•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2017
Coupon21 Wrote:3 to 4 wins

As much as I don't want to see that happen, I can see how that is possible. The Rams will not be facing a cupcake schedule this year (at least on paper) and they will be tested each week. I do believe that the coaches will have them prepared for each game but they will have to come with it every week because the competition will be tough in every game that they play this year. That being said, I think this years version of the Rams will surprise a few teams and they are more than capable of putting up a winning season.

We are talking about Raceland not Greenup we all know Greenup will have their usual 4-6 or worse season this is a thread about a proven winning program not about the preseason world camps until the play a game wait till next year Greenup co ..
anotherfootballnut Wrote:We are talking about Raceland not Greenup we all know Greenup will have their usual 4-6 or worse season this is a thread about a proven winning program not about the preseason world camps until the play a game wait till next year Greenup co ..
Classy
Coupon21 Wrote:Classy

Honest
Honest is what i was also being. Look at the schedule. I see 4 wins. Best case scenario 5.
Coupon21 Wrote:Honest is what i was also being. Look at the schedule. I see 4 wins. Best case scenario 5.

Almost the same schedule as last year and the year before that what's your point? Your just a raceland wanna be, your jealous of the program you wish you were apart of . Just be happy where your at and stop trolling
From what I hear it sounds like Raceland is setting themselves up for a future ran in about 5-6 years from now.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Almost the same schedule as last year and the year before that what's your point? Your just a raceland wanna be, your jealous of the program you wish you were apart of . Just be happy where your at and stop trolling
Your totally right. I would say every team in the state is jealous of that 1 regional title you guys have. Hard not to be jealous of such success.
Yup its football season lol
Coupon21 Wrote:Your totally right. I would say every team in the state is jealous of that 1 regional title you guys have. Hard not to be jealous of such success.

2 actually. This team is going to have a winning season and beat up on the county team down the road like usual.
No breathers on the RAM's schedule, but I think there's enough talent on the roster to avoid a losing season. If the line play develops it will be a good season. The line play is the key. RAMS have good skill players returning.
Having said that, I honestly believe every game will be tough.
FootballGuy Wrote:2 actually. This team is going to have a winning season and beat up on the county team down the road like usual.
Congrats
Congrats on your first winning season in a decade last year:flame:
FootballGuy Wrote:Congrats on your first winning season in a decade last year:flame:

correction decade and a half :biglmao:
Talk around yourth football up here Devil land is that raceland held back there entire 7th grade team. Not a fan of systems that do that if this is correct
Talk is incorrect. I believe is was a small group of boys in the 6th grade who have decide for reasons only known by their parents. Has nothing to do with a football program.
Ram1998 Wrote:Talk is incorrect. I believe is was a small group of boys in the 6th grade who have decide for reasons only known by their parents. Has nothing to do with a football program.
lmao. How many held back play football? Probably just a freak thing.
FootballGuy Wrote:Congrats on your first winning season in a decade last year:flame:
Thank you.
sorry
i didnt mean the entire 7th grade
....Just the athletes. Kinda leaves an entire school year blank. especially when its there "supposed to be senior year". Heard that raceland doesnt even have a 7th grade football team this year. ???
I have to agree that I don't agree fully with the holding back of a chunk of kids. However, that choice is made by parents, administration, and teachers in the school system. Academics play a big roll in it, but maturity, social skills, and developmental aptitude are also considered. For example, there was a student a few years ago that was the top student in her class by a wide margin, but that student started school early and simply wasn't ready to move on to jr high. The administration saw fit to have that child repeat a grade. There are a handful of 6th grade boys being held back, knowing the families, this kids were not held back for athletics alone. Did it play a part? Possibly but there are other factors as well. So let's knip this situation in the bud before it gets out of hand. This is a Raceland HIGH SCHOOL thread. Just my thoughts.
Heard we looked young and sloppy in the 29-12 win in the grid over Flemming. 3 fumbles in the red zone and an int. Let 2 big pass plays provide scores for Flemming. I know it's the grid, but to play poorly and come out w a multi score win is big for this young team. Hopefully things get cleaned up for our opener w LC.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Heard we looked young and sloppy in the 29-12 win in the grid over Flemming. 3 fumbles in the red zone and an int. Let 2 big pass plays provide scores for Flemming. I know it's the grid, but to play poorly and come out w a multi score win is big for this young team. Hopefully things get cleaned up for our opener w LC.

It was 21-12 in varsity. Both teams played a little loose with the ball. Fleming turned it over 5 times and had a TD called back on a punt return.
Raceland got 2 scores off short fields created off turnovers.
The story of the game was Raceland dominated the line of scrimmage.
I just made it home and here are my thoughts from the grid. Defensively we looked good and defended the run very well. We gave up a couple of big pass plays but other than that the defense looked solid. They did look very tired after the third quarter but I think that was due to the short halftime that only lasted 5 minutes. Both teams turned the ball over a lot and there were a lot of penalties on both sides.

Offensively we could really never find a rhythm and they looked out of sync all night. As it was stated in a previous post, two of the touchdowns came from a short field. It will likely take a few games for the offense to really gel. Overall though it was not a bad showing. This team played really loose and relaxed and they looked like they were having fun playing football tonight. One name that really stood out was Gunnur Lewis. He had a TD reception and on the very next defensive play he had an interception. I look forward to hearing his name a lot this year. The JV looked solid as well and they scored a TD in the 4th quarter. Who is number 32? He looked really good for the JV. He has some good size, runs the ball well, and has some good football instincts. I hope to see him get some varsity reps and I think he can help the team out.

Fleming County had some good players too. The QB has really good speed and he made a few good throws too. Number 42 is a big target and if he can get in a good rhythm with the QB I think they can have a good year together.

Overall, I was happy with how we played tonight. We have a lot to work on but I saw some positive things out of this team and I think they can be competive this year. The big thing that we have to work on is protecting the football. There were way too many turnovers due to not holding on with two hands. The defense will be pretty good this year but the offense has to do their part and be more protective of the football.
The EKC Grid is just a glorified scrimmage. Also the first time the team had a scrimmage where the guys were not split up.
Having said that, the RAMS have things they need to work on, but I'm sure after watching film the coaches will take care of that. The real test comes Saturday, which is a week away. Plenty of time to work on stuff.

I for one, see that as a possibility, but don't think it's likely. I will be shocked if it's less than 6 wins. But everyone has their opinion. What I would like to know is your reasoning behind it. Otherwise, I agree with AFN'S troll theory. If you can back it up with at least your reasons why, you look far less like a sour grapes GC brethrin'
LC-L
Ashland-L
WC-W
GC- ?
Valley-L
PW-W
Somerset-W
Fairview-W
Painsville-L
Russell-L
Greenup game is a toss up with both teams young and inexperienced. I split the 2 Ohio teams w/l, but just based on the both programs being successful most years they could both be L's or W's. Somerset is sort of an uknown to me also. They were around 500 last season so i gave raceland the W. Not trolling, just an hosest opinion.
GC will knock off rams this year
Looking at the grid last week I agree defense looked strong but it is usually the first unit to come together on any team. Offensively they had 1 week as a undivided unit. There were flashes of what could be in time but the timing was off. As they progress and practice more as a complete unit the pieces will come together and they will develop the continuity and timing needed to win.
Several wrinkles in the offense that I saw worked on in camp didn't get ran in the grid either. I look for much better offensive production as long as the football is taken care of.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)