•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Key returning players for your team
Alum you say what you want about Bob, I really don't care. I will tell you I don't know the man. He is not my buddy, I have never met him (to the best of my knowledge) and I have no idea who he is. I know he says things that aren't online with the topic and says derogatory things about LC people, but to his defense it seems to me that it's always in retaliation of someone from LC acting like they typically do. I may be wrong I'm just saying from what I've seen. Also when he talks about the topics being discussed you cannot take away from him that he is very informed and for the most part has facts to back up what he says. He makes valid points and even you must admit he is very knowledgable about local high school baseball.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:If this is true (you are entitled to an opinion...but be ready for facts to dispute that opinion), then why is LC's record against Pike Central (with Lawson) 2-0 (score of 5-4 with Justice pitching; and 8-0)? In no way does anyone in LC think that the 60th is going to be a "cakewalk". Trust me. But, also, I don't think that PCC would defeat LC 65-70%.

Two seasons ago, Pike County Central had a very VERY good team. That 2013 I would say they were a top 5 team in the region. And LC beat them and Justice.

So, in your opinion, "great" coaches are those who win regions with less talent? Do you consider Coach Hall at JC a "great" coach? He won it last year, but had very good talent. He went from 2007 until 2014 without winning one. Why was that? Also, Pikeville won the region with Hamilton. My point is simple: coaches can be "great" even if they don't win it all.

Many people on here have their opinions about LC, and mostly they are not positive. But when LC fans get on here to dispute those unfounded claims or opinions, usually with facts and statistics, we are deemed to be antagonizing or provoking others?

Will LC win the 60th? Maybe. Will they win the 15th? Maybe. Could they? Yes.

(FYI: I think coach Hall at JC is a great coach, just using him as an example)

You would need a lot more games than just those two to consider the percentages. I'm not saying LC won't win some of them, but Lawson would win the majority of the time within the variables i stated.

I think coach hall is a good coach. They were probably the third or fourth best team when they won in 07.' I don't consider him a "great" coach though. That term gets thrown around way too much without merit. However, he is a descent high school coach that will win more than he loses, but he's also lost a lot with better talent. Him and Feltner are both descent high school coaches, but I do believe both of them have a deficiency where they can be out coached and lose to teams they shouldn't. It's not because they're unprepared or fundamentally unsound or play the game the wrong way, it's because the team they are playing has a better "in-game" coach.

Someone mentioned how he develops those players and that is how he gets talent and I should leave that alone because I know your fan base's crazy reaction. However, after considering the amount of injuries he's accumulated since he took over, I very seriously doubt the developmental aspect is that strong, especially since LC's arm injury rate is quadruple the number of the national high school average. That's not something that can be argued, that's just how it is at LC right now with the baseball program.
Completely Neutral Wrote:I think even people from LC are entitled to their opinions. The difference is when people from LC voice their opinions it is combined with something personal about someone, at least 85% of the time. Look back at my previous posts you never see me say anything to anyone from LC about their opinion unless their opinion is coupled with a derogatory statement. Look above at LCbulldogsalum post. Although we have had our bouts at least THIS post was based upon opinions and facts and actually said nothing in retaliation or anything defamatory about anyone. All those type statements are great for this forum. But your sarcastic remarks are just a true reflection of the kind of person you truly are.

Alright, look at it like this if you can:

Baseball1974 makes a claim that LC's coach isn't "great" or something like that. But then, he says that Lawson from Pike Central is. He says LC's coach isn't because he won his regional titles with Chandler Shepherd. But references Lawson being "great" because he won the 60th last year. Yet, when going to the region, Lawson loses in the 1st round? Also, Coach Feltner won the 57th in 2013 with a team that didn't have a dominant player on that team. Lost in the regional semifinals that year too. But, again, Lawson is "better" because....????? Feltner is 2-0 against Lawson at PCC, and the teams were pretty evenly matched in talent the past 2 seasons. Each had ONE dominant pitcher.

It's not that we are calling out his "opinion", we are showing his BIAS against LC. I'm starting to figure him out. In fact, I'm 99% sure why he does this. Has something to do with a former LC coach. I'll leave it at that.

So, opinions are fine. But making unfounded claims and saying they are "opinions" or hiding behind them as "opinion" deserve to be called out. For example, I have supplied stats and documented information to support my claim that he is bias against LC or Coach Feltner. I don't call that "attacking". Certain posters on here posting "must be in the water" in reference to LC fans is attacking. But, they are allowed because we must "deserve" it.....yeah, right....:eyeroll:
baseball1974 Wrote:You would need a lot more games than just those two to consider the percentages. I'm not saying LC won't win some of them, but Lawson would win the majority of the time within the variables i stated.

