Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green vs. Pulaski County (5A State Championship) 12/4
Mark_my_words Wrote:#1: Holding back hasn't been allowed at the middle school level for 3 years now. I said any grade I also mentioned that bgjrhs actually doesn't care about things the way PC does.

#2: Pulaski runs a year round football program with weights, speed training and all the bells and whistles. Watches film on hudl constantly. Also Hines' Maroons also platoon in case you aren't informed. If Youre already awesome there are diminishing returns on how much you can improve

#3: That same middle school coach also got a head high school job. Went to 3 state finals, as you mentioned. He may not have ran the same stuff but scheme is only 25% of the game at max, any good coach can beat another teams scheme. That same ms coach took a job nobody else would take and went 0-10

#4: Brings me back to the initial question of where the athletes come from? Athletes usually come from a genetic recombination of mom and dad and you said it BG plays with athletes not roids not smashmouth and certainly not slow if i can hint at it without being accused of being racist Both PC and SW feeder schools have had more talent,( speed) Confusednicker:, and strength every time I have seen those matchups. Also like I said, if Wallace was that great of a coach, and not knocking him AT ALL, but that caliber coach usually moves up in rank pretty quickly. Unless he has just chose not to.Wallaces son coaches in college, dad has chosen not to

So there's this because i'm bored.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:I don't think steroids are involved, just a little humor for myself. And I also don't think the BG staff is that much better than SW's or PC's. Sorry, no way the same kids of BG middle school in 2011-2012 are the same kids at BG high school in 2016. I would venture to say, not one kid playing a major role in Sunday's state championship game played at BG middle school in 2011 or 2012. You can tell a stud player, or a player that's going to be really good at 13 or 14 years old and believe me BG middle had none in 2011 or 2012.
Listen, I'm not trying to knock BG, I just want to get my Warriors to that level that you guys are on.

You are a complete idiot. Never has that ever happened at any level of football in KY nor would the KHSAA not be aware. Even the Fairview traveling all stars had Fairview kids in key roles and starters all over the place. I am aware of 18 of the 22 starters that played ms football at BGJRHS.
Please redirect your posting to the Bowling Green/Pulaski Co game.

Last warning before I start deleting posts that are off topic.

EKUAlum living with his mom!!!
Confusednicker: (crazy!!)
Iam4thecats Wrote:You are a complete idiot. Never has that ever happened at any level of football in KY nor would the KHSAA not be aware. Even the Fairview traveling all stars had Fairview kids in key roles and starters all over the place. I am aware of 18 of the 22 starters that played ms football at BGJRHS.
since you guys are so big into platooning, I'd say the 18-22 starters you're referring to are special teams players. I don't even remember BG middle school having 18-22 players period.
I do not know what his feeder teams do, never seen one. Pulaski aka Johnny Hines plays a different brand of football than mountain teams are used to. He started that way years ago and people have a hard time dealing with it. They run a 3-4 defense very much like BG. They run a shotgun offense very much like BG. They platoon very much like BG. Instead of making excuses Johhny has tried to find a way. I was listening to a mountain coaches radio show in 2013 where a guy stated that Johnnys football style wouldn't be able to win in November. 4 championship games later I wonder what that guy is saying now.
Granny Bear Wrote:Please redirect your posting to the Bowling Green/Pulaski Co game.

Granny, I don't think BG fans should be allowed to post on here anyways. I think they recruit posters for this site like they do players for the football team.
Be good jim rome!!

Please.
I have lost brain cells in this thread

How people cannot grasp the concept that some athletes have higher upsides because of god given ability is flooring me.

When coaching is elite on both sides, natural talent is the great mulitiplier. Hines has done a great job of coaching average athletes. Wallace does a great job of coaching elite athletes.

How many D-1 players have came from Pulaski? How many from BG?

It's not recruiting, it's talent development. This coming from someone with zero bias toward either program in question.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I said this once already. #1 Bowling Green isd will not allow hold backs in any grade.
#2 The HS game is different than MS especially with off season program and ability to coach off film and platoon.
#3 Until this year with a coaching change the MS coach was not on board with running anything the varsity runs
#4 Bg plays a speed and precision game offensively and defensively at the hs level which requires a lot of coaches and coaching to get done. MS has like 3 paid coaches HS has 13 I think.
:theman:
Well I'm not going to get involved in all this nonsense, but I will say that it will be a crying shame if Jake Johnson doesn't win Mr Football!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
The ability to platoon is huge- Did I read on here a short time back that Pulaski only dressed around 45-50 people?

The holdback rule may of changed within the last 3 years but doesn't apply to this group. Pulaski senior class is loaded with holdbacks and that probably gave them an edge in MS. You can't argue with the success though- it's obviously translated quite well from MS-HS

Only two transfers but those two are above your average talents in KY. Regardless, BG would've still been dominant this year.
Does anyone know if I can get a hot Dickins Cider can in Bowling Green?:welcome:
Fade Wrote:More crying. Build a bridge and get over it. Wah wah wah like a little 7 year old girl

Fade I hate to tell you this. But my Dad always told me the truth hurts. And you are acting really hurt. Could you and Warrior just PM each other and spare us the tears. I'm willing to bet you voted Hillary.
Trophy Room Wrote:Fade I hate to tell you this. But my Dad always told me the truth hurts. And you are acting really hurt. Could you and Warrior just PM each other and spare us the tears. I'm willing to bet you voted Hillary.

