Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 Corbin 17
Oh ya you you Belfry fans that get on here and act like we're not going to be very next you all are STUPID and for the Corbin we will be number #1 until someone in 3A knocks us off and it won't be next year
Huh
Looks like a lil celebrating got in the way of spell check, never mind I speak typo Go Belfry!
Looks like someone forgot to switch to his troll account.
Enjoyed watching two great teams play. Well played game by Corbin until the fumble on 4th and goal. Then the wheels fell off. Corbin gave up so much size but still marched the ball down the field. Inside the 10 twice and only came away with 3. I believe last night decided the state championship. Congrats to both teams on a great season. Look out for Corbin the next several years.
Well, everyone has their opinion so I'm going to give mine! I was not at the game last night; I was also distracted since I was watching the UK basketball game, keeping up with Hazard/Paintsville game, getting updates from LeeCoUKFan on the Pulaski game and eating Thanksgiving left overs. (Don't get much better than that) I had a roaring fire, too!!

Corbin was hungry!! They've had a great year and they wanted to ice their cake with a state championship! I believe they stunned Belfry at first. The way it sounded to me from the Belfry announcers (oh yeah...I had them running in the background too), Belfry was surprised and confused at the talent level and execution of the Hounds. Cudos to Corbin and especially Haddix for this!

As great coaches do, Haywood did make some adjustments at halftime. He is by far and away, the best at doing this. BUT, the Pirates did not execute it right away...they just didn't!

To me, like PHS95 said, that goal line stand and the botched snap finally woke up the Pirates. It was like they came out of a fog and realized where they were and what was happening. The stand proved to them that they could take this game. And they DID take it. Everytime I turned around, it was another Belfry touchdown.

This was a great great game!! Shame on the posters who are showing little to no respect for the other team. Both teams deserve your respect and ALL of the players left everything on the field last night. ALL OF THEM!!

This game was a direct representation of the discipline, and coaching abilities of two fine coaches.

So the East is sending Hazard, Belfry, Johnson Central and Pulaski County to Bowling Green next weekend. I plan on seeing all of these games, and can't wait to see everyone.

I am so sad that football season is over, but I sure hope that we all finish well next week!!

Good luck to the Seniors who have played their last game, and thank you for a wonderful wonderful season!!
Belfry went on a 42-0 run, must have just woke up from a bus ride?
proud44pirate Wrote:Why the hell would anyone say Corbin is favored next year. Have you seen what we have coming back. 3 offensive linemen that have seen playing time and are all studs. A stable full of other quality linemen that's will get their shot. Talented backs and a QB that is more than able to get it done.

Belfry should be the favorite again next year. They just reload and keep winning.
Big congrats to both teams! It's quite obvious that these two teams are on another level compared to anyone in the east and perhaps anyone in the state in 3A. It's so unfortunate that these two can never meet in the state championship game, as I'm sure they would be for the next 5-6 years if it were possible. Amazing season for Corbin, congrats to the Redhounds and coach Haddix. I'll be looking forward to this matchup for years to come.

Belfry is still the beast of the east and have so many players that will be going to the next level, it's just stupid! Belfry is one of a very few teams in the state that has the luxury of reloading instead of rebuilding, which is a testament to the football community in Pond Creek.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be Belfry's 7th consecutive trip to the state championship game and they'll have the opportunity to win their 4th consecutive State Championship! That's absolutely insane! The only team I know of that can match this kind of success was the Highlands teams between 2007-2014.

Can't wait to see the game next weekend, bring back the gold to the east Pirates!! :1::1::1::1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
6 TD's versus 2. Sounds close to me. Lol
Corbin fans left when Belfry took the lead 21-17. That let our boys know the fans gave up just like their team.
[YOUTUBE="Belfry @ Corbin 3A State Semi Final 11/25/16 Highlights"]5Yhoma2WRws[/YOUTUBE]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
proud44pirate Wrote:Corbin fans left when Belfry took the lead 21-17. That let our boys know the fans gave up just like their team.

