Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Courier Journal All - State
decent list to say the least.
I think when comparing players throughout the state it really comes down to their class. Not really fair to compare a 2018 kid to a 2021 kid.. The 2018 class is very strong. A lot of talent in that class. 2019 will be down but 2020 is another strong class. I like that the courier journal goes with Jr and Sr's.. They deserve the honors.
The list was pretty accurate or at least by my opinion. And you are correct, the 2018 class is loaded, 2019 will be solid but a little and then 2020 could up end being as good as 2018. So good to see so many good players in the state.
I wish all the coaches would vote on the all state players, I think it should be mandatory
Megget Wrote:I wish all the coaches would vote on the all state players, I think it should be mandatory

I agree. Shows the level of interest by the coaches. Eyes dont lie.
new o Wrote:At the moment there is only D1 player returning to the mountains which is Green. I am sure there are a few that will play college basketball somewhere and get a free education which is what it's all about. You also left out Higgins which has to be mentioned as one of the best in the mountains.

Macie Gibson of Owsley is a D-1 caliber player. Besides averaging 29/16 for Owsley last season she is playing for the number 2 Kentucky Premier team this summer. Kentucky Premier has many teams but the top two are for players with D-1 potential. She just got back from Indianapolis for her first games and the team went 4-0 and Macie averaged a double-double as a starter.

So yes, there are more than Green that has D-1 status. Proffit of PCC also is a future D-1 player.
I will admit that Green is no doubt the best player in the mountains. She's got a great future.