Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th top hitters.
have any of those teams won back to back state championships
lol dont worry about it he'll play his senior year:Thumbs:
who did on urs?
harrison county
DoItBig Wrote:http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...7?id=23950

grindy 12 u act like estill plays a lot of good teams u only mentioned 4 teams like u had more so i checked and u dont...heres the link

Foolishness...with spring rains, coaches have to schedule what
they can get a lot of times...oh, yeah, neither of you have
probably ever made out a schedule or tried to coordinate
anything more complex than counting your change and
staring at the dollar menu at McDonalds.
Estill Co. and Powell Co. schedules are comparable. Both are playing good 10th and 11th region schools, and both are in the Queen City Classic.

There are also some cup cakes on both schedules...
Powell County - (to name a few)
Berea (5-19)
JBS (6-13) - twice w/ 4 wins over Jenkins last year
Jackson (6-12) - twice
Powell County also plays a few 15th region teams that should be really good this year also.
thecavemaster Wrote:Foolishness...with spring rains, coaches have to schedule what

Nice cover up, if that is true then you would see some bigger teams on their schedule even if they did get rained out then they would still be on the schedule.
NOPE I JUST PLAY THEM!!!! AND I DONT CARE WHO IT IS!!
[INDENT]
thecavemaster Wrote:Foolishness...with spring rains, coaches have to schedule what

[/INDENT]
cavemaster...do u even have a mcdonalds were u live?
[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
DoItBig Wrote:cavemaster...do u even have a mcdonalds were u live?
Nice Nice. Ummm..cavemaster..can you afford the dollar menu???

Oh wait, in cave's...dont you eat bat s**t?

Honestly. Come on now. Why bring up Mcdonalds on a Baseball Thread.
Right right. But, the player's sometime's have an influence on the decision a coach makes when it comes time to scheduling your opponents. Have you ever thought of this???
letcher central has several big hitters
but go cougars
thedarkside Wrote:zach hurt, corey gamble, author gayheart cordia

Cordia must have the best team in the state. Every thread Cordia has the best players. Best fr., best soph, best jr, best sr, best hitters, best out fielders and best field. Pretty good for a team that went 9-18 last year.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Cordia must have the best team in the state. Every thread Cordia has the best players. Best fr., best soph, best jr, best sr, best hitters, best out fielders and best field. Pretty good for a team that went 9-18 last year.

No, not the best team in the state but they will have a good team this year should be better than 9-18 this year but that was last year and we wont wry bout the past.They also have one of the best fields in the 14th so yeah i agree but well see what will happen when the season starts.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Cordia must have the best team in the state. Every thread Cordia has the best players. Best fr., best soph, best jr, best sr, best hitters, best out fielders and best field. Pretty good for a team that went 9-18 last year.

Cordia is a small school with young players....and a GREAT FIELD...and A LOT of blood, sweat and tears went into building that field, KCC is not the only field that was mainly built by coaches, parents and players. Last year Cordia had a lot of their players who were still in gradeschool....some werent even teenagers yet, so for a young team they did great....nobody but you made any comments about them being the best in the state, but for their young ages they do play good ball. What state championship team were YOU on "benchwarmer?" I noticed many other schools who list their players in most of the "BEST" threads as well. These are OPINIONATED threads and NOBODY can predict with 100% accuracy who will win what game on what day....AND your team can consist of the BEST 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th graders or best pitchers or best catchers, outfielders, your team may very well be the best team in the state, that does NOT mean they will win state....thats why games are played AND ANY TEAM CAN BEAT ANY TEAM ON ANY GIVEN DAY/NIGHT.....( you should have learned that from basketball LOL) Smile
To many cordia players on here.
Powell county has some good hitters.Their offense will carry them this year.
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:Cordia is a small school with young players....and a GREAT FIELD...and A LOT of blood, sweat and tears went into building that field, KCC is not the only field that was mainly built by coaches, parents and players. Last year Cordia had a lot of their players who were still in gradeschool....some werent even teenagers yet, so for a young team they did great....nobody but you made any comments about them being the best in the state, but for their young ages they do play good ball. What state championship team were YOU on "benchwarmer?" I noticed many other schools who list their players in most of the "BEST" threads as well. These are OPINIONATED threads and NOBODY can predict with 100% accuracy who will win what game on what day....AND your team can consist of the BEST 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th graders or best pitchers or best catchers, outfielders, your team may very well be the best team in the state, that does NOT mean they will win state....thats why games are played AND ANY TEAM CAN BEAT ANY TEAM ON ANY GIVEN DAY/NIGHT.....( you should have learned that from basketball LOL) Smile

They cant be to young. They have the best soph, Jr., and Sr. in the region.
Benchwarmer Wrote:They cant be to young. They have the best soph, Jr., and Sr. in the region.

