•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2017
Isaac Wallace is walking on at Marshall to play football, great opportunity for him wish him the best and hope he takes advantage of it
Isaac has alot of upside and has alot of natural atheticism for a kid his size. Very interested in seeing what a year in a collegiate training program does for him. Never been a Herd fan, till the Swede went there, now i have interest in them again lol. I will definelty be pulling for them now! Kid has a high motor and works hard. He is so much more than a football player though. He is a rock for his mother and siblings. Very proud of that young man.
I was looking at Raceland's schedule on the KHSAA site and it is one of the toughest schedules that I have seen Raceland play. On paper, most of the teams on the schedule are usually good teams and the Rams will be tested every week. A tough schedule will either inspire a team or break its confidence and I can see this team going anywhere between 4-6 to 7-3 depending on how they respond to adversity. It will be interesting to see how the relatively young Rams who are in the midst of a rebuilding year will respond to playing teams that are equal or slightly better than them week after week.

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...fb17/51166
Imo, we have zero games that we should expect to win. Only two teams will be "down" from what they were a year ago.

1. Lawrence: Cool to see this one at week 1. Not tune up games hear, awsome first game between two great fan bases. This game could go either way.

2. Ashland: Imo, this year the tomcats get us by a couple scores.

3. West Carter: Wont likely be as tough upfront but have a ton of playmakers returning. Think we take this one by a couple scores.

4. Greenup: will be likely as tallented offensively and probably better on that side of the ball, but lose alot on the defensive side, especially at LB and in the secondary. This one is a battle of possessions, but I think we still come out by a score or two.

5. Valley: Will be better than they were a year ago. This one is a toss up for me.

6. Portsmouth West: If we can hang with them physically, I like us by a few scores.

7. Somorset: Traditionally very atheletic and a 6-12 3A team every year. Really not sure what they return, not sure about this one.

8. Fairview: We take this one easily imo.

9. Paintsville: As par for the course in this series, who freakin knows. Goina take good game planning and preperation to deal with Allen coming off the edge. We will have to stay ballanced offensively, but this one goes either way imo.

10. Russell: Will probably be better in 17. They took one from us last year at home, we take it back at their house this year.

We book end the season with back to back tough match ups. Never more have statements like "cant take plays off, get caught looking ahead, or expecting to win" been more tabu and forbidden. With what we return+what the schedule returns+quality of the programs on the schedule, this will be the toughest season Raceland has had since probably 2009-2011.
I keep beating it in the ground but if someone steps up at QB this team will be pretty good . I think they will be better at certain positions than last year . Secondary will be much better, with the addition of two transfers I think linebacker will be improved , I think the offensive line has a good chance at being Better especially at guard . But Dline will be way down just can't replace kids like Jerome and Isaac imo the best 2 d tackles in the area last 2-3 years ..
I agree AFN
I think they have a few kids that can do it. Imo though, whoever it is, better be ready to work. Nathaniel is a prime example of what a difference an offseason can make. Anyone hearing anything on who is looking like the starter? I also think the secondary will be improved as well. Gaurd play should be more consistent, the DT position is what I am concerned with most. I think the OL will be as good if not better. Wont be as deep though, unless a few of these younger guys upfront can have really strong offseasons. When are they doing Spring ball?
I don't think they any idea who's gonna be the starter at QB just yet . If the team stays the way it is no other transfers I look for dalton to play QB if not him you might see a nathaniel part two in the sense that you take a kid and move him positions and make a QB like Judd this is all a guess and just my opinion I just don't see Damon playing QB next year
I dont either
After thinking and looking at some things, if we work hard upfront and get a solid qb, we may be better than i thought
Those are two enormous hurdles to overcome though.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:After thinking and looking at some things, if we work hard upfront and get a solid qb, we may be better than i thought

mediocre at best Confusednicker:
I heard Whitmoyer was a monster in the weight room!
He works hard in the weight room , was a special teams player and Jv player last year , he's gonna have to play linebacker this year
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Those are two enormous hurdles to overcome though.

