Poll: Who Wins It?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
53.66%
Hazard
46.34%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Hazard **1A State Semi Finals**
I think Hazard is starting to "peak" at the right time. Also, the Bulldogs are starting to get healthy, while other teams during this point in the playoffs are usually a little "banged up". Paintsville is a very good team and I look for this to be a very competitive game that could come down to the last possession. I think Hazard pulls this one out in a "nail bitter". Hazard wins 28-27. Good luck to both teams.
Are their any injuries for either side?
If Hazard can control the tempo, then they have a shot.... last thing the Dawgs wanna do is turn this in to a track meet.

If Hazard tries to run with Paintsville, Paintsville will score 50+ points.... they have way too much offensive firepower.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Here's a quick breakdown of each team's stats leaders:

HAZARD

Rushing: Cory Smith- 263 Carries, 2561 yards, 36 TD, 197 YPG, 9.7 YPC

Passing: Bailey Blair- 123 completions on 191 attempts, 2092 yards, 19 TD, 8 INT, 161 YPG, 17 YPC

Receiving: Jason Johnson- 60 Receptions, 973 yards, 6 Touchdowns, 74 YPG, 16 YPC

Defense: Braxton Whitaker- 4 Interceptions, Kade Holland- 94 Tackles

PAINTSVILLE

Rushing: Kent Phelps- 168 Carries, 1922 yards, 31 TD, 160 YPG, 11.4 YPC

Passing: Darren Morris- 68 Completions on 112 Attempts, 1243 yards, 23 TD, 4 INT, 96 YPG, 11 YPC

Receiving: James Allen- 28 Receptions, 528 yards, 11 TD, 40 YPG, 18 YPC

Defense: 3 Players tied with 2 apiece, Christian Keeton 93 Tackles
Paintsville plays in surges. For Hazard to win they cannot allow Paintsville to build momentum. Hazard needs to grind the ball and keep the Paintsville offense on the sidelines and to limit the big plays that Paintsville thrives on. In both games against Raceland, Paintsville didn't drive the ball but their points all came from big plays. Take that away and Hazard wins. Unfortunately for Hazard though Paintsville is playing with some serious swagger and I think they make it to the dance.

Paintsville 28
Hazard 24
Orange Blaze Wrote:Paintsville plays in surges. For Hazard to win they cannot allow Paintsville to build momentum. Hazard needs to grind the ball and keep the Paintsville offense on the sidelines and to limit the big plays that Paintsville thrives on. In both games against Raceland, Paintsville didn't drive the ball but their points all came from big plays. Take that away and Hazard wins. Unfortunately for Hazard though Paintsville is playing with some serious swagger and I think they make it to the dance.

Paintsville 28
Hazard 24

What is going to hurt Hazard is that they haven't played a team quite as good as good as ours. Also, it is difficult for me to believe that many teams in class 1A are better than what Raceland was in the second half of last Friday's matchup.
swampdonkey Wrote:What is going to hurt Hazard is that they haven't played a team quite as good as good as ours. Also, it is difficult for me to believe that many teams in class 1A are better than what Raceland was in the second half of last Friday's matchup.

Hazard has played lots of good teams this year. For example, Pikeville when they played paintsville actually had the upper hand and fell apart. I believe they actually dominated paintsville in the first half. And list by 2 touchdowns when it was over. Hazard played them twice. The first game was completely hazards fault. Turnovers will cause anyone to lose. But in that loss they still were dominant on defense and moved the ball easy on offense. The second meeting showed that hazard was able to come back and with more control and focus. They want that title. Come Friday it want matter how many fans come from paintsville because that just means there will be more broken hearts on the ride back home.

I think it will be back and forth in the first half but hazards front line will dominate and they have the stamina to put it away in the second half. If we give up the ball to much then we will lose.

Also, I look for this to be a run only game for both teams. The weather says rainy and cold. Bring on Friday. Go Dawgs.
Hazard_dad Wrote:Hazard has played lots of good teams this year. For example, Pikeville when they played paintsville actually had the upper hand and fell apart. I believe they actually dominated paintsville in the first half. And list by 2 touchdowns when it was over. Hazard played them twice. The first game was completely hazards fault. Turnovers will cause anyone to lose. But in that loss they still were dominant on defense and moved the ball easy on offense. The second meeting showed that hazard was able to come back and with more control and focus. They want that title. Come Friday it want matter how many fans come from paintsville because that just means there will be more broken hearts on the ride back home.

I think it will be back and forth in the first half but hazards front line will dominate and they have the stamina to put it away in the second half. If we give up the ball to much then we will lose.

Also, I look for this to be a run only game for both teams. The weather says rainy and cold. Bring on Friday. Go Dawgs.

Paintsville dominated the entire game until the final 5 or 6 minutes. It was 42-14 at one point. Pikeville recovered 2 onside kicks late in the game and very made it interesting.
Pupaw Wrote:Paintsville dominated the entire game until the final 5 or 6 minutes. It was 42-14 at one point. Pikeville recovered 2 onside kicks late in the game and very made it interesting.

It was 14 to 19 at half. I wouldn't call that dominating anything. Paintsville done good the second half. They out scored pikeville 21 to 14 in the second half. Hazard dominated from beginning to end past Friday. Bring lots of tissue with you. Your going to need it.
Hazard_dad Wrote:It was 14 to 19 at half. I wouldn't call that dominating anything. Paintsville done good the second half. They out scored pikeville 21 to 14 in the second half. Hazard dominated from beginning to end past Friday. Bring lots of tissue with you. Your going to need it.

