Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is best in 14th
Wheres Matt Reed at?? He is imo better than some of the ppl i've seen on here. One of the better hitters in the region .. Has really worked hard in the weightroom and the cage ..
I don't know how our guys will stack up this year? I think we'll do really good.

Brandon Smith, One of the best catchers around. Great shortstop, and
can pitch. Can't wait to see how he does this year.
Ryan Hall, I hear he's been working his butt off to get ready for this year.
He's great either at short or on 3rd.

Other players. Zack Gibson, Danny Rose, Evan Potter, Zack Mullins, etc.

Knott is loaded with some really great ball players. (I can't wait)
Coach Varney ...Poco doin it big this year!
Total Domination Wrote:I think he did get into a little arguement, but it was the heat of the moment and because the player was acting out of line(in my opinion) I think the coach was just doing what he had to do to get the upper hand on the situation.maybe a little out of line normally, but maybe not here.it is a judgment call.as for Dean.....(lol) I think I have said enough. We wont go there.
What about Coach Dean?
i think that a lot of couchs in the 14th do a good job with the baseball part but couching is so much more than winning games a couch teachs work ethic and many other things hammonds from kcc has had a lot of former players go on to do many other things not to mention over 500 hundred wins a lot of couchs dont teach disaplan like they should
I wish there were couches in baseball, because those benches get really hard.
JustTrying Wrote:I wish there were couches in baseball, because those benches get really hard.

I'm sorry I didn't know that people just had time to get on here and correct others. The word I was looking for was "Coach". Is that better for you.
thepasttime Wrote:I'm sorry I didn't know that people just had time to get on here and correct others. The word I was looking for was "Coach". Is that better for you.
:thatsfunn
thepasttime Wrote:I'm sorry I didn't know that people just had time to get on here and correct others. The word I was looking for was "Coach". Is that better for you.

I was just joking... everything will be ok. I think the best coach from the 14th went to the 10th last year. But what do I know.
JustTrying Wrote:Baker #1? Top 5,sure. Benningfield not even in top five players,can't hit at all. Brewer top 3 and pelph top 5....not a very good top 10 imo

well i dont know how brewer or pelph could be in the top five because brewer has had more errors on powell than the whole team combined and gives up way too many homeruns when pitching such as the clark co. game and pelph cant even throw anybody out as a hind catcher and you wanna talk about cant hit at all well all he does is give the infield alot of pop-ups so i am pretty sure you dont have a clue just my opinion!!!!!!!!! and i should know just like the rest of my teammates do because we have played against them for a long time and we all think benningfield can bring it on the mound and at short and baker can throw you out in a heartbeat and just like benningfield, couch is another pitcher/shortstop combo that is a very big threat jmo!!!!!!
:lmao:
Coach Wood from Estill!!!!!!!!!
[QUOTE=you-who]well i dont know how brewer or pelph could be in the top five because brewer has had more errors on powell than the whole team combined and gives up way too many homeruns when pitching such as the clark co. game and pelph cant even throw anybody out as a hind catcher and you wanna talk about cant hit at all well all he does is give the infield alot of pop-ups so i am pretty sure you dont have a clue just my opinion!!!!!!!!! and i should know just like the rest of my teammates do because we have played against them for a long time and we all think benningfield can bring it on the mound and at short and baker can throw you out in a heartbeat and just like benningfield, couch is another pitcher/shortstop combo that is a very big threat jmo!!!!!!

Wow!!,more errors than the whole team combined I saw every game last year
Brewer played with the exception of the Boyd,and first Clay Co. game and against your team I don't recall an error ,yes he made a few throwing errors during the year but nothing like you are suggesting.As for the homeruns the Clark Co score was 5-3 with two unearned runs the first time Powell played Clark the score was 13-3 with 3 other pitchers on the mound.Solo homeruns against a solid 4A team is part of the game.
As for Pelphrey he hit about .380 for the year as I recall he hit pretty well against you guys.A few infield flies ever now and then will happen.
Please watch more Powell games before you bash thier players.
i think berryman only gave up 2 hits to clark last year when estill play them...
you-who Wrote:well i dont know how brewer or pelph could be in the top five because brewer has had more errors on powell than the whole team combined and gives up way too many homeruns when pitching such as the clark co. game and pelph cant even throw anybody out as a hind catcher and you wanna talk about cant hit at all well all he does is give the infield alot of pop-ups so i am pretty sure you dont have a clue just my opinion!!!!!!!!! and i should know just like the rest of my teammates do because we have played against them for a long time and we all think benningfield can bring it on the mound and at short and baker can throw you out in a heartbeat and just like benningfield, couch is another pitcher/shortstop combo that is a very big threat jmo!!!!!!

