Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is best in 14th
14th Champ Wrote:Yes!! Matt Reed had a really important hit with a jacked up shoulder. That play gave me chills just to see him hit the ball and have trouble to jog up the line with all that pain. In all the excitement i gave him a pat on the shoulder and hurt him LoL...Sorry about that Matt.
Your so gay devon..
Mr. Baseball Wrote:I don't think baseball coaches in the mountains should be ranked by titles won because the 14th region is not good in baseball. This region is down year after year and it's hard to tell who coaches these teams to victories and who just fills out the lineup card.

Hazard has been blessed with good athletes but very few "baseball players" who think the game. Chase Patrick studied, Clay Salyer did the same and outside of those two recently I can't find many kids (at Hazard) who want to be baseball players.

Hazard has some players right now who know and love the game. For example, you have Colby Hoskins, Jared Meehan and AJ Spare who are seniors who live and breathe baseball. You also have underclassmen who are going to be as good or better than these like Taylin Goodson, TJ Searcy, and Josh Feltner. Hazard does always have good athletes, but really they have been turning into "baseball players" because all they do is practice and study baseball......
Godspeed Wrote:Your so gay devon..

Are you aloud to say that???? :dontthink

Oh well...Sean Ryan...I think your a good player LoL
:thatsfunn
i think corey brewer is one of the best players in the region. he is the total package, i do think their coach was given a golden ticket with the team he inherited, and they did play great in the region last year and i hope they repeat. that team has been very well coached over the past few years
14th Champ Wrote:Yeah i think he is milking it to get out of conditioning if you ask me...Maybe i hope he is milking it.. Love to have his stick in the lineup this year.

Idk, that don't really sound like him to me.I don't think that he would do that.If it isn't hurting then he will be out there.I know him.I don't think he would fake it.it is his senior year and he told me he wanted to get the best out of it.Prolly shoudn't jump to conclusions.Maybe you should get your story straight before you say anything.Did you ask him about it???
Meehan still has to be one of the best coaches in the region. hazard hasnt been back to state in a few years but he is still a good coach
Reed is a good player but sure does a lot of pouting and ordering!
#1piratefan Wrote:Reed is a good player but sure does a lot of pouting and ordering!

Real cool...atleast he trys to get something done.what do u do??
Not answer to you!
ya what ever, your gay.really gay.
Yeah...Look at me..."I'm the home town drunk champion" (according to ur post picture /logo )Duh...here's ur sign.
Don't place me in your sexual preferences either.
Everyone on here is entitled to their own opinions. Can't take it...don't read postings.
Hazard is deff at the top but Perry Central is the best imo so far
Hazard has posted a very strong begining to the season with the record 3-0 and not allowing anyone to hit a single run on them.
Total Domination Wrote:How can u put Bryan Dean up there.ya he has won some games, but he also folds under pressure.look at the 3 region title games in a row.he just plain sucks under pressure.he was only over matched 1 year in the championship game.the other 2 he should have won.he told the kids in summer ball of 2005 that he was going to get out while he could.the next season was going to be tough.well look what he knew.Powell won the Region.i can tell you this though, they wouldn't have won it with him there.I have played for him, and now for Varney, i would take Varney over him any day.Smart wise, Varney puts him away.Just wait.You will see.Dean will fold again this year.He has been back to Powell twice since leaving, both were losses.That's not a good start.
Well I guess we can delete this post now can't we? Since we saw what Coach Dean did @ LCC this year. In only his 2nd year of rebuilding baseball in Letcher County. I have known Bryan for many years, but I got to know him on a personal basis this year. He is one of the best HS baseball minds in the mountains and he gives credit to this from his mentors, Burley Hudson, Gene Combs, and his Dad. He truly cares for his kids @ LCC, but also his kids he had @ Powell. Also the guys that played when he was an assistant @ Breathitt, Lee and Owsley Co. He along with his assistants, boosters, and players Dad's rebuilt the field @ Neon so they would have a home field to play on. Also I think he has one of the best staff's as well with Claude Little, Cavanaugh Trent, and Brent Martin helping turn LCC into a regional contender every year if they build a new field @ LCC. So the Letcher Co. BOE better be moving some dirt or I believe Coach Dean will be moving on to greener pastures. He's a pretty attractive hire right now if they don't. The 14th Region has some of the best coaches in HS baseball with Bobby Keith Dixon @ Perry, Varney @ Powell, Hammonds @ Knott, Meehan @ Hazard, Russell Melton @ Leslie, Steve Melton @ Cordia, Anderson @ Jenkins, Wood @ Estill but if I had to hire a guy to lead a baseball program right now Bryan Dean is that guy. Also this part about him folding under pressure @ Powell I don't recall him playing in those games. He can't hit,catch, and run for you. Maybe it was you guys, don't blame him.
Agree...Dean and the mentioned coaches are fine ones indeed.

Another fine quality about Coach Dean is he cares about coaching his JV as well as his varsity...you do not see the equal support between the JV & V in Powell as you did with Dean. This is JMO.
Congrats. to Dean.
The last 2 posts, I TOTALLY AGREE UPON IN EVERY ASPECT THAT WAS MENTIONED!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS COACH DEAN!!!!
TUCKER from L.C.C. was MVP of the 14th region how do not put him in top ten
First off how can you call the hit in the 14th region championship by Reed last year a great shot...it was a dink over 1B that found the only blade of grass on the field that it could have landed on where the 1B or RF could not have caught and the guy on first was lucky to get to 3rd on it i dont see anyone scoring from 1st on a duck fart over the first basemans head

Secondly how did Powell fold under pressure obviously it wasnt the players because 5 of the players off of that same team sure didnt fold under pressure the NEXT year in the 14th region championship when they scored 4 runs in the bottom of the seventh with 2 outs to come back and win the game...Dean is a great coach who definitely deserves some respect, but in all due respect a coach can make questionable calls and in that game he did IMO by not bunting in the 6th and 7th innings in which case turned out to be rally killers on both occasions when the players swung away instead of bunting.
Coach Dean of LCC