out me now, since you know. You may not get a chance to since there isn't a good chance I'll be attending many baseball games this year. Work schedule has changed. Stinks, but got to pay the bills.

I'm sure everyone is dying to know. Confusednicker: Just post my initials. Enquiring minds want to know.

You can send me a PM too, if you want. See if you got me nailed or not. And I promise, I won't reply back to your PM.
The good news is, everyone will only have to deal with the nonsense from the LC faithful through the third week of May. That first round district loss will keep them all silent until July. Ha
baseball1974 Wrote:The good news is, everyone will only have to deal with the nonsense from the LC faithful through the third week of May. That first round district loss will keep them all silent until July. Ha

:lame:
baseball1974 Wrote:The good news is, everyone will only have to deal with the nonsense from the LC faithful through the third week of May. That first round district loss will keep them all silent until July. Ha

Better check your meds you didn't take enough or you have taken to much either way probably not good for you, at your advanced age. I know at your age the brain does not function as well as it should. So take your meds and on a day when your thoughts are clear come back and post again. Wishing you better health and a clearer mind from dawg land.
Got to see some practice today the team was working on bunting defense, and this is how I seen them lined up. Turner 3ird, keesee ss, cyrus 2nd, coverdale 1st, miller catcher, don't if that means anythingthis time of year or not.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Got to give you credit. You are smarter than I thought. Confusednicker: Out me now, since you know. You may not get a chance to since there isn't a good chance I'll be attending many baseball games this year. Work schedule has changed. Stinks, but got to pay the bills.

I'm sure everyone is dying to know. Confusednicker: Just post my initials. Enquiring minds want to know.

You can send me a PM too, if you want. See if you got me nailed or not. And I promise, I won't reply back to your PM.

Don't deprive yourself.It's not too long of a trip over to Paul Blazer's field...Take in a game or two. It just around the corner so it shouldn't take too much time out of your busy schedule.:popcorn:
Bob Seger Wrote:Don't deprive yourself.It's not too long of a trip over to Paul Blazer's field...Take in a game or two. It just around the corner so it shouldn't take too much time out of your busy schedule.:popcorn:

I'm confused. :help:
dawg fan Wrote:Better check your meds you didn't take enough or you have taken to much either way probably not good for you, at your advanced age. I know at your age the brain does not function as well as it should. So take your meds and on a day when your thoughts are clear come back and post again. Wishing you better health and a clearer mind from dawg land.

I know its difficult to hear and I understand your overwhelming need to defend your team, but it would not shock me at all if LC ended up sitting out this year's regional tournament. Coach Lawson has the ability to out coach anyone in that district. I know you all will say that LC has too much talent for that to happen. However, you give coach Lawson a group of kids with average talent or even a few with below average talent, add a pitcher that can throw strikes, and LC will lose to PCC/Coach Lawson 65-70% of the time. As hard as that is to hear, I am pretty sure you all know deep down its true, and anyone that knows Chris Lawson also knows it to be true. Last season they had a group of all below average kids and were district champs. I see no reason why they wouldn't repeat for the district this year.
Baseball 1974. In addressing your post, I'll say this. I think coach Lawson is a terrific baseball mind. I compare his knowledge to that of Mike Hall. I think PCC will be a pretty decent club for a 15th region team. I think that Justice is right at the top of list with the best pitchers in the region. I believe that he can shut down any team in this region on a given night. I'm not sure I would agree with you saying he would beat LC 65-70% of the time! but that's your opinion and your are most certainly entitled to it. My opinion is, if Justice is on the mound that PCC has the ability to split with them. I don't think that LC moving to the 60th district is going to be the cakewalk they think it is gonna be. Belfry has a good team and so does PCC. LC will have to work hard bc I think it is very well possible that they could be left out of the regional tournament this year. I really don't think that will happen, bc is know coach Feltner will have his team ready to play and he has a knack of winning big games in crucial situations. However I do think it is very possible.
Completely Neutral Wrote:Baseball 1974. In addressing your post, I'll say this. I think coach Lawson is a terrific baseball mind. I compare his knowledge to that of Mike Hall. I think PCC will be a pretty decent club for a 15th region team. I think that Justice is right at the top of list with the best pitchers in the region. I believe that he can shut down any team in this region on a given night. I'm not sure I would agree with you saying he would beat LC 65-70% of the time! but that's your opinion and your are most certainly entitled to it. My opinion is, if Justice is on the mound that PCC has the ability to split with them. I don't think that LC moving to the 60th district is going to be the cakewalk they think it is gonna be. Belfry has a good team and so does PCC. LC will have to work hard bc I think it is very well possible that they could be left out of the regional tournament this year. I really don't think that will happen, bc is know coach Feltner will have his team ready to play and he has a knack of winning big games in crucial situations. However I do think it is very possible.