Raceland lost a lot but have plenty of talent , someone who I think might be a big help on special teams is gunner Lewis returning punts and kick offs the kid can fly I'm not gonna guess a 40 time but I do know he is the fastest player on the team and just a freshman. Raceland will be fine just gonna have to be patient in the beginning gonna have a lot of first time varsity players along with new QB and the fact the first two games are on The Road at Lawrence co then at Ashland
Just hope they beat the Black Golden Tigers this year! GO RAMS!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland lost a lot but have plenty of talent , someone who I think might be a big help on special teams is gunner Lewis returning punts and kick offs the kid can fly I'm not gonna guess a 40 time but I do know he is the fastest player on the team and just a freshman. Raceland will be fine just gonna have to be patient in the beginning gonna have a lot of first time varsity players along with new QB and the fact the first two games are on The Road at Lawrence co then at Ashland

Definitely a tough test out of the gate. I like it though. LC will be improved and physical. Ashland will have number on us.
Havent seen many of the kids recently, but if these underclassmen are growing like Gunner Lewis, Whitmoyer and Landon Mauk, then physicality and strength shouldnt be a problem at all. Anyone hearing anything new?
It's definitely been quite in Ram land... any updates??
Lc is gonna be a tough out. We only lost 4 and gained 20. Lc respects raceland and it's going to be interesting in week 1. I think you guys will be fine tho this upcoming year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Havent seen many of the kids recently, but if these underclassmen are growing like Gunner Lewis, Whitmoyer and Landon Mauk, then physicality and strength shouldnt be a problem at all. Anyone hearing anything new?

Right now we have all the spring sports going on so I don't think football has been the main priority at this time. Gunnur has been tearing it up on the track this spring and he is one of our fastest guys. I'm not sure how much of a role he will play this season but the kid definitely has some talent. Judd Adkins, Will Hale, and Cam Webb have also been looking good on the track as well and they all look like they have gotten stronger. Though we lost a lot to graduation we are still being back some talented athletes. This team will struggle early with finding chemistry but if they can learn to play together they have the talent to compete with anyone on their schedule.
In the pound Wrote:Lc is gonna be a tough out. We only lost 4 and gained 20. Lc respects raceland and it's going to be interesting in week 1. I think you guys will be fine tho this upcoming year.

Lawrence County wasn't bad last year, they were just inexperienced. Although the score was lopsided when we played, the Dawgs played with a lot of heart but they just didn't have the horses to keep up with the Rams. This coming season will be different and that opening game will be a good gauge for both teams. This has turned into a good game and both schools have much respect for each other. I think the Rams will have a slight advantage in this one though because LC doesn't seem to hit their stride until mid season. With that said, this is a game that can go either way. I also think Raceland needs to win this one more than Lawrence County. When I say this, I mean no disrespect but I think LC will have an easier time bouncing back from a loss than Raceland simply due to differences in scheduling. But that is a long time from now and I don't want to turn this into a prediction thread lol. It needs to be August already!
I hear ya blaze!
:howdy::howdy:Raceland fans time to get fired up in 2017 :popcorn:
The Raceland boys track team blew everyone away at the regional track meet this spring. Most of the team is comprised of football players so I think it is safe to say that speed won't be an issue this fall. If they can translate their athleticism to making plays on the football field then his could be a fun team to watch.
They've won the region 5 straight times now in track don't see that being a indication on how football goes , a lot of inexperienced kids gonna have to step it up this year I don't think it will be a matter of if but when it happens plenty of talent in Ramland
:biglmao::biglmao: โปรโมชั่น gclub
[quote=anotherfootballnut]They've won the region 5 straight times now in track don't see that being a indication on how football goes , a lot of inexperienced kids gonna have to step it up this year I don't think it will be a matter of if but when it happens plenty of talent in Ramland[/

I agree one at the last 4 years and still came up short on the Gridiron. With thay said i think we will have more speed than we have had in the past. But we will still be young at key positions. Bumps and bruises but should be solid. But i dont have any lofty preseason expectations for this team. This is a rebuilding year in Ramland. Over achievement is the name of the game for me.
Sounds like the QB battle is going to come down to Damon Black and Dalton Adkins. Dalton has one year of starting experience at Boyd County last year but only attempted 70 or so passes for a few hundred yards, 5 tds and 8 ints. While Damon through 2 TDs passes and less than 50 yards in mop up duty last year. Damon is an incredible athelete and a big arm, but hasnt been able to put it all together under center in Varsity action. Dalton comes from a run heavy offense. So at this point, from what I am hearing from players, they expect Damon to get the knod early on in camp due to his experience within the system. But I hear good things about Adkins and his decision making and maturity as a leader. Also heard several kids from the incoming Soph class are pushing the seniors in the weightroom. Hopefully that push and competition continues on to the field.

And speaking of fields, i expect a much better playing surface for the Rams homefield this year. Same group that did Paintsvilles field and several others in the area have completely redine the field. New drains/sprinklers, crowned, and new grass sewn. I expect a mich better field for years to come.
Damon ever figures it out he could be a really good QB
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next