•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2017
anotherfootballnut Wrote:No I'm not a tomcat but both my boys who now attended Raceland played in the Ashland JFL.. I'm not saying Raceland needs to go out recruiting but if your gonna compete for a state title your gonna have to have some . We had a player who would've helped us tremendously on both sides of the ball this past year trying to transfer in but kept hitting a brick wall he could've been the difference big tall receiver who also played corner back and not a turd a really good kid with a nice family but yet you have 14 kids from JC transfer to Paintsville I just don't get it

There are many reasons why an administration allows a transfer. I've seen at Raceland athletics is the least of them. Neither you or I know the reason the administration decided not to take this student in.
I dont think it was personel last year and i dont think it was scheme. We put up huge numbers offensively but ran into a team with as much size both in numbers and actual physical size, that had "one of those atheletes", that can win games on his own. Lets let the sleeping dawg lay and ignore the trolls and talk 2017 Rams.
This team has an advantage that few Raceland teams have had in recent years imo. Neone care to guess what that is?
We can second guess the results of 2016 all day long but it doesn't change the fact that they fell short of their goal. I agree with Scotty that the losses last year weren't due to athletes and while the scheme stalled at times overall they put up good numbers. The biggest flaw with last year's team which ultimately cost them was the fact that they couldn't win in high pressure situation. In all three games they lost they had the ball at the end of the game and were in a position to win and all three times they failed to perform when it mattered most. That is not the first Raceland team I've seen do this. IMO learning how to win in those situations is the biggest thing that needs to be addressed or we will be having these conversations every year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:This team has an advantage that few Raceland teams have had in recent years imo. Neone care to guess what that is?

Not as much pressure. No one expects them to win it all. Unlike in recent years this is seen as a rebuilding year, but I believe the 2017 team will surprise some fans and opponents.
Only thing I would change as far as scheme goes is I would have more than 1 back set
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Only thing I would change as far as scheme goes is I would have more than 1 back set

I agree here. Need more variations in the run game. BUT Nathaniel turned into more of a spread/west coast offense style of QB. So i get it. But I think if we use more of the Franklin Two back sets like we did with Denton/Carver and used more trapping, rather than zone read, we would be better off. And yes, the advantage this team will have is no hype. If they have hype by the start of the season, imo, its invalid. The cupboard is FAR from bare. Still have good size and atheletes. But a go to play maker in all fazes of the offense will have to emerge and defensively we will need to develop the secondary a little more in terms of schemes. This next year will test the pedigree of the staff imo, more so than show any trends within the program, imo. 6-4 and making it to the regional championship game will be a major achievement for this team. Though no matter how good or bad we are each year, anything less than a trip to the carpet will be a disapointment for many.
Next years team will have plenty of talent just not much experience of having to be ” the man " so they will struggle early but will be ready come playoff time
Imo, Cam Webb will really have to step up and be the go to reciever and make some big plays in the return game. If Judd hits the weights hard, he already has really good vision and runs hard, but he will have to bulk up because he is going to be able to handle alot of carries until things start to gel offensively. Unless Adkins or Damron take the reigns and run with them early on. Lot of question marks right now, but for us to be competitive those two have to be leaders in the weightroom first and foremost. Has anyone heard if Octavious Hall is coming back out to the gridiron next year?
He looked great early in the season before the knee injury knocked him out for the season.
I heard he might , but not sure if it's the best for him he's knees are in bad shape big risk for him
I agree. Would love to see him out there because he could have been and really was a difference maker with him, Cam, and Cherry to deal with. In games like Ashland and other better schools, it opened up alot of one on one situations and kept teams from doubling up on Cherry, I think he was a bigger loss than many of us think about because he wasnt one of those regular names we talked about so much. But with that said and to keep things on track lol, but he is an athelete that relies heavily an explosive first step out of a cut, in both basketball and football. Not sure his knee and ankle could withstand a full season of both.
One name we arent mentioning that we often do in a negative light is Damon Black. If that kid would just be the best Damon he could be on every snap, he is arguably the best athelete on the field on any given night. But he has been so inconsistent over the years its hard to expect that of him. So, if he is reading this, as many players do I have come to learn, here goes.

Damon, you are an incredibly athelete and gery smart player as well. I called out Kane Snyder after his senior regular season loss to Paintsville and he stepped up. I called Cherry out and gave him grief, to the kids face (long family history here so its not me pickin on a kid lol), through the first few weeks of 2016. So now Im callin u out Damon Black. Be who so many of us know u can be. Be a leader right now in the weightroom and let it roll over into the preseason and into the regular season and playoffs.

We may take some lumps wnd bruises this season, but if kids like him, Webb, Fairchild, Dixon, Ferguson, and Adkins step up, they will rebound from those bumps and bruises and suprise some people. I hate the hs football offseason, cause too many of us to get on our soapbox! I'll step down off mine now. Hope u goobers on here had a happy new year. GO RAMS!!
Congrats to Wallace and Cherry for earning AP All-State honorable mention this week! Super proud of these boys.
Lots of work being put into the weight room both in the mornings and in the afternoons! Weight meet Saturday, February 25 in the old gym; very excited to see how strong some of the kids on the team have gotten since January 2.
What schools are attending the weight meet this year?
Rams need a QB , If they can nail that position down I think they will have a good year. Kind of the same situation the current seniors where in when they were incoming junior's. someone will step up and hoof will develop another QB to lead the Rams , just not sure who that will be
Raceland got any openings on the schedule?
no they lost east Carter but added summerset
This coming season will show us what kind of staff we have. We have had the luxury of having kids that knew the system like the back of their hand over the last 4 or 5 seasons. This will be the youngest team we have had in several years in terms of experience. So this seasons success will depend more so on the staffs ability to lead these kids than in previous years.
I think we have a good staff, it's the meat head at the top that kills us.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Rams need a QB , If they can nail that position down I think they will have a good year. Kind of the same situation the current seniors where in when they were incoming junior's. someone will step up and hoof will develop another QB to lead the Rams , just not sure who that will be