I'm not completely sold on feltner being as good of a coach as advertised. Since shepherd has graduated they've still had some of the best talent but not be able to win, and one year not even making the tournament at all. Anytime you put a shutdown/division 1/future draft pick into the 15th region you're going to win inspite of several things. Shepherd won 3 out of the 4 regional tournaments while in high school, and I'm pretty sure the one he didn't win was during his injury and he couldn't pitch and they were almost mercied in the region. That makes me wonder how much he really had to do with it? They've had the better talent in the region since shepherd left but not the same results. A "great" coach is somebody that can win even with less talent and I think at this point he's probably the third best coach in his district. Now I could be completely wrong, but I'd like to see a few more seasons withoit him having a shutdown pitcher before I give home a "great" coach tag. I've just seen more done with less from other coaches and its hard for me to give a coach that label when they've always had the best talent to work with. There's not a lot of X's and O's involved when you know the other team won't score. This year will be a great test to see how he stacks up in regards to coaching.
baseball1974 Wrote:I know its difficult to hear and I understand your overwhelming need to defend your team, but it would not shock me at all if LC ended up sitting out this year's regional tournament. Coach Lawson has the ability to out coach anyone in that district. I know you all will say that LC has too much talent for that to happen. However, you give coach Lawson a group of kids with average talent or even a few with below average talent, add a pitcher that can throw strikes, and LC will lose to PCC/Coach Lawson 65-70% of the time. As hard as that is to hear, I am pretty sure you all know deep down its true, and anyone that knows Chris Lawson also knows it to be true. Last season they had a group of all below average kids and were district champs. I see no reason why they wouldn't repeat for the district this year.

1st of all you are assuming that lc won't be the number seed, and play phelps in the opening round, 2nd you seem to forget lc is returning 7 starters and 18 or 19 wins on the mound from the regional runner up last year, 3, you have let your opinion of coach feltner cloud your judgement, 4, that lc as a program has almost 700 wins, 10 district titles, and 6 regional titles, so yes I would say judging by history that talent makes a hugh difference.
You know you get on here and talk about how long you coached in college and been around the game but when you make these kind remarks it really hurts your credibility. Dont let the comments of a few poster drive you to insanity. Wishing you good health and and a clearer mind from dawg land! P.S. did you check those meds!!
baseball1974 Wrote:I'm not completely sold on feltner being as good of a coach as advertised. Since shepherd has graduated they've still had some of the best talent but not be able to win, and one year not even making the tournament at all. Anytime you put a shutdown/division 1/future draft pick into the 15th region you're going to win inspite of several things. Shepherd won 3 out of the 4 regional tournaments while in high school, and I'm pretty sure the one he didn't win was during his injury and he couldn't pitch and they were almost mercied in the region. That makes me wonder how much he really had to do with it? They've had the better talent in the region since shepherd left but not the same results. A "great" coach is somebody that can win even with less talent and I think at this point he's probably the third best coach in his district. Now I could be completely wrong, but I'd like to see a few more seasons withoit him having a shutdown pitcher before I give home a "great" coach tag. I've just seen more done with less from other coaches and its hard for me to give a coach that label when they've always had the best talent to work with. There's not a lot of X's and O's involved when you know the other team won't score. This year will be a great test to see how he stacks up in regards to coaching.

Pikeville didn't!
dawg fan Wrote:1st of all you are assuming that lc won't be the number seed, and play phelps in the opening round, 2nd you seem to forget lc is returning 7 starters and 18 or 19 wins on the mound from the regional runner up last year, 3, you have let your opinion of coach feltner cloud your judgement, 4, that lc as a program has almost 700 wins, 10 district titles, and 6 regional titles, so yes I would say judging by history that talent makes a hugh difference.
You know you get on here and talk about how long you coached in college and been around the game but when you make these kind remarks it really hurts your credibility. Dont let the comments of a few poster drive you to insanity. Wishing you good health and and a clearer mind from dawg land! P.S. did you check those meds!!

My credibility is just fine. Thanks for the concern though. I have nothing personal with feltner. I've never actually met the man. My opinion is based off several variables regarding him and I have the same opinion of every coach with those same variables. People coach differently though.
baseball1974 Wrote:My credibility is just fine. Thanks for the concern though. I have nothing personal with feltner. I've never actually met the man. My opinion is based off several variables regarding him and I have the same opinion of every coach with those same variables. People coach differently though.

