Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co @ Southwestern 11/18
Southwestern by a Touchdown
Sig Wrote:Cram the line and Pulaski wins! Easy as that! If North would have done that night they could have won!

^Confusednicker: @ Cram the line
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I just don't see SW beating Pulaski twice in the same year, especially with everyone at 100% now. Same thing happened in 2014, SW shutout PC, 14-0, in the regular season and everyone thought that there would be a similar result in the region championship, but PC ended up winning the region championship 24-16. I fully expect a similar result this year.

That is a completely different story....that year Riley Hall was injured, who will go down as one of the best QB's to play in this state. He changed the dynamic of the team. Jack New is an exceptional player but does not change the game by being on the field. Like I said he was on the field and SW drove to the endzone and scored. SW lost two starters as well ....actually lost the safety on SW's first defensive drive just like PC and later lost the starting RB. Yet they still won. PC had one guy get hurt. SW had two so not sure I get your reasoning on PC finally being healthy.
speakthetruth Wrote:That is a completely different story....that year Riley Hall was injured, who will go down as one of the best QB's to play in this state. He changed the dynamic of the team. Jack New is an exceptional player but does not change the game by being on the field. Like I said he was on the field and SW drove to the endzone and scored. SW lost two starters as well ....actually lost the safety on SW's first defensive drive just like PC and later lost the starting RB. Yet they still won. PC had one guy get hurt. SW had two so not sure I get your reasoning on PC finally being healthy.
you just keep telling yourself that You my friend, you are in for a rude awakening TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
jumperdogpete Wrote:you just keep telling yourself that You my friend, you are in for a rude awakening TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

Keep telling myself what exactly?
That Riley Hall being out did not effect the outcome in 2014?
That Jake New wasn't on the field when SW drove the whole field on the first drive?
That SWs best RB was injured?
That SW also lost their starting Safety 2nd play of the game?
Or that a guy playing safety who has 3 pass receptions, 360 rushing yards, 4 tds in 12 games, zero interceptions, and is 5th on the team in tackles is the difference maker?
The excuses went from officiating to injuries?

We heard the same thing prior to the last game....I was told to wait and told my predictions were wrong. You guys better start coming up with excuses you needed them last time....hate to see you use the same ones...maybe the wind will be blowing Friday or the stadium lights pointed in the wrong direction. Who knows there may be no talk after this game just resting them sore jaw muscles everyone knows they have been overused at this point. Or maybe it will be blamed on your leading rusher being kicked off the team. I can hear it now "if we had our RB we would win".
SW has the better run game, PC has the better pass game
Should be a close game. SW has home field PC has the big game experiance. Both defenses have their studs. Turnovers and special teams could be the key. Experiance wins out I think. PC 22-21.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:SW has the better run game, PC has the better pass game
Should be a close game. SW has home field PC has the big game experiance. Both defenses have their studs. Turnovers and special teams could be the key. Experiance wins out I think. PC 22-21.
Good post I would say you are correct in your breakdown.
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I just don't see SW beating Pulaski twice in the same year, especially with everyone at 100% now. Same thing happened in 2014, SW shutout PC, 14-0, in the regular season and everyone thought that there would be a similar result in the region championship, but PC ended up winning the region championship 24-16. I fully expect a similar result this year.

No, everyone thought PC would demolish SW because Riley Hall was back.
Numbers do not lie. SW has rushed for 1,000 yards more than PC. PC has thrown for 32 more yards than SW. So a running team almost has as many passing yards as a passing team and we still can't admit SW is a good team.
It's time for SW to put up or shut up. No realistic person from PC thinks they'll win Friday night and they are definitely not favored at the Reservation. A PC win would be labeled an upset. All excuses, records, & statistics aside; the fact still remains that SW has been and still is a 2nd tier team in the county. The last time SW won district, PC won the state championship. Yes, even when you win, you still lose. I personally think SW will win the game, but I would not be shocked if they lose. If SW loses, Coach French will and should walk because if it isn't happening this year, it's not happening. No one is getting past BG this year regardless. It's been a good season for both teams.
Wildcat18 Wrote:It's time for SW to put up or shut up. No realistic person from PC thinks they'll win Friday night and they are definitely not favored at the Reservation. A PC win would be labeled an upset. All excuses, records, & statistics aside; the fact still remains that SW has been and still is a 2nd tier team in the county. The last time SW won district, PC won the state championship. Yes, even when you win, you still lose. I personally think SW will win the game, but I would not be shocked if they lose. If SW loses, Coach French will and should walk because if it isn't happening this year, it's not happening. No one is getting past BG this year regardless. It's been a good season for both teams.

