Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one is Charlie?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️

You are trigger happy in your assumptions, building straw men to knock down. If your suggestion is that many areas in the country do not have a gap of understanding between police and community, of which these incidents are but a symptom, I don't know what "statistics" you source from. I did not directly nor by implication malign police officers, as that was your erroneous inference. I stand by what I posted.

Oh, just the FBI's own statistics, that's all. But at least you admitted that you are unaware of them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh, just the FBI's own statistics, that's all. But at least you admitted that you are unaware of them.

So, the FBI has a stat that "proves" there is no gap of understanding in many areas between citizens and police?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:⬆️

You are trigger happy in your assumptions, building straw men to knock down. If your suggestion is that many areas in the country do not have a gap of understanding between police and community, of which these incidents are but a symptom, I don't know what "statistics" you source from. I did not directly nor by implication malign police officers, as that was your erroneous inference. I stand by what I posted.

The only gap in understanding lies between traditional authorities and ethnic groups with a bent toward crime, who further, have been coddled over time by liberal apologists for committing said crime now for generations. And what has all the slack and to use your word, 'understanding' gotten us? Why more crime of course. In fact, we've gone from rampant individual crime, to organized gang crime, to military-esque assaults on the state crime. I mean, how else could one describe an organized assault with weapons and arson against public buildings and law enforcement? What's next, an ISIS style capture, seizure and occupation of lands belonging to the people?

The gap which exists was created when those prone to criminal behavior began to get a pass for such, and realized they could get by with even more. If 8 years ago I had told you we'd shortly be seeing unreprised property destruction by various means in cities across this land and felonious assault against our police and even Republican voters, you'd have pooh-poohed that idea as ridiculous. And yet that is the juncture of American history at which we find ourselves. It was those prone to criminal behavior which opened up a gap between themselves and the letter of the law. And it was the liberal media and a minority of sympathetic law makers who have provided these lawless ones the political and social cover they would need to flourish. Everybody else is just standing around with their mouths hanging open wondering what in the world is happening to their country. And even with such actions of anarchy being perpetrated all around, we see that you still insist on excusing the arson and mayhem and blaming the police for not being understanding enough.

I had the opportunity to speak with a sporting goods store owner at some length recently. The owner as it turns out is from Egypt and a Muslim. He was very unashamedly concerned over what he has seen of late out of US citizenry. The bombings, crime and riot are the very social scourges he immigrated here to put behind himself and his family. The two of us had ourselves a point of agreement when we examined what the two Presidential candidates are offering the people. Hillary of course, proudly pledges to be an extension of the Obama era, and she's promising to give the electorate more goodies and raise taxes for business owners. Trump on the other hand, is promising a return to law and order, more opportunity and lower taxes, points on which the Muslim store owner was clear. He'd come to America and found opportunity and safety apart from any sort of ethnic bias. The matter of who to vote for seemed to have cleared up for him based on those simple truths.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:The only gap in understanding lies between traditional authorities and ethnic groups with a bent toward crime, who further, have been coddled over time by liberal apologists for committing said crime now for generations. And what has all the slack and to use your word, 'understanding' gotten us? Why more crime of course. In fact, we've gone from rampant individual crime, to organized gang crime, to military-esque assaults on the state crime. I mean, how else could one describe an organized assault with weapons and arson against public buildings and law enforcement? What's next, an ISIS style capture, seizure and occupation of lands belonging to the people?

The gap which exists was created when those prone to criminal behavior began to get a pass for such, and realized they could get by with even more. If 8 years ago I had told you we'd shortly be seeing unreprised property destruction by various means in cities across this land and felonious assault against our police and even Republican voters, you'd have pooh-poohed that idea as ridiculous. And yet that is the juncture of American history at which we find ourselves. It was those prone to criminal behavior which opened up a gap between themselves and the letter of the law. And it was the liberal media and a minority of sympathetic law makers who have provided these lawless ones the political and social cover they would need to flourish. Everybody else is just standing around with their mouths hanging open wondering what in the world is happening to their country. And even with such actions of anarchy being perpetrated all around, we see that you still insist on excusing the arson and mayhem and blaming the police for not being understanding enough.

I had the opportunity to speak with a sporting goods store owner at some length recently. The owner as it turns out is from Egypt and a Muslim. He was very unashamedly concerned over what he has seen of late out of US citizenry. The bombings, crime and riot are the very social scourges he immigrated here to put behind himself and his family. The two of us had ourselves a point of agreement when we examined what the two Presidential candidates are offering the people. Hillary of course, proudly pledges to be an extension of the Obama era, and she's promising to give the electorate more goodies and raise taxes for business owners. Trump on the other hand, is promising a return to law and order, more opportunity and lower taxes, points on which the Muslim store owner was clear. He'd come to America and found opportunity and safety apart from any sort of ethnic bias. The matter of who to vote for seemed to have cleared up for him based on those simple truths.

Community policing is an actual thing, and it is effective when employed. It does not involve coddling those who break the law, ignoring looting and vandalism.

In the tapes, Nixon expresses a "message sent/lesson learned" attitude about Kent State. A respect for law and an appreciation of order does not mean citizens have to be lemmings and just passively accept whatever State and Corporation decide.