The truth hurting would require the truth first. I have yet to be given any sort of "fact" or evidence to any of their claims.

"Voted Hillary" hahahah. Atleast you tried
I have been a member here for years and I know that this cheating crap is coming from a couple of sore losers. We are not upset that the Eastern Kentucky teams whoop up on us in middle school games. Until this year, the middle school teams were not affiliated with the high school. Our 8th grade team were runner up this year. I think you will see in the next few years that the Eastern Kentucky dominance over Bowling Green will end. I have been around the Bowling Green football program for over 30 years and they have worked hard to get to where they are now. I have never seen nor heard anything about cheating. They don't have to cheat. They are just that good.
As far as middle school goes, Bowling Green has never even scored a point against Pulaski, ever. All shutouts. I think PC is somewhere around 9-0 against BG at that level in the past 7 years or so including a 36-0 win over this years runner-up group.

When it comes to high school, what a lot of people don't realize is that Pulaski has lost a lot of the talent it had during those middle school runs. Some of the most elite players from the sophomore & junior groups no longer play (& a couple in the senior class). There are many players who roam the halls who decided to hang the pads up when they got into high school. Very good contributors that no longer play. Where BG seems to gain numbers with the high school transition, PC tends to lose those numbers unfortunately.
Wildcat18 Wrote:As far as middle school goes, Bowling Green has never even scored a point against Pulaski, ever. All shutouts. I think PC is somewhere around 9-0 against BG at that level in the past 7 years or so including a 36-0 win over this years runner-up group.

When it comes to high school, what a lot of people don't realize is that Pulaski has lost a lot of the talent it had during those middle school runs. Some of the most elite players from the sophomore & junior groups no longer play (& a couple in the senior class). There are many players who roam the halls who decided to hang the pads up when they got into high school. Very good contributors that no longer play. Where BG seems to gain numbers with the high school transition, PC tends to lose those numbers unfortunately.

Seems to be a trending problem in Central KY....that and counting the kids who decide to focus on one sport really hurts the numbers on some of these teams
Seems to me that if anyone from Warren County can go to Bowling Green and play as a freshman then thats an advantage if thats true.
Slotback22 Wrote:Seems to me that if anyone from Warren County can go to Bowling Green and play as a freshman then thats an advantage if thats true.

That iis not true. The city and county have had an agreement on the amount of students from the county that can attend Bowling Green High. It's been that way for 50 years.
adopted purple Wrote:That iis not true. The city and county have had an agreement on the amount of students from the county that can attend Bowling Green High. It's been that way for 50 years.

Has Bowling Green lost any incoming Freshmen to South Warren over the past few years out of curiosity?
Iam4thecats Wrote:So there's this because i'm bored.

I'm confused, what middle school coach are we talking about? Because Pulaski's coach from a few years ago is still there as far as I know?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Has Bowling Green lost any incoming Freshmen to South Warren over the past few years out of curiosity?
Excellent point
jumperdogpete Wrote:Yes, its called recruiting, and you bowling green fans can jump on hear and say what ever you want but the truth is they wait until the kids are out of eighth grade and recruit the best out of all the local schools . This isn't some made up rant I know this for a fact.
Well then.....
adopted purple Wrote:That iis not true. The city and county have had an agreement on the amount of students from the county that can attend Bowling Green High. It's been that way for 50 years.
Hmmmm.....
Belfry0304 Wrote:I'm confused, what middle school coach are we talking about? Because Pulaski's coach from a few years ago is still there as far as I know?
I am referring to BGJRHS which changes coaches this year.
Though Warrior2002 says he is the former Pulaski ms head coach and I guess is now with SW in some capacity as a fan or something.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Has Bowling Green lost any incoming Freshmen to South Warren over the past few years out of curiosity?

Not that I'm aware of. South Warren took most from Warren Central and Greenwood. It was Warren Central that was hurt the most. They were barely able to field a varsity team and went 0-10. Warren Central was one of the best programs in the state. The county wanted to build an athletic department that could contend with Bowling Green. They almost shut down Warren Central in the process.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I am referring to BGJRHS which changes coaches this year.
Though Warrior2002 says he is the former Pulaski ms head coach and I guess is now with SW in some capacity as a fan or something.

I believe he said he was "a" former middle school coach in general. I never saw his affiliation with Pulaski by the comments he made.
Granny Bear Wrote:Please redirect your posting to the Bowling Green/Pulaski Co game.

True story!
How many have left SWarren or other schools to go to BG as freshman if any?
speakthetruth Wrote:Seems to be a trending problem in Central KY....that and counting the kids who decide to focus on one sport really hurts the numbers on some of these teams

That is a really good point. I have seen so many kids who like basketball more and choose to play basketball only, even though they were just as good if not better at football.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON