Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next B-ball coach at Belfry Middle
dblg11 Wrote:IMO I do not think Keith May will take the middle school job. Rumor has it that he has been offered a high school job and will be coaching at the next level next year. If he did end up with the middle school job it would be a very sound program.

Where has he been offered a coaching position?
JD If U Please Wrote:Copley hand picks his teams to WIN. Since when did beating kids in the 4th and 5th grade 60-5 and still pressing prove anything.

At least these kids can press at this age level, most do not understand the concept. I have not seen the teams this guy coaches but to press at this age impressive.
BlueChipper Wrote:And it looks as if they still can't shoot a layup or shot with any respect. I have seen this team, and if that is what you call being able to shoot, go back to school my friend. I did not see anything they have done with these kids except hide in the locker room when the going got tough. Get real dude, these are kids still don't have talent. If they did they would have proved it on the hard wood and apparently Pikeville put a stop to that.

These kids do have some talent, somewhat misguided but they do have talent.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:I agree with the Little League program being in bad shape. I know in the past there was talk about drafting players. Certain schools wanted only to draft the students at one school instead of the whole league and it didn't pass. I also don't think that it would be a bad idea to drop the 6th grade back into midget league. There should be enough 6th graders wanting to play to actually field more than one team . If a 6th grader is good enough to move up and play 7th then let him.

Where would the 7th graders have been this year without the 6th graders they wouldn't have had enough players to play a game! 6th graders are part of BMS and as such should play for BMS! If the same kids come out for basketball next year, who's going to play 8th grade? I'm proud of our 6th graders as well as our 7th & 8th. It doesn't matter who thinks who is a better coach, some kids play because they love the game. They will stay and play for whoever is coach. The 6th grade had several coaches this year and the ones who played for the 7th had a couple more. I'll be there cheering for BMS and my son whoever the is coach is!
the midget league IS in bad shape. There is one team that was hand picked that I know of and maybe more. Coach Casey is letting the woman from phelps run the league from what I gather. you would at least think if he chose someone to fill in for him that they would be from Belfry and not a rival school. She is even overruling officals calls from the scorers table, and from what I know about the rules, the offical does not have that power. It would be nice if they have a draft and if they want to bring kids from othe schools such as Phelps then they should have to be drafted like everyone else. Keith May is starting his own program in October and I personally can't wait. It will be better organized I can guarentee you that!
BelfryDad Wrote:the midget league IS in bad shape. There is one team that was hand picked that I know of and maybe more. Coach Casey is letting the woman from phelps run the league from what I gather. you would at least think if he chose someone to fill in for him that they would be from Belfry and not a rival school. She is even overruling officals calls from the scorers table, and from what I know about the rules, the offical does not have that power. It would be nice if they have a draft and if they want to bring kids from othe schools such as Phelps then they should have to be drafted like everyone else. Keith May is starting his own program in October and I personally can't wait. It will be better organized I can guarentee you that!

UH.... Belfrydad... IF I MAY..... I personally know the "lady" your talking about and I can promise you that she was ASKED to keep official books. As for Phelps being a rival school.... FROM my understanding the Phelps teams is what actually MADE the SS League this year. I know that Phelps had 7 basketball teams this year. How about this..... you all come to Phelps and play next year.... We (PHELPS) have donated YES.... DONATED to the Belfry(South Side) league EVERY year that I can remember by bringing our teams down there to play in that league. IMO..... you don't look a gift horse in the mouth and how do I know this... Because I used to be the treasurer of the South Side league..... Let's get the league at Phelps next year and let you all see what it is to have to travel EVERY weekend, spend your money so that it benefits someone else, and still have to put up with critics like you!! I would suggest that if you have a problem with the "woman" as you called her then tell her... LMAO.... I will give you $100.00 if she don't shoot straight $h!T back at ya!!