Corbin fans are very fickle and want to find someone to blame most of the time. Next year will be no better.
proud44pirate Wrote:Why the hell would anyone say Corbin is favored next year. Have you seen what we have coming back. 3 offensive linemen that have seen playing time and are all studs. A stable full of other quality linemen that's will get their shot. Talented backs and a QB that is more than able to get it done.

Anyone who doesn't think Belfry won't have some drop off next season is delusional. Nobody graduates what Belfry is graduating this year without some noticeable difference the next season. I'm not saying Corbin will be the favorite next season, but the gap will close significantly.
Belfry will recruit what is needed.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Anyone who doesn't think Belfry won't have some drop off next season is delusional. Nobody graduates what Belfry is graduating this year without some noticeable difference the next season. I'm not saying Corbin will be the favorite next season, but the gap will close significantly.

Corbin loses more than I first thought

That Estep kid is sensational and obviously having Sizemore back is huge, but they will have some signfivisnt holes to fill in D and with Moore and their HBs leaving.

I predict Corbin will have to pass even more than this season.

Upon further review I think Belfry and Corbin will be a dogfight next year
I really lost all respect for Corbin when you have adults standing at the gate when Belfry is going in at half time yelling obscene comments at our boys. What kind of a grown "man" does this? I've never seen a team lay down and take it the way Cobin did when a team goes ahead of them. As soon as Belfry went up by one TD your fans started leaving. What's up with that? I can tell you what is wrong with Corbin...You are quitters, and you will never be winners!
NextGeneration Wrote:Belfry will recruit what is needed.

Clueless comments like this are what Losers say when they can't beat the winners.
Statements like this are made when dumbazz are in dreamland.
NextGeneration Wrote:Statements like this are made when dumbazz are in dreamland.

Glad to see you admit your reasoning behind it. Kudos for being honest about yourself.
Football Granny Wrote:I really lost all respect for Corbin when you have adults standing at the gate when Belfry is going in at half time yelling obscene comments at our boys. What kind of a grown "man" does this? I've never seen a team lay down and take it the way Cobin did when a team goes ahead of them. As soon as Belfry went up by one TD your fans started leaving. What's up with that? I can tell you what is wrong with Corbin...You are quitters, and you will never be winners!

I agree Granny. To me this showed no class or sportsmanship. Reminded me of when the Bulls beat the Pistons and Detroit left before the game was over! Totally classless! I wonder what their players were thinking seeing them leaving? I guarantee whatever comeback they had left in them was gone after seeing their own fans leaving and giving up on them. You people should be ashamed of yourselves! Corbin gave everything they had lastnight and you fans gave up on them! I actually felt sorry for those kids for having to see this. Like I said before, classless!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Big congrats to both teams! It's quite obvious that these two teams are on another level compared to anyone in the east and perhaps anyone in the state in 3A. It's so unfortunate that these two can never meet in the state championship game, as I'm sure they would be for the next 5-6 years if it were possible. Amazing season for Corbin, congrats to the Redhounds and coach Haddix. I'll be looking forward to this matchup for years to come.

Belfry is still the beast of the east and have so many players that will be going to the next level, it's just stupid! Belfry is one of a very few teams in the state that has the luxury of reloading instead of rebuilding, which is a testament to the football community in Pond Creek.

If I'm not mistaken, this will be Belfry's 7th consecutive trip to the state championship game and they'll have the opportunity to win their 4th consecutive State Championship! That's absolutely insane! The only team I know of that can match this kind of success was the Highlands teams between 2007-2014.

Can't wait to see the game next weekend, bring back the gold to the east Pirates!! :1::1::1::1:

Yes, this will be The PIRATES 7th straight trip to The State Championship game. This is a record for a team East of Lexington to achieve. I am so proud to be from the mountains and from my hometown of Belfry. Hats off to Corbin, but IT'S OUR STATE! #WeAreBelfry #BeatCentral
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
proud44pirate Wrote:Corbin fans left when Belfry took the lead 21-17. That let our boys know the fans gave up just like their team.

The body language of Corbin when Belfry took the lead was that of pure defeat and broken...they never gave any effort after that. Corbin quit and their fans quit. I couldn't believe it...