Fact feltner 1st 6 years 139 wins avg. Over 23 wins a year, not bad for the 3rd best coach in the 60th district. At lc we have had a few players that were just born great, but the rest of the team with (as you put it) all that talent was developed by the coaching staff at lc.
Dang dawgfan. This man is entitled to his opinion. This is another classic example of someone stating their opinion and a LC poster gets outraged and starts attacking someone. Is it that hard to come back with a reply based upon facts or even your opinion without you having to be personal. I don't believe any where in this guys post did he say anything even close to being personal. He simply stated his belief and even some facts. Then you get on here and start talking about the mans credibility and make statements about his meds. I thought he made some valid points. Not that I necessarily agree but they are at least worth the argument. So if you wanna talk about credibility and your that concerned about it how about you remember that every time you get on here babbling.
baseball1974 Wrote:I know its difficult to hear and I understand your overwhelming need to defend your team, but it would not shock me at all if LC ended up sitting out this year's regional tournament. Coach Lawson has the ability to out coach anyone in that district. I know you all will say that LC has too much talent for that to happen. However, you give coach Lawson a group of kids with average talent or even a few with below average talent, add a pitcher that can throw strikes, and LC will lose to PCC/Coach Lawson 65-70% of the time. As hard as that is to hear, I am pretty sure you all know deep down its true, and anyone that knows Chris Lawson also knows it to be true. Last season they had a group of all below average kids and were district champs. I see no reason why they wouldn't repeat for the district this year.

If this is true (you are entitled to an opinion...but be ready for facts to dispute that opinion), then why is LC's record against Pike Central (with Lawson) 2-0 (score of 5-4 with Justice pitching; and 8-0)? In no way does anyone in LC think that the 60th is going to be a "cakewalk". Trust me. But, also, I don't think that PCC would defeat LC 65-70%.

Two seasons ago, Pike County Central had a very VERY good team. That 2013 I would say they were a top 5 team in the region. And LC beat them and Justice.

So, in your opinion, "great" coaches are those who win regions with less talent? Do you consider Coach Hall at JC a "great" coach? He won it last year, but had very good talent. He went from 2007 until 2014 without winning one. Why was that? Also, Pikeville won the region with Hamilton. My point is simple: coaches can be "great" even if they don't win it all.

Many people on here have their opinions about LC, and mostly they are not positive. But when LC fans get on here to dispute those unfounded claims or opinions, usually with facts and statistics, we are deemed to be antagonizing or provoking others?

Will LC win the 60th? Maybe. Will they win the 15th? Maybe. Could they? Yes.

(FYI: I think coach Hall at JC is a great coach, just using him as an example)
Completely Neutral Wrote:Dang dawgfan. This man is entitled to his opinion. This is another classic example of someone stating their opinion and a LC poster gets outraged and starts attacking someone. Is it that hard to come back with a reply based upon facts or even your opinion without you having to be personal. I don't believe any where in this guys post did he say anything even close to being personal. He simply stated his belief and even some facts. Then you get on here and start talking about the mans credibility and make statements about his meds. I thought he made some valid points. Not that I necessarily agree but they are at least worth the argument. So if you wanna talk about credibility and your that concerned about it how about you remember that every time you get on here babbling.

You mean like your buddy Bob on here? Oh, wait, he's not an LC fan....but does exactly what you described above. Confusedhh:
Completely Neutral Wrote:Dang dawgfan. This man is entitled to his opinion. This is another classic example of someone stating their opinion and a LC poster gets outraged and starts attacking someone. Is it that hard to come back with a reply based upon facts or even your opinion without you having to be personal. I don't believe any where in this guys post did he say anything even close to being personal. He simply stated his belief and even some facts. Then you get on here and start talking about the mans credibility and make statements about his meds. I thought he made some valid points. Not that I necessarily agree but they are at least worth the argument. So if you wanna talk about credibility and your that concerned about it how about you remember that every time you get on here babbling.

I was just concerned with his mental health, I was always taught to look out for our senior citizens. With that being said I really don't understand why everyone is entitled to their opinions unless they are from lawrence county.
dawg fan Wrote:I was just concerned with his mental health, I was always taught to look out for our senior citizens. With that being said I really don't understand why everyone is entitled to their opinions unless they are from lawrence county.

True. So true. And when we point it out, we are referred to as "babies" or "whiners". :biglmao:
I think even people from LC are entitled to their opinions. The difference is when people from LC voice their opinions it is combined with something personal about someone, at least 85% of the time. Look back at my previous posts you never see me say anything to anyone from LC about their opinion unless their opinion is coupled with a derogatory statement. Look above at LCbulldogsalum post. Although we have had our bouts at least THIS post was based upon opinions and facts and actually said nothing in retaliation or anything defamatory about anyone. All those type statements are great for this forum. But your sarcastic remarks are just a true reflection of the kind of person you truly are.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next