As for Keith.... You go boy!!! Smile
Just talked to the woman "behind the scorers table"...... She wants you to know that she has been informed that she will have a shirt with "COMMISSIONER" on it and has been she has also been hired for 5 more years!! LOLOL..... No joke... I did just talk to her!!! (she called FROM the ballgame)...... LMAO!!
What is this ladies name?
I won't write her name on here... waayyyyy to public but I can assure you that she is from Phelps and she didn't ask for the "job" that was given to her..... She was asked if she would care to do it!!! Maybe I'll see if I can get her to join up and she will tell ya herself!! Sorry I couldn't help ya out Next....
this is tooo funny!!!LOL
well to all you Phelps folks that responded...congrats on defending your person, I would do the same, especially if it benefited my team. I was there and watched everything that happened. Also, I know that our team "Bevins" was shorted points in a game in which they lost by one point. Say as you will...but this is fact.

don't judge the rest of the community by this..phelps has some great kids! and parents who only want to see their kids enjoy what they love..even if it is at another school...i've been there at a few games also and have saw some "wierd" things happen ..all centered around the scorer's table..
LMAO ever wonder as to how the "lady" ended up with your league???
it's not representation of my kid that's for sure!!!
It's not a matter of defending her.... IMO.... if you have a problem with it you need to address Mr. Casey.... HE is the man who runs the show there!!!
Just a minor correction. Midget League is run by Mildred May. Pee Wee is run by Randy Casey.
BlueChipper Wrote:And it looks as if they still can't shoot a layup or shot with any respect. I have seen this team, and if that is what you call being able to shoot, go back to school my friend. I did not see anything they have done with these kids except hide in the locker room when the going got tough. Get real dude, these are kids still don't have talent. If they did they would have proved it on the hard wood and apparently Pikeville put a stop to that.

This was about sixth grade they payed Pikeville 3 times what was the scores?
BelfryDad Wrote:the midget league IS in bad shape. There is one team that was hand picked that I know of and maybe more. Coach Casey is letting the woman from phelps run the league from what I gather. you would at least think if he chose someone to fill in for him that they would be from Belfry and not a rival school. She is even overruling officals calls from the scorers table, and from what I know about the rules, the offical does not have that power. It would be nice if they have a draft and if they want to bring kids from othe schools such as Phelps then they should have to be drafted like everyone else. Keith May is starting his own program in October and I personally can't wait. It will be better organized I can guarentee you that!

Belfry Dad i am so glad that these children have a place to play.. and as for a draft how many kids would get to play if they had to be drafted and go to southside to practice. At least with other schools having teams these kids can practice at phelps and go to southside to play the games... i personally know many kids who would not have that opportunity....... sure some parents would run thier children but what about the ones who won't or can't.... I know for a fact that Phelps had over 40 kids come out and that is the most that has ever came out for the south side league... now while Phelps is not a feeder school for Belfry does that mean they shouldnt come there to play? And play together... lets forget all these little trivial slurs and all that... the main focus should be on the kids... after all thats what it is all about is'nt it?
BMS Football Mom#36 Wrote:Just a minor correction. Midget League is run by Mildred May. Pee Wee is run by Randy Casey.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct!!!! BUT... to help stay on topic (if I may...Teehee).... isn't this a thread about Middle School?? LOL.....
phs1986 Wrote:You are ABSOLUTELY correct!!!! BUT... to help stay on topic (if I may...Teehee).... isn't this a thread about Middle School?? LOL.....

ABSOLUTELY correct!!!! BUT...I wasn't the one that brought it up, read the early threads! Someone else got off topic I was just correcting a misunderstanding.
BMS Football Mom#36 Wrote:ABSOLUTELY correct!!!! BUT...I wasn't the one that brought it up, read the early threads! Someone else got off topic I was just correcting a misunderstanding.

OMG.... I didn't mean to be smart.... I was agreeing with ya!! LOL..... As far as the earlier threads... I have read them!! As a matter of fact..... I have posted in them!

NOW... back to the topic at hand...
Is the situtation still questionable.... WHO is gonna be the next coach??
phs1986 Wrote:OMG.... I didn't mean to be smart.... I was agreeing with ya!! LOL..... As far as the earlier threads... I have read them!! As a matter of fact..... I have posted in them!

NOW... back to the topic at hand...
Is the situtation still questionable.... WHO is gonna be the next coach??

Didn't take it as being smart, just answering! Bobby Varney he's practicing now for AAU
The pee-wee league is over with at Belfry and i think everyone is glad.. its been a long season... To all you Belfry fans who dont want Phelps there, well got some scoop for you . I heard they wont come down next year because of all the things that has happened and been said concerning thier kids... yes Phelps is stacked with kids from Phelps and Phelps only, we dont have to go to Matewan or Williamson to get our kids to compete with anyone. The coaches work really hard to teach the kids the fundamentals.. and yes one team at Southside was hand picked to beat Phelps because they dominated there last year and a couple of years before that... But I think that everyone has lost sight of what the goal is at a second or third grade level.. Isnt it to teach the kids fundamentals.. let them have fun while they learn the game. and yes even let all the kids play.win or lose. go Phelps!!!! get a league of your own because!!! because the kids and coaches are definitely in a league of thier own..
blueblood Wrote:The pee-wee league is over with at Belfry and i think everyone is glad.. its been a long season... To all you Belfry fans who dont want Phelps there, well got some scoop for you . I heard they wont come down next year because of all the things that has happened and been said concerning thier kids... yes Phelps is stacked with kids from Phelps and Phelps only, we dont have to go to Matewan or Williamson to get our kids to compete with anyone. The coaches work really hard to teach the kids the fundamentals.. and yes one team at Southside was hand picked to beat Phelps because they dominated there last year and a couple of years before that... But I think that everyone has lost sight of what the goal is at a second or third grade level.. Isnt it to teach the kids fundamentals.. let them have fun while they learn the game. and yes even let all the kids play.win or lose. go Phelps!!!! get a league of your own because!!! because the kids and coaches are definitely in a league of thier own..

AMEN!!! I sooooooo agree!!! Maybe with all the kids Phelps has to come out .......they can even have other teams come to Phelps to play the way Phelps went to Southside...Time to bring some of that support home!! I'm not knocking the SS league as my child played in it the year they dominated... 15-0.... won the entire thing without a loss all year... BUT.... fundamental ball should be taught at that young age.... they should not be taught to win at all costs nor should they be hand picked!! I TOTALLY disagree with that! Congrats on a job well done this season to all the little ones... (SS kids included)....... Best wishes on a wonderful season next year WHERE EVER you play!!!
phs1986 Wrote:AMEN!!! I sooooooo agree!!! Maybe with all the kids Phelps has to come out .......they can even have other teams come to Phelps to play the way Phelps went to Southside...Time to bring some of that support home!! I'm not knocking the SS league as my child played in it the year they dominated... 15-0.... won the entire thing without a loss all year... BUT.... fundamental ball should be taught at that young age.... they should not be taught to win at all costs nor should they be hand picked!! I TOTALLY disagree with that! Congrats on a job well done this season to all the little ones... (SS kids included)....... Best wishes on a wonderful season next year WHERE EVER you play!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and people wonder why phelps cannot run a league OF ANY KIND!!! geeshz..........i've been around long enough that it's NOT for the kids in the phelps/majestic area... it's all about the parants AND THEIR BUDDIES...who to bend the rules for and WHO'S NEXT ON THE **** LIST to make look bad,and all the while saying ..IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS..
please!!!! you wonder what happens to little league baseball,,basketball and football..when they can't even tell you WHO IS in charge because they're are so many with the "helping hand" LOL the same parents bring the same headaches THAT SOME DESCENT people just don't want to deal with...
grow up! for the kids!!!!
waterbucket#00 Wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and people wonder why phelps cannot run a league OF ANY KIND!!! geeshz..........i've been around long enough that it's NOT for the kids in the phelps/majestic area... it's all about the parants AND THEIR BUDDIES...who to bend the rules for and WHO'S NEXT ON THE **** LIST to make look bad,and all the while saying ..IT'S ALL ABOUT THE KIDS..
please!!!! you wonder what happens to little league baseball,,basketball and football..when they can't even tell you WHO IS in charge because they're are so many with the "helping hand" LOL the same parents bring the same headaches THAT SOME DESCENT people just don't want to deal with...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IMO.... you have NO clue as to HOW things are run in the Phelps area....
I work with those kids and I can tell you that they are MY main focus.... I could really give 2 craps less about your opinion as evidently you have not been to any games where I have been there. Granted... there are a FEW in the area who are self-centered but...... there are a HUGE majority of more who are there for those babies. As for you being a decent person... IF... and let me say that again... IF you are from Phelps.... your dealing with it!! LMAO.... or you wouldn't have responded to the previous post... IF your not from Phelps... then deal with it!! Phelps competes with all the area sports and they are the only ones left that have not been "combined".... OOPS.... did I say that????? YES I sure did!!!!!
seem to have struck a nerve ...and for that i'm sorry ..if the kids and parants are happy with going to belfry then so be it .after all ..it's all about the kids right?
just don't speak for the ones who just want their kid active and involved with something they enjoy..i had noticed some tension at the games but not among the kids.
Tension at what games??? I don't have one who played in the SS league... BUT I do work with those babies on a daily basis....... as for you striking a nerve... BELIEVE me... if you had, you would have known it... LMAO.... As far as the kids go... YEP... it does bother some of them that they are "looked" down on... NOT at Phelps either! Whether you believe it or not.... those kids notice EVERYTHING.... They come back to school and report it all to anyone who will listen... believe me.... I have heard alllllllll about the championship game yesterday!!!

Again.... kudo's to ALL the children who participated in the SS league this year.... Job well done KIDS!!! (Yep, their what it's all about!!!)
OH... before I forget..... I am not speaking for anyone but myself.... and on behalf of the kids.... they are the MOST important thing I can think of pertaining to your post.......

TOPIC at hand:
Middle School coach?? Whose it gonna be??
[quote=phs1986]Tension at what games??? I don't have one who played in the SS league... BUT I do work with those babies on a daily basis....... as for you striking a nerve... BELIEVE me... if you had, you would have known it... LMAO.... As far as the kids go... YEP... it does bother some of them that they are "looked" down on... NOT at Phelps either! Whether you believe it or not.... those kids notice EVERYTHING.... They come back to school and report it all to anyone who will listen... believe me.... I have heard alllllllll about the championship game yesterday!!!

Again.... kudo's to ALL the children who participated in the SS league this year.... Job well done KIDS!!! (Yep, their what it's all about!!!)
OH... before I forget..... I am not speaking for anyone but myself.... and on behalf of the kids.... they are the MOST important thing I can think of pertaining to your post.......

TOPIC at hand:
Middle School coach?? Whose it gonna be??[/quote]
:mad:

After talking to Coach Casey the middle school coach will be Coach Varney.

I have also talked to Bobby a few times since the end of their season and here are MY views and OPINIONS. Let me also qualify this by saying I have a niece and nephew that go to BMS and I have known little Bobby and his father for as long as he has been alive.

Coach Casey believes in Coach Varney and while even Coach Varney will admit he makes mistakes, those kids have gotten better.

That group was not all that talented in the big scheme of things, they had some size and Hairisiton but they have not had a kid in the past 2 years that could score on a consistent basis.

People look at the success of the girls and football and say damn that guy can't coach because they don't win county titles. The team that beat them last year has 2 guys starting for a Shelby Valley team that is going to Rupp. The team that beat them this year lost 1 game in the county - to Belfry.

I have a family member that plays basketball and volleyball and let me tell you it wouldn't take John Wooden to win with that bunch of girls - not saying May and Collins didn't do what was needed and are not great coaches - but come on girls AAU and all-stars has been played a Belfry FOREVER.

The football, well to be honest, Deskins did a great job of picking coaches that know the game to be around him and those kids expect to win football games.

To some of you guys that just can' stand Bobby I think I know why, I will give you he is arrogant and even to the point of cocky and he kisses 0 peoples butt, but he eats, sleeps, and breathes Belfry basketball, and is deeply loyal to Coach Casey.
At the EXPO after the region I saw someone say something negative about Coach Casey and Varney flat told them were to go.

The thing that bothers me the most about reading this junk on here is Bobby played for Coach May and Casey Lequire and Bobby's brother pretty much grew up together then people get on here throws those guys names out when I'm pretty sure those 2 have 0 interest in the job. That cause unwanted strain between everyone.

The junk he has to put up with on here and with people being two-faced because his dad is a board member absolutely kills me. I have literally seen with my own eyes people shake his hand and hug him then when he leaves call him every name in the book and say what a prick. GROW UP!!!!

Does he need to learn more, YES, but Coach Casey and Mr. Hurley seem happy with him and I'm pretty sure they are the only 2 that matter

I'm getting off my soap box now.
Belfry80 Wrote:[quote=phs1986]Tension at what games??? I don't have one who played in the SS league... BUT I do work with those babies on a daily basis....... as for you striking a nerve... BELIEVE me... if you had, you would have known it... LMAO.... As far as the kids go... YEP... it does bother some of them that they are "looked" down on... NOT at Phelps either! Whether you believe it or not.... those kids notice EVERYTHING.... They come back to school and report it all to anyone who will listen... believe me.... I have heard alllllllll about the championship game yesterday!!!

TOPIC at hand:
Middle School coach?? Whose it gonna be??[/quote]
:mad:

After talking to Coach Casey the middle school coach will be Coach Varney.

I have also talked to Bobby a few times since the end of their season and here are MY views and OPINIONS. Let me also qualify this by saying I have a niece and nephew that go to BMS and I have known little Bobby and his father for as long as he has been alive.

Coach Casey believes in Coach Varney and while even Coach Varney will admit he makes mistakes, those kids have gotten better.

That group was not all that talented in the big scheme of things, they had some size and Hairisiton but they have not had a kid in the past 2 years that could score on a consistent basis.

People look at the success of the girls and football and say damn that guy can't coach because they don't win county titles. The team that beat them last year has 2 guys starting for a Shelby Valley team that is going to Rupp. The team that beat them this year lost 1 game in the county - to Belfry.

I have a family member that plays basketball and volleyball and let me tell you it wouldn't take John Wooden to win with that bunch of girls - not saying May and Collins didn't do what was needed and are not great coaches - but come on girls AAU and all-stars has been played a Belfry FOREVER.

The football, well to be honest, Deskins did a great job of picking coaches that know the game to be around him and those kids expect to win football games.

To some of you guys that just can' stand Bobby I think I know why, I will give you he is arrogant and even to the point of cocky and he kisses 0 peoples butt, but he eats, sleeps, and breathes Belfry basketball, and is deeply loyal to Coach Casey.
At the EXPO after the region I saw someone say something negative about Coach Casey and Varney flat told them were to go.

The thing that bothers me the most about reading this junk on here is Bobby played for Coach May and Casey Lequire and Bobby's brother pretty much grew up together then people get on here throws those guys names out when I'm pretty sure those 2 have 0 interest in the job. That cause unwanted strain between everyone.

The junk he has to put up with on here and with people being two-faced because his dad is a board member absolutely kills me. I have literally seen with my own eyes people shake his hand and hug him then when he leaves call him every name in the book and say what a prick. GROW UP!!!!

Does he need to learn more, YES, but Coach Casey and Mr. Hurley seem happy with him and I'm pretty sure they are the only 2 that matter

I'm getting off my soap box now.

Nice post:thumpsup:
waterbucket#00 Wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS IS JUST PLAIN OLD JEALOUSY IT SEEMS TO ME.... ..WELL WAKE UP! SOUNDS LIKE A DISGRUNTLED PARENT TO ME.. WH DIDN'T GET THEIR WAY MAYBE?:p AS FOR THE LEAGUES WHETHER IT'S BASEBALL BASKETBALL OR FOOTBALL ..WE SEEM TO HAVE A WHOLE BUNCH OF KIDS BEING WELL ORGANIZED TO PLAY ..AND THOUGH SHE'S NEVER TOLD ..PHS1986 DOES A FINE JOB!!!
YOU SHOULD FEEL LUCKY TO HAVE A HARD WORKER WHO DOES IT ALL FOR THE KIDS!!!
SHAME ON YOU!!!! YOU FEEL THE NEED TO JUMP ON ANY BAND WAGON WHO WANTS TO BAD MOUTH OUR COMMUNITY ...AS PHS1986 SAYS ...."DEAL WITH IT"!!!
AAWWWWW...... I luv ya SueKatt!!!! LOLOL....