Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Future for Pike Central....
Jamie Mullins is told to drive to the basket
Hawksfan Wrote:First of all Regan is supposed to send me a message and let me know how she is, she left to go to the hospital after the JV game to get her back checked out, so I will update you as soon as I hear from her. As far as the future goes, and these are just my opinions:
Jamie Mullins: Needs to quit trying to act like Allen Iverson, Joe Crawford and Ramel Bradley, in other words quit pounding the ball into the floor and try passing it first, I mean she is the point guard.
Regan Williams: Great Job tonight!! Played with alot of heart and determination before coming out of the game with the back injury. She is showing alot of upside, was the most consistent offensive and defensive weapon for that JV team tonight.
Taylor Murphy: Quit throwing the ball to the other team, don't try to be the point guard you are better suited as a forward. Being as this is only her second year of playing B-ball, she will get better. Keep up the physical play though, with time you will learn how to be physical without being called for so many fouls.
Savannah Fields: Stop with the attitude! She has so much talent and skill when it comes to basketball, but if you notice when she gets taken out of the game she will go all the way to the end of the bench away from everyone, when she should be talking with the coach's on what she can do to make things better for the team. If she can come to terms with her attitude, then she will be a great asset for the Lady Hawks for many years!
All the other girls don't really know too much about but I will go to more games and get back to everybody on them!!!

Jamie mullins is just tring to help put some points on the board, get a foul and score some free throws she isnt doing anything wrong unless scoring is wrong cause the last time i checked thats wat u r supposed to be doing...and mullins hold ur head high and just keep on doing wat ur doing:thumpsup:
well imo , I think there is alot of people picking on the jv team and they need to think about this this is jv if the girls didn't need to work and get more playing time then they would not be playing jv they would be playing varsity all the time, yes they do make mistakes and yes they do need to work better as a team but I think they have alot of talent. I also think Mullins is a real good point guard and she does what the coaches tell her to do no she is not perfect but who is she is getting better every game imo ...

as for Howell give the girl a break she has only got to really play in like 2 games i think she might have just got a little ahead of herself and carried the ball ,but she knew she did it and she knows she made a mistake!which is good when you can admit your mistakes.

Williams is good she worked her butt off and husteled both her and Robinson and its good to have two post players who can sub in and out for each other and the team still plays cosistant with both gurls as post,they even work good in the paint together when they need too.

Murphy she is a good player,shes one tough girl.she needs too work on her fouls cause the team really needs her along with the other girls,they cant handle too lose anyone. she has really improved

Blackburn does a good job imo and the girl can really shoot, I also think savanna fields is good but better played as a shooting guard than point guard. and Ithink molly meade done well last night for the team. also i think M.coleman is a very good defensive player , and if she would get a little more tougher on offence she could pop more shots.

