Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Co. Cal Ripken Baseball
The Guru Wrote:CR's numbers are down about 20% this year. I think PLL's is down around 25%. Might just be a bad year all around.

Just spoke with League President Jason Hurt and got some numbers. Last year, Cal Ripken had 605 kids participating on all levels. This years number is currently at 612 and rising. They had to add 2 more tee ball teams and 1 in 9-10 minor division. They are still expecting late sign ups in softball and Babe Ruth. So much for the demise of Johnson County Youth Baseball/Softball.
THOMCAT Wrote:Just spoke with League President Jason Hurt and got some numbers. Last year, Cal Ripken had 605 kids participating on all levels. This years number is currently at 612 and rising. They had to add 2 more tee ball teams and 1 in 9-10 minor division. They are still expecting late sign ups in softball and Babe Ruth. So much for the demise of Johnson County Youth Baseball/Softball.
That's great!!! Good to hear of the late surge!
Not looking forward to a demise though.
THOMCAT Wrote:Just spoke with League President Jason Hurt and got some numbers. Last year, Cal Ripken had 605 kids participating on all levels. This years number is currently at 612 and rising. They had to add 2 more tee ball teams and 1 in 9-10 minor division. They are still expecting late sign ups in softball and Babe Ruth. So much for the demise of Johnson County Youth Baseball/Softball.

Update: The total is up to 641 as of tonight.
THOMCAT Wrote:Update: The total is up to 641 as of tonight.

641!!! Does this still classify as a joke ? Rolleyes
Looks like someone is doing something right.It is great to see so many kids having the opportunity to play.The Great American Pastime.Keep up the good work JCYBS
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:641!!! Does this still classify as a joke ? Rolleyes

EP 90- A joke makes someone laugh, I'm just smiling.
Big Grin
THOMCAT Wrote:EP 90- A joke makes someone laugh, I'm just smiling.
I think it's great that so many kids are interested in playing baseball, whether it be Ripken or LL,after all it is the greatest game ever played, I just don't get the need to keep posting totals, cause it makes it look like a contest, and everyone keeps saying it isn't a contest between leagues so why not cut out the updates.
Lefty Wrote:I think it's great that so many kids are interested in playing baseball, whether it be Ripken or LL,after all it is the greatest game ever played, I just don't get the need to keep posting totals, cause it makes it look like a contest, and everyone keeps saying it isn't a contest between leagues so why not cut out the updates.

Yeah, I agree....who cares what the numbers are....it's almost like they want to rub it in or something....just play ball!!!! Geesh!!!
I don't care what league has more but anyone who is from Johnson county should be proud that 700 to 800 kids under the age of 15 will be playing baseball. I like to hear the numbers so keep it up! The only thing I was refering to was the JOKE comment when speaking of th CR league. We have two high schools in this county and both will benefit from the CR league in one way or the other.