Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Tolerant" Liberal
TheRealThing Wrote:But allow me to extend to any and all, the opportunity to post here on this forum so much as one lie that they know the President has spoken. Prove to us all with so much as ONE statement or quote the President has made, that he is either a racist or a white supremacist.

Tic-Toc, LOL.

I offer up this same challenge (^^ as in the quote above) to give opportunity every so often, for the Trump detractors to provide any proof whatever for all the charges of bias and racism they like to spread against the President. Of course no examples are ever forthcoming because the charges are nothing but lies and slander. As are 99% of the rest of the negativity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Tic-Toc, LOL.

I offer up this same challenge (^^ as in the quote above) to give opportunity every so often, for the Trump detractors to provide any proof whatever for all the charges of bias and racism they like to spread against the President. Of course no examples are ever forthcoming because the charges are nothing but lies and slander. As are 99% of the rest of the negativity.
As you know, TRT, I voted for Trump and will be voting for him again in 2020. I agree 100 percent with your assertion that he is anything but a racist. However, there are so many examples of Trump blatantly lying that I am not going to waste much time recapping examples of his dishonesty. Had you ended your challenge to Trump detractors at providing examples of the president showing the kind of racial bias or outright racism that Obama and so many liberal politicians exhibit on a daily basis, then you would have been on solid ground.

Implying that there are no documented examples of Trump lying is going a bridge too far, IMO. When it comes to lies, Trump belongs to the go big or go home school of prevarication.

It appears that President Trump is ready to join forces with the despicable duo of Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell to undermine the Second Amendment rights of American citizens. Donald Trump is the best available candidate among a very bad crop of 2020 presidential contenders but I doubt that he will be running a clean, character counts type of campaign in 2020.

I would say that I have been disappointed in the job that Trump has done on many counts, including signing trillion dollar budget deficits into law, but I expected that his performance would be the mixed bag that it has been so far and is likely to be in the future.

Quote:Background Checks

Trump asserts that an "overwhelming majority of people who go through background checks are law-abiding gun owners" and that too many states fail to properly put criminal and mental-health records into the database system.

The GOP nominee wants to focus on fixing defective gun legislation already in place, instead of expanding on it in order to avoid infringing on the Second Amendment rights of Americans.

"What we need to do is fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don't need to do is expand a broken system," Trump says on his campaign website. - from Business Insider article Oct. 8, 2016

Most criminals who use guns during the commission of violent crimes are never subjected to background checks and will never be subjected to them because criminals don't pay any attention to worthless, feel good legislation passed by cynical, dishonest politicians.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:As you know, TRT, I voted for Trump and will be voting for him again in 2020. I agree 100 percent with your assertion that he is anything but a racist. However, there are so many examples of Trump blatantly lying that I am not going to waste much time recapping examples of his dishonesty. Had you ended your challenge to Trump detractors at providing examples of the president showing the kind of racial bias or outright racism that Obama and so many liberal politicians exhibit on a daily basis, then you would have been on solid ground.

Implying that there are no documented examples of Trump lying is going a bridge too far, IMO. When it comes to lies, Trump belongs to the go big or go home school of prevarication.

It appears that President Trump is ready to join forces with the despicable duo of Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell to undermine the Second Amendment rights of American citizens. Donald Trump is the best available candidate among a very bad crop of 2020 presidential contenders but I doubt that he will be running a clean, character counts type of campaign in 2020.

I would say that I have been disappointed in the job that Trump has done on many counts, including signing trillion dollar budget deficits into law, but I expected that his performance would be the mixed bag that it has been so far and is likely to be in the future.

Most criminals who use guns during the commission of violent crimes are never subjected to background checks and will never be subjected to them because criminals don't pay any attention to worthless, feel good legislation passed by cynical, dishonest politicians.

You and I are just not going to ever agree on one thing. And that is how much blame one could reasonably ascribe to Trump for the state of affairs in this nation as of Nov 8, 2016. And generally how far gone we already were. You've read my posts you know I've been warning about the moral degradation in the general sense since I came on here. I think he's done a reasonably good job considering the undeniable resistance with which he's been met by every last Democrat in government, along with the RINO wing of the Republican Conference, along with the deepstate, and along with the so-called free press.