I hope your joking. [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon4.gif]
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:Cordia is a small school with young players....and a GREAT FIELD...and A LOT of blood, sweat and tears went into building that field, KCC is not the only field that was mainly built by coaches, parents and players. Last year Cordia had a lot of their players who were still in gradeschool....some werent even teenagers yet, so for a young team they did great....nobody but you made any comments about them being the best in the state, but for their young ages they do play good ball. What state championship team were YOU on "benchwarmer?" I noticed many other schools who list their players in most of the "BEST" threads as well. These are OPINIONATED threads and NOBODY can predict with 100% accuracy who will win what game on what day....AND your team can consist of the BEST 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th graders or best pitchers or best catchers, outfielders, your team may very well be the best team in the state, that does NOT mean they will win state....thats why games are played AND ANY TEAM CAN BEAT ANY TEAM ON ANY GIVEN DAY/NIGHT.....( you should have learned that from basketball LOL) Smile

Very well said. :Thumbs:
baseball_dad Wrote:Very well said. :Thumbs:

I agree
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:Cordia is a small school with young players....and a GREAT FIELD...and A LOT of blood, sweat and tears went into building that field, KCC is not the only field that was mainly built by coaches, parents and players. Smile
Lets be a little realistic....I am sure that almost every school in the 14th region has their coaches, players and parents working on their field. So KCC and Cordia, let not try to make a big deal out of working on the field. KCC and Cordia's fields are really nice, but Gene Combs and his players have made a great field when he was at Lee county. There are many I could mention. So, bake to the best hitters in the 14th region....Matt Reed, Cory Brewer, Devon Pelfrey, Drew Freeman, Cody Berryman, Matt Perkins, Trey Congleton...thats a few from the 56th district.
JustTrying Wrote:Lets be a little realistic....I am sure that almost every school in the 14th region has their coaches, players and parents working on their field. So KCC and Cordia, let not try to make a big deal out of working on the field. KCC and Cordia's fields are really nice, but Gene Combs and his players have made a great field when he was at Lee county. There are many I could mention. So, bake to the best hitters in the 14th region....Matt Reed, Cory Brewer, Devon Pelfrey, Drew Freeman, Cody Berryman, Matt Perkins, Trey Congleton...thats a few from the 56th district.
Well said. But I like this list. I'm not so sure about Congleton, but I like the rest. I cant remember Congleton hitting but im not taking anything away from him if he is a good hitter.
Your Right Freeman isnt a true freshman....he's a true sophomore....geeze get your facts straight before you go spreadin stuff on a thread.
Benchwarmer i hope u feel good about yourself gettin on here and trashing players and teams. im sure you were a stud athlete in your day.
Just heard this from a friend that Evan Potter, Knott Central's #1 pitcher and 2nd best hitter has quit the team. The reason is unclear other than someone committing that he kept a phone to his ear, which means GF. The worst enemy to hs and college baseball. Big Grin Another reason given is that he will end up at Allen Central next year. His family is having a home built in Floyd County near the Knott/Floyd line.

Cordia is going to be a team to be reckoned with but you shouldn't let your opinion about them fly out of your mouth. Maybe you don't know something about Cordia's team but they are off to a 3-1 start, which is one of their best starts in a long time, and they are not playing schools like Riverside (if they still play) or Jenkins. There is no possible way Cordia has the best team in the state. The best team in the state is probably not in the mountains, I don't know. Cordia does have some good hitters who do good and is hitting pretty good. I will say agree with you because I have said this before, Cordia has the best baseball field in the 14th Region. You are obviously someone who has something against Cordia and why, who knows? If your any bit professional you keep your opinions and comments to yourself and not degrade a team like that.
thedarkside Wrote:Benchwarmer i hope u feel good about yourself gettin on here and trashing players and teams. im sure you were a stud athlete in your day.

Hey stud athlete. Show me were I pointed out any individual player.
the_truth Wrote:Cordia is going to be a team to be reckoned with but you shouldn't let your opinion about them fly out of your mouth. Maybe you don't know something about Cordia's team but they are off to a 3-1 start, which is one of their best starts in a long time, and they are not playing schools like Riverside (if they still play) or Jenkins. There is no possible way Cordia has the best team in the state. The best team in the state is probably not in the mountains, I don't know. Cordia does have some good hitters who do good and is hitting pretty good. I will say agree with you because I have said this before, Cordia has the best baseball field in the 14th Region. You are obviously someone who has something against Cordia and why, who knows? If your any bit professional you keep your opinions and comments to yourself and not degrade a team like that.

Don't center me out. Got it. I can state my opinion if I want. I follow the rules. Now congats on the great start.
Congrats on losing to Hazard 23-0
Congrats on beating Wolfe (Wolfe is 0-2)
Congrats on beating Owsley (Owsley is 0-3)
Congrats on beating Allen Central (Allen Central is 1-5)