Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 Corbin 17
WildDawg Wrote:Looks like someone forgot to switch to his troll account.

^ be a troll and only use one account so you won't get mixed up Confusednicker:
Football Granny Wrote:I really lost all respect for Corbin when you have adults standing at the gate when Belfry is going in at half time yelling obscene comments at our boys. What kind of a grown "man" does this? I've never seen a team lay down and take it the way Cobin did when a team goes ahead of them. As soon as Belfry went up by one TD your fans started leaving. What's up with that? I can tell you what is wrong with Corbin...You are quitters, and you will never be winners!

:lame:
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Clueless comments like this are what Losers say when they can't beat the winners.

He spoke the truth.
pjdoug Wrote:He spoke the truth.

:lame: if he spoke the truth, then you and him go to the KHSAA. and report it with proof. Like Belfry hasn't been checked all these years and not once found guilty of anything. Another clueless coment from a whiney loser. You losers need to find another alley to pursue, clearly the transfers bother you all. Get better at your own school and maybe good players will come there, doubt it, but you could give it a try. I get sick of hearing about the recruiting Crap. If ya got evidence then present it, or keep running that whiney mouth as usual. :Sad04::Sad04:
Crossbones Wrote::lame: if he spoke the truth, then you and him go to the KHSAA. and report it with proof. Like Belfry hasn't been checked all these years and not once found guilty of anything. Another clueless coment from a whiney loser. You losers need to find another alley to pursue, clearly the transfers bother you all. Get better at your own school and maybe good players will come there, doubt it, but you could give it a try. I get sick of hearing about the recruiting Crap. If ya got evidence then present it, or keep running that whiney mouth as usual. :Sad04::Sad04:

another fact. You get sick of hearing truth because you're a loser:lame::rockon:
pjdoug Wrote:another fact. You get sick of hearing truth because you're a loser:lame::rockon:

Proof. Crybaby...prove it. Do,t get on a message board, go to the KHSAA and prove it.
The only facts pjdoug can report is that he still lives in his mommy's basement and plays with his own feces!
Big Don Wrote:The only facts pjdoug can report is that he still lives in his mommy's basement and plays with his own feces!

surely you can come up with some new material.
proud44pirate Wrote:6 TD's versus 2. Sounds close to me. Lol

You're a complete dumba**, if Corbin scores on 4th and goal, chances are they win the game. Belfry is the better team, but to act like Corbin didnt have a chance or wasn't in the game just shows your arrogance, and ignorance.
Football Granny Wrote:I really lost all respect for Corbin when you have adults standing at the gate when Belfry is going in at half time yelling obscene comments at our boys. What kind of a grown "man" does this? I've never seen a team lay down and take it the way Cobin did when a team goes ahead of them. As soon as Belfry went up by one TD your fans started leaving. What's up with that? I can tell you what is wrong with Corbin...You are quitters, and you will never be winners!

I have to call BS on this because I was standing right where they came through and didnt hear anything like that. I was amazed by how dang big some of them were, looked like a college team to me.

I wasn't on the end of where Belfry exited...I can't speak on that.

If anyone has a video you would notice that 99% of those leaving after Belfry took the lead were wearing blue, orange, black, green...colors of other local schools, those with red on also had black...not our colors.
Show me the facts pjdougie! You have been exposed as a fraud! Lol!
Posters, the game is over. It was played out last night. I can understand the frustration and some of the anger. However, mutual respect would be a much better emotion right now.

As far as those of you who don't care and are just in here to stir the pot, I am requesting that the stirring be stopped. Immediately.

Thank you.
I am done posting about this game unless another "classy" poster talks trash about my town, team or program. We lost. If Corbin goes up 24-7 on the bogus illegal downfield call...(watch the video)...and the botched snap on 4th and goal it's a different game, 31-7....but, if - if's and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all be playing next week.
One of the best atmospheres I've seen in a long time for a high school football game.

Good luck to both teams....but #GoCentral
Granny Bear Wrote:Posters, the game is over. It was played out last night. I can understand the frustration and some of the anger. However, mutual respect would be a much better emotion right now.

As far as those of you who don't care and are just in here to stir the pot, I am requesting that the stirring be stopped. Immediately.

Thank you.

I have no problem dicussing the game in an adult manner, but the continued rumors and lies of recruiting, which by the way is breaking the rules of the board. No rumors without proof. Belfry has never been in violation of recruiting and the same ones keep accusing without proof. Gets old hearing the whineing every time they win.
I am starting to delete posts that are off topic. If this don't stop the bickering and childish banter I will start suspensions and thread closures.
campbellfield Wrote:I am done posting about this game unless another "classy" poster talks trash about my town, team or program. We lost. If Corbin goes up 24-7 on the bogus illegal downfield call...(watch the video)...and the botched snap on 4th and goal it's a different game, 31-7....but, if - if's and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all be playing next week.
One of the best atmospheres I've seen in a long time for a high school football game.