My challenge was meant to be very specifically and narrowly defined. I blew that I suppose, when I included the sentence about one lie because people who do not like the President could say about everything he has said is a lie. The President has somewhat of a language problem, and I do agree that he often does not completely finish sentences, much less develop fully his train of thought. A LOT of people refer to such lapses as lies. And there have been other situations in which he has not yet come through with his promises. We do have a US Congress involved here to some degree too, correct? Though I did leave myself open for a certain criticism for having stated that line about the lie, I do not subscribe to that analysis . Restating my challenge more pointedly;

"But allow me to extend to any and all, the opportunity to post here on this forum so much as one lie that they know the President has spoken.

Prove to us all with so much as ONE statement or quote the President has made, that he is either a racist or a white supremacist."

The attacks being waged on President Trump are not based on whether he has lied. The attacks on him are the false charges of racism and white supremacist tendencies. They're trying to make another Hitler out of him. And they're trying to win the next election with that attack, you know this. You also know many minority groups have largely bought into these false charges and I believe you ought not to hold your peace on the matter because you know better. As I have said, I doubt there are many men who've been interviewed more, quoted more, or video and audio taped more. TV, radio, magazines, news papers, you name it. Almost everything the man has ever written or stated or mused about is on record SOMEPLACE, and with the legions of rabid chipmunks out there spending all of their time and millions of tax dollars that you and I will most likely never officially hear about, looking and sifting through all of that and turning over rocks if necessary, in the effort to find one little teensy example of racism or white supremacism; you can bet if there were one example, they'd have uncovered it by now and shouted it to the moon. Thus I know one thing, there are zero examples of his having made such a death deserving politically correct trespass on record.

As for the potential assault on the second amendment. All anyone would have to do under Trump's plan "as spoken," would be to have any doctor anywhere I suppose, to declare an individual mentally deficient. 'The man' would then be send to take his guns. If that's the case I would expect that when Democrats retake the White House, any and all deplorables who happen to hit the liberal radar screen for any reason whatever, may well find the man coming to their home to confiscate their guns. Any health reason could be deemed disqualifying, as could anybody say- younger than 21 or older that 65, or fill in the blanks because once that door is cracked there is absolutely no limit or going back. I agree, they'd turn the second amendment into a joke.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You and I are just not going to ever agree on one thing. And that is how much blame one could reasonably ascribe to Trump for the state of affairs in this nation as of Nov 8, 2016. And generally how far gone we already were. You've read my posts you know I've been warning about the moral degradation in the general sense since I came on here. I think he's done a reasonably good job considering the undeniable resistance with which he's been met by every last Democrat in government, along with the RINO wing of the Republican Conference, along with the deepstate, and along with the so-called free press.

My challenge was meant to be very specifically and narrowly defined. I blew that I suppose, when I included the sentence about one lie because people who do not like the President could say about everything he has said is a lie. The President has somewhat of a language problem, and I do agree that he often does not completely finish sentences, much less develop fully his train of thought. A LOT of people refer to such lapses as lies. And there have been other situations in which he has not yet come through with his promises. We do have a US Congress involved here to some degree too, correct? Though I did leave myself open for a certain criticism for having stated that line about the lie, I do not subscribe to that analysis . Restating my challenge more pointedly;

"But allow me to extend to any and all, the opportunity to post here on this forum so much as one lie that they know the President has spoken.

Prove to us all with so much as ONE statement or quote the President has made, that he is either a racist or a white supremacist."

The attacks being waged on President Trump are not based on whether he has lied. The attacks on him are the false charges of racism and white supremacist tendencies. They're trying to make another Hitler out of him. And they're trying to win the next election with that attack, you know this. You also know many minority groups have largely bought into these false charges and I believe you ought not to hold your peace on the matter because you know better. As I have said, I doubt there are many men who've been interviewed more, quoted more, or video and audio taped more. TV, radio, magazines, news papers, you name it. Almost everything the man has ever written or stated or mused about is on record SOMEPLACE, and with the legions of rabid chipmunks out there spending all of their time and millions of tax dollars that you and I will most likely never officially hear about, looking and sifting through all of that and turning over rocks if necessary, in the effort to find one little teensy example of racism or white supremacism; you can bet if there were one example, they'd have uncovered it by now and shouted it to the moon. Thus I know one thing, there are zero examples of his having made such a death deserving politically correct trespass on record.

