Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Gets First 2008 Verbal from Draymond Green
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Doesn't matter how 'good he's going to be'....keep in mind he'll be playing for Tubby (let's pray not) and we all know what Tubby does to players with potential....can you say STEVENSON?

I love Perry Stevenson, but daggone it he is just not ready. He is out of position ALL the time on defense, he is not strong at all, and he cant catch a cold.

IM pretty excited about Green from what i have read thus far. Hopefully he blows up i nthe AAU circuits this year and shoots up the rankings. Thatsthe only way to keep some fans happy.
Well this makes me estatic! I think this guy will come out on top at UK. Hopefully we can land Patterson now.
Just really wasn't that impressed in the video and looked like he was playing against a bunch of middle schoolers who have never played basketball! And this guy plays in CLASS A in Michigan... I know one thing..MICHIGAN ISN'T MUCH OF A BASKETBALL STATE IN HIGH SCHOOL! Looks like he has heavy feet, but like mentioned, this guy still has another year to develop his game.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Just really wasn't that impressed in the video and looked like he was playing against a bunch of middle schoolers who have never played basketball! And this guy plays in CLASS A in Michigan... I know one thing..MICHIGAN ISN'T MUCH OF A BASKETBALL STATE IN HIGH SCHOOL! Looks like he has heavy feet, but like mentioned, this guy still has another year to develop his game.

SmileSmile Class A is the highest level of Michigan basketball. He is the best player on the best team in the state. Michigan is no slouch to high school basketball either bub.There have been a couple Dookies from there, Shane Battier being one. Chris Webber went to that same school, Detroit Country Day. BJ Armstrong is from Michigan if I recall, Not to mention my boy's Jamal and Joe Crawford. Michigan is actually a pretty phenomenal basketball state.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Just in case you've been out of the country lately, almost all the 'discussion' in the Commonwealth about Tubby Smith has been negative...newspapers, TV, radio stations, chat boards, bedroom talk...everywhere.... Just stating the obvious, alfus.

Tell that to the 24,000 who scream his name every home game at Rupp.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Looks like he has heavy feet, but like mentioned, this guy still has another year to develop his game.

Heh.......should be a pefect replacement for Bobby Perry and SHEE-ray. Just what UK needs....another slow, 'project'.
Gorn Wrote:Tell that to the 24,000 who scream his name every home game at Rupp.

Haven't we seen these same words somewhere before?? Smile If 24,000 are screaming his name, just who in the heck is doing all the booing then?? Must be the popcorn vendors. Either that or the other team is piping in the boos over the PA system. Smile
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Heh.......should be a pefect replacement for Bobby Perry and SHEE-ray. Just what UK needs....another slow, 'project'.

You should not only criticize Tubby for this one then. Go after Izzo, Sampson, and Pearl among others, because this guy was a hot commodity, and you just can't get over the fact that Tubby beat these guys out for him.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
corndog23 Wrote:SmileSmile Class A is the highest level of Michigan basketball. He is the best player on the best team in the state. Michigan is no slouch to high school basketball either bub.There have been a couple Dookies from there, Shane Battier being one. Chris Webber went to that same school, Detroit Country Day. BJ Armstrong is from Michigan if I recall, Not to mention my boy's Jamal and Joe Crawford. Michigan is actually a pretty phenomenal basketball state.

Smile I was thinking the same thing. Best junior in the entire state of Michigan which is a hell of a lot better than Kentucky basketball.

Funny that these people don't realize Patterson was a 3 star his junior year too. Players develop guys, he's just 17 and is just now getting the attention he deserves.

If this guy went to Tennessee(which was after him) the fans would be calling for Tubby's head. Rolleyes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:More negative Tubby bashing in a thread over getting what seems to be a pretty good recruit that flew under the radar.
Alfus ol buddy maybe he is just like every other big man he brings in,,he,ll suck!!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:Alfus ol buddy maybe he is just like every other big man he brings in,,he,ll suck!!!

How do you know that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOL, name one that hasn't!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:LOL, name one that hasn't!

Erik Daniels, Chuck Hayes, Marquis Estill, Randolph Morris. Even Tayshaun Prince could be considered one of Tubby's big men who done well. Since he led the team in rebounds more than one season.

Jamaal Magloire developed tremendously under Tubby Smith.

I still think it's horrendous to see fans giving this kid hell who just committed to play for us, when any other school would be welcoming this kid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think this is an excellent recruit for Smith and Kentucky. He looked pretty solid in the video. Some room for improvement, but I think he'll be a good post player. Darius Miller has UK high on his list that includes Louisville, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Tennessee, Indiana, and Connecticut, among others. They're in the running for Patterson and Lucas for the 2007 Class. This seems to be a good start for the 2008 Class, IMO.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I think this is an excellent recruit for Smith and Kentucky. He looked pretty solid in the video. Some room for improvement, but I think he'll be a good post player. Darius Miller has UK high on his list that includes Louisville, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Tennessee, Indiana, and Connecticut, among others. They're in the running for Patterson and Lucas for the 2007 Class. This seems to be a good start for the 2008 Class, IMO.

Haven't really liked Tubby for a while now, but I like that he got this player. If he can't land the other players, it's going to be a gloomy UK year.
alfus21 Wrote:How do you know that?
I dont alfus no pun intended.I am getting ready to click on a thread that shows him in action.I would not be afraid to say he is probably one of the best high school players in the country.
I can't wait to see this guy in a UK uniform. Sounds like he is only getting better and better. Alfus you just can't pay attention to some people. They tend to not have a clue about things sometimes. If I am not mistaken we have put a few players in the NBA lately.