•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State of the Republican party.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think Rosa Parks viewed Mohammed Ali as a hero.

I don't have the first clue what Rosa Parks may or may not have "thought".

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=TheRealThing]

I have refrained from the long list of DJT's "detractor sheet." I don't think he gets a pass on it by saying, "I'm a businessman.". These things were seen and heard as well. If I vote for HRC, it won't be because she's virtuous and squeaky clean. Same if I vote for DJT. In my view, this is not a race where the choice for either major party candidate is a "gimme.". I do not believe Hillary is Lucifer, nor do I believe Trump is a racist. Many issues make me very reluctant to vote for Hillary. Many concerns give me much pause in voting for Trump. I am trying to listen carefully to what each candidate says and to avoid the ancillary source material that simply engages in the politics of personal destruction.

I don't think of Trump as a "politician"...a trait that I find attractive. I also find it difficult to sift through the liberal medias bullshit to find the truth about the candidates. I've never seen the media bias as strong as it has been with these two candidates.
Granny Bear Wrote:I don't have the first clue what Rosa Parks may or may not have "thought".

[quote=The Urban Sombrero]

I don't think of Trump as a "politician"...a trait that I find attractive. I also find it difficult to sift through the liberal medias bullshit to find the truth about the candidates. I've never seen the media bias as strong as it has been with these two candidates.

And if you are like me, Do you really care?
No! LOL It doesn't change my mind at all.
Granny Bear Wrote:No! LOL It doesn't change my mind at all.

When Mohammed Ali chose to be a conscientious objector, he said, "Ain't none of them Viet Cong ever called me a n_____." He lived in a nation, born in Louisville, that did not treat him as equal, that often denied him justice. Rosa Parks did see Ali as a hero, which, indeed, he was.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:When Mohammed Ali chose to be a conscientious objector, he said, "Ain't none of them Viet Cong ever called me a n_____." He lived in a nation, born in Louisville, that did not treat him as equal, that often denied him justice. Rosa Parks did see Ali as a hero, which, indeed, he was.

There is a difference between being a conscientious objector and a coward.

Hmm, how many white boys had to go because they couldn't use that excuse.

I'm just glad they locked him up and he deserved every day that he spent behind bars.

He aint no hero.

Great boxer and entertainer, but no hero.

Heros are guys like Ted Williams who served in two different wars, right at the peak of his prime.

But you being the hard core liberal that you are, and someone who doesn't have the spine to stand up for anything decent, it doesn't surprise me one bit that you would view a coward and a draft dodger as a hero.

Even Elvis Presley, when called , gladly served, and he was the reigning biggest star in the world, right at his peak of his career.
Bob Seger Wrote:There is a difference between being a conscientious objector and a coward. Was Elvis Presley a hero because he went?

Hmm, how many white boys had to go because they couldn't use that excuse.

I'm just glad they locked him up and he deserved every day that he spent behind bars.

He aint no hero.

Great boxer and entertainer, but no hero.

We disagree.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:We disagree.

Why sure we do, jelly.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:When Mohammed Ali chose to be a conscientious objector, he said, "Ain't none of them Viet Cong ever called me a n_____." He lived in a nation, born in Louisville, that did not treat him as equal, that often denied him justice. Rosa Parks did see Ali as a hero, which, indeed, he was.

That could have been because he was never around the Viet Cong.

Vietnam has a history of racism. Most was toward the Chinese, but their word for black people was "burnt". Their word for white people was "uncooked".
What did they call jellyfish?

Jell-O?
Granny Bear Wrote:That could have been because he was never around the Viet Cong.

Vietnam has a history of racism. Most was toward the Chinese, but their word for black people was "burnt". Their word for white people was "uncooked".

Racism is within human nature. True enough.

Ali would have had light duty, just like Elvis. Thus, calling him a coward, in my view, does not apply.

Ali was a conscientious objector, in the same way many Quakers were.
Bob Seger Wrote:Why sure we do, jelly.

Yes we do, BS
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Racism is within human nature. True enough.

Ali would have had light duty, just like Elvis. Thus, calling him a coward, in my view, does not apply.

Ali was a conscientious objector, in the same way many Quakers were.

lol

If he would have been on light duty, then what is their to conscientiously object to?