As for the potential assault on the second amendment. All anyone would have to do under Trump's plan "as spoken," would be to have any doctor anywhere I suppose, to declare an individual mentally deficient. 'The man' would then be send to take his guns. If that's the case I would expect that when Democrats retake the White House, any and all deplorables who happen to hit the liberal radar screen for any reason whatever, may well find the man coming to their home to confiscate their guns. Any health reason could be deemed disqualifying, as could anybody say- younger than 21 or older that 65, or fill in the blanks because once that door is cracked there is absolutely no limit or going back. I agree, they'd turn the second amendment into a joke.
As amended, I agree 100 percent with what you said above. It is ludicrous to accuse President Trump of being a bigot and/or a racist while ignoring the actual bigots and racists among liberal Democrats in this nation. There are actually very few white supremacists in this country while the Democrat Party is full of members who absolutely and openly hate white people and Jews because of the color of their skin, their political positions, and their religious beliefs.

I applaud Trump for sharply demonstrating the fact that racist and political extremism is concentrated among the members of the Democrat Party. He deserves the lions' share of credit for the sharp decline in the credibility of CNN, NBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and many other formerly respected left wing media outlets.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:As amended, I agree 100 percent with what you said above. It is ludicrous to accuse President Trump of being a bigot and/or a racist while ignoring the actual bigots and racists among liberal Democrats in this nation. There are actually very few white supremacists in this country while the Democrat Party is full of members who absolutely and openly hate white people and Jews because of the color of their skin, their political positions, and their religious beliefs.

I applaud Trump for sharply demonstrating the fact that racist and political extremism is concentrated among the members of the Democrat Party. He deserves the lions' share of credit for the sharp decline in the credibility of CNN, NBC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, and many other formerly respected left wing media outlets.

Exactly.

You know, I got up this morning to a beautiful day. I love the summertime morning mists and the birds were singing as usual, but I worry about the days ahead. The vast majority of those in high office do not have any viable contrast to help shape their concept of reality. All they've ever known are the relative good times following WW2. In a word they are sublimely--- naïve. They look around at all that is, and to them, America will always be here. In their rhetoric we see the truth of their thoughts. Theirs is the pursuit of gender blending liberal insanity. And for those whose hearts are grounded in the hope of loftier pursuits than mixed public bathrooms, a future with Booker et-al at the helm would mean the end of the dreams of the founders. Thus in present day light in spite of all of the founders successes, does their apparent heavy heartedness suddenly make perfect sense. The ideals of freedom and self governance are cut from a whole cloth of which history offers up but a scant few equals. And we are on the cusp of willful forfeiture.

What with superficial Democrat doofuses like Presidential candidate Corey Booker carrying on with the resistance and saying things like-- "We will overcome his (President Trump's) darkness with our light." And Joe Biden is out saying "We choose truth over facts." And with Jerrold Madler starting "formal impeachment hearings." And Tommy Lee publishes his little liberal manifestos. https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertain...964504001/ I am reminded daily how tenuous this temporary grasp on normalcy really is, is. 2020 isn't far away my friend. If the left can pull off the unthinkable, this may well prove to have been our last visit to the oasis of the real.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:As amended, I agree 100 percent with what you said above. It is ludicrous to accuse President Trump of being a bigot and/or a racist while ignoring the actual bigots and racists among liberal Democrats in this nation. There are actually very few white supremacists in this country while the Democrat Party is full of members who absolutely and openly hate white people and Jews because of the color of their skin, their political positions, and their religious beliefs.

I did not address the bolded part of your post before because I thought it deserved it's own response. As you say, there aren't enough white supremacists in this country to merit even making mention. They're obvious loons whose influence is not even slightly measureable. To paint shootings or other atrocities as right wing mania is just another lie from the left; an overwrought ploy which comes out of the same old tattered Democrat playbook.

I remember clearly how Democrats in Congress tried to say Gabby Giffords' assailant was a right wing crazy nut job, when actually he was just plain old nuts. They try to do the same thing every time something bad happens. The shooting in Orlando is another example. The guy killed 49 and wounded 53 others and because it was a gay club, the news media was so sure it was one of those 'crazy' Church people. In fact the guy was a radicalized Islamist. They tried the same thing with the Sandy Hook shooting. The case against the right is a total lie, but it's a case waiting 24/7 to happen so the left can pin it on somebody. Same thing with the Tea Party. And now that it has started, the lying will never stop.

Here's what gets me though. How do they (Dems) continue to get by with openly bashing all the white people and Jews and yet, these same white people and Jews vote for them anyway? If I didn't know anything else about this sick mess, that would be enough to convince me how much trouble we're in.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]