this is all IMO
I agree with you 15thregiongurlsbball
Thursday is a freshman game @ Central
Does anyone know how Regan Williams is doing?
Wait... So who are the sophomores and juniors that dont get to play thursday?
If I'm not mistaking Williams,K.Fields, are the only 2 that won't get to play , they were the only 2 that didn't play at Letcher .
Is this going to effect anything? Or do you know?
it might instead of having willams and robinson to sub for each other there will only be robinson....at letcher robinson really didnt get a break there are no other big girls with experience other than willams robinson and fields....but they have mullins,howell,blackburn and murphy still so not a big affect IMO
Well... How is Robinson going to do without Williams or Fields to give her a break? What other posts are there? Are Williams and Fields it?
IDK just depends....but mullins blackburn and howell will play guards and i'd say murphy will help her out on post..which is will give her a little break but murphy is sometimes guard too..YES Willams and fields are it other than her I THINK!but i hope these girls give it there best!
15th_b-ball Wrote:Jamie mullins is just tring to help put some points on the board, get a foul and score some free throws she isnt doing anything wrong unless scoring is wrong cause the last time i checked thats wat u r supposed to be doing...and mullins hold ur head high and just keep on doing wat ur doing:thumpsup:
First off an update on Regan Williams: She has a tiny crack on her tail bone and the doctor told her she could resume playing on Friday.
The Mullins girl: She is the point guard! Don't know if you know anything about basketball or not but the point guard is the floor general, they are supposed to think pass first shoot last unless they are uncontested shots. Now the reason for me even discussing this in the first place is because people were praising her so highly as being so much better of a point guard than Savannah Fields. Well atleast Savannah would take time to see who is on the court with her, not sure can say the same about Mullins all the time.
Mullins is better then Fields honestly. Fields had so many turnovers in a game
I hate to break it to you but i don't think she is that good of a point guard infact she has just as many turnovers as S.Fields, Murphy and Howell put together. I can honestly say if i needed a point guard i would pick S.Fields over the Mullins girl any day simply because the Mullins girl can't even dribble with her left hand. And isn't a point guard supposed to be able to use both their right and left hand when dribbling the basketball.
I doubt that because look at the turnovers Mullins had against JC lol.
15thballin Wrote:Mullins is better then Fields honestly. Fields had so many turnovers in a game
Mullins does have turnovers sometimes but not as many as Fields has. And she had a bad game against JC didnt you see her get hurt in the 3rd quarter?
IMO mullins is just as good as fields on POINT, but everyone has there own OPINIONS! I have seen MULLINS dribble with her left hand.....I THOUGHT..yea Mullins didnt have her best game against johnson central ,but that girl husteled and tried hard.....even after she got hurt she came back in and started playing...this girl has the heart and potential to be great!!
I agree 15regiongurlsbball. After Mullins got hurt she got right back in there and scored like 6 more points
nice to see atleast someone else has the same opinion as me......i think ppl should give players credit when they do good! not just dog them when they make mistakes look at the potential theses girls have....i just think mullins has more potential at point then fields....dont get me wrong fields as some serious potential ,but IMO not at point...IMO IMO
Fields act like she doesnt care about JV at all. And Mullins you can she gets out there and hustles for the team.Everyone makes mistakes
backboard Wrote:I hate to break it to you but i don't think she is that good of a point guard infact she has just as many turnovers as S.Fields, Murphy and Howell put together. I can honestly say if i needed a point guard i would pick S.Fields over the Mullins girl any day simply because the Mullins girl can't even dribble with her left hand. And isn't a point guard supposed to be able to use both their right and left hand when dribbling the basketball.

mullins can infact dribble with her left hand i have seen her do it and why in the world would u pick fields over mullins...i dont mean to mean or anything but all she does when she gets in is pass and wait for the player to pass it back so she can shoot...that dont sound like a good point to me...plus half the time she misses
I think everyone needs to chill out. Look at what you are saying. You are critizing a freshman and an 8th grader!! Jeez! Give these girls time to mature. Theres a difference between constructive critizism and out and out dogging someone. I think everyone needs calm down, take a breather, and really think about the positives or the JV game. And how they can take something such as blocking out and rebounding (something they did better this game than last) and see how that can help in their next game.

(BTW... I hear freshman game tomorrow against Belfry is cancelled. )
it is cancelled for sure
Yes, Belfry cancelled both games they have for Central
Anyway... what are some good things you all seen from the JC game?
i think are jv girls are one of the best teams to take it to the goal & rebound , man these girls show no fear....howell,murphy,blackburn,mullins,willams&robinson ....them are some tough girls with serious potential..they could domonate
15thballin Wrote:Mullins is better then Fields honestly. Fields had so many turnovers in a game
Savannah does have quite a few turnovers but so does Jamie Mullins, all I am stating is that as far as being a point guard and getting your teamates involved I would pick Fields over Mullins. I am not saying that Mullins is not a good basketball player, I am just stating the fact that she is not a true point guard. The coaches really need to give these two a shot on the court together with Fields at the point and Mullins at the 2 spot, I know I am sure they have been on the court at the same time but I am talking giving them to time to adapt to each other's strong points cause Mullins is very active and I think that she could help Fields on the offensive end of the floor, cause if you read one of my earlier posts I talked about how Fields needed help on offense because no one was coming back to the ball and so therefore she was drawing double team before she could get rid of the ball and thus usually turning it over.
another reason for fields's turnovers are that she picks up the ball before finding another player to pass to she really needs to learn how to keep her dribble instead of picking it up
Fields started at point this year and Mullins played as a guard, They played many games like that until about 4 games back Mullins is the point now