You must not have seen any of Powell Countys games last year. They played alot how could you miss them. I think that Brewer, Pelfrey, Benningfield, were playing when Baker, and Couch were sitting at the house. That should tell who are the best players. But this year is a new year and lets just wait and see what these players do this year after a year of hard work.
Woo Wee Wrote:Leslie
Gavin Wells
Timmy Baker
Ryan Howard
Brian Hubbard
Shannon Roberts
leslie co. also has alot of younger players thats gonna step up this year..jimmy joe morgans gonna have a big part of that...
14th Champ Wrote:You must not have seen any of Powell Countys games last year. They played alot how could you miss them. I think that Brewer, Pelfrey, Benningfield, were playing when Baker, and Couch were sitting at the house. That should tell who are the best players. But this year is a new year and lets just wait and see what these players do this year after a year of hard work.
This is true. Didn't Powell kncok them out.
you-who Wrote:well i dont know how brewer or pelph could be in the top five because brewer has had more errors on powell than the whole team combined and gives up way too many homeruns when pitching such as the clark co. game and pelph cant even throw anybody out as a hind catcher and you wanna talk about cant hit at all well all he does is give the infield alot of pop-ups so i am pretty sure you dont have a clue just my opinion!!!!!!!!! and i should know just like the rest of my teammates do because we have played against them for a long time and we all think benningfield can bring it on the mound and at short and baker can throw you out in a heartbeat and just like benningfield, couch is another pitcher/shortstop combo that is a very big threat jmo!!!!!!

That was one game against a very good 10th region team last year, one game. I believe that his era was under 2 last year---10th grader. To many homeruns....that was the only two last year. You don't really know what your talking about. Oh yea.....Benningfield probably will not be playing short stop this year, but what do I know.....you are the one who knows everything about Powell.
14th Champ Wrote:You must not have seen any of Powell Countys games last year. They played alot how could you miss them. I think that Brewer, Pelfrey, Benningfield, were playing when Baker, and Couch were sitting at the house. That should tell who are the best players. But this year is a new year and lets just wait and see what these players do this year after a year of hard work.

just because someone is sitting at the house doesnt mean that they arent as good as another player.....kirby from estill was sitting at the house numerous years after harrison had put them out in the semi-finals of region....does that mean that harrisons pitchers were better then kirby i dont think so...
i agree with you-who...
cardinalsfan07 Wrote:just because someone is sitting at the house doesnt mean that they arent as good as another player.....kirby from estill was sitting at the house numerous years after harrison had put them out in the semi-finals of region....does that mean that harrisons pitchers were better then kirby i dont think so...

I am not saying that players are better than others. I think you just need to calm down on saying that players batting 400 and 380 against your teams best pitching cant hit. And players who went out on defense and shut down teams all year make lots of errors. Imo if they made so many errors what happen come district, and region time. But this year is a new year and looks like its going to be interesting.
KCC Fan Wrote:I don't know how our guys will stack up this year? I think we'll do really good.

Brandon Smith, One of the best catchers around. Great shortstop, and
can pitch. Can't wait to see how he does this year.
Ryan Hall, I hear he's been working his butt off to get ready for this year.
He's great either at short or on 3rd.

Other players. Zack Gibson, Danny Rose, Evan Potter, Zack Mullins, etc.

Knott is loaded with some really great ball players. (I can't wait)

Smith can catch and can play SS, pretty good. But when it comes to pitching, nope. Knott does have some good players, they just have to want to play.
cardinalsfan07 Wrote:i agree with you-who...

i agree with u guys...pelfrey and brewer were liabilites last year, and powell had a successful season in spite of them 2!!!:rockon:
i'm glad you like to talk about 2 of the best players on the team last year.Without pelfrey, Powell had no other catcher, without brewer hitting and pitching when called on, Powell prolly would not have gone where they did.not to say they wouldn't have won, but when you take out 2 good hitters and 2 defensive players, and not really have anyone to fill their shoes, that wouldn't have been good.JMO
Matt Reed came up with a good hit in the District champ game with a hurt shoulder and a great hit in the regional champ game that actually should have won the game if a senior from last years team wasn't watching the ball. go Matt
Yes!! Matt Reed had a really important hit with a jacked up shoulder. That play gave me chills just to see him hit the ball and have trouble to jog up the line with all that pain. In all the excitement i gave him a pat on the shoulder and hurt him LoL...Sorry about that Matt.
i'm sure he will forgive you.lol.there was alot going on and he prolly don't even remember you doing it.but ya, it was a big hit.but don't forget the rest of the teamhe only had 1 atbat, the rest of the team done the rest of the work.
ya i heard about that hit.sounds like a big time hit.i also heard that he is still having trouble out of his shoulder.is it the same injury or another one??does anyone know?
i heard that he got hurt in summer leage.but i think that he is ok now.no problems.he actually told me he couldn't be better.He should be fine for the season.
Yeah i think he is milking it to get out of conditioning if you ask me...Maybe i hope he is milking it.. Love to have his stick in the lineup this year.
Cory Brewer is one of the best all around players in the 14th