I think coach hall is a good coach. They were probably the third or fourth best team when they won in 07.' I don't consider him a "great" coach though. That term gets thrown around way too much without merit. However, he is a descent high school coach that will win more than he loses, but he's also lost a lot with better talent. Him and Feltner are both descent high school coaches, but I do believe both of them have a deficiency where they can be out coached and lose to teams they shouldn't. It's not because they're unprepared or fundamentally unsound or play the game the wrong way, it's because the team they are playing has a better "in-game" coach.

Someone mentioned how he develops those players and that is how he gets talent and I should leave that alone because I know your fan base's crazy reaction. However, after considering the amount of injuries he's accumulated since he took over, I very seriously doubt the developmental aspect is that strong, especially since LC's arm injury rate is quadruple the number of the national high school average. That's not something that can be argued, that's just how it is at LC right now with the baseball program.

We've exhausted this claim. One guy blew his elbow up on a FARM working. He had less than 20 innings of action. Then you have Shepherd. When he sustained his injury, 75% of his innings were under Head Coach Keaton.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Alright, look at it like this if you can:

Baseball1974 makes a claim that LC's coach isn't "great" or something like that. But then, he says that Lawson from Pike Central is. He says LC's coach isn't because he won his regional titles with Chandler Shepherd. But references Lawson being "great" because he won the 60th last year. Yet, when going to the region, Lawson loses in the 1st round? Also, Coach Feltner won the 57th in 2013 with a team that didn't have a dominant player on that team. Lost in the regional semifinals that year too. But, again, Lawson is "better" because....????? Feltner is 2-0 against Lawson at PCC, and the teams were pretty evenly matched in talent the past 2 seasons. Each had ONE dominant pitcher.

It's not that we are calling out his "opinion", we are showing his BIAS against LC. I'm starting to figure him out. In fact, I'm 99% sure why he does this. Has something to do with a former LC coach. I'll leave it at that.

So, opinions are fine. But making unfounded claims and saying they are "opinions" or hiding behind them as "opinion" deserve to be called out. For example, I have supplied stats and documented information to support my claim that he is bias against LC or Coach Feltner. I don't call that "attacking". Certain posters on here posting "must be in the water" in reference to LC fans is attacking. But, they are allowed because we must "deserve" it.....yeah, right....:eyeroll:

It may help if you do a little bit of homework. I never said Lawson was great, just better. The reason I think that has nothing to do with what Lawson has done at PCC, rather what he has done in the past.

You need to get past the bias thing. That's where all of you go when you can't say anything intelligent.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:You mean like your buddy Bob on here? Oh, wait, he's not an LC fan....but does exactly what you described above. Confusedhh:

lol....And you have me on your mind again? Every breath you take and every sleeping moment you have, I must haunt you.TongueirateSho

Does your wife know you have these fantasies? To be honest, your kinda making me a little uncomfortable with all this stalker stuff, alum.:yikes::yikes:
baseball1974 Wrote:It may help if you do a little bit of homework. I never said Lawson was great, just better. The reason I think that has nothing to do with what Lawson has done at PCC, rather what he has done in the past.

You need to get past the bias thing. That's where all of you go when you can't say anything intelligent.

So Lawson never had a stud while at Pikeville? I guess only LC has had them. Confusednicker:
Will it ever end any other way than letting the LC faithful win the argument. EVERY thread becomes one and as my buddy Bob says there is something bad in that water down there apparently.

Randy Keaton forgot more baseball than Feltner knows.
Bob Seger Wrote:lol....And you have me on your mind again? Every breathe you take and every sleeping moment you have, I must haunt you.TongueirateSho

Does your wife know you have these fantasies? To be honest, your kinda making me a little uncomfortable with all this stalker stuff, alum.:yikes::yikes:

Hardly. I reference you as everything negative on here. Don't worry Bobby. If I were a 50-something year old man behind a computer trash talking on a HIGH SCHOOL message board....I'd really be proud.

Besides, who is the poster who constantly replies to my posts? You. How many times do I respond to yours? Very few. Look it up.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:We've exhausted this claim. One guy blew his elbow up on a FARM working. He had less than 20 innings of action. Then you have Shepherd. When he sustained his injury, 75% of his innings were under Head Coach Keaton.