I heard that there might be a QB transferring from Ashland. Any truth to that?
Hey I hear you all have a new district rival. The Paintsville Blackcats/Eagles.
This is a serious question to Racland fans. Do you all actually think you'll be able to compete with Paintsville with the amount of transfers that they're getting in? I know you eventually survived the cheaters from Westwood but it looks like South Fairview Tigers are bringing them in on a much bigger scale than Fairview ever thought about.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:This is a serious question to Racland fans. Do you all actually think you'll be able to compete with Paintsville with the amount of transfers that they're getting in? I know you eventually survived the cheaters from Westwood but it looks like South Fairview Tigers are bringing them in on a much bigger scale than Fairview ever thought about.

Raceland will be fine. This coming season will be a tough one because of all of the players lost to graduation. Obviously Paintsville has been a hurdle over the past couple of years but with the exception of the blowout in the first game of 2015 this has been a very competitive game. To answer your question, I believe Paintsville will be tough but Raceland has a good group of kids who work hard and I believe that they will surprise some people this coming season and should not be overlooked by anyone.
In the big scheme of things it doesnt matter. Even with Fairview bringing in the transfers, we were still competitive. Paintsville had transfers when we beat them for the regional title, they had transfers the last 4 match ups with them and 3 of those 4 were decided by a touchdown. In this day and age, with so much movement, so many parents looking to get their kids into a major role on the football field, coupled with the KHSAA's loose grips on any transfer issue (ie nothing is ever done until the season is over which is pointless imo), idk why everyone continues to piss and moan. Fair or unfair, homegrown, homespun, or transplants, u gotta play who is on the other teams roster. So prepare yourself as best possible, play to ur strengths, play for each other and let the chips fall where they may. Idc if its freakin Trinity, no excuses. Those days for Raceland should be passed and gone. If we get beat, we got beat. That goes for officiating too. Im tired of all the whining on here all the time. Its why i dont get on here as much. No one wants to talk football. Everyone wants to have a pissing contest. Pointless. Ok im off my soap box now.

Rams will play who they are scheduled each week, no matter who is on that roster. We can and will be competitive and these kids will not lay down for anyone. This years team could lose more games than any team in recent years, this team could get blown out more than any team in recent years, BUT, this team can also shock the hell out of me and alot of other people as well. Its just how this group of kids have been throughout their football lives. But one thing stays the same, they will not lay down.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:In the big scheme of things it doesnt matter. Even with Fairview bringing in the transfers, we were still competitive. Paintsville had transfers when we beat them for the regional title, they had transfers the last 4 match ups with them and 3 of those 4 were decided by a touchdown. In this day and age, with so much movement, so many parents looking to get their kids into a major role on the football field, coupled with the KHSAA's loose grips on any transfer issue (ie nothing is ever done until the season is over which is pointless imo), idk why everyone continues to piss and moan. Fair or unfair, homegrown, homespun, or transplants, u gotta play who is on the other teams roster. So prepare yourself as best possible, play to ur strengths, play for each other and let the chips fall where they may. Idc if its freakin Trinity, no excuses. Those days for Raceland should be passed and gone. If we get beat, we got beat. That goes for officiating too. Im tired of all the whining on here all the time. Its why i dont get on here as much. No one wants to talk football. Everyone wants to have a pissing contest. Pointless. Ok im off my soap box now.

Rams will play who they are scheduled each week, no matter who is on that roster. We can and will be competitive and these kids will not lay down for anyone. This years team could lose more games than any team in recent years, this team could get blown out more than any team in recent years, BUT, this team can also shock the hell out of me and alot of other people as well. Its just how this group of kids have been throughout their football lives. But one thing stays the same, they will not lay down.

These kids are in weigh room and working very hard. And you are right this year can fall either way. But if it goes south and we loose more than usual and get blown out alot I would be very surprise if it was due to a lack of effort and hard work from this group of kids.
Just from speaking with a few of the boys in the incoming Frosh group, they are most certainly working hard. Anyone know the results of the meet? I know Mauk had a pretty good day, atleast from a personal stand point. Lots of potential in Landon. I may be a bit biased there lol. But if he works hard, he could make an impact on this team in 2017, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Kind of a tweener between a T and E on either side of the ball. Jacob Wallace is another one that could potentially see some time on varsity. And if Noah Davidson gets half the work ethic his brother has in the weightroom, watch out for that hoss cat. I say all of this though, in hopes that the Junior and Seniors have enough between the two classes that the Sophs dont have to see the field. Thats a general rule of thumb in the most successful programs in all classes. Underclassmen play frosh/jv and mop up in varsity until they can handle it physically. Hopefully that trend continues as we have had the ability to do just that over the last several seasons.
Greenup won the weight meet. Only results i know for sure.
Yustacould Wrote:I heard that there might be a QB transferring from Ashland. Any truth to that?

Raceland has 4 kids that went to and live in Ashland only one that plays QB is nathaniel and he's graduating this year that's the only thing I can tell you
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next