Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coaching changes or rumors
Heard Bowen talking the other day. No one is going with him, except his son. He has great respect for the LC program and is close friends with several coaches on LC staff. Just a chance for a lifelong baseball guy to coach....period.
Old lefty Wrote:Heard Bowen talking the other day. No one is going with him, except his son. He has great respect for the LC program and is close friends with several coaches on LC staff. Just a chance for a lifelong baseball guy to coach....period.

I guess my big question is this...

Why did he not coach last year at LC?

Maybe the reason I heard is wrong....
old lefty Wrote:levisa lazer broke the story of the bowen hire. Wwww.levisalazer.com

lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:I guess my big question is this...

Why did he not coach last year at LC?

Maybe the reason I heard is wrong....

Disagreement with feltner.
Old lefty Wrote:Heard Bowen talking the other day. No one is going with him, except his son. He has great respect for the LC program and is close friends with several coaches on LC staff. Just a chance for a lifelong baseball guy to coach....period.

Don't get me wrong I don't think for second randy would ask a player to come to sc from lc but if you think that if a couple of them showed up enrolled at sheldon clark he wouldn't let them play you would be sadly mistaken.
dawg fan Wrote:Disagreement with feltner.

What was the disagreement about?
baseball1974 Wrote:What was the disagreement about?

Not on here. You can PM me and I'll share with you what I was told...No need to air dirty laundry on public forums. This isn't Topix. Confusednicker:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Not on here. You can PM me and I'll share with you what I was told...No need to air dirty laundry on public forums. This isn't Topix. Confusednicker:

I wasn't asking you first of all. I don't care enough to PM you about it, and if I did, I would rather hear an unbiased version anyway.
baseball1974 Wrote:I wasn't asking you first of all. I don't care enough to PM you about it, and if I did, I would rather hear an unbiased version anyway.

Fine, but don't try to put dirty laundry on the forum. That was my point. Neither side needs it. :Thumbs: Not sure what you mean by unbiased either. Everyone will have a bias. My information is just second hand, meaning there was probably bias in it as well.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Fine, but don't try to put dirty laundry on the forum. That was my point. Neither side needs it. :Thumbs: Not sure what you mean by unbiased either. Everyone will have a bias. My information is just second hand, meaning there was probably bias in it as well.

Second hand? Ha! I doubt you would be so quick to try and shut the conversation down unless you had a personal agenda behind why. Dirty laundry always gets talked about on here.
baseball1974 Wrote:Second hand? Ha! I doubt you would be so quick to try and shut the conversation down unless you had a personal agenda behind why. Dirty laundry always gets talked about on here.

Yeah, I wasn't there, how else would I know other than rumor and second hand knowledge?

Chill out dude. For the 1001st time, you are wrong about me.

And, you are wrong on something else, this forum is NOT for dirty laundry. Go look at the rules and ask the mods.
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Yeah, I wasn't there, how else would I know other than rumor and second hand knowledge?

Chill out dude. For the 1001st time, you are wrong about me.

And, you are wrong on something else, this forum is NOT for dirty laundry. Go look at the rules and ask the mods.

Like I said it's not that big of a deal. Besides, one of the LC posters already sent me a message and explained it. I completely understand why you didn't want it discussed.
What's the word on Letcher Central
Bluecat Wrote:What's the word on Letcher Central

The information I was told is that LCC has hired a Neon Little League Coach. I'm not sure on a name, but I think he may have coached with the Neon middle school for a couple years as well. I don't think they got many applicants, and could be the main reason for the hire. The only applicant with head coaching experience was Mike Hall.
Johnny LeMaster to Ashland ? This true ?
TigerBlues Wrote:Johnny LeMaster to Ashland ? This true ?

Does he have a grandson starting high school?

http://www.dailyindependent.com/sports/t...cda34.html
Ws there ever an "official" word on why Shane was let go? Some reason for the stupidity?
Fairview high school also with coaching change. Thompson has been forced to resign
Blacksmith Wrote:Ws there ever an "official" word on why Shane was let go? Some reason for the stupidity?

Jerry Butcher is the main reason Shane was let go! It doesn't get any more stupid than he is!
baseball1974 Wrote:The information I was told is that LCC has hired a Neon Little League Coach. I'm not sure on a name, but I think he may have coached with the Neon middle school for a couple years as well. I don't think they got many applicants, and could be the main reason for the hire. The only applicant with head coaching experience was Mike Hall.

Could the name have been Andy Maggard?
Yes Andy Maggard is the new Baseball Coach. He is a great guy and great with kids. We wish him the best in his first year. He has my support. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Any word on if Shane has found a coaching job?
Blacksmith Wrote:Ws there ever an "official" word on why Shane was let go? Some reason for the stupidity?

"Official" explanation, (received second hand by me, so take it for what its worth...) was that Shane did not get along with the Administration.

Those who know the truth know how this was a convenient cover story.

For some strange reason, the powers that be at PHS just cannot grasp that you can have a successful sport IN ADDITION TO football. Community support for football has dropped considerably in the past few years, and THIS could sound the death knell. Lots of big community PHS supporters have walked away.

Sad times in the 'burg...
cat86 Wrote:"Official" explanation, (received second hand by me, so take it for what its worth...) was that Shane did not get along with the Administration.

Those who know the truth know how this was a convenient cover story.

For some strange reason, the powers that be at PHS just cannot grasp that you can have a successful sport IN ADDITION TO football. Community support for football has dropped considerably in the past few years, and THIS could sound the death knell. Lots of big community PHS supporters have walked away.

Sad times in the 'burg...

Have you heard if Shane has found a new coaching job yet?
Matman Wrote:Have you heard if Shane has found a new coaching job yet?

I know he had some leads here locally, and has applied to some bigger profile programs out in the state (unless he changed his mind about that). Keep hearing he will wind up at JCHS as assistant, with an eye on eventually taking over.
Glory Days Wrote:Could the name have been Andy Maggard?

It looks like somebody else confirmed that it was the Maggard guy. Don't know much about him other than the little league and middle school experience.
Brock Baber resigned from Bath Co.
Is Breathitt open?
Bluecat Wrote:Is Breathitt open?

I haven't heard either way on Breathitt, but it wouldn't surpise me. However, they haven't exactly been focusing on athletics lately. So unless he quit, I don't see them caring enough to try and bring somebody else in. Unless of course it has something to do with the state takeover. I know a lot of jobs were cut, and several people with quite a few years at Breathitt were let go. He may have fell victim to that too.
Randy applied for the SC job when they gave it to hager last year so that may have played apart in him not coaching at LC this past season.