Everyone knows the real number and if it were only two then it'd never have been brought up. Those kids were named in another thread and I won't bring all of them up again but if you think its only two then you either have no clue what you're talking about or you're just trying to downplay it as much as you can.

By the way, coach Keeton retired on his own. Why on earth would I have an issue over someone retiring?

Nah, that's just trying to come up with a logical answer for why one particular fan base is just eat up with the stupids.
baseball1974 Wrote:Everyone knows the real number and if it were only two then it'd never have been brought up. Those kids were named in another thread and I won't bring all of them up again but if you think its only two then you either have no clue what you're talking about or you're just trying to downplay it as much as you can.

By the way, coach Keeton retired on his own. Why on earth would I have an issue over someone retiring?

I never said Keeton. You did. Hmm.....maybe it's something completely different....perhaps you are........nah........:eyeroll:
Bob Seger Wrote:Nah, that's just trying to come up with a logical answer for why one particular fan base is just eat up with the stupids.

Now Bob, why did you have to bring up Sheldon Clark.......:Clap:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:I never said Keeton. You did. Hmm.....maybe it's something completely different....perhaps you are........nah........:eyeroll:

I am losing IQ points as we speak trying to make heads or tails of what you're talking about. Sometimes there just isn't no other reason than someone's opinion.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Hardly. I reference you as everything negative on here. Don't worry Bobby. If I were a 50-something year old man behind a computer trash talking on a HIGH SCHOOL message board....I'd really be proud.

Besides, who is the poster who constantly replies to my posts? You. How many times do I respond to yours? Very few. Look it up.

Can you name me one other poster on this whole board that doesn't think you are a complete moron?..Dont you think it funny that you have to argue with every single poster on here..Looks to me like even all of the other LC posters put you in the same category....Now that's BAD!!! If everybody knew what I knew they would for sure be laughing their hind ends off to begin with.

Anyways, you're starting to give me the creeps with all this fascination stuff.....Again, you are either obsessed or haunted. It's one of the two.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Now Bob, why did you have to bring up Sheldon Clark.......:Clap:

They are geniuses compared to those that come from the land where the Tug butts up to the Levisa.

Don't misunderstand me, I think feltner and hall both are above average coaches. They are both very consistent and maintain a high level of play. Don't think for a second I don't believethat to be true bbecause I do. I do think there are a couple that are better though and that's simply what I'm saying. Nothing personal against either of them. I'm told old to have personal issues anyway. I am going to give my opinion on certain things though and knowing Randy for over 40 years has given me a reason to follow Lawrence more so than some of the others I've covered in the past. I'm sure he is a great guy and I'm speaking only in a baseball context.
baseball1974 Wrote:Don't misunderstand me, I think feltner and hall both are above average coaches. They are both very consistent and maintain a high level of play. Don't think for a second I don't believethat to be true bbecause I do. I do think there are a couple that are better though and that's simply what I'm saying. Nothing personal against either of them. I'm told old to have personal issues anyway. I am going to give my opinion on certain things though and knowing Randy for over 40 years has given me a reason to follow Lawrence more so than some of the others I've covered in the past. I'm sure he is a great guy and I'm speaking only in a baseball context.

To be honest I don't know enough of the x's and o's of baseball to say one coach is better than another. What I do know is that the kids from lc are not born with any more talent than any other kid in eastern ky. Feltner has averged over 23 wins a year, imo it would seem that coaching and player development would have to play a part in that. I have not researched every coach in the 15th region but I would say not many have had that many wins in their 1st six years. All I can tell you is I think feltner is great for my son, he runs a tight ship, and doesn't allow any foolishness. Their are not many people that a 16 or 17 year old boy have respect for, but they respect feltner. Now as an x's and o's coach you my be right he be the 3rd best in the 60th district, but as a coach of young men imo he can't be beat.
dawg fan Wrote:To be honest I don't know enough of the x's and o's of baseball to say one coach is better than another. What I do know is that the kids from lc are not born with any more talent than any other kid in eastern ky. Feltner has averged over 23 wins a year, imo it would seem that coaching and player development would have to play a part in that. I have not researched every coach in the 15th region but I would say not many have had that many wins in their 1st six years. All I can tell you is I think feltner is great for my son, he runs a tight ship, and doesn't allow any foolishness. Their are not many people that a 16 or 17 year old boy have respect for, but they respect feltner. Now as an x's and o's coach you my be right he be the 3rd best in the 60th district, but as a coach of young men imo he can't be beat.