SW returns a large portion of their team?
Wildcat18 Wrote:It's time for SW to put up or shut up. No realistic person from PC thinks they'll win Friday night and they are definitely not favored at the Reservation. A PC win would be labeled an upset. All excuses, records, & statistics aside; the fact still remains that SW has been and still is a 2nd tier team in the county. The last time SW won district, PC won the state championship. Yes, even when you win, you still lose. I personally think SW will win the game, but I would not be shocked if they lose. If SW loses, Coach French will and should walk because if it isn't happening this year, it's not happening. No one is getting past BG this year regardless. It's been a good season for both teams.

The last time SW won district was a couple weeks ago.
:Thumbs:
Willie Turnover Wrote:The last time SW won district was a couple weeks ago.
:Thumbs:

And they plan on winning the state title as well I'm assuming, correct? If they don't win it this year, they won't win it in the next decade. Like I said, it's time they put up or shut up. I'll be pulling for the winner of the game this Friday night to win it all in 5A. The winner "should" play for the title.
speakthetruth Wrote:Numbers do not lie. SW has rushed for 1,000 yards more than PC. PC has thrown for 32 more yards than SW. So a running team almost has as many passing yards as a passing team and we still can't admit SW is a good team.

When you are wanting people to admit SW is a good team who are you comparing them to? Comparing them to PC, they are pretty good. Comparing than to Belfry, Johnson Central, or Bowling Green they are terrible. Let's put things in perspective, this game is nothing more than a in county rivalry between two mediocre teams. PC was a legitimate 5A force force last year and the year before, neither team was before or since. To try to make things more realistic for you, you can combine SW and PC but Bowling Green still puts a running clock on you before half time.
You are wrong mister Wildcat. I'm a realistic PC fan and I think they absolutely can win this game. As a matter of fact I'm gonna say PC 20 SW 14. This isn't middle school anymore.
Wildcat18 Wrote:And they plan on winning the state title as well I'm assuming, correct? If they don't win it this year, they won't win it in the next decade. Like I said, it's time they put up or shut up. I'll be pulling for the winner of the game this Friday night to win it all in 5A. The winner "should" play for the title.

No not correct, unless someone upsets Bowling Green in semi state, then maybe.
Trophy Room Wrote:When you are wanting people to admit SW is a good team who are you comparing them to? Comparing them to PC, they are pretty good. Comparing than to Belfry, Johnson Central, or Bowling Green they are terrible. Let's put things in perspective, this game is nothing more than a in county rivalry between two mediocre teams. PC was a legitimate 5A force force last year and the year before, neither team was before or since. To try to make things more realistic for you, you can combine SW and PC but Bowling Green still puts a running clock on you before half time.
This true. I think they will beat PC. I've seen BG, and Belfry. Let's say that I would become 100% true believer in SW I'd they beat BG. I have seen crazy upsets.
GoldenSpirit Wrote:This true. I think they will beat PC. I've seen BG, and Belfry. Let's say that I would become 100% true believer in SW I'd they beat BG. I have seen crazy upsets.

You haven't or won't see one that crazy. SW better be worried about PC and only PC, if not, they are fixen to get beat. I still like SW 20-19.
speakthetruth Wrote:That is a completely different story....that year Riley Hall was injured, who will go down as one of the best QB's to play in this state. He changed the dynamic of the team. Jack New is an exceptional player but does not change the game by being on the field. Like I said he was on the field and SW drove to the endzone and scored. SW lost two starters as well ....actually lost the safety on SW's first defensive drive just like PC and later lost the starting RB. Yet they still won. PC had one guy get hurt. SW had two so not sure I get your reasoning on PC finally being healthy.

That's fine, you'll find out Friday night. :truestory:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Obvious point here...whoever wins the turnover margin wins. Should be a great game between two talented and well coached teams.
speakthetruth Wrote:Keep telling myself what exactly?
That Riley Hall being out did not effect the outcome in 2014?
That Jake New wasn't on the field when SW drove the whole field on the first drive?
That SWs best RB was injured?
That SW also lost their starting Safety 2nd play of the game?
Or that a guy playing safety who has 3 pass receptions, 360 rushing yards, 4 tds in 12 games, zero interceptions, and is 5th on the team in tackles is the difference maker?
The excuses went from officiating to injuries?