So proud of the Pirates being down 17-7 and had the Heart of a Champion to keep on fighting! Kudos to our fans for not giving up.

I'm so excited to be back in Bowling Green again.

GO BIG RED!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#51PirateFan Wrote:I agree Granny. To me this showed no class or sportsmanship. Reminded me of when the Bulls beat the Pistons and Detroit left before the game was over! Totally classless! I wonder what their players were thinking seeing them leaving? I guarantee whatever comeback they had left in them was gone after seeing their own fans leaving and giving up on them. You people should be ashamed of yourselves! Corbin gave everything they had lastnight and you fans gave up on them! I actually felt sorry for those kids for having to see this. Like I said before, classless!

The sad thing is that I agree with you. The fans from Corbin are some of the most frustrating I have ever seen. The only people left on our side after Belfry went up 28-17 were the die hard fans and parents. 2/3 of the crowd were band wagoners. They're the type I wish would just stay at home. I played at Corbin and I can tell you first hand how it feels when everyone leaves early, it feels like crap. My senior group deserved better and those seniors last night deserved better. I will tell you right now that I stayed until after the game. I hunted down the seniors I knew, and told them that I was proud of them, that they had been fun to watch, and that they were Redhounds. I'll never give up on a group of kids, just like I didn't want people to give up on me. I hope every Corbin fan who left early last night reads this and I hope they know that they should be ashamed of themselves. Next time stay at home, it's cheaper and easier to turn the radio off.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The sad thing is that I agree with you. The fans from Corbin are some of the most frustrating I have ever seen. The only people left on our side after Belfry went up 28-17 were the die hard fans and parents. 2/3 of the crowd were band wagoners. They're the type I wish would just stay at home. I played at Corbin and I can tell you first hand how it feels when everyone leaves early, it feels like crap. My senior group deserved better and those seniors last night deserved better. I will tell you right now that I stayed until after the game. I hunted down the seniors I knew, and told them that I was proud of them, that they had been fun to watch, and that they were Redhounds. I'll never give up on a group of kids, just like I didn't want people to give up on me. I hope every Corbin fan who left early last night reads this and I hope they know that they should be ashamed of themselves. Next time stay at home, it's cheaper and easier to turn the radio off.

Single Wing that was what I was thinking, just forgot to put it in my post. A lot of fans did stay and I knew it was the faithful diehard Hound fans. I apologize. I figured it was the fans that left who were only there to see Belfry lose more than see a great Corbin team win. I will tell you this, lastnight was the first time I got to see Corbin play and I was impressed! No reason for any hanging heads this morning. Congratulations on a heck of a season. Looking forward to next year. Good luck to Corbin in the future.
I agree 51. I'm still proud of those boys. They played their tails off. Anyone who knows football knew we had an uphill climb, we made it 3/4 of the way up. I wish you guys the best of luck too. I may be in BG next weekend to root you guys on. If Corbin isn't going to win it all, then the pirates are my next choice. Hopefully this will become a yearly thing. Both teams will be better for it.
I wouldn't be too hard on the Corbin fans. There were a lot of people there who were just there to see a great game and weren't "for" either team. I saw lots of people from schools all over southeastern Ky. Some of them were leaving when Belfry went up by two scores. Everyone there was treated to two heralded programs competing at a high level.
After reading this site for quite some time i decided to register so I could make this comment. Didnt have the chance to watch the game. Listened to it though on the radio, as I always do Pirate games that i cant attend. One heck of a game fought hard between 2 top notch programs. Good luck to my Pirates in BG. Hopefully I'll be able to get there for it. To Corbins team and faithful, all my respect, you guys have a lot to look forward to. I have a feeling this meeting will take place many more times in years to come. And I for one am so looking forward to it! Now go get that trophy Pirates!
big dawg, small yard Wrote:42-17 sounds like they almost had them looks like to me from the score they never was close to having anything but just another game they had no chance in

:lame:
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Oh ya you you Belfry fans that get on here and act like we're not going to be very next you all are STUPID and for the Corbin we will be number #1 until someone in 3A knocks us off and it won't be next year

no comprende