All kidding aside , I really like Coach Feltner, and I don't dispute any of what you just said...Credit, where credit is due.
See you prove my point with every post. No one on here was talking about SCHS. Then it's like you just can't help yourself. You went and drug another program into a fight that they had no dog in. I have to agree with Bob. Even your own people think your a cancer. You really need to take a break from this forum before your not even welcome in LC. With every post I'm starting to believe your the guy that plays Patrick Star on my sons Spongebob cartoon!
Completely Neutral Wrote:See you prove my point with every post. No one on here was talking about SCHS. Then it's like you just can't help yourself. You went and drug another program into a fight that they had no dog in. I have to agree with Bob. Even your own people think your a cancer. You really need to take a break from this forum before your not even welcome in LC. With every post I'm starting to believe your the guy that plays Patrick Star on my sons Spongebob cartoon!

Talk about being too sensitive. I guess it's ok to make fun of us LC people by saying "must be in the water", but to joke about another group of people.....off limits. Confusedhh:

I didn't know this was a popularity contest here. Guess I lose. :eyeroll: Boohoo.

I will joke, I will have opinions. Deal with it.
Completely Neutral Wrote:See you prove my point with every post. No one on here was talking about SCHS. Then it's like you just can't help yourself. You went and drug another program into a fight that they had no dog in. I have to agree with Bob. Even your own people think your a cancer. You really need to take a break from this forum before your not even welcome in LC. With every post I'm starting to believe your the guy that plays Patrick Star on my sons Spongebob cartoon!

Well it's kinda changed CN. After talking to some of his buddies (or so he thinks), it's now more along the line of harmless laughing stock, since the secret's out....For the life of me, I couldn't find one soul that takes him seriously....Kind of like Wormser in the Nerds movies. Confusednicker:
That's funny Bob. It kinda reminds me of the kid in school that always tried to fit in but just didn't. The one that would get in trouble bc he thought that negative attention was better than no attention at all. Yeah thats him. Finally figured this guy out. So now the way to deal with him is just say nothing back to him at all and let him sit in the corner and wonder why nobody wants to play anymore.
Completely Neutral Wrote:That's funny Bob. It kinda reminds me of the kid in school that always tried to fit in but just didn't. The one that would get in trouble bc he thought that negative attention was better than no attention at all. Yeah thats him. Finally figured this guy out. So now the way to deal with him is just say nothing back to him at all and let him sit in the corner and wonder why nobody wants to play anymore.

From what was relayed to me he kinda fits into the square peg type of kid trying to fit into the round hole....

Kinda sad really, when you think about it.
Bob Seger Wrote:Well it's kinda changed CN. After talking to some of his buddies (or so he thinks), it's now more along the line of harmless laughing stock, since the secret's out....For the life of me, I couldn't find one soul that takes him seriously....Kind of like Wormser in the Nerds movies. Confusednicker:

Play your hand Bob. I can assure you of this, you guys have NO CLUE who I am. :Thumbs: Why not focus on what's at hand, instead of worrying about one poster who you claim you all don't take serious? For someone that is insignificant on here, I sure do eat up a lot of your time. :eyeroll:

Again, play your hand. I'm calling your bluff...
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Play your hand Bob. I can assure you of this, you guys have NO CLUE who I am. :Thumbs: Why not focus on what's at hand, instead of worrying about one poster who you claim you all don't take serious? For someone that is insignificant on here, I sure do eat up a lot of your time. :eyeroll:

Again, play your hand. I'm calling your bluff...

And prematurely spoil the future extravaganza?

Not a chance...Be patient grasshoppa.TongueirateSho
Many many years ago, when my brother and I would fight, my mother would make us hug....LOL

Wonder if I could persuade LCHSbulldogsalum and Bob Seger to hug and make up??

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear if they was to hug, LCHSalumnuts would cry that he got hugged to hard or that he felt that Bob didn't really mean it. I guarantee thee would be some kind of crying or excuse making. That just comes natural to him.
To be fair, I hugged Bob Seger one time....the same football game that I hugged Do-double-gg! Both were over rated experiences!!!

Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:To be fair, I hugged Bob Seger one time....the same football game that I hugged Do-double-gg! Both were over rated experiences!!!

Confusednicker:

That may be the best POST EVER!!!
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next