While the margin of victory would have been different, I feel the outcome would have been the same. Corbin was just exhausted at the end of the 3rd quarter. Not saying anything negative, just what I saw as a neutral observer.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:While the margin of victory would have been different, I feel the outcome would have been the same. Corbin was just exhausted at the end of the 3rd quarter. Not saying anything negative, just what I saw as a neutral observer.

I don't see it as Corbin being exhausted. Corbin's players only go one way. you might see a few D players come in on goal situations, but I think that happened on 2 different plays. The defense played around 30 plays on the night. So exhaustion?? No..
Mental exhaustion?

Belfry shocked Corbin with that goal line stand, IMO. Much like Corbin shocked Belfry the whole first half. Both teams, at one point in time got knocked back on their heels and I don't think either one of them had enough experience with that kind of situation, to know how to react quickly.

I thought this was a weird game. Add the super passion of both fan bases and I'm a little surprised the game wasn't more volatile. I'm glad it wasn't.
Second half especially late in the third, when BELFRY turned the game around. It looked as if Corbin just couldn't keep up. BELFRY had them on their heels. And all of a sudden Corbin's D could not stop BELFRY. I would say that Corbin just got worn down. They got tired. To me that's the only other reasoning. Haddix is a good coach and I know he prob made some adjustments to counter those of Haywood's but I don't think he made that bad of adjustments, did he? Either all that. Or Corbin just gave up or Belfeybis just that mich better.
campbellfield Wrote:I am done posting about this game unless another "classy" poster talks trash about my town, team or program. We lost. If Corbin goes up 24-7 on the bogus illegal downfield call...(watch the video)...and the botched snap on 4th and goal it's a different game, 31-7....but, if - if's and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all be playing next week.

There it is.........refs fault. I knew it was coming.

What is the high school rule on illegal man downfield? I always thought it was only eligible receivers can cross the line of scrimmage (+ 2 yards expanded neutral zone) on a pass play before the pass crosses the line or is tipped.

If that is the rule, the penalty was legit, but very very close. Corbin had a couple of linemen that were between 2-3 yards beyond the LOS when the ball was thrown.

Now, the play call was brilliant, and it was executed perfectly. That penalty is not always called when it is that close and it definitely changed the game. It was a huge bullet dodged by Belfry and may have been the difference between winning and losing.
campbellfield Wrote:I don't see it as Corbin being exhausted. Corbin's players only go one way. you might see a few D players come in on goal situations, but I think that happened on 2 different plays. The defense played around 30 plays on the night. So exhaustion?? No..

Corbin wasn't going to stop Belfry on Offense once Haywood made the adjustment to run off tackle

Belfry ran maybe 8 plays and scored 4 TDs once they adjusted to running a huddle and running outside

Additionally Belfry took over the DLine and was creating all sorts of pressure that forces those turnovers. Horton was beating double and triple teams and getting to the ball.

Assuming Corbin got to 31 the question would have been could they have kept Belfry from getting to 35 when the Pirates were scoring at will on the counter and sweep.

Maybe, maybe not.

I do know that final score was not indicative of he game, but also this one could have looked even worse as well. Hall had a sure pick 6 in the first half he dropped and Belfry took a knee inside the five instead of running the score up.

If you want to complain about the ineligible man downfield you have to concede that Moores second TD could have easily been called back as he created space on Hunger as the ball came down with a push in the back. I don't mind they didn't call it, but it could have definitely been flagged as well.

IF Corbin wants to play the IF game it could have been 31-7 Corbin or it could have been 56-10 Belfry as well.
EKU what about the bet with Redonthehound
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:EKU what about the bet with Redonthehound

I am giving him a week to lick his wounds and don't want to rub anything in

I will give him his avatar of shame after the Finals so he can rock it until kickoff next year
I wished this game could have been televised for eastern football fans to see for themselves, Corbin is closing the gap we are 80% from a 100% right now. See y'all in belfry in 2017. Big Grinrums02: :wieghts: Big Grinrums02: :partyhard
64SUR Wrote:I wished this game could have been televised for eastern football fans to see for themselves, Corbin is closing the gap we are 80% from a 100% right now. See y'all in belfry in 2017. Big Grinrums02: :wieghts: Big Grinrums02: :partyhard

The only issue is Corbin loses a lot more between 2016 and 2017 than they did between 2015 and 2016

With that said, i expect these two to meet in belfry next Black Friday
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The only issue is Corbin loses a lot more between 2016 and 2017 than they did between 2015 and 2016

With that said, i expect these two to meet in belfry next Black Friday

While I agree with this, The same can be said for Belfry. We both lose a ton this year. That being said four or five of our senior starters were really pushed this year for playing time. I think everything that can be said for this years game has already been said. Corbin played great for 3 quarters but you have to finish. Which is what Belfry has done better than anyone these last few years. Go Belfry, Pulaski, Hazard, and Johnson Central! Bring those trophies back to the mountains!!
Anywhere online to watch this game? Was there Friday night but would love to see it again.
64SUR Wrote:I wished this game could have been televised for eastern football fans to see for themselves, Corbin is closing the gap we are 80% from a 100% right now. See y'all in belfry in 2017. Big Grinrums02: :wieghts: Big Grinrums02: :partyhard

Yes you will same result different yearTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho