•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Harlan County's Next Coach?
Bottom line is from things like this happening how many coaches do you all think will be loyal to a school? High school coaches today will bolt in a second because they are talking NOW AFTER THINGS LIKE THIS and they happened to a few guys last year. It is a shame but coaches will have get out before they get got. I have heard several coaches talk about this the last couple of years. The problem is when I played high school ball 30 some years ago principals and superintendents where old coaches, people that knew how to run a team and knew how hard it is to win. Today you have English and Biology teachers who never coached or played that are principals that have no spine and listen to parents. It is a shame but if you think coaches will be loyal to your program or anyone else program you are wrong those days are over after things like this that are happing ever where.
johnnyd Wrote:One bad year and he's done.... huh? This is probably the dumbest comment I have read on here. You do realize that he has won 8 games a year at Harlan County. That is about the same level that Knox Central has been at. Seems that the series is even at 2-2 between the two. If that is done then Russell needs fired as well.

You're fired ! :gtfo:
johnnyd Wrote:Belfry, Johnson Central, Harlan County all have success doing what they do. Everyone forgets that there is only one happy team at the end of the season. But the fans that were screaming will get what they want. I'll bet in two years this will be a decision that they will regret. You didn't just lose Larkey but Ovie Canady also. Its hard to find coaches that are as dedicated and that the kids loved as much as these two.

The people who are willing to sell their souls just to get a game or two further in the playoffs don't understand that NO ONE has beat Highlands in years from their division. It doesn't matter during this time who the coach is Harlan still wouldn't have a state title. Im sure who ever gets the job next year will have success because they returned about everyone so they will look like a genius but over the long term the tale may be different.
Actually we lost almost the entire O-Line and D-Line to graduation.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Hey booster why is it ive been smart enough tonsee this coming and been saying it all year long but you've denied it? Guess you're not much of a booster if you didn't know this was happening huh? Confusednicker: not only are you a horrible booster but know nothing about football. You people on here thought you represented the county but in fact the county wanted him gone when he lost control of the team 2 years ago when the state police had to break up a fight at halftime and arrest a player in the locker room. This goes beyond football and if you knew the team like you think you do you would know that. This was the right move just the wrong way to do it. but in the end booster I was right and you were wrong as usual so get over it he's gone and nothing can be done about it.

I dont agree with how they went about it.They should have at least talked to him face to face and asked him to resign.He probably wasn't going to be there much longer anyway.How old is he? Why are people obsessing over and defending these one dimensional coaches that allow defenses to stack the box? maybe he is a good man and role model but there are other good men out there .coaches are hired with the goal of winning. maybe he can be assistant at my alma-mater since they've always liked that style Confusednicker:
Demarcus ware Wrote:Hey booster why is it ive been smart enough tonsee this coming and been saying it all year long but you've denied it? Guess you're not much of a booster if you didn't know this was happening huh? Confusednicker: not only are you a horrible booster but know nothing about football. You people on here thought you represented the county but in fact the county wanted him gone when he lost control of the team 2 years ago when the state police had to break up a fight at halftime and arrest a player in the locker room. This goes beyond football and if you knew the team like you think you do you would know that. This was the right move just the wrong way to do it. but in the end booster I was right and you were wrong as usual so get over it he's gone and nothing can be done about it.

I do remember that and if I recall he was kicked off the team and should have been done earlier but the only fault coach larkey made was trying to help the kid, maybe if the kid had been arrested earlier for things he did it wouldnt have come to that, but some turned a blind eye to the behavior in cumberland. The kid was a disease to the team but the only thing he had was football and that somehow kept him in school and was his only chance and i applaud our coaches for trying to help, unlike some who just sit by and watched and did nothing.
the county never wanted him gone, you act as if all of harlan co is involved, its was only a small portion of people with family/personal grudges and bad feelings that someone in their family didnt get the job.

im inclined to think that there are not many teams who dont have kids on team who are bad eggs and get into fights at pract or at halftime with as much as emotions that go into a good team. Every kid isnt saints.

first of all I never denied he was leaving or getting fired.

yes you did say it was going to happen, I give you credit for that. So since you knew it all along, i assume you are one the ones responsible for this happening by complaining to the principal and superintendent and you have now finally achieved your goal.
Bear booster Wrote:I do remember that and if I recall he was kicked off the team and should have been done earlier but the only fault coach larkey made was trying to help the kid, maybe if the kid had been arrested earlier for things he did it wouldnt have come to that, but some turned a blind eye to the behavior in cumberland. The kid was a disease to the team but the only thing he had was football and that somehow kept him in school and was his only chance and i applaud our coaches for trying to help, unlike some who just sit by and watched and did nothing.
the county never wanted him gone, you act as if all of harlan co is involved, its was only a small portion of people with family/personal grudges and bad feelings that someone in their family didnt get the job.

im inclined to think that there are not many teams who dont have kids on team who are bad eggs and get into fights at pract or at halftime with as much as emotions that go into a good team. Every kid isnt saints.
And the point is he's gone so might as well move on to the next coach. Hopefully the next one will know that a forward pass is actually legal.