We heard the same thing prior to the last game....I was told to wait and told my predictions were wrong. You guys better start coming up with excuses you needed them last time....hate to see you use the same ones...maybe the wind will be blowing Friday or the stadium lights pointed in the wrong direction. Who knows there may be no talk after this game just resting them sore jaw muscles everyone knows they have been overused at this point. Or maybe it will be blamed on your leading rusher being kicked off the team. I can hear it now "if we had our RB we would win".

I don't think that will be a problem since Pulaski put up 265 rushing yards on the best district 8 had to offer. On top of that, Whitley was only allowing 80 passing yards a game and Pulaski had that in their first drive of the game. When it was all said and done, the Maroons put up 500 yards of offense on district 8's finest, while holding Whitley County to 22 rushing yards and 263 passing yards.

What did Southwestern do against the 2nd place team in district 8? Well lets find out.

Southwestern:
Rushing - 324
Passing - 104
Total - 428

North Laurel:
Rushing - 280
Passing - 119
Total - 399

Looks like it was pretty even to me, which was not the case for PC playing against a better team.

The Maroons will be running like a finely tuned machine on Friday night and will cruise to victory! TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I don't think that will be a problem since Pulaski put up 265 rushing yards on the best district 8 had to offer. On top of that, Whitley was only allowing 80 passing yards a game and Pulaski had that in their first drive of the game. When it was all said and done, the Maroons put up 500 yards of offense on district 8's finest, while holding Whitley County to 22 rushing yards and 263 passing yards.

What did Southwestern do against the 2nd place team in district 8? Well lets find out.

Southwestern:
Rushing - 324
Passing - 104
Total - 428

North Laurel:
Rushing - 280
Passing - 119
Total - 399

Looks like it was pretty even to me, which was not the case for PC playing against a better team.

The Maroons will be running like a finely tuned machine on Friday night and will cruise to victory! TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

So both teams had good offensive performances? Sw had their starters out in the third quarter when things were chippy 34-7 at this point. You guys were tied close to the 4th or going into the 4th so you should still have your starters in we were fortunate to let our backups play defense and some youg guys run the ball. You guys may win friday but dont get into comparing stats with like or unlike opponents, you probably wont like that outcome (lincoln, south)
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I don't think that will be a problem since Pulaski put up 265 rushing yards on the best district 8 had to offer. On top of that, Whitley was only allowing 80 passing yards a game and Pulaski had that in their first drive of the game. When it was all said and done, the Maroons put up 500 yards of offense on district 8's finest, while holding Whitley County to 22 rushing yards and 263 passing yards.

Southwestern:
Rushing - 324
Passing - 104
Total - 428

North Laurel:
Rushing - 280
Passing - 119
Total - 399

Ok and your point....PC almost got beat by the 3 seed week 1. SW rolled both teams week 1 and week 2 and the majority of those yards came on the JV team that played the whole 2nd half. DO NOT forget that when you brag about all those yards that there was a game played between these two in which PC rushed for 30-40 yards with their leading rusher. Yay you put up yards against inferior opponents go look at those stats from October 21 then get back to me.
Heard through the grapevine SW will be without a key defensive player friday. Could be a factor but as speakthetruth preaches no excuses come friday.
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Heard through the grapevine SW will be without a key defensive player friday. Could be a factor but as speakthetruth preaches no excuses come friday.

Kid hasn't played in a few weeks....no excuses
speakthetruth Wrote:Kid hasn't played in a few weeks....no excuses
1 week
jumperdogpete Wrote:1 week

Talking weeks as in games hasn't played in a few weeks (games) he has played in 7 out of 12 games
technically 1 and a half plus however many he missed at the beginning of the year.
speakthetruth Wrote:Ok and your point....PC almost got beat by the 3 seed week 1. SW rolled both teams week 1 and week 2 and the majority of those yards came on the JV team that played the whole 2nd half. DO NOT forget that when you brag about all those yards that there was a game played between these two in which PC rushed for 30-40 yards with their leading rusher. Yay you put up yards against inferior opponents go look at those stats from October 21 then get back to me.

I can guarantee you that won't happen again! I will change my avatar to a SW logo of your choosing if PC has less than a 100 yards rushing tomorrow night.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Southwestern should win as they have slightly better horses this year. But to be the Man you have to beat the man and that's something the Warriors have been unable to do these last few years when it matters most.

Maroons 21, Warriors 20 in a Classic.