Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 2017
plantmanky Wrote:They have brought in coaches that create conflict, and have wherever they have been. One of those coaches was brought in without the ok from the current head coach.

So how does a coach get brought in without the okay from the current head coach? Who besides the head coach would have made that decision?

The dissension I speak of has to do with some coaches not being willing to put in the "extra" time that previous staffs have done. From what I am hearing, the frosh teams work 4 days a week and the JV/Varsity go 3 days a week.

The issue of kids not willing to change positions has gone on for years. I have heard 2 schools of thought on that and to be honest feel that the coaches "tell" kids where they will play for the success of the team. If they choose not to, then they can wear a uniform, practice and only play in games that are blowouts.
Coaches. If you go up and read Mantax post. You'll see what's hapoening with the coaches and program. It's not the kids won't play where they are told. It's not utilizing the kids where they best help the team. If I have 5 studs. They are going both ways too
There's more to coaching high school football than just knowledge of the game
Good luck this year
If they play ANY kids both ways this year. This problem should have been seen 3 games into to 2015 season.
Has the biggest problem the last couple of years been the coaching, overall lack of talent, or the QB play?
All of the above. QBs are important. But it's what you put around him too. Are the right players in the right positions? If depth is an issue. Like I've been saying. Both ways for some
Hearing guys cannot make it to practice on time. What in the heck is going on? If you are late, guess you stand and watch the team practice and then get some quality running time in at the end of practice. Time to let the kids know who is running the ship.
Wow That is unbelievable. Do they even care anymore. I was late as a sophomore once. After practice I was taught never to be late again. And I was only 5 minutes late hitting the field.
mantax Wrote:Hearing guys cannot make it to practice on time. What in the heck is going on? If you are late, guess you stand and watch the team practice and then get some quality running time in at the end of practice. Time to let the kids know who is running the ship.

5am practices are probably an issue for the players that dont live in the fort.
plantmanky Wrote:5am practices are probably an issue for the players that dont live in the fort.

Where was there a 5 am practice
Are they expected to return to their old form in the near future ?
There's no 5am practices. Never has been. Old form??? No one has that answer right now. They scrimmage St X next week. You can't compare them to St X. But if they get blown out. Could be another long season.
If they get kids in right positions. And play some both ways. I believe they will be better. If not. I see at least 5 losses.
With any team. Especially one without a lot of talent. Conditioning and discipline a must. Here's where coaching comes in. Make them as fundamentally sound as he can. Then the big one. Making them believe they are better than they really are. I've seen it work
How did that new 5-3 defense work out for ya against St X???
bo67 Wrote:How did that new 5-3 defense work out for ya against St X???

Did they run a 5-3 or a 3-5? I know they used to run a 3-5 when they went on that long streak of success. You have to have the right athletes to play that because that is a linebacker heavy defense.
YouDontKnow Wrote:Did they run a 5-3 or a 3-5? I know they used to run a 3-5 when they went on that long streak of success. You have to have the right athletes to play that because that is a linebacker heavy defense.

Is there really a difference between a 5-3 and a 3-5 in the grand scheme of things? Call them an outside backer or a defensive end. Not much difference to me except the stunts may be a little different.
My mistake. Meant to say 3-5. But Mantax is right
mantax Wrote:Is there really a difference between a 5-3 and a 3-5 in the grand scheme of things? Call them an outside backer or a defensive end. Not much difference to me except the stunts may be a little different.

Yeah I think there is a difference. Typically a 3-5 will have more athletic guys on the ends whereas a 5-3 probably has more space fillers on the field.
Either/or. I'd never go with only 3 Defensive backs. Not the way a lot of schools play a spread offense. I'd go 4-3.
YouDontKnow Wrote:Yeah I think there is a difference. Typically a 3-5 will have more athletic guys on the ends whereas a 5-3 probably has more space fillers on the field.

Not at the high school level. On most any team you could call it a 5-3 or a 3-5 and the personnel is exactly the same.
I'd would not run either. 4-3 for me. I want 4 DBs