So because of one idiot player he lost the team. Do you hear what you are saying? That would be like if you owned a company and one of your workers got a DUI and people started saying that you lost the company. The kid in question I know for a fact that the coaches tried time and time again to help him. Why don't you ask Carson Whitehead if he lost him or the Tucker boy because I have read their post on facebook on how they loved the old man and it was devastating to them that he was fired. Its ok Mr. Ware you will get what you get from this. Just remember change is part of live but it can be both good and bad. Its going to be interesting to see if you can live with the change if this turns out how I think it will.
Bear booster Wrote:first of all I never denied he was leaving or getting fired.

yes you did say it was going to happen, I give you credit for that. So since you knew it all along, i assume you are one the ones responsible for this happening by complaining to the principal and superintendent and you have now finally achieved your goal.
What you need to understand is I dont even live in HC. I don't even know who the superintendent is up there. If I got someone fired by my bgr post then I'm more awesome than I thought. Everything I said came from watching games and I wasn't emotional about it. So yeah I kept the level head about it and seen it for what it was. One dimension football which is outdated. Cant keep hanging your hats on a district title every year. Especially when its the worst district in the state.
Demarcus ware Wrote:And the point is he's gone so might as well move on to the next coach. Hopefully the next one will know that a forward pass is actually legal.

right. I wonder who is on the list. Saylor? Frazier? Hilton?
johnnyd Wrote:So because of one idiot player he lost the team. Do you hear what you are saying? That would be like if you owned a company and one of your workers got a DUI and people started saying that you lost the company. The kid in question I know for a fact that the coaches tried time and time again to help him. Why don't you ask Carson Whitehead if he lost him or the Tucker boy because I have read their post on facebook on how they loved the old man and it was devastating to them that he was fired. Its ok Mr. Ware you will get what you get from this. Just remember change is part of live but it can be both good and bad. Its going to be interesting to see if you can live with the change if this turns out how I think it will.
That was one example of what has went on. Im not saying he was a bad man at all. Its this simple, it was time to move on and thats what happened. Get over it geez.
You guys that preach on spreading teams out are hilarious. If you don't have the skill to do it, IT DOES NOT HELP!!! You can go empty if you want but if you don't have a QB that can get it to the receivers IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!! You are just losing another blocker at the Point of attack.

Did any of you football genius watch the Broncos against the Colts? If you can't throw it spread does you No good! Peyton Manning for heavens sake and they stacked the box b/c they know he can't throw it anymore.

Very rarely in the mountains do you have a QB that can throw it. It just does not happen. In fact Coach Larkey did throw the ball a bunch at Rock when he had a QB that could get it done. Other years he ground and pound because that was the best way to win.

1 of you guys go Coach a k-2 team this year and try to develop a QB. Follow them at every level and when that bunch gets to High School, lets see how the QB development goes.
pjdoug Wrote:right. I wonder who is on the list. Saylor? Frazier? Hilton?
Im not sure who they have in mind. The hire will tell the story as to why this happened. Whether it be political or actually wanting to move in a different direction. People up there was tired of the old school up the middle football. but to hear people on here thats all HC can run cause the kids dont have talent. Most ridiculous thing they can come up with.
Demarcus ware Wrote:That was one example of what has went on. Im not saying he was a bad man at all. Its this simple, it was time to move on and thats what happened. Get over it geez.

Im just telling you...best of luck in the future. Your administration has crumbled as far as support of football in the last few years. Larkey was what was holding it together. You'll find out. Like I said you'll be ok in the short term but in the long term you've got problems.
William Muney Wrote:You guys that preach on spreading teams out are hilarious. If you don't have the skill to do it, IT DOES NOT HELP!!! You can go empty if you want but if you don't have a QB that can get it to the receivers IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!! You are just losing another blocker at the Point of attack.

Did any of you football genius watch the Broncos against the Colts? If you can't throw it spread does you No good! Peyton Manning for heavens sake and they stacked the box b/c they know he can't throw it anymore.

Very rarely in the mountains do you have a QB that can throw it. It just does not happen. In fact Coach Larkey did throw the ball a bunch at Rock when he had a QB that could get it done. Other years he ground and pound because that was the best way to win.

1 of you guys go Coach a k-2 team this year and try to develop a QB. Follow them at every level and when that bunch gets to High School, lets see how the QB development goes.
I never said anything about spreading it out so your reading comprehension is hilarious.

I don't post here much, I mainly just read. I would like to look back two years ago when the new principal came to HC, I think that when Bob Howard left so did the order. If kids cant get alone in school, then don't expect them to help one another on the field. It's just easy to say that the coaches didn't do good enough, but watching HC the only thing I seen change was the principal. Maybe people should open their eyes and see what really needs to change at HC.

As for Hilton, He'd never put up with the politics that Harlan County appears to be headed back to.
William Muney Wrote:You guys that preach on spreading teams out are hilarious. If you don't have the skill to do it, IT DOES NOT HELP!!! You can go empty if you want but if you don't have a QB that can get it to the receivers IT DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!!! You are just losing another blocker at the Point of attack.

Dont like coaching QB's, I am however coaching a defensive lineman that will be the best in the state and/or country one day.
Coal Bear Wrote:I don't post here much, I mainly just read. I would like to look back two years ago when the new principal came to HC, I think that when Bob Howard left so did the order. If kids cant get alone in school, then don't expect them to help one another on the field. It's just easy to say that the coaches didn't do good enough, but watching HC the only thing I seen change was the principal. Maybe people should open their eyes and see what really needs to change at HC.

As for Hilton, He'd never put up with the politics that Harlan County appears to be headed back to.
I agree the principal is a certified lunatic. When Bob Howard left that school done a nose dive. But this firing didnt come from the principal. Its gonna turn out to be for political reasons and not the right reason.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Dont like coaching QB's, I am however coaching a defensive lineman that will be the best in the state and/or country one day.

I see little league allstar. I know what kind of guy you are now.
johnnyd Wrote:I see little league allstar. I know what kind of guy you are now.
Wrong. Just ask the one's on here that actually know me. You're just crying cause your hero got the ax.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Wrong. Just ask the one's on here that actually know me. You're just crying cause your hero got the ax.

How many high school victories you have? Tom Larkey is a hero to many. I doubt if anyone would shed a tear for your dismissal.
Demarcus ware Wrote:And the point is he's gone so might as well move on to the next coach. Hopefully the next one will know that a forward pass is actually legal.

Yeah and maybe Belfry will start throwing it, wait they dont, they run the ball all the way to 2 straight state titles. HHHMMM, maybe running the ball does work.
johnnyd Wrote:How many high school victories you have? Tom Larkey is a hero to many. I doubt if anyone would shed a tear for your dismissal.
I dont like sympathy so good. Look here I hate the way this took place, Larkey was a good coach ive always said that but he's just one dimensional and I'm sure many schools would love to have him. But there are times when you just cant run over everyone and there lies the problem. You have to be able to do something different and he didnt make adjustments for that. That was my problem with him. I'm sure he's a fine man but in the end things needed to change.
Bear booster Wrote:Yeah and maybe Belfry will start throwing it, wait they dont, they run the ball all the way to 2 straight state titles. HHHMMM, maybe running the ball does work.
Because coach Haywood at belfry knows how to make adjustments. Geez you really dont know anything about football do you? By the way belfry is my favorite team I even went to support them at state. So see I dont mind a running coach as long as he makes it work. And please try to compare the two programs. Please do that. this will get comical.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Because coach Haywood at belfry knows how to make adjustments. Geez you really dont know anything about football do you? By the way belfry is my favorite team I even went to support them at state. So see I dont mind a running coach as long as he makes it work. And please try to compare the two programs. Please do that. this will get comical.

Ok we can compare. Who does Belfry have to go through to get to the state game? Why don't you compare the scores of the Johnson Central game for each team? If Belfry was where Harlan was over the last few years the results would be the same. Maybe you should learn a little football.
johnnyd Wrote:Ok we can compare. Who does Belfry have to go through to get to the state game? Why don't you compare the scores of the Johnson Central game for each team? If Belfry was where Harlan was over the last few years the results would be the same. Maybe you should learn a little football.
Head to head Belfry 2 hc 0. The first year they played hc loaded with seniors and belfry loaded with frosh and soph. Hc had perhaps their most talented team in school history and belfry was young. Total domination by belfry both years. Any questions?
johnnyd Wrote:Ok we can compare. Who does Belfry have to go through to get to the state game? Why don't you compare the scores of the Johnson Central game for each team? If Belfry was where Harlan was over the last few years the results would be the same. Maybe you should learn a little football.
Speaking of learning football, you should learn football math never works. Go back to school young grasshopper. Why compare to other games when we have head to head to compare to? Geez man I thought you was a football fan? Guess not so much huh?
HCHS led at halftime of the first game. The domination was this past year.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Head to head Belfry 2 hc 0. The first year they played hc loaded with seniors and belfry loaded with frosh and soph. Hc had perhaps their most talented team in school history and belfry was young. Total domination by belfry both years. Any questions?

Maybe you need to learn some more football.... Belfry did in fact have a few freshman's and sophomores on the 2013 team that played. They are all world however. #44 and #23 for Belfry are not your average freshman both are on national watch lists as recruits. On offense Belfry was either a junior or senior at almost every position. The qb, and one wing were seniors, the fb and other wing were juniors. The flanker was a junior. Sani Warren the qb was one of the best at the position ever at Belfry at both qb and cb. Their lineman were all old and seasoned. In 2013 Belfry won 21-12 which is a far cry from total domination. in 2014 Harlan was way down and Belfry still had some of its pieces. The 2013 belfry team would destroy the belfry 2014 team. I don't feel that 2014 was an accurate representation of what the coaches wanted to put out there on the field. But then again know it alls like you will tell me different. Now you got any questions?
Dudley
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next