He wouldn't be killin no Viet Cong?

You'll have to dig deeper in your spin bag and come up with something better than that.
Bob Seger Wrote:lol

If he would have been on light duty, then what is their to conscientiously object to?

He wouldn't be killin no Viet Cong?

You'll have to dig deeper in your spin bag and come up with something better than that.

Martin Luther King, Jr. also opposed the Viet Nam War.

Ali spoke openly and often about his reasons for his conscientious objecting. Now, you may not agree with his reasons, and that's fine. But, in his day, Ali was viewed as an "uppity N____" who was thumbing his nose at white America. Had he have been a Quaker, he wouldn't have gone to jail.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Martin Luther King, Jr. also opposed the Viet Nam War.

Ali spoke openly and often about his reasons for his conscientious objecting. Now, you may not agree with his reasons, and that's fine. But, in his day, Ali was viewed as an "uppity N____" who was thumbing his nose at white America. Had he have been a Quaker, he wouldn't have gone to jail.

You have not the first clue what you're talking about. I registered for the draft when I turned 18 and so did everybody else, white or otherwise, that did not want a visit from a couple nicely dressed representatives of the federal government. It didn't matter who you were, unless maybe William Jefferson Clinton, you registered and when you got called, you reported to the draft board.

Ali was special because he shot his mouth off on the national stage. If the government had allowed him to get by with thumbing his nose at them, and he was in the most open and disrespectful way imaginable, national foment would have ensued. But that was back when men were men and liberals were squeaky little bleeding hearts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[quote=TheRealThing]

I have refrained from the long list of DJT's "detractor sheet." I don't think he gets a pass on it by saying, "I'm a businessman.". These things were seen and heard as well. If I vote for HRC, it won't be because she's virtuous and squeaky clean. Same if I vote for DJT. In my view, this is not a race where the choice for either major party candidate is a "gimme.". I do not believe Hillary is Lucifer, nor do I believe Trump is a racist. Many issues make me very reluctant to vote for Hillary. Many concerns give me much pause in voting for Trump. I am trying to listen carefully to what each candidate says and to avoid the ancillary source material that simply engages in the politics of personal destruction.

You mean you've refrained from repeating left wing propaganda more likely. I understand Trump is pretty inartful and has said some things that got him into trouble with the politically correct police. He got set up big time at the DNC with the Khan deal. I also understand that Hillary will run her campaign all the way into election day without answering questions about any of her scandals, where Trump on the other hand and with nothing to hide or be ashamed about, does a press conference every little whipstitch. You might not like what he says, but there it is. But by all means, hold the Donald's feet to the fire but allow Hill all the real estate she needs to keep up the bob and weave. :please:

Everything is not to be viewed from the political standpoint. Facts are facts, except when a person goes to Hillary Clinton's sources for them. Then they get the political full Monty, and that includes the most powerful body of legislators to ever sit in chambers, the US Congress. For example, Hillary's record of her days as Secretary of State should be a matter of public record, end of story. But no, getting to the truth of it has been like trying to shovel snot with a pitch fork and about as distasteful. I despise it when I hear the FOX News anchorettes extol the virtues of the so-called 'fair and balanced' tripe they air. Usually the Republican representative tries to stay somewhere close to the truth, but the liberal is not constrained by such dignities and proceeds to distort and deny for their evil mistress, that in the face of mountains of empirical evidence to the contrary.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You have not the first clue what you're talking about. I registered for the draft when I turned 18 and so did everybody else, white or otherwise, that did not want a visit from a couple nicely dressed representatives of the federal government. It didn't matter who you were, unless maybe William Jefferson Clinton, you registered and when you got called, you reported to the draft board.

Ali was special because he shot his mouth off on the national stage. If the government had allowed him to get by with thumbing his nose at them, and he was in the most open and disrespectful way imaginable, national foment would have ensued. But that was back when men were men and liberals were squeaky little bleeding hearts.

Exactly!! and well said.

You see, it's just another example of whatever the subject matter is, ole spongebob just has to disagree and argue about it. It never ever fails. This weird cat is of another breed, that's for sure.
TheRealThing Wrote:[quote=The Urban Sombrero]

You mean you've refrained from repeating left wing propaganda more likely. I understand Trump is pretty inartful and has said some things that got him into trouble with the politically correct police. He got set up big time at the DNC with the Khan deal. I also understand that Hillary will run her campaign all the way into election day without answering questions about any of her scandals, where Trump on the other hand and with nothing to hide or be ashamed about, does a press conference every little whipstitch. You might not like what he says, but there it is. But by all means, hold the Donald's feet to the fire but allow Hill all the real estate she needs to keep up the bob and weave. :please:

Everything is not to be viewed from the political standpoint. Facts are facts, except when a person goes to Hillary Clinton's sources for them. Then they get the political full Monty, and that includes the most powerful body of legislators to ever sit in chambers, the US Congress. For example, Hillary's record of her days as Secretary of State should be a matter of public record, end of story. But no, getting to the truth of it has been like trying to shovel snot with a pitch fork and about as distasteful. I despise it when I hear the FOX News anchorettes extol the virtues of the so-called 'fair and balanced' tripe they air. Usually the Republican representative tries to stay somewhere close to the truth, but the liberal is not constrained by such dignities and proceeds to distort and deny for their evil mistress, that in the face of mountains of empirical evidence to the contrary.

You are aware that Donald Trump existed before he was a candidate?
TheRealThing Wrote:You have not the first clue what you're talking about. I registered for the draft when I turned 18 and so did everybody else, white or otherwise, that did not want a visit from a couple nicely dressed representatives of the federal government. It didn't matter who you were, unless maybe William Jefferson Clinton, you registered and when you got called, you reported to the draft board.

Revisionist
Bob Seger Wrote:Exactly!! and well said.

You see, it's just another example of whatever the subject matter is, ole spongebob just has to disagree and argue about it. It never ever fails. This weird cat is of another breed, that's for sure.

I think to Rosa Parks, and millions of others, Mohammed Ali was a hero. To suggest he was a loud-mouthed, draft- dodging coward, who should have stayed in his place? Geez.
Trump said he could commit murder, and his supporters wouldn't care. Didn't he?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think to Rosa Parks, and millions of others, Mohammed Ali was a hero. To suggest he was a loud-mouthed, draft- dodging coward, who should have stayed in his place? Geez.

You have to do something heroic to be earn hero status.

Draft dodging is not one of those things.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I think to Rosa Parks, and millions of others, Mohammed Ali was a hero. To suggest he was a loud-mouthed, draft- dodging coward, who should have stayed in his place? Geez.

Why would anyone give a tiddly toot what Rosa Parks thought about anything to begin with? I know I and probably millions more could care less.

Sheesh!!
⬆⬆ Exactly
Is Tim Tebow a hero?
Bob Seger Wrote:Is Tim Tebow a hero?

I would say to a lot of single twenty something gals he is.

He seems like a real solid dude. I hope he gets one last shot in NFL.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I would say to a lot of single twenty something gals he is.

He seems like a real solid dude. I hope he gets one last shot in NFL.

I didn't ask if he is a Tiger Beat heart throb.. I asked "you" if he is a hero.
Bob Seger Wrote:I didn't ask if he is a Tiger Beat heart throb.. I asked "you" if he is a hero.

No, he is not. I am interested to see where you think you are going with this.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:No, he is not. I am interested to see where you think you are going with this.

I agree...But if you are going to be free flowing with using the word, he is more deserving than Ali.
Bob Seger Wrote:I agree...But if you are going to be free flowing with using the word, he is more deserving than Ali.

Tim Tebow is a professing Christian, obviously not ashamed of the Gospel.

Mohammed Ali gave up a coveted boxing title, gave up millions in potential earnings, opened himself to derision and threats to his life, was put in jail. Why? Because he conscientiously objected to the Viet Nam War, as a member of the Nation of Islam, and as a black man.

Your comparison of Ali to Tebow is misguided. Period.
There are those who claim that black folks vote democratic only because of "goodies" offered them. To anyone out there with a shred of objectivity: read the exchanges about Mohammed Ali, with TRT, Granny, and Bob as representative of who the Republican Party must now appeal to. Now, is it only "goodies" that explain it? I think not.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next