Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coaching changes or rumors
baseball1974 Wrote:I haven't heard either way on Breathitt, but it wouldn't surpise me. However, they haven't exactly been focusing on athletics lately. So unless he quit, I don't see them caring enough to try and bring somebody else in. Unless of course it has something to do with the state takeover. I know a lot of jobs were cut, and several people with quite a few years at Breathitt were let go. He may have fell victim to that too.
Breathitt was young this past season. Think they need to give the coach a little time. Probably just a rumor.
Bluecat Wrote:Breathitt was young this past season. Think they need to give the coach a little time. Probably just a rumor.

You're probably right. Once the state gets involved with a school system, athletics is usually the main thing that gets tossed aside. It sounds like from what I've heard that is what's happening. Zero support for anything.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Brock Baber resigned from Bath Co.

Bath Co has hired Patrick Armitage. BCMS coach the past 2 seasons. Very good baseball guy and well liked and respected by the team.
I think Andy Maggard will do a very good job at LCC.
LCC#1 Wrote:I think Andy Maggard will do a very good job at LCC.

His lack of experience would worry me, but I also know several people that have never coached a day in their life that would be excellent coaches. So you never know. Letcher has never had a steady stream of good athletes on a yearly basis. Which means the coaching staff will need to be at a very high caliber if they intend to compete for a region ever again. I don't think they've ever been in a situation where Letcher was atop the list for overall talent. Even in the years they won the region they were top 3 at best. Luckily, it is the worst region in the state. So it shouldn't be difficult to put an above .500 team on the field. I do wish them a lot of luck. He has big shoes to fill. I hope Letcher works everything out with their athletics. It's a great school that has underachieved overall. However, if they don't watch they'll very quickly drop to the bottom of the 14th region in baseball. I hope the guy they hired works out. However, if he doesn't, I hope they are a smart enough to fix it quickly.
People need to watch out for Perry Central for years to come! Mark it down!
Has anyone heard who breathitt's new coach is? I know they let Little go, but I haven't heard anything about a hire, and I don't think it's been posted?
I don't know this to be true or not an it's completely hearsay, but I was told that Bryan Dean is back in KY and will be the new coach at Breathitt County. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
I haven't been able to find anything about it online or with newspapers or anything like that. If it is true, I don't know why they are keeping it "hush-hush?"
baseball1974 Wrote:I don't know this to be true or not an it's completely hearsay, but I was told that Bryan Dean is back in KY and will be the new coach at Breathitt County. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
He is in Kentucky and at his teaching position at LCC.
UKisN1 Wrote:He is in Kentucky and at his teaching position at LCC.

Does anyone know what happened? So the Breathitt rumor is only a rumor?
Brian was offered job at Br. but did not want to move there and teach, he just wanted to Coach. Was not just a rumor but just don't think they could reach an agreement.
What happened to him being in Mississippi?
Now KAI not so fast my friend. Heard from one ugly birdie that circumstances may have changed today! Next few days will tell.
JackRabbitSlim could help us, if he was only here under a different name :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kai Wrote:Brian was offered job at Br. but did not want to move there and teach, he just wanted to Coach. Was not just a rumor but just don't think they could reach an agreement.

Thanks
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:Now KAI not so fast my friend. Heard from one ugly birdie that circumstances may have changed today! Next few days will tell.

They may I never meant anything as an absolute. My statement was the way things stood things could have changed.
Shelby Valley has hired former East Ridge Jordan Compton to leads its baseball program.
BigDaddy33 Wrote:Shelby Valley has hired former East Ridge Jordan Compton to leads its baseball program.

That's a good hire for Shelby Valley. I noticed ER has Quentin Morgan listed as their coach. What is his coaching experience?
I was under the impression the Compton kid was doing good at East Ridge? Apparently, I may have got some bad information, or the record is just deceiving. I think he had something like a 29-53 win/loss record. Were they just down the past few years? I hve heard a lot of good things about him. So the record didn't make sense to me.
Coach Dean will be in Breathitt unless something drastic happens over the next few days. Terms have been agreed upon verbally. He will be there to teach and coach.
Paul Patterson has been hired as the head coach for Woodford County, I think.
JCHS Alumni Eagle Wrote:Coach Dean will be in Breathitt unless something drastic happens over the next few days. Terms have been agreed upon verbally. He will be there to teach and coach.

This is a huge hire for Breathitt.
Exactly what happened with Coach Dean and Mississippi?
Bluecat Wrote:Exactly what happened with Coach Dean and Mississippi?

I was under the impression that was a done deal?? Apparently, it wasn't as far along as I thought. Has there been anything confirmed with him and Breathitt? I read the post above, but the khsaa website still has Jamison Little listed as the head çoach on the scoreboard section for the 2016 season.
Was informed this morning that today is his last day at LCC and he will be at Breathitt Co.
Collins job will be open, Roy Bailey has resigned, This has become top 5 program with young talent across the board
blaze9 Wrote:Was informed this morning that today is his last day at LCC and he will be at Breathitt Co.

Well, is he there or not?
KHSAA still shows Little
Dean to Breathitt is confirmed, per KHSAA