I thought it was a more one sided game so my apologies. Should have said they dominated for the 3rd quarter until it was 42-14. Good for Hazard dominating start to finish though. They looked good on tape.
I think Hazard will win this game going away go Bulldogs!!!!35-14
Hazard_dad Wrote:It was 14 to 19 at half. I wouldn't call that dominating anything. Paintsville done good the second half. They out scored pikeville 21 to 14 in the second half. Hazard dominated from beginning to end past Friday. Bring lots of tissue with you. Your going to need it.

:hilarious: Now we're get'n carried away a bit! Dominated who? Pikeville? True Hazard has played some pretty good teams BUT Paintsville is NOT a pretty good team! Hazards D is GOOD. Your getting ready to play a team who's Defense is The STRONGEST IN 1A! They Cover the deep pass as well as they do short routes! As for them defending the run, well let's just say, It'll be NOTHING like last Friday night for Hazard!
Pupaw Wrote:Paintsville dominated the entire game until the final 5 or 6 minutes. It was 42-14 at one point. Pikeville recovered 2 onside kicks late in the game and very made it interesting.

how can it be 42-14 at one point, when the final score was 40-28. that just show you don't know what you are talking about.
Friday will be here before we know it
This should be a close game. If it's a blowout or convincing win for either then the other team imploded or just quit. But I don't see it..
I should be in attendance in person for this one.. These two teams are people didn't give much credit to before the season started and I bragged on both and said they were going to be pretty good.. I'm glad I hit the nail on the head.... I myself am going to look at video of the Paintsville team and see who there starters are and see some subs...
bac2369 Wrote:This should be a close game. If it's a blowout or convincing win for either then the other team imploded or just quit. But I don't see it..

I agree Bac just giving Hazard_dad a hard time! Hazard surprised allot of people last Friday night but I had them picked to beat Pikeville from 10 mins after the Pikeville Pineville game finished! The first go around was Pikevilles game to lose and they did just that. Knew that wasn't happening twice with this Hazard team! This game will be COLD, DAMP, CROWDED AND ELECTRIC!!! a Lot of Hard hits and big ol' boys on the line go'n AT IT!!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I agree Bac just giving Hazard_dad a hard time! Hazard surprised allot of people last Friday night but I had them picked to beat Pikeville from 10 mins after the Pikeville Pineville game finished! The first go around was Pikevilles game to lose and they did just that. Knew that wasn't happening twice with this Hazard team! This game will be COLD, DAMP, CROWDED AND ELECTRIC!!! a Lot of Hard hits and big ol' boys on the line go'n AT IT!!

A little smack talk don't hurt... I've been quiet all year as this hazard team has grown the past few weeks and there confidence has been building. I was a little questionable after the breathitt game as they give up a few points but I think they where still working there issues out.. I can't wait to watch this one.
This is going to be a classic game for sure!!!
Looking at schedules I see Paintsville has played 8 home games and 5 away games. This will be the 6th game away as they have played there last 4 at home.

Hazard is a little different with 5 home games played and the 6th will be Friday and 8 have been on the road. Hazards last 4 have been split with 2 at home and 2 straight away games in the playoffs...

Hazard should be pumped to be playing at home after beating solid teams on the road. Both teams scored first before the dogs got going...

Hazard will need to limit turnovers and not fumble in critical situations. The defense must not give up easy plays.. Run defense played really well Friday against Pikeville as Combs, Hill,and Smith and Brashear was disruptive all night giving those linebackers time to pursue to the ball..
Granny Bear Wrote:This is going to be a classic game for sure!!!

Hope so Granny.
cj2561 Wrote:how can it be 42-14 at one point, when the final score was 40-28. that just show you don't know what you are talking about.

You're right it was 40. Got it wrong twice. I'll try to not let it happen again. Lol
What interest me is if hazard can stay in there 3-4 defense...if they can it will help becuause it puts to solid kids on the edge who make tackles. I am also interested how many Paintsville will put in the box. Pikeville had 9 and still didn't slow the run down much..
Hazard 28 Paintsville 23
No way the JCMS boys lose this one. They've been taught better and how to thrive in the moment just see last weeks Raceland game. 2 crucial picks and 2 tds.
Just think four days from now, about this exact moment a bunch of cars and trucks will be headed back to paintsville. A little sadder, a little more disappointed, because their team simply could not pull it off. Their team will meet a stronger, more balanced, team Friday that will simply put a whooping on that Azz. Fun times. Four days and counting. Wink
I have some more stats..

Hazard @ home is averaging 49.8 points per game and allowing opponents 18.2

Paintsville on the road has averaged 31.6 points per game and giving up 13.6
Johnson Central's JV- 21

Hazard- 18
Hazard_dad Wrote:Just think four days from now, about this exact moment a bunch of cars and trucks will be headed back to paintsville. A little sadder, a little more disappointed, because their team simply could not pull it off. Their team will meet a stronger, more balanced, team Friday that will simply put a whooping on that Azz. Fun times. Four days and counting. Wink
lol
Iron Horse Wrote:Johnson Central's JV- 21

Hazard